Averian University: The Bound...

IricoDale tarafından

Phantom. Mezul Castron grew up always being called by that name. In the Crimson World, it is a term that is b... Daha Fazla

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet The Prince
Chapter 2: Underground School
Chapter 3: A Part Of Mystic Council
Chapter 4: First Day
Chapter 5: The Duel Between The Pro And The Newbie
Chapter 6: Outside The Battle Field
Chapter 7: Trouble Under The Table
Chapter 8: First Assignment
Chapter 9: Forbidden Gate Of Triad Land
Chapter 10: Missing In Action
Chapter 11: Arriving
Chapter 12: Milky Berries
Chapter 13: Quiseras Rose And The Soul Suckers
Chapter 14: Mystic Market
Chapter 15: Potion Making
Chapter 16: Potion Of Destruction By The Phantom Girl
Chapter 17: Guild Mark And His Present
Chapter 18: The Fight
Chapter 19: Sick
Chapter 20: An Angry Hell Keeper
Chapter 21: An Underwater Tour
Chapter 22: Regret
Chapter 23: Metal Vessels
Chapter 24: Successors
Chapter 25: Gone Beserk
Chapter 26: Illusionist Tribe
Chapter 27: Favor
Chapter 28: With Him
Chapter 29: Missing Heart
Chapter 30: Fire Festival
Chapter 31: Fallen
Chapter 32: Chase
Chapter 33: Inside Hell
Chapter 34: Search For The Prince
Chapter 35: The Real Beginning
Chapter 36: Monster Within
Chapter 37: Exchange
Chapter 38: Freed
Chapter 39: The King's Sin
Chapter 40: The Comeback
Chapter 41: Hearing
Chapter 43: Izea

Chapter 42: Make It Right

158 12 6
IricoDale tarafından

Make It Right
MEZUL

I DECIDED TO breathe some fresh air in one of the towers outside of the palace even if I just got back. The aura of the Emperor Palace is suffocating and I wanted an escape. Hindi ko namalayan ang oras at nakatulog. It's about two am in the morning when I woke up and get back inside.

Dinala ako ng mga paa ko sa aking dorm and you won't believe me who I saw standing in front of my door... It was Ayen. Nakasandal ito sa aking pinto at halatang inaantok na mula sa kahihintay. Pero bakit siya nandito? And why did she insist on waiting for me until such time?

Nagkibit-balikat ako at naglakad patungo dito. Mahina ko siyang tinapik sa balikat upang magising. Nagbigla ito at akmang hahambalusin ako ngunit tumigil kalagitnaan ng mapagtanto na ko ang kaharap.

"Heee... Ikaw pala 'yan!" She automatically hide her arms shyly on her back and gave me an awkward smile.

Tinanguan ko ito saka binuksan ang aking pinto at pumasok sa loob. I left the door open as an invitation for her to come inside.

I'm surprised, she's still outside at this hour without getting caught. Ano nalang ang nangyari sa curfew ng mga estudyante?

"How are you? Seems like you wanted to say something important for you to stay outside at this hour." Sabi ko ng marinig ko itong isinara ang pinto.

She took a seat on my sofa and look around na para bang hindi pa siya nakapasok sa aking kwarto. She is surprisingly quiet and acting strange.

"So... are you not gonna tell me why are you here?" Pag-uudyok ko dito na magsalita. She was sleepy a while ago but know she looks clueless.

"Ahh...?" Her iris went on the corner of her eyes, thinking. "Sinadya talaga kita... hehe. Matagal kang nawala at... na-miss lang kita." Tumungo ito at ipinagdikit ang makabilang hintuturo. She's still shy. "You see, we haven't talked for more than a week and... not seeing you made me realize how cruel I am the last time we saw each other. I've been awfall to you..."

What?

"You? Cruel to me?" Hindi makapaniwalang sagot ko.

Nag-angat ito ng tingin at tumango-tango sa akin. Her curls are bouncing from nodding as if she's making me admit that she really did something bad to me.

"I did not think of you that way..."

Which is honestly true.

Looking back... something really did happen before I left to enter Hell. Pero hindi naman ako nagalit sa kanya that time.

I distanced myself to them so I could focus on my main goal. To protect them and bring the prince back.

I even forgot about what happened then because its been almost three years the last time I saw her. She's not aware of that though.

If any, I am actually thankul to her.

"You are hurt then and I cannot blame you for what you feel. You did the right thing. I only asked you to tell me the truth and you did. You are a true friend, Ayen." I said sincerely and went to her so I could reach her for a hug.

"No... I am so terribe... But thank you for being my friend still." Pumiyok ito pa ito habang yakap ako.

"You are not terrible so stop sobbing okay?" Humiwalay ako mula sa pagkakayakap sa kanya upang makita ang kanyang mukha. Her face is all red and her eyes are puffy. Sumisinok pa ito at napakamot nalang ako ng ulo.

Panandalian ko din itong iniwan upang kumalma at naglinis na muna ng sarili. Paglabas ko sa banyo ay nakaupo pa din ito sa upaan na pinag-iwanan ko.

She looked up to me brightly, determined about something...

"We need to talk about something..."

--

Ayen confessed what she knows about her brother and his cousin Ulrio. I am pretty much aware about the whole situation even if it's confusing. Between the two of us, she ended up being the one who's surprised.

Ikinuwento ko sa kanya ang ilan sa mga pangyayari noong mga araw na hindi kami nagkita. Excluding what happened between me and prinsipe Ul. Well, it's only a few days for her but for me it's been years.

She's shock of that fact as expected. That night, morning rather--- she ended up sleeping in my room.

We even got breakfast together on the dinning hall and accompanied me as well during lunch time. She's still attending school while I, on the other hand is still under a mission.

I cannot say that it's complete already until the King tells me otherwise. After all, we talk to each other before I left. Our conversation bothers me every single time. I wish, I could forget it. That fact that he doesn't want me to end up with his son is scaring me.

But he has no choice now. Takot ako sa sa sabihin niya pero hindi ibig sabihin noon na naduduwag na ako. I have to complete the bond and assumed my position as the she-hell keeper. I am gonna force myself to forget what we agreed before I left and he can be mad to me for all I care.

When I decided to accept the bond, that's what I realized. There's one thing left I'm worried about though...

Arliah's feelings with my mate.

I was walking on my way back to my dorm when a hand grabbed me from behind.

It's prinsipe Ul. And he has no emotion in his eyes again.

I am so tired looking at them.

The fact that he was deprived from his own emotions makes me want to annihilate the elders. But of course--- I have to be resonable. Hindi na ako bata para patawarin sa mga kasalanan. I am no longer inocent. I am at the point of my age where I have to be mindful of my actions. Because a simple decision I make can destroy anything.

I wonder...

When will the time come where I can just simply love the person I wanna be with my whole life?

When can I freely do what I want?

Wait.

Did I just thought that I lo---

"Where the hell have you been?" Prinsipe Ul asked in low voice, coldly. Bahagyang mahigpit ang pagkakahawak nito sa aking braso at magkalubong ang mga kilay.

Never mind.

"I have been looking everywhere for you..." His voice soften a little upon seeing my stoic reaction.

I am not really happy that he's here right now.

No, scratch that. What I meant was I an not happy that he showed up on the wrong time. I am pissed. I want him to find me as soon as possible. Yet... It took him a whole day before he found me.

Just what the hell did he do with Arliah?

I left him with her yesterday. I don't want to think what happened between them.

Ugh! I really hate myself for thinking this way!

"Ganoon ba?" Payak kong sagot.

Ilang segundo kaming nagkatitigan. When he did not say anything, nagtangka akong talikuran siya. I really don't want to talk to him right now.

But he stopped me before I can even step away.

"Are you gonna hide again?" This time his tone became pissed. His eyes remained emotionless. I have a feeling that if I continue with this behavior, he will not like it.

But so what?

Siya lang ba lagi ay may karapatang magalit?

"Anong sinasabi mo? Saan naman ako magtatago?" Natatawang sagot ko, nagpapangap. Like there is nothing wrong.

Ayoko nang palakihin itong inis na nararamdaman ko. I will just keep it to myself as usual.

"I've got a feeling that you are mad at me. Don't laugh or smile when you don't mean it." He slid his hand from my arm down to my hands and intertwined our fingers.

My brows met.

Hindi rumehistro kaagad sa akin ang ginawa niya ngunit ng makita ko ang isang estudyante na napatingin sa aming magkasalikop na kamay ay agad kong sinubukan na bumitaw.

"What the heck are you doing?"

I wish, I can say that out loud. Of course, I can't bad mouth the Crown Prince in front of others! People will only talk about us even more!

Instead, I just glared at him. He wouldn't budge though.

"You are really mad at me, huh?"

Hindi nito binitawan ang aking kamay. Sa halip ay dinarag ako nito papunta sa kung saan ng hindi binibitawan ang aking kamay.

It caused a ruckus.

"Oh my god! Can you see, guys what I am seeing?"

"What's the meaning of this?"

"Why does Prince Ulrio is holding hands with that Phantom?"

"Okay, just what the the hell is happening here?"

"Are they together? Anong nangyari kay prinsesa Arliah?"

"I just saw him with her yesterday!"

As expected, walang preno talaga ang bibig ng mga malisyosang estudyante. Walang pakealam ang mga ito kahit naririnig namin ang lahat.

The prince ignored all of it and just kept dragging me where most people are present. Pilit na iniyuko ko ang aking ulo upang hindi nila ako makilala.

As if that's gonna change anything...

HAH!

I don't know what to feel. Sari-saring emosyon. Ngunit may isang nangingibabaw...

I just wanted to disappear in the midst of the crowd.

Hindi ko alam kung anong iniisip ng prinsipe ngayon. I am too embarrassed for myself to think of him. I just... really want this to end.

My heart is beating rapidly. I am so afraid and confuse and my feelings just won't end...

What if Arliah sees us?

Nangako ako sa kanya na hindi ako magkakainteres kay prinsipe Ul. Nai-uuwi ko siya pabalik at isasauli sa kanya. I regretted it! I did it because of my pride!

I wanna back out... so bad. So damn bad that I can feel my cheeks heating up and my eyes starting to tear up.

I cannot return my mate to him...

Hindi... Hindi ko kakayanin na isauli si prinsipe Ul sa kanya. He's mine... And he's not an object... I will not surrender anything. Prinsipe Ul has his own mind. He can decide for himself.

Though, I cannot let Arliah see us. Not right now. Prinsipe Ul has to clear things with their relationship first. That's how we can make this right.

I don't want to be embarrassed anymore...

"Ulrio?"

The sounds of books falling echoed. Prinsipe Ul and I stopped midway on a hall.

My eyes widened upon realizing who's the owner of the voice. It's Arliah.

Why now? Why does she happened to be here in the middle of this situation? We cannot have this confrontation right now... I cannot just handle it.

Damn.

Dahan-dahan akong nag-angat ng tingin.

Hindi ako nagkamali. Si Arliah nga ang nakatayo sa aming harapan. She's accompanied by some of her friends and her hand maiden who immediately picked up her books.

Her eyes tells me that she is confused. And then her gaze fell over on our intertwined hands. Suminghap ito at agad na tinakpan ang bibig sa realisasyon.

"Ulrio are you---"

"We'll talk about this later." Prinsipe Ul cut her off before she could finish her sentence and then dragged me again. Natulala nalang ako at nagpatangay sa kanya.

Did... he just ignore her?

I... I just don't know what to think. What did he do that? Hindi pa sila nag-usap?

Ilang sandali pa ay tumigil din kami.

Sa labas ng palasyo ako dinala ng prinsipe. It is place somewhere on the back of the palace where a river flows down to Mt. Alilah. The place is magically beautiful filled with roses and yet I cannot even admire it.

Anong ginagawa namin dito?

This place is off limits...

Ah! Nakalimutan ko... isa nga pala siyang prinsipe.

"Are you not going to say anything to me?" He asked and finally let go of my hand. "Are you just gonna stare at my feet the whole time?"

Maybe...

I have no face to show right now.

My cheeks are red from embarrassment and I feel really cold from the nervousness he made me experience.

At itong puso ko... Naghuhumerantado sa sakit.

"Mezul, why are you mad at me, huh?"

Ewan ko?

Hindi ko alam kung anong isasagot. Basta hindi ko siya kayang harapin ngayon. Or maybe I know the answer and I just don't wanna admit it?

"Okay... If you're not gonna tell me the reason---fine. Whatever I did, I am sorry. Just please.. please talk to me right now or I am gonna loose myself. I haven't seen you for a whole day and when I finally found you, you are treating me like a plague---"

A plague?

"---that you won't even look at my face. Are you upset that Arliah hugged me yesterday?"

So he knows?

Then why ask?

"I swear it's just a hug. I felt nothing to her as always. Hey, look at me."

This time he tugged my arm. Nang hindi ako natinag ay sinapo nito ang aking baba at inangat ang aking mukha. After seeing my face, he froze.

"Hey..." He said, breathlessly. Magkasalubong pa rin ang kilay. His voice sounded like he is in pain and proceeded to wipe the liquid pouring down from my eyes. "Hey, I'm sorry..."

I pushed his hand away from wiping my tears and turned my back on him.

"I don't really want to see you right now..."

"I don't undderstand..."

"That's fine. Just leave me alone." I said coldly.

"But I don't wanna leave you alone..." Hinawakan nito ang aking kamay. "Mezul, if I did something to upset you, please let me be aware. We agreed to tell everything with each other right?"

Right.

"Fine." Hinarap ko ito ngunit minentena ang aming distansya. "Why don't you start first?"

He looked at me, confused. "Where do you want me to start?"

"I don't know. Maybe tell me what happened after we came back."

He sighed and tried to approached me but I stepped back.

"You can tell that I am not in the mood for this. your highness. Hindi ko gusto na makita mo ako na ganito dahil hindi ako 'to. I don't want you to think that I am shallow. But since we are already here... fine. Tell me what happened after we came back."

"Nothing happened. Please believe me..."

"That's not what I wanted to hear."

He shook his head. "Alright... Arliah just hugged me. We did not even talked. I left the moment I loose you out of my sight. I wanted to run after you but I can't."

"Why you can't?"

"I was summoned by the Mystic Council..."

Okay...

Summoned without me?

"Wow." Hindi makapaniwalang sambit ko. "You were summoned without me... What nonsense."

"It's not what you think, okay?" This time, he's becoming frustrated. "I swear---we just discussed my situation. They made me explain why I was gone for more than a month. The King bought up the subject of my missing heart so I told them to return it. The whole meeting took hours being discussed. I tried to find you after but you are nowhere to be seen. And when I learned about your location, I was told to leave you alone with Ayen. I only got a chance to get you a while ago. I never talk to Arliah."

"I understand," I said, nodding. "But you have still have to talk to her. Or maybe I should---"

"No. Let me settle this on my own. I am partially to blame with this problem."

"You don't undertand. I promised that I will bring you back here and be with her again. She's gonna be upset."

"So that's it, huh?" Tumaas ang isang kilay nito. "I see..." He nodded to himself. "We are already together, aren't we? There's no need for you to talk to her. I am not gonna be with her and you already broke your promise. What else is there to say?"

"Pero hindi niya matatanggap. I have to say sorry to her. Before I became part of your life, she have you first!"

"No. I belong to you from the very beginning!" He combed his fair using his fingers, frustratedly. "I just chose not to be. But that was then. This is final, Mezul. I will leave for now like what you wish. I am gonna you time. I will comeback to you once you calmed down. I wanted you to feel that our relationship is right. I settled the situation with the council already. There's no need for you to talk to her anymore and ask for my heart."

Just like that, I was left alone again by myself.

--

THE FOLLOWING DAY, I was summoned by a member of the council together with Ayen, Dino, Zaina, Altie and... the prince. At first, I thought, I will be alone. But I was surprised to see them.

"Wow! It's been a long time since all of us gathered in one place! This feels nostalgic!" Altie cried out as soon as he entered the room.

Agad naman itong kumuha ng mauupuan pagkakita sa lalaking nakatayo sa harapan at seryosong nakatitig sa amin. Altie and prinsipe Ul were the last to arrive and they were together.

"Finally, we are complete!" Masiglang bati nito, taliwas sa kaseryosohan niya kanina.

The guy, as usual only looks a few years older than all of us here. He is also a Crimson and if my memory serves me right, we already met once. That was when I trespassed the Emperor Palace.

He was the same guy who gave me a genuine smile then that is why I did not forget him.

"So... Pleasant evening... My name is Aragon." He started. "Some of you might know me, some maybe not. I work for the King as an advisor and I am also a member of the Mystic Council which is the reason why all of you are summoned here." He sounded young but since he's part of Mystic council, he's probably way older than I think.

"We got a new mission for you."

Strange.

Why would a member of the Mystic council personally gather us here to tell us our mission? Ganoon ba ka-importante ang ito?

"And yes, this mission was given to all of you by the Mystic Council that's why I came to personally brief you."

This guy... Hindi ko alam pero may kung anong nararamdaman ako sa kanya na kakaiba. He's presence is oddly familiar. Na para bang matagal na kaming magkakilala. But I am certain that I only met him once. Until today.

"They asked all of us to be together?" si Dino.

"Isn't that cool? Ang tagal na rin noong huling beses na nagkasama tayong lahat! Aren't you, guys excited?" Si Ayen.

"Not really..." Si Zaina. As usual, she looks bored. "If a member of the Mystic Council is personally here to brief us with the mission, it only means one thing... The mission is extremely dangerous."

"Come on, we are always in danger!" Si Altie na tinapik ng bahagya sa braso ang kausap. "We are the strongest team here. Both Hell Gate Keepers are with us. Of course we can complete this!"

"If its only about strength and power, Mezul and Prince Ulrio can handle the mission. We are here for a reason."

"Tama na yan, guys... Sir Aragon is a very important person here and we should not waste his time. We'll have enough time to catch up later." This time si Dino naman ang nagsalita.

"Thank you. I can tell just by the way to you talk with each other that you are defenitely the best team here. But like what Zaina said, this mission is not ordinary. Hence, both Hell-Keepers are present so you all have to listen carefully..."

"So what's the mission?" This time, it was me who asked.

The Sir looked at me and gave me a strange smile. "You guys, will be retrieving an artifact. Not just any artifact at that." He stood up and draw something on the white board in front. After that, he provided up a piece of paper which seems to be the map.

"This is Panorea." he said referring to what he drawn to the white board. 

"WHAT?!" Everyone said in unison aside from me and prinsipe Ul.

The object is like a box with ancient markings carved on it. In fairness to the Sir, he's a good artist.

But...

What the hell is Panorea?

"Sir, I'm afraid we cannot complete this mission."

"I don't understand why the council asked us to do this."

"No wonder you choose to pair us..."

"You guys, were asking us to take the Crimson World's first defense?"

What?

Is that how big deal the Panorea is? First defense?"

"Hindi kayo nagkamali ng dinig. The Mystic Council wants you to retrieve Panorea and return it here in the Emperor Palace."

"Please tell us why we should do that."

"Is this so kind of joke?"

"Guys, let hear him out..."

"Wait! Hold on! What the hell is Panorea?" Singit ko sa mga nagbabangayan at lahat ng mga ito ay napatingin sa akin.

Wait. Why are they looking at me like that?

"You don't know what Panorea is?"

"Hindi?" Tinaasan ko ng kilay si Dino and he gulped.

"Panorea is the first line of defense here in the Crimson World." Si prinsipe Ul ang sumagot. Nagtama ang aming mga paningin. And I stared at him. "It's an object that creates a barrier to protect us from being attacked by the Illusionist tribe. It covers the gateway of the Underworld."

It covers what?

"It was installed almost 20 years ago. The council found a way to delay the opening of the gate to keep the Illusionist tribe from attacking us." Pagpapatuloy ni Zaina.

"That's right. For the last few months, we suffered so much from the attacks of the Illusionist. The reason why is because of the fact that the artifact's magueh is weakening. It can no longer support our world. Panorea was only a temporary solution to this problem 19 years ago. We can no longer delay things so us, Crimson's need to be prepared."

"So once we retrieve the artifact, that means..." Altie trailed.

"That's right, Altie. We are going to open our defense and we will be attacked by the Illusionist tribe. Us Crimsons will engaged into a war."

---

I remained silent the whole time the mission was being discussed by the Sir. Not because of how difficult the mission is but because of my realization.

The Sir was not talking about the artifact. I am positive that it was only disguised as one. He was talking about prinsipe Ul's heart...

And we are finally going to retrieve it.

Until now, I can't still grasped the idea.

Gusto ko na maibalik na ang puso ni Prinsipe Ul at natutuwa ako sa balita na pumayag na sa wakas ang council. Though, that only means that we cannot avoid danger anymore. Crimson will engaged into a war. I have to get stronger. I have to be a full pledge hell keeper soon and prinsipe Ul and I have to complete our bond.

There's a lot of things going on in my head. Hindi ko alam kung alin ang uunahin sa lahat ng mga ito.

Should I talk to him first? Or should I focus on being stronger?

No. We are gonna be on a mission. Things are only gonna be awkward if I am gonna stick with him.

Damn. I have no idea that this will only gonna get harder...

"The location of the artifact is located in Izea."

Izea?

"It was hidden inside and you guys will be sent there to find it."

From what I know, Izea is located on the other side of the world. It was a place where ancient lords are burried. In the past, people created special monuments to burry the dead.

Ang lugar ay napapaligiran ng mga puno at sa gitna nito ay matatagpuan ang tatlong imprastraktura na ginawa ng mga sinaunang nilalang upang ihimlay ang katawan ng kanilang mga diyos-diyosan. Izea is an unholy place. And if we are gonna enter the pyramids there, it means we have to be prepared for a game of maze.

"There is only one map for the location and it will be entrusted to you. The Mystic Council will only asked you three things for this mission; dispell the artifact safely, burn the map and leave quietly. Do you understand?"

Everyone nodded.

"Make sure that all of you are going to return. What I meant is you have to alive. The Crimson World will need the strongest students of Averian University for the upcoming war so make sure that you will be protecting each other. Remember that someone will be waiting for you guys to get back."

--

A/N: Alright! This chapter is over 4000 words. A long chapter as promised! Our couple here just had their first fight and I wonder what will happen next...?

Do vote and leave a comment guys if you have thoughts about this chapter!

Ps. Slow updates ahead. I will be on training...

🖤

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

86K 2.6K 52
What kind was there before the fae we know today? A story where our Inner Circle finds a fairy not a fae. AzrielxOC 18+ First uploaded: 15/9 2023
495K 16.2K 123
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦𝗡'𝗧 𝗠𝗬 𝗡𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗟. 𝗜 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗨𝗥𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗘. 𝗔𝗟𝗦𝗢 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗠𝗬 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗦�...
78.1K 2.2K 25
"𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...
554K 17.9K 161
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...