The Joys of life

By Honeybee_mazwide

Life is unpredictable and not very fair to everyone. Things don't always go as planned but they sometimes hap... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
A/N

56

453 38 1
By Honeybee_mazwide

[56]

LETHOKUHLE

I woke up early the next morning, took a shower, and got ready for my day ahead. I was planning on going out and I will also pass by my sister's place. After I was dressed and ready, I went to check on my babies. I gave them baths made them porridge, then fed them. Lizwi walks in as I clean their faces.

Lizwi: "Good morning baby." I ignore him and put these two down so they can go watch their cartoons. I grabbed a fruit and my car keys then walked out. He will watch his kids today, I'm tired.

I got to Amahle's place, parked my car on the driveway then went inside. I knocked, and Thoba opened for me.

Thoba: "Hey girl."

Me: "Hey babe. I'm here to see my sister nje." I walk to the lounge, I find her relaxing on her couch.

Me: "Hey sissy."

Amahle: "Mmh? What do you want?!"

Me: "Hawu Amahle?! Do I need a reason to check on my sister?!"

Amahle: "Ngeke ngazi phela since you act all better than us forgetting that we were helping you while you were down." I frown confused and glance at Thoba.

Me: "Ngenzeni?!"

Amahle: "Yazi you irritate me wena! Ever since you got married to that man, usibukela phansi thina. You don't see us, you even disowned your father who raised your son and provided for you." I chuckle.

Me: "Aybo." I say in shock, no I'm seriously shocked.

Amahle: "We all looked after your son but manje, you are rich and you have forgotten all of that. You have forgotten that we were providing for you and your son Lethokuhle. I hate unappreciative people, people like you Letho."

Me: "Amahle, I'm sorry if ever I made you feel like you are nothing to me, or that I looked down on you..."

Thoba: "Hhayi Futsek! Uyadakwa lo! You are a very great person, wena friend, don't listen to this bitter b8tch!" he says sitting next to me and holding my hand. He then turns to Amahle.

Thoba: "Wena! Fokof with your black heart egcwele ubuthakathi nxx!" he grabs my hand and we walk towards the door.

Amahle: "Hambani vele! Wena Letho, I hope you won't come back crawling to us when that marriage-nyana yakho falls apart. Nx!" she then bangs the door after us. I look at Thoba shocked.

Thoba: "Don't mind her." we both get in my car and drive off to the mall.

**********
When I get home later on, I find my husband watching TV. I just walk into my bedroom to leave my shopping bags and then change my shoes. I go back downstairs to get started on dinner. My mood has been really off since Amahle's last words.

Lizwi: "Are you okay?" I nod aimlessly.

Lizwi: "Don't cook sthandwa sami, we'll order in." I put everything back in its place. I grab a packet of chips then go to bed. I curl myself on the bed with my laptop in front of me. I feel him wrap his arms around me, he kisses my head holding me tighter.

Me: "I really won't stand being your roommate instead of your wife. If work or whatever keeps you so occupied out there is more important than us, your family, then by all means leave my house."

Lizwi: "I'm sorry."

Me: "You just saying that Lizwi. I'm serious, if you keep being so busy then you might as well move to work or with whoever keeps you away from me and our kids."

Lizwi: "Yebo, ngiyaxolisa ngempela."

Me: "You missed the boys' sports events on Wednesday."

Lizwi: "Sh$t!"

Me: "What happened to communicating Lizwilenkosi?! huh?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 20.2K 127
A story about a woman who finds herself in a situation she never expected and it changes her whole life forever. Will she have her happily ever after...
122K 9.8K 52
Trust the timing of everything. Just because it's not happening right now doesn't mean it never will.. Everything will come to you at the.. perfect...
7.3K 295 18
my story is about zulu culture it a culture which is most common in South Africa. I'm going to try and make you all from different countries feel S...