Its A Kind Of Magic (Previous...

By GalaxyDefender1201

(Previously known as 'Deciding') Jess is your average college girl. She's quite pretty, has a bright future a... More

Chapter 1: The Boat Ride
Chapter 2 - Morning Selfie
Chapter 3: New Kid On The Block
Chapter 4: Date time Cupcake
Chapter 5: One Question, One Argument
Chapter 6: Making Ammends
Chapter 7: Party Pooper
Chapter 8: Jacks POV
Chapter 9: The War Zone
Chapter 10: Second Chances
Chapter 11: Party Planner
Chapter 12: The Dress
Chapter 13: Jacks POV
Chapter 14: The Birthday Party
Chapter 15: Jacks POV
Chapter 16: We need to talk
Chapter 17: True Pain
Chapter 18: I'll be ok
Chapter 19: Little Monkey
Chapter 20: The Best-ish Time Of Year
Chapter 21: Christmas Day
Chapter 22: Your secret is safe with me
Chapter 23: Punishment
Chapter 24: Mouldy Pumpkins, Frappes and Sleepovers
Chapter 25: New Years Eve
Chapter 26: Jacks POV
Chapter 27: Goofy smiles and Good News
Chapter 28: Long Time No See
Chapter 29: His True Home
Chapter 30: Brotherly Love
Chapter 31: Phone Conversations... with who?
Chapter 32: Big Fatty Blobby
Chapter 33: Hide and Seek
Chapter 35: You need some TLC and to get ready to KTA!
Chapter 36: Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them
Chapter 37: Jack's POV
Chapter 38: Jack's POV- Oh Wise One Danny
Chapter 39: Not To Toot My Own Horn
Chapter 40: Jack's POV
Chapter 41: Mash Potato
Chapter 42: Mothers Know Best
Chapter 43: I'm Not Stupid
Chapter 44: Those Cliché Moments
Chapter 45: Humpty Dumpty
Chapter 46: Pretty Girls
Chapter 47: I Understand
Chapter 48: This Was Going To Be Brilliant!
Chapter 49: Finally Becoming A Reality
Chapter 50: The Summer Dance And The Case Of The Missing Lipstick
Chapter 51: The Date
Chapter 52: No Strippers
Chapter 53: I Missed You
Chapter 54: The Wedding
Epilogue
Extra #1
Extra #2
Extra #3
Extra #4
Extra #5
Important A/N on Deciding! Sorry Not An Update
Extra #6
Officially The End
⭐️Some News!!⭐️

Chapter 34: Confessions

43 5 1
By GalaxyDefender1201

"Tom?" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

"Jess?" He asks.

"What... what is this?" I whimpered. The redhead giggled and stood up, completely naked.

"You must be the girlfriend" she smirked. "At least I keep him entertained" and then she grabbed her clothes and walked into his en suite.

"She's right" Tom said, at this point he'd pulled on his boxers and had strutted over to me.

I raised an eyebrow, trying to hold back the tears.

"At least she kept me entertained. Unlike you" he smirked.

He's been cheating on me? How could I be so stupid?!

But then I realised. The signs had been showing for ages.

I remember once, we went out for a meal in a nice pub and he walked up to the bar and started flirting with a young girl next to him. At the time I just thought he was being polite, so as to not hurt her feelings. But I guess I was wrong.

I remember another time we were at a park and a group of female joggers, jogged passed and he stares after them. I just thought he was admiring their will power to exercise. God how could I be so gullible?

"How long?" I whimpered.

"I dunno. Cece when did this start?" He shouted to her.

Poking her head around the door, she answered. "It all started that night she almost got raped didn't it?" She said it so innocently it hurt.

Then it clicked. He said he'd been at "friends" that night. He was obviously with her.

"Then I didn't see her until your birthday, that was a good night. Jack found out as well" Tom nodded with a smile.

My heart stopped. Jack knew all this time?

"We're done" I said and then I turned around and left the house and heard them laughing behind me.

I refused to cry in front of him, to show him how much his words and his actions hurt me. But as soon as I was out of his house, I broke down in heavy sobs. I tried my best to keep it in so I didn't look like a complete nut-case walking down the street but I couldn't help it. I made my way to Jacks house and stood on his doorstep for a few minutes.

Eventually I rang the door bell, tears cascading down my face with vicious black blobs of mascara trailing behind.

When Jack opened the door I flung myself at him, throwing my arms around his wait and burying my head into his chest. He didn't hesitate to wrap me up in his embrace either. I needed to confront him, but not just yet. I would make him hurt.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I moved my face away partially. I sniffled and he tucked the hair covering my face behind my ears.

"It's T-Tom" I choked.

"What happened?"

"He ch-ch-cheated on me" I sobbed and I felt him stiffen. I looked up at him and saw his whole body tense. "What's wrong?" This time I asked.

"Nothing" his jaw clenched.

"Are you sure? Because from what I've heard... you knew. You knew all this fucking time didn't you?" I shouted. I looked into his eyes and he looked like he was at war with himself

"Jess..." He whispered, guilt plaguing his face but mostly his eyes.

"You knew? You knew didn't you? And don't even bother lying, because I know you did" I spat. I backed away. "You knew didn't you?"

Silence.

"Answer me!" I screamed, with angry and sad tears forming in my eyes.

"Jess-" he tried to step closer again but I stepped backwards.

"Don't come near me" I hissed. "How dare you?"

His eyes filled with regret but I didn't care, I was furious.

"How fucking dare you? You are supposed to my friend, heck even best friends!" I yelled, tears now falling again; even more though this time.

"Jess I'm-"

"Don't say it" I growled.

"Hey what's going on out here?" Beth said as she emerged from the living room with Danny. "Jess? What's wrong?" I glared at Jack.

"You gonna tell her or should I?" I spat. He looked at the floor sheepishly. "Fine, Toms been cheating on me for months" they both gasped. "And Jack here knew about it, but didn't think it would be a good fucking idea to tell me about it!" I screamed.

"Oh girl come here, I'm so sorry" Beth said, shooting me a look of sympathy and Jack a glare. She wrapped me up in her arms and held me. I felt a hand in my back and Danny gave me a small smile, which I returned.

"Jess let me explain" Jack whispered hoarsely.

"No, never speak to me again" I said, turning round to leave but I stopped and turned back around. "But answer me this, why did you keep it from me?"

He hesitated, looking at the floor, he eventually looked up. "He blackmailed me"

"Bullshit!" I hissed.

"He did and-"

"Why would he do that?"

"Because I fucking love you Jess!" He yelled. "And he knew it and used it against me" we gasped, Beth, Danny and I.

He stepped closer to me. "Say something"

"Keep away from me" I whispered and felt the tears fall. Then I turned around and walked out of the house. Leaving him behind...

~•••••••••••••••••••••••~

Jack's POV~

"What the hell man? Why would you keep that from her?" Danny said, disgust written all over his face.

"I... I don't know" I shook my head. "Tom, blackmailed me. He said that if I told her, he'd say I was making it up and that she would never be friends with me again. I figured they wouldn't last much longer and what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. I just... I just can't loose her Danny. But I fucked up and I think I just did" I slumped down the wall and rested my elbows on my knees, holding my head in my hands.

I felt a presence next to me and I looked up and saw Danny. It was only then I realised I'd began to cry. Danny chuckled at that.

"Listen Jack, I'm not saying I agree with what you did, but I understand why you did it"

There was a long silent pause between the two of us. Beth had left and followed Jess, but not before giving me a good slap to the face.

"How long?" Danny asked. I looked up from my lap and looked at him quizzically. "How long have you loved her?"

"I don't know. Probably all my life, I just never realised up until a few months ago. I've always liked her I think, but after Christmas Day, I felt different towards her. Gosh I love her so freaking much" I laughed.

It was true. After Christmas Day, everything made sense. The jealousy, the constant need to protect her was all because of one thing. Her. I didn't just like her.

I love her.

I love Jess.

Danny snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hang on what happened Christmas Day?"

"Oh yeah, we uh... kissed"

"What? Why the hell didn't you tell me?"

"We both agreed we shouldn't tell anyone" I nodded to myself.

"Oh, was it good?" He asked smirking.

I shook my head chuckling. "Yeah... it was"

"I always thought she'd be a good kisser" I punched him playfully. "Sorry, I'm just joking. But what are you gonna do to get her back?"

"I don't know. I doubt she'll want me anyway"

"Are you kidding? I always thought something would happen between you two. You've always been so protective over her, and you always cared about her so much"

"Yeah but so did you" I replied.

"Naa mate. Not as much as you. You could tell there was always something there. The both of you were just the only ones who didn't see it"

"Well that's besides the point. Even if she did like me, I doubt she does now. Sounds like she hates my fucking guts. Who am I kidding? I do too"

"Never mind man. She'll come around. I'm sure she will"...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 534 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...
624K 17.7K 44
"You know...I thought I was just being a good friend by telling you. But no...I just wanted you for myself right? I didn't care about your feelings?"...
43.1K 480 31
Jamie Miller is an average trouble maker at school, a liar, and she's the kind of girl that gets the guys but she don't want them. Not snobby, just h...
Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

241K 9.6K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...