How To Act Gay [LiLo]

By lilacdreams-

Louis Tomlinson is a struggling, out of job actor who finally lands a possibly career changing role-- playing... More

How To Act Gay
[1] The Goddamn Role.
[2] The Character.
[3] The Audition.
[4] The Not-Gay Actor.
[5] The Awkwardness.
[6] The Threesome.
[7] The Crush.
[8] The Confusion.
[9] The Secret.
[10] The Progress.
[12] The Visit.
[13] The Day Off.
[14] The Question.
[15] The Interview.
[16] The Social Media.

[11] The First Day.

8.8K 551 283
By lilacdreams-

In this chapter, Liam and Louis are dressed like they were in the MM video ;)

LOUIS' POV

Soon enough, the dreaded two hour mark rolled around. And an hour before that, I'd been called in for a few more screen tests just to be sure. Wow, these guys were thorough.

I was praying that I still had some lucky juice in me left, and thankfully my prayers were answered. The screen test had went by smoothly, and I almost fainted from shock when I realised that the crew had been clapping for me and Liam.

I was still half numb, just going through the motions, still stuck in the intial level of disbelief that I was actually present and working on the set of a famoud TV show and wasn't a stowaway who had snuck in to observe the magic, like I'm guilty of doing in the past. I was actually proud of myself right now. Oh and of course, so grateful for my two best friends.

Zayn, because he had persuaded me to audition and when we were in high school, he had been the one to slap me whenever I brought up the idea of changing my major from Drama to something else.

I was a lucky bitch because stage acting wasn't that much different from on-screen acting. At least I bloody hoped so.

And speaking of my best friends, Harry after clearing everything up and sharing warm words and friendly handshakes with Will Baker and the likes, had wished me luck and went on his merry way, also dragging away a reluctant Zayn with him.

I wanted them to stay, but Harry wanted to leave because he didn't want them distracting me on my first day.

What did I tell you? Aren't they the perfect idiots?

Soon after Zayn and Harry had left, the screen tests had begun which I miraculously passed, and then I was dressed and fitted and made into a painted whore. See what I did there?

And now it was time to shoot the very first official scenes of where my character makes an entrance, and I was shitting myself, shifting in my assigned actor's seat (it freaking had my name printed at the back! I just--) and flipping through my script, revising the current scene.

I adjusted the collar of my character's fur collared denim jacket, and I was glad to find out that me and Logan Whitlock shared a matching fashion sense, and all the stylist had to do was made me wear this jean jacket over my tee shirt and skinny jeans.

"Hey. All set?" I looked up from my script, smiling at Niall.

"Yeah I'm good."

"Best of luck yeah? Will seems ruthless sometimes, but he's just a gruff teddy bear. And I can see you're shitting bricks," Niall said in amusement. "Relax mate! You were a natural from what I saw in those pre tests or whatever!"

I chuckled. "Thanks Niall. And I'll keep that in mind. And hey? Just curious," I said. "Are you Liam's manager?"

"I guess so. But I don't manage the major stuff like his upcoming roles and stuff. Just his meetings and schedule. 'Sides, I'm retiring soon. Got a new job," Niall said enthusiastically, and I nodded.

"Congrats mate! So you're like his secretary. So are you and Liam..?" I teased, and Niall barked a laugh.

"Nah. He's like my brother. Why do you wanna know eh?" Niall narrowed his eyes playfully. "Already crushing on the co-star?" He tutted.

"Sod off!" I chuckled, and Niall just shrugged with an eyebrow wiggle. Ugh. Him and Zayn will get along so well.

"Oh and I stole your number from... somewhere and I shall text you whether you like it or not!" Niall laughed, and okay, he was so adorable. Annoying, but adorable.

"Okay, sure," I nodded in amusement.

"Leave the poor guy alone Niel," Liam came up from behind, grabbing Niall in a headlock. The boy freed himself, slapping Liam upside the head as he walked away. And wow, their work relationship was just like mine and Harry's.

"You guys remind me of me and Harry," I quipped, and Liam raised an eyebrow, while I took in his all black outfit. That leather jacket suited him well. Ugh. If only I could pull off leather. I think Liam is the only person who looks almost as good in leather as Zayn does.

"Oh right! Harry your best friend. And Zayn the other one," he nodded, chuckling to himself as he took a seat on the chair beside me.

I closed my script. "I think Zayn had an effect on you eh? Well that's Zayn for you," I shrugged, and so did Liam.

"What can I say? How can I forget my biggest fan?"

"Oh. If only Zayn heard you saying that!" I slapped my knee.

"Oh, thank you," I gushed, helping the girl carrying a tray of coffee towards us. She was shaking before but she almost collaped when I reached out to her, safely taking the tray from her hands.

"You okay?" I asked her, and she breathed heavily, smiling at me with a dazed smile.

"I love you so much," she murmured dreamily, and I blinked.

"Oh uh w-wow. You're a fan. Okay. Of me," I nodded, and she kept staring at me with a spaced out smile, nodding at my words as she took the tray back, offering me a styrofoam coffee cup.

I accepted it with a smile. "Thank you--"

"H-henley."

"Henley. Can I get a picture with you, love?" I asked, and Henley almost dropped her tray again.

"With m-me?"

"Yeah. With my first ever fan!" I said, quickly snapping a selfie with her. She quickly set the tray down somewhere and disappeared, and I returned to my seat with a smile, Liam's albiet was wider.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes playfully.

Liam shook his head, still smiling. "Nothing, nothing. You fan there was so star struck, she forgot to give me my coffee," Liam laughed, and I just smirked with a shrug.

"Now we were talking about your best friend Zayn yeah?" Liam recalled.

"Uh-huh. And he will die and reaurrect if he hears that Liam Payne actually brought him up in a conversation."

"Oh, I wouldn't want the poor guy dead," Liam pouted, and I laughed hard at his expression.

"He's already close to dying everyday just from your shirtless pictures. They are everywhere in our apartment," I shook my head in awe.

"So you stare at my shirtless pictures all day? Flattering," Liam smirked.

"Oi!" I smacked the laughing lad with my script, smiling myself. "We're not supposed to be in character yet, Damien," I quipped.

And as if on que, the final bell rung, and Will yelled, "Places!"

------

"So we're shooting a forwarded scene today, a few days after Damian and Logan have met," Will explained

"Okay Louis!" Will called. Well, at least he got my name right this time.

"You will enter through that door, and then you know the rest. Don't forget to check the place markers," he instructed, and I gulped, nodding from behind the fake door even though he couldn't see me.

A man wearing earphones flitted onto the scene with a black and white clapboard, holding it in front of the camera. "Rush season four. Episode four, scene 15, start," he said, then snapped the device.

"And action!" Will bellowed.

I pushed open the door, busy in sifting through my mail. I looked up, dropping the envelopes and placing a hand on my heart.

"The hell, dude!" I yelled, glaring at Damien who smugly sat on Logan's couch.

"Well seeing as we connected so much the last time, I decided I'd give you a pleasant suprise today," he smirked, lounging on the couch and patting the space next to him, as I stared in disbelief.

"You don't know when to stop do you?" I huffed, crossing my arms. "Leave or I'm calling the damn cops!" I threatened, now standing in front of the couch and almost nose to nose with Liam-- uh, Damien.

"You won't do that sweetheart. Because I know you're already getting used to me," he said smugly.

"What even are you? Mental?"

He just laughed.

I scoffed, pulling him up by the arm and leading him to the door. "Manhandling me. So sexy," he teased and I just rolled my eyes.

"You're so full of it! Take no for an answer, mate!" I spat, pushing him onto my porch. He smirked, leaning against the threshold.

"I can make you full of me me--"

"Lame. And gross. I can see the front you put up buddy," I leaned closer. "And it's not gonna get you anywhere with me," I sassed, noting his surprised expression as I slammed the door shut in his face, banging my forehead against the wood in agitation.

"And cut! Great! Brilliant!" Will commended, and I blinked, the spell being broken. And it truly felt like I had been under a spell. I had felt so natural, so at home around the set, almost feeling as if me and Liam weren't playing characters. I literally wanted to deck him. And okay, the last part was freaky but the overall feeling was amazing.

We shot a few more scenes after that, me enjoying every single one more than the other. We messed up a few times, forgetting lines, but mostly when me and Liam had to glare at each other seriously and one of us would laugh which led to us hysterically laughing.

I felt myself beaming brightly as we wrapped up today's shooting after six hours filled with many breaks. I hadn't even realised the time! Wow. Either I was a high numb nut, or I really enjoyed my job.

I glanced towards Liam as everyone was packing up, who shot me a thumbs up, making my smile widen if possible.

-------

"And it was so so amazing like it all felt so natural gosh!" I babbled, waving my arms around, and Liam being the nice guy he is, listened or at least pretended to.

"Yeah, and I'm glad you feel comfortable already. All that worrying for nothing," Liam nudged my shoulder with his, and I smiled shyly.

"Hey. It's safe to say that you're one of the coolest co-stars I've worked with," Liam gave me a sideways smile.

I almost sputtered. "Me? Why on earth?"

Liam shrugged. "Dunno. You're just cool." I laughed.

"I guess we'll shoot a few scenes in Canada like last year," Liam randomly said as we both walked towards our cars together, and my eyes widened as I stopped him.

"Holy shit. Liam. Canada! Is it the same studio where Supernatural is shot?" I asked, my voice barely leveled. Liam looked up from his phone with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah all the studios are located close," he nodded. "I'm friends with J squared and Misha too. Might introduce you to them," Liam said non-chalantly, flicking through his phone with a smirk, and I finally realised how Zayn must be feeling when he realised he'd be meeting Liam.

"Don't shit me! I'd die ohmygod!" I almost squealed and Liam shook his head.

"Promise, Louis."

I pointed a finger at him. "Better keep your word, Payne."

I kicked at a pebble, my hands in the pockets of the jacket they let me keep.

"Y'know, you're really nothing like what I expected. And don't ask what I expected."

Liam smirked. "Likewise."

We reached our cars, once again parked next to each other, (and poor Zayn and Harry took the bus home. Well Zayn must have enjoyed the ride) and the situation brought on a sense of deja vu of my audition day when I'd made Liam sign Zayn's pink diary. We both shared a knowing smile.

"Well, see you on Sunday?" I asked, umlocking my car.

"Yep. Have a good one. God knows I'm gonna have an eventful weekend," Liam shook his head.

"Really? How come?" I asked, poking my head out.

Liam smiled to himself, shaking his head. "I'm meeting somebody tomorrow."

I smirked. Somebody? Ooh. "Oh well. Good luck for that. See you Liam!"

Liam smiled, still lost in his thoughts ad he started up his car. "Sure! And thanks Louis!"

------

Lots of LiLo bonding happened, dww!

Louis is a lucky bish! I wanna meet J squared and Misha :((((

We all know who Liam is meeting tomorrow :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258 22 9
Harry gets kicked out of home for being gay and moves in with a whirlwind of people. He's faced with living with a bully Zayn, mischievous Niall and...
71.2K 3.9K 16
Harry needs a green card and Louis, his best friend since One Direction, immediately offers to marry him. The boys head to Vegas. When they wake up t...
14.4K 253 12
Louis Tomlinson is finally a senior. He has been crushing on Liam Payne for a long time now, but has no idea that Liam feels the same way. Will they...
70K 2.3K 42
Sex. Nothing more nothing less. ©Copyright 2015 Smiley_Miley_