Straight To My Head || Harry...

By coco1522ox

Originally I was just going to do one oneshot. But I have so many ideas, I'm going to turn it into a collecti... More

After The War.
Not Strong Enough.
I Loved Her First. Pt 1.
I Loved Her First. Pt 2.
The Next Generation.
Time To Talk.
Just A Dream.
The Birth Of A Potter.
Lily.
Secret Love.
A/N
Ten Years Later. Pt 1.
Ten Years Later (pt 2)
Harry's Birthday.
Angel With A Shotgun
Playing With Fire. Pt 1
Playing With Fire, Pt 2.
Soul Mates Pt. 1
Soul Mates Pt 2.
Determined To Live.
The Reunion - Pt. 1
The Reunion - Pt. 2
Listen To Your Heart.
Because I Love You.
Graduation.
Love Will Find A Way.
Love Will Find A Way. Pt 2.
Love Will Find A Way Pt 3.

The Wedding.

161 8 0
By coco1522ox

Summary: It's Harry and Ginny's wedding day! Everything has been planned down to the last detail. Everyone is prepared for the wedding of the century. Harry cannot wait to marry the love of his life. However, when he comes face to face with an unexpected guest, Harry and Ginny's big day is suddenly at risk of being ruined.

*Kind of a Hinny wedding version of 'The Reunion*

~~~~

This was it. The day he'd been anxiously waiting for for so long. The day they'd been planning for over a year. Every painstaking detail, every late night, every disagreement, every last-minute purchase. All of it was worth it. For today, on this warm summer day, Harry Potter finally married the love of his life. The other half of his heart and soul. The beautiful, adventurous, brave, kind-hearted, brilliant woman that'd stolen his heart and brightened his life with her fiery passion. An amazing young witch by the name of Ginny Weasley.

Not only was Harry marrying the woman he loved, but he was also marrying into an incredible family. A family who had accepted him, taken him in, and loved and cared for him as if he'd been there from day one. A family that shared all they had to give with him. A family that made him feel welcome. The Weasley family was the family that Harry had always wanted. The family he'd been denied growing up. Harry couldn't find the words to express how grateful he was to the Weasley's for their generosity over the years, but he hoped they knew just how important they were to him.

As luck would have it, Harry found the perfect opportunity to express his feelings that morning. He'd just straightened his tie when there was a knock on the door. Crossing the room, Harry pulled the bedroom door open to see none other than Mrs Weasley standing on the other side.

"Well, look at you." Mrs Weasley sniffled, smiling proudly at him. Unshed tears glistened in her eyes.

"Mrs Weasley, is something wrong?" Harry asked nervously.

"No, dear. Nothing's wrong." Mrs Weasley shook her head. "I just thought I'd come and see how you were doing."

"Oh. Come in." Harry smiled, standing aside to allow Mrs Weasley inside.

She walked into the room, and Harry closed the door behind her.

"I'd have thought you'd be upstairs with Ginny." Harry smiled.

"I've just come down. She's almost ready." Mrs Weasley said. "She's looking absolutely radiant."

"I'd expect nothing less from her." Harry nodded. "She always looks beautiful."

Mrs. Weasley flashed him a fond smile. "And you look very handsome, Harry."

"Thank you." Harry smiled, feeling his cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

Mrs. Weasley watched him for a moment, a wistful sort of smile on her face. Harry could see the emotion building in her gaze.

"Mrs Weasley, are you alright?"

"I'm absolutely fine, dear. I'm just so proud of you. Of both of you."

A smile tugged at Harry's lips. "We couldn't have done it without your help."

"I'm not talking about the wedding, Harry." Mrs Weasley shook her head. "I meant I'm proud of the man you've grown into."

"I didn't mean the wedding either, Mrs Weasley." Harry smiled. He took a step closer to her, taking her hand in his. "I don't think I've ever thanked you for everything you've done for me. Not properly."

"There's no need for that." Mrs Weasley said, placing her other hand on top of his.

"Yes, there is." Harry said seriously. "You've been nothing but kind and supportive of me since the day I met you on the platform at King's Cross. I know, without a doubt, that I wouldn't be standing here today if it weren't for you and Mr Weasley choosing to make me a part of your family all those years ago. I know no one will ever replace my parents, but you two come incredibly close."

"Oh, Harry." Mrs Weasley sobbed. She pulled Harry into a bone crushing hug. "You're right. No one can replace Lily and James. But, I hope you know you're just as much our son as the others."

"I do." Harry nodded against her shoulder. "Thank you. For everything."

"You're welcome, dear." Mrs Weasley said softly. She pulled away and straightened her back, standing tall. "Come now, enough of this crying nonsense. We've got a wedding to throw."

Harry grinned and nodded his head. "Let's get this show on the road."

***

The large garden was bustling with strangely dressed men, women, and children. A large white marquis was erected in the large, neatly trimmed paddock. She had to double take when she realised the marquis appeared to be floating in midair. No ropes or poles were attached to the white canvas. The sight made her shrink back a little. This was way out of her usual comfort zone. The other guests around her chatted and laughed animatedly, obviously all familiar with each other. However, she couldn't see a single person she recognised, besides her son beside her. She almost couldn't believe all these people had gathered for Harry's wedding. She wasn't even aware of what Harry's new bride looked like. The only reason she knew her name was thanks to the large red and gold sign at the entrance.

'Welcome to the wedding of Mr Harry James Potter and Miss Ginevra Molly Weasley.'

She shuffled closer to her son as more people walked towards the marquis, eager to find a seat before the ceremony started. They stood at the back, blending in with the crowd and hiding from sight. And then, she saw him. No longer was Harry a scrawny, skinny little boy. No. Now, he was a man. A man with a tall, muscular frame, scars, and a smile she'd never seen before. The tiny, defenceless infant that had been dropped on her doorstep was gone. Instead, he was a man who'd clearly been through a lot.

"Look, Mum, there's Harry." Dudley whispered.

"I see." Petunia nodded.

"I can't believe he knows so many people." Dudley said, glancing around the crowded marquis.

But Petunia couldn't take her eyes off her nephew. He stood at the alter, his hands in his trouser pockets, chatting to a man with bright red hair. Petunia recognised him from the times she'd collected Harry from King's Cross after he'd been at that magic school. Rob or something. The one with the large family of redheads who all dressed weirdly. Three more redheaded men stood behind them, joining in the chatter and laughter. Harry didn't look awkward in the slightest. In fact, he looked incredibly comfortable amongst these men.

The music for the brides entrance started, and the marquis fell silent. Those that were seated stood up, all turning to the entrance with wide grins and misty eyes. Petunia watched eagerly as a slender woman with vibrant red hair entered. She was beautiful. Her dress hugged her figure perfectly, showing off her curves. A bright smile accompanied the sprinkling of freckles on her face, and her hair flowed freely down her back. Petunia was reminded of her sister, Lily. It seemed the Potter's had a type.

Her gaze flicked to her nephew, observing the bright smile and the love in his eyes as he watched his bride walk towards him. He looked like the happiest man on earth, but Petunia felt a heaviness in her heart.

***

His heart was beating so fast that he was sure it would give out at any second. Never in his life had Harry seen anything quite as beautiful as the woman about to become his wife. Her beauty was enough to steal the breath from his lungs. The closer she got to him, the bigger Harry's grin stretched across his face. Arthur Weasley walked beside her, looking like the proudest father there was. As they reached the front, Mr Weasley took Ginny's hand and placed it in Harry's.

"You take care of her, son." Mr Weasley smiled.

"I will." Harry nodded.

Mr Weasley shook his hand before stepping back and joining Mrs. Weasley on the front row. The Weasley matriarch patted her eyes with a handkerchief, sniffling with a bright smile. Harry and Ginny turned to face each other.

"You look amazing, Ginny." Harry whispered.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Harry." Ginny giggled.

Kingsley Shacklebolt stepped forward, clearing his throat. "Welcome, one and all, to this glorious occasion. I am pleased to welcome you all the union of this lovely young couple, Harry and Ginny."

Harry squeezed Ginny's hand, causing her smile to widen. He winked at her before they turned their attention back to the Minister.

"Today, we unite these two people in matrimony. Two people bonded in love and passion, destined to conquer life as a unit. I have had the pleasure of knowing this lovely couple for over a decade, I am honoured to be the one officiating their wedding. Now, for the part you've all been waiting for. Harry, your vows."

Harry took a deep breath and turned to Ginny. He took both of her hands in his. "Ginny. It's no secret that I didn't have the best life growing up. In fact, I was so sure I'd live the rest of my life alone. But standing here today, you've proved me wrong. From the moment I met you, you've been proving me wrong. I thought I was going to lose you in the chamber of secrets your first year of Hogwarts. You proved me wrong. I thought my life would never get better when I lost Sirius. You proved me wrong. I thought I didn't deserve you when we dated before we lost Dumbledore. You proved me wrong. And, when I thought I couldn't defeat Voldemort, you refused to believe it, and guess what? You proved me wrong. And do you know what? I have never ever been so pleased or proud to be proven wrong. You have shown me what love looks like. You've shown me what true, genuine happiness feels like. I will never be able to repay you for the life you've given me. But I promise you, I will spend every day of the rest of my life trying to give you the life you deserve. I love you, Ginny Weasley, more than you will ever know."

A tear slid down Ginny's cheek as Harry slid the ring onto her finger.

"Ginny, whenever you're ready." Kingsley smiled, gesturing for her to give her own vows.

Ginny sniffled and nodded her head. "Harry. As you know, I spent my childhood idolising you. At just six years old, I declared to my family that I would marry you one day. I think most girls shared the dream of marrying Harry Potter, the boy who lived. So, imagine my absolute horror to find you sitting at my kitchen table just days before my first day of Hogwarts. I made an absolute fool of myself, but you were always so kind and patient with me. You never once made me feel like a silly little girl. And as we got older, my crush on you only got stronger. And, I have to add in how grateful I am for Hermione's advice during my fifth year, because once I stopped acting like a love struck idiot, you started to see me for the real me. You became one of the greatest friends I could ask for. The day you told me you loved me, I thought I was dreaming. I couldn't believe it. But, you proved it every day. Even when we broke up for that horrible year, you proved that you loved me. You put my safety first, even if it meant hurting yourself. And that's just one of the reasons I love you. You are the most caring, selfless, strongest man I have ever known. And I promise to spend the rest of my life proving to you how much I love you and how grateful I am that you came into my life. I love you, Harry, more than you will ever know."

Harry's cheeks were hurting from the grin that stretched his lips. He wasn't sure it was possible to love Ginny any more than he did. But, her vows had upped that love just a little bit more.

"Harry, Ginny, you have shared your vows before your friends and family. Now, I ask you this to seal your marriage officially and legally. Harry James Potter, do you take Ginevra Molly Weasley to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and cherish, in sickness and in health, until death parts you from this life?"

"I do." Harry nodded with a grin.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley, do you take Harry James Potter to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and cherish, in sickness and in health, until death parts you from this life?"

"I do." Ginny beamed.

"Then all that's left is for me to pronounce you husband and wife. Harry, you may kiss your bride." Kingsley said with a proud smile.

The marquis erupted into loud cheers as Harry placed a hand on Ginny's cheek and planted a firm kiss against her lips. The noise was almost ear shattering, but Harry couldn't hear a thing as he melted into the kiss he shared with his new wife. When they finally parted, Ginny looked up at him with a wide smile and so much love shining in her eyes that Harry's heart skipped a beat.

"I love you so much." Ginny whispered.

"I love you too, Mrs Potter." Harry grinned before kissing her again.

***

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mr and Mrs Potter!"

Once again, the marquis filled with cheers and applause as Harry and Ginny walked inside. The rows of chairs had been removed to make way for the tables and the dancefloor.  To the left of the tent was a huge table filled with all kinds of delicious looking food. Next to the food table was a table filled with glasses of champagne and other adult beverages. Next to that was a smaller table filled with soft drinks for children and those who didn't want to drink alcohol. On the right-hand side of the tent was the DJ booth, who magically amplified the music filling the space.

Their colour scheme for the wedding was red and gold, the same colours as their Hogwarts house, Gryffindor. Harry and Ginny felt like it was the perfect way to honour their school since that was where their relationship had started. Ginny's bouquet was red roses with gold leaves wrapped in white lace and tied with gold string. Harry had opted for a muggle style suit, which was black, but he'd worn a red tie. The inside of the marquis was decorated with red and gold banners and decorations. It looked elegant and sophisticated while offering a sense of nostalgia to Harry and Ginny.

As they mingled with their guests, Harry removed his suit jacket, leaving him in just a white shirt, which he'd rolled the sleeves up to his elbows, and his suit trousers and dress shoes. Ginny had removed her long veil but still wore her strapless, figure hugging dress, which was an ivory colour with lace detailing and had tiny gold detailing stitched into the material. Harry could hardly take his eyes off her.

"Congratulations, little sis!" Charlie Weasley grinned as he pulled Ginny into a tight hug.

"Thanks, Charlie." Ginny laughed.

"She's your problem now, Harry. Good luck." Charlie winked, shaking Harry's hand.

Harry slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her body flush against his. "That's fine by me."

"Welcome to the family, Harry." Bill said, shaking his hand next.

"What are you talking about, Bill? Harry was already a part of the family." George grinned.

"Yeah, now it's just legally official." Ron smirked.

"Thanks, guys." Harry said with a bashful smile. He felt his cheeks heating up.

"Now we just need Ron and Hermione to hurry up and get married, and then we get Hermione, too." Ginny grinned.

"Soon." Ron winked.

Harry already knew that Ron was planning to propose to Hermione in the next few weeks. He'd been planning it for months, with the help of Harry. None of the others were aware, though, so Harry kept quiet. He'd tell Ginny in private later on.

More friends and family members approached them, congratulating them and sharing their appraisal of how the wedding had turned out. Even Ginny's great aunt Muriel had given her reluctant nod of approval. But Harry didn't care about anyone's approval. He didn't care about anyone's opinion apart from Ginny's. The smile on her face told Harry that she was happy, which was enough for him.

After almost an hour of mingling, Harry decided to slip away from the crowd. As much as he appreciated the love from his friends and family, he still found it overwhelming being the centre of attention. So, he left Ginny to dance with her brothers and headed to the drinks table to pour himself a firewhiskey. Unfortunately, his peace was interrupted before he'd even swallowed his first sip.

"Harry?" An unfamiliar timid voice said behind him.

Harry spun around, prepared to receive another round of congratulations. Instead, his smile dropped, and his eyes widened as his gaze fell upon his aunt and cousin.

"Petunia? Dudley? I didn't think you'd come." Harry said.

"I wasn't sure whether to or not." Petunia said. "I wasn't sure if you'd want me here."

"I invited you, didn't I?" Harry shrugged. "Well, I invited Dudley."

Petunia winced, but for once, Harry didn't feel guilty. One thing living with the Weasley's had taught him was that he didn't owe the Dursley's anything. Not after the way they'd treated him.

"Well, I just wanted to say congratulations." Petunia nodded. "Everything looks lovely, and your new bride is beautiful."

"Yes, she is." Harry nodded. "Thank you."

Petunia reached into her handbag and pulled out a white envelope. She held it out to Harry. "Just a little something from me and Dudley."

Harry took the card. "Thanks."

Petunia looked around awkwardly before looking back at her nephew. "It seems you've really made a life for yourself here."

"Mhm." Harry nodded. "It wasn't easy, but I did."

"For what it's worth, I am sorry, Harry." Petunia sighed. "I know it probably doesn't mean anything to you now, but I regret the way I treated you. This world, your world, your mother's world, has always terrified me."

Harry nodded his head in understanding.

"I know it doesn't excuse the way we raised you." Petunia shook her head.

"No, it doesn't." Harry said.

Petunia startled, her eyes widening a fraction. She cleared her throat. "Anyway, I just wanted to wish you well."

Harry nodded his head. "Thanks, but to be honest, I don't need your apologies or your well wishes."

"You don't?" Petunia raised a brow.

"There you are!" Ginny exclaimed, suddenly appearing beside Harry. She eyed Petunia. "You look familiar."

"Ginny, this is my aunt Petunia, and of course, you know Dudley." Harry said.

Ginny's eyes narrowed. "And you're here to what? Ruin Harry's wedding? Give some speech about how you think he's not good enough or how you think he's just a waste of space?"

Petunia's jaw dropped, and Harry had to fight back the smirk that was pushing its way onto his face. Merlin, how he loved this woman. His beautiful, fearless, outspoken wife. She never failed to amaze him.

"I.. Of course not." Petunia stuttered, shaking her head. "Harry invited us."

"Well, I invited Dudley." Harry corrected. "Which you knew about."

He was right, Ginny did know about it. Dudley was the only one to remain in contact with Harry all these years. They didn't speak regularly, maybe two or three times a year, but Dudley always took it upon himself to ask how Harry was. They'd even met up in muggle London a few times, which Ginny would always join.

"Of course. Hello, Dudley." Ginny smiled politely.

"Hello." Dudley waved. "Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"I.. I wasn't aware you'd already met." Petunia said, glancing between her son and Ginny.

"Yes, we have. Because Dudley makes an effort to stay in touch with Harry, hence why he was invited to our wedding." Ginny said firmly. "You on the other hand.."

"I'm sorry." Petunia lowered her head.

"Why did you come, Petunia?" Harry asked. "You've always made it perfectly clear that you don't care about me. You said yourself that this world scares you. So why come to a magical wedding? The magical wedding of someone you don't care about."

"I came because I've been wanting to apologise to you for a long time, I just didn't know how." Petunia said.

"Well, like I said. I don't want your apologies." Harry shook his head. "I put that chapter of my life to rest a long time ago."

Ginny pushed onto her toes and kissed his cheek. "Harry has a family that loves and cares about him. He's not your concern anymore."

"But.. Lily.."

"Would be ashamed of you." Harry said sharply. "Her own sister neglected and bullied her son for being different. You treated me like a slave, a nuisance. I wasn't accepted, I was tolerated because you had no choice. Dumbledore scared you into taking me in."

"I'm sorry." Petunia bowed her head.

"It's too late for that." Harry shook his head. "I'm not a little kid anymore. In fact, I never was. I was forced to grow up to cater to your needs. Then, I was forced to grow up to defeat the most dangerous evil wizard the world has ever known. My whole life, I've had someone else tell me what to do, how to be. But not anymore. I've taken control of my life. I can finally make my own choices, and I choose to live my life with this incredible woman and her family. I choose the friends and the family that actually love and respect me. So, you're right. Your words mean nothing to me now."

Petunia nodded her head. "I understand."

Before Harry could say another word, Ron appeared beside him. "Harry, it's time for the speeches."

Keeping his eyes on Petunia, Harry nodded. "I'll be right there."

"Okay." Ron said before disappearing in the crowd again.

"If you'll excuse us." Harry said, slipping an arm around Ginny. "Help yourself to food and drink."

Petunia merely nodded before Harry escorted Ginny back to their table. As they reached their seats, Ginny placed a hand on his face, turning his gaze to look at her. She kissed his cheek.

"I'm so proud of you." She whispered.

Harry returned her comment with a small smile. He didn't have the words to express his feelings right now. It felt like a weight had lifted off his chest. A part of him did feel bad for his outburst at Petunia, but for the most part, he felt free. The burdens of his past were finally gone. Now, he was free to focus on his future.

***

If there was one thing Petunia had come to realise today, it was that Harry's new family certainly knew how to throw a celebration. The wedding reception had been going on for hours and showed no sign whatsoever of slowing down any time soon. Even the children present were still bouncing around, filled with energy. Petunia glanced at her watch, wondering if 10.27pm was an appropriate time to say goodbye and leave. She'd stayed for the speeches, the cutting of the cake, the first dance, and the wild fireworks display. The dance floor was still bustling with guests, twirling and moving to the booming music. It made Petunia wonder if any nearby neighbours could hear the racket they were making.

Dudley sat beside her, his eyes wandering around the room. Petunia noticed his face light up with a smile as he watched a young woman spin around the dance floor with a slim, blonde woman. In fact, she had noticed Dudley staring at this particular woman most of the night.

"Dudley, please stop staring. It's rude." Petunia said firmly.

Dudley quickly averted his gaze. "I'm sorry, but she's very pretty."

"Yes, she is. But she's also one of them." Petunia lowered her voice and leant closer to her son. "You'll never fit into each others worlds."

"Harry did." Dudley argued. "He was raised in our world and he fits in fine."

"I didn't always."

Petunia looked up sharply to find Harry himself standing over them. She swallowed hard and sat up straight as Harry lowered himself into the seat on Dudley's other side.

"Harry." Petunia whispered. "I didn't mean any offence."

"I know." Harry nodded. "Believe it or not, I understand your views."

"You do?" Dudley looked at his cousin with curiosity.

Harry nodded his head and pointed to a tall, dark skinned man standing on the other side of the dancefloor. "See that man there? That's Dean. He's married to a muggle. Someone like you." Next, he pointed to another man standing by the champagne tower. "And him, Seamus, his father is a muggle, and his mother is a witch. So, while I understand why you'd think Dudley wouldn't fit into our world, you're wrong."

"But would she fit into our world?" Petunia asked hesitantly. She wasn't quite sure why she was even asking. Would she be able to accept her son being in a relationship with someone Petunia once would have called a freak?

"Who?" Harry furrowed his brows in confusion.

"The girl with dark hair chatting to your blonde friend." Dudley said, dipping his head forward in the girls' direction.

Harry glanced over his shoulder before turning back with a chuckle. "The blonde is my sister-in-law, Fleur. And the girl chatting with her, that's Megan. She's a great girl."

"And, she's a.. a witch?" Petunia asked cautiously. For some reason, it still felt like such a foreign word to say.

"Yes, she is. A very talented one, too." Harry nodded. "She was in Ginny's year at school. But she also grew up in a muggle village. So she's quite accustomed to hiding her magic when needed."

Dudley cleared his throat and shuffled in his seat. "Is she single?"

"I believe so." Harry nodded with a knowing smile. "You should go and talk to her."

"Oh, I don't know." Dudley shook his head, looking down at his hands.

Part of Petunia wanted to encourage her son. To tell him that he should be brave and go for it. But another part of her was still too terrified to delve into this world much further. Before either her or Harry could say anything, though, Harry's new bride, Ginny, walked past the table. Harry's hand shot out, stopping her so she stood beside him instead.

"Everything okay?" Ginny asked, eyeing them all suspiciously.

"Everything's fine." Harry smiled. "Can you do me a favour?"

"Okay?" Ginny nodded.

"Go and tell Megan to come over here and ask Dudley to dance. He's been watching her all night but he's too shy to go and say hello." Harry smirked.

Ginny's eyes widened as she looked down at Dudley with a wide grin. "Really? You should go and say hi, Dudley. She's lovely."

"It's okay. She seems busy." Dudley dismissed her.

But Ginny wasn't taking no for an answer. She shook her head and grabbed Dudley's hand, pulling him out of his chair. "Come on, I'll introduce you."

Petunia watched nervously as Dudley was practically dragged across the room towards Megan. Harry chuckled to himself before turning his attention back to his aunt.

"You don't need to be scared of magic, Aunt Petunia. Not anymore." Harry said gently.

His sudden change in attitude made Petunia nervous. For someone who didn't accept her apology, he was being awfully kind to her.

"Can I ask you a question?" Petunia asked, fiddling with her white handkerchief.

"Sure."

"What did you mean when you said you didn't always fit in?"

Harry sighed and leant his forearms against the table. "You remember the night that large man, Hagrid, came and took me? From the shack?"

Petunia nodded her head. She'd never forget that night. It had terrified her to her core.

"I arrived in the wizarding world a few hours after that, and almost every single person I came into contact with knew my name. They spoke to me like they'd known me for years. Like I was something to be celebrated. All because an evil wizard murdered my parents and I survived." Harry said, shaking his head. He almost sounded disgusted. "From that day on, I was treated differently. Even at the age of eleven, I was seen as some kind of celebrity. And the older I got, the worse it got."

"How so?" Petunia whispered, suddenly very intrigued.

"A few months before Voldemort killed my parents, he heard a prophecy about me. One that told him one of us would be the end of the other. So, he made it his mission to become the strongest, most powerful dark wizard the world had known, and kill me."

Petunia gasped, her eyes widening.

"I won't bore you with the details, but when Voldemort rose to power again, I made a lot of enemies. I was branded a liar, an attention seeker, some even called me evil and claimed I was on his side." He let out a humourless chuckle. "Believe it or not, some of the people in this room didn't believe me either. My own friends turned against me. But, then when people realised he had really returned, everyone started to expect things from me. They stopped calling me a liar and branded me as some kind of hero instead."

"That's good, though, isn't it?" Petunia furrowed her brows.

"I didn't think so." Harry shook his head. "I was seventeen and destined to defeat a man three times more powerful than me."

"But you did. You defeated him, didn't you? You killed the man that killed Lily?"

"I did." Harry nodded. "But I had a lot of help. And a lot of people died trying to help me. My Godson was just eleven days old when his parents were killed in a war that destroyed Hogwarts."

Petunia gasped. "You have a Godson?"

"I do." Harry smiled fondly. He pointed to a young boy with blue hair who looked to be about eight. He ran around with a blonde girl who looked to be a similar age. "That's Teddy. He's such a great kid."

"His hair is blue." Petunia stared at the boy.

"He can change his appearance magically." Harry smiled. "His hair colour depends on his mood. He got the trait from his mother."

Petunia watched the boy run around and laugh with his companion. It was something she'd noticed about all the young ones here tonight. They all seemed to always be laughing. Even the adults seemed to be tremendously happy.

"Harry, I know we've been over this." Petunia sighed. "But I really am sorry. My fear was no excuse for the way I used to treat you. But I'm.. I'm pleased you've found this family."

Harry nodded his head. "They've been through a lot. But they're wonderful people."

"Ginny seems like quite the woman. She's obviously very protective of you." Petunia said, glancing over at Ginny, who was dancing with another tall redhead.

"She is." Harry chuckled. "She's one of the strongest women I've ever known. She's got one hell of a temper, but she loves so fiercely."

"Seems you Potter men have a type." Petunia smiled. "Lily was always so kind, but she was incredibly protective over the people she cared about."

Harry smiled and nodded his head. "Like father like son, I guess."

Petunia nodded her head in agreement. The two of them fell into silence for a moment, both simply watching the chaos unfold around them. Finally, Petunia broke the silence.

"Thank you, Harry, for taking the time to speak to me. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome." Harry nodded his head once. "I'm glad we had this chat."

"Me too."

"Maybe, if you're up for it, Ginny and I could meet you and Dudley for a coffee one day?" Harry suggested.

Petunia nodded her head. "I'd like that. I think we'll be seeing more of each other judging my the way Dudley is smiling at your friend."

They both turned in the direction of Dudley, who was standing close to Megan, talking and smiling animatedly. It was the happiest Petunia had seen her son in such a long time. Perhaps Harry was right. Perhaps she didn't have to be scared of this world anymore. Perhaps these people weren't freaks, or dangerous, or something to be feared. Perhaps they were just.. different.

Harry stood from his seat, smiling. "See? We're not all bad. Sometimes what we thought was terrifying, is actually something brilliant in disguise."

Petunia nodded her head, letting his words sink in.

Harry tapped his fingertips against the table and cast her one last smile. "Enjoy the rest of your night, Aunt Petunia."

"You too." Petunia said softly.

She watched as her nephew walked away, approaching his wife with a wide grin and a firm kiss to her temple. Ginny responded by placing a gentle hand on his cheek and pressing a kiss to his lips. They appeared to be a wonderfully happy couple. Harry was definitely no longer a timid boy. He was a man. But that's not what surprised Petunia the most. What surprised her most, was the warm feeling that settled in her chest as she watched Harry and Ginny smile at each other with a love Petunia had never seen before.

***

Six Months Later.

A frosty chill whipped through the air as Harry led his wife through the streets of muggle London. With her hand grasped tightly in his, Harry escorted Ginny towards a local café, where they were due to meet up with Petunia and Dudley. To say Harry was surprised to recieve the invitation for coffee was an understatement. Still, he agreed to a get together. Petunia still wasn't quite ready to brave the magical world, so Harry and Ginny agreed to meet them in the same café they'd met Dudley in when they visited previously.

The bell above the door rang as Harry pushed it open and guided Ginny inside. He placed a hand on her lower back and escorted her over to a table in the back corner, where Petunia and Dudley were already waiting for them.

"Sorry we're late." Ginny said, shrugging off her coat.

"Not to worry, we just sat down." Petunia smiled.

Ginny sat down in the vacant seat opposite Petunia. Harry placed his hands on her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. "Peppermint tea?"

"Yes, please." Ginny smiled up at him.

Harry nodded and made his way to the counter to order their drinks. When he returned, he sat beside Ginny just as Dudley started talking about his last date with Megan.

"It went great." Dudley grinned. "She showed me some really cool magic stuff."

"Yeah?" Harry grinned. "That's great."

"Has she shown you her butterfly charm?" Ginny asked.

"Is that the one where she turns a leaf into a butterfly?" Dudley said.

"That's the one." Ginny nodded. "It was one of the first charms she ever perfected. Took me weeks to get it right."

"It's incredible. Even Mum liked that one." Dudley grinned.

Harry's brows shot up in surprise. "You've seen her do magic?"

"I've seen a few tricks, yes." Petunia nodded. "I'm still processing a lot of it, but I was impressed with the butterflies."

"Remind me to get Hermione to show you her bird charm one day." Harry grinned.

Ginny started to laugh. "Ron still hates that one. I think he's scared of it."

"It's not as scary as your Bat-Bogey hex." Harry rolled his eyes.

"What's that?" Dudley asked excitedly.

"It's disgusting and bloody horrible." Harry chuckled. "It's basically a giant bogey that sticks to your face and flaps around like bat wings."

"Wicked!" Dudley exclaimed.

"Try recieving one. Then tell me if it's wicked." Harry shook his head.

A waiter arrived with his and Ginny's drinks, setting them down on the table before leaving them to continue their conversation.

"So, what's new with you guys?" Petunia asked. "How's married life?"

"It's great." Ginny grinned. "And there's been quite a few things happen recently."

"Oh?" Petunia raised a curious brow.

"Yeah, Harry got promoted to Head Auror last month." Ginny said, giving Harry a proud smile.

When Petunia and Dudley looked confused, Harry chuckled. "It's our version of police. We capture evil wizards, act as security when needed, that kind of thing."

"Ah, I see." Petunia nodded. "Well, congratulations."

"Thanks." Harry smiled.

"What about you, Ginny? Still playing.. what was it called again?" Dudley furrowed his brows.

"Quidditch." Ginny chuckled. "And yes, I'm still playing. The season is over until next year, but I will be taking the year off."

"How come?" Dudley furrowed his brows.

Ginny turned to Harry with a wide grin. Harry nodded in understanding and grinned at his Aunt and cousin. "It's against the rules to play while pregnant."

"Oh." Dudley nodded. "Wait! You're pregnant?"

Ginny burst out laughing and nodded her head. "Three months to be precise."

"Wow! Congratulations." Dudley exclaimed. "That's amazing."

"Thank you." Ginny smiled.

"I'm so pleased for you both." Petunia said, folding her hands together. "Such wonderful news."

"I can't believe Harry is going to be a dad." Dudley chuckled. "Sometimes I still see you as the scrawny kid I grew up with."

Harry chuckled and nodded his head. Ever since the wedding, he'd been able to put his past behind him. Talking about his childhood was no longer a painful experience. Despite his declaration to Petunia, Harry had forgiven her for his upbringing, and the two of them were attempting to form some kind of relationship. It wasn't perfect, and Harry wouldn't go as far as to say they were close now, but they were civil. They kept in contact, and Harry was able to have a conversation with his aunt without any grudges or resentment. Something he'd never expected to happen.

***

Later that night, Harry climbed into bed beside his wife. Ginny sat up, resting her back against the headboard, smiling softly at Harry as he settled himself.

"What are you smiling at?" Harry grinned.

"You."

"Why?" Harry chuckled.

"Because you're amazing, and I'm so proud of you." Ginny said running her fingertips along his jaw.

"Not sure I've done anything worthy of your pride, but alright." Harry smirked.

"Are you kidding? Just look at this afternoon. We spent almost three hours with your aunt and cousin. The same aunt and cousin that you once hated."

Harry let his head rest against the wall and hummed in agreement. "Mad, isn't it?"

"I'll say." Ginny snorted a laugh. "But I'm pleased you were able to move on. And I'm excited to see how Dudley and Megan's relationship progresses."

"Me too." Harry smiled. "He seems to really care about her."

"Who knows, maybe we'll be attending their wedding next?" Ginny grinned.

"I can just picture Aunt Marge's face when that happens." Harry chuckled.

"How do you think she'll react to seeing you with a wife and a baby?"

"Oh, she's never meeting your or our child." Harry said seriously. "I can forgive Petunia, but no child of mine will ever be tortured with the company of Marge Dursely."

Ginny tilted her head to the side and placed her hand on his cheek, her thumb running gently across his cheekbone. She smiled lovingly at him. "You're going to be such an incredible father, Harry."

"You think?"

"I know." Ginny nodded. "The baby isn't even here yet and you're showing just how protective you are."

Harry placed a hand on her stomach. He could feel the small curve of her slowly growing bump, making him smile. "I can't wait."

"Me either." Ginny whispered, placing her hand over his. She pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Harry smiled. "More than you will ever know."

*End.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 6.3K 24
Some drarry one shots. Most will probably be fluff but there may be some smut but I'll tell you before in case you'd rather skip that stuff. If you...
98.6K 2K 31
A collection of oneshots to portray the l o v e between Draco and Harry :) I hope you all enjoy! In this collection we have some ~angsty~ and FLUFFY...
71K 1.1K 24
Some wizarding world imagines/one-shots ! Super open to requests ☺️
14.7K 181 12
Just a bunch of Drarry Oneshots! Don't be afraid to comment or DM a request! Hope you enjoy reading :) DracoMalfoy x HarryPotter