The Next Generation.

Summary - Ginny is rushed to St Mungos after mysteriously passing out during Quidditch practice. When Harry discovers why, will he be happy or not?

Trigger warning - mentions of abortion.

****

Harry's robes swirled around him as he raced down the corridor towards his office. He was late again. Despite being head of the auror department, he knew Robbards would have his head if he realised Harry was almost an hour late.

He pushed open the door to his office, a stack of files tucked under his arm and let out a deep breath. Footsteps behind him made Harry tense as he braced himself for the brutal scolding he was sure he was about to receive.

"Late again, Potter."

Harry turned around and released his breath again as he saw Ron walk into his office.

"Thank Merlin its only you. I thought I was dead meat for a second there." Harry sighed as he dropped into his chair behind his desk.

"Honestly, I thought the old fool had retired, why does he still come in every day, barking orders like he's still in charge?" Ron scoffed, sitting in the chair that was placed on the other side of Harry's desk.

"He's still our boss Ron." Harry chuckled.

"No, you're our boss, he's your boss." Ron smirked, lifting his feet and plopping them onto Harry's desk.

"Still, at least he's not here." Harry shook his head.

"Why are you so late anyway?" Ron asked.

"Busy morning." Harry waggled his eyebrows and Ron pulled a face of disgust.

"That's gross." Ron shuddered.

"How I spend my mornings with my wife, is my business." Harry smirked.

"And she's still my little sister mate, don't forget." Ron pointed. "I don't want to imagine sweet, innocent, little Ginny being defiled in such ways."

"Trust me, she was not innocent this morning..."

"Harry!" Ron groaned, clamping his hands over his ears, causing Harry to laugh.

"Sorry." Harry chuckled.

"All I'm saying is, you can still do your business and get to work on time." Ron said. "I do."

"Okay, I've learnt my lesson! No more private stories." Harry held his hand up.

"At least Hermione isn't your sister!" Ron exclaimed.

"She's as good as." Harry shot back. "Anyway, I've got work to do, get out."

"New case arrived this morning." Ron turned serious. He dropped his feet to the floor and sat up straighter.

"Fantastic." Harry said sarcastically.

Ron pulled out a folder and placed it on top of the pile on Harry's desk.

"See ya at lunch." Ron said as he walked out Harry's office.

Harry leant back in his chair and sighed, he looked over his desk at the mound of paperwork and files he had to sort through. It was certainly going to be a long day.

****

Later that evening, Harry pushed the front door of his home open. He was exhausted. He'd spent the morning doing paperwork, until he'd received an emergency call resorting in Harry leading a team of his best aurors to a crime scene.