Ten Years Later (pt 2)

Harry glanced at the door to the hall again. Ginny had left almost forty minutes ago, meaning either Adam was truly lost or they'd taken a little detour on their way back. The second thought made Harry's insides clench. Ron was speaking to him but Harry couldn't concentrate. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. Something wasn't right. Perhaps he was being over cautious, being an Auror did that to you. But Harry couldn't shake the feeling.

His heart began to race when he saw Adam stumble past the doors, clutching his jaw. There was still no sign of Ginny though and Harry's mind went into overdrive.

"I'll be right back." Harry cut Ron off mid sentence and walked away.

He followed Ben outside and watched as he approached Ginny. She stood with her back to him, looking out over Hogsmeade. Adam started talking and Harry listened to the conversation.

"Ginny, babe, don't be like this!" Adam said, reaching out to Ginny.

Ginny slapped his hand away and took a step back. "Don't touch me!"

Harry took a step forward.

"Come on, it was a mistake!" Adam said, taking another step, but Ginny stepped back again.

"Sorry, I didn't realise going to the bathroom could cause you to accidently do some blonde up against the cleaning supplies!" Ginny yelled.

Harry clenched his fists and his jaw went rigid. Adam cheated on Ginny! At a memorial honouring her brother no less! Harry struggled to control the rage building inside him.

"Well maybe if you gave me a little more attention I wouldn't have to keep going elsewhere!" Adam snapped his mouth shut quickly as he realised what he'd said.

"Keep going elsewhere?" Ginny raged. "Well you can go elsewhere and bloody stay there!"

*

Ginny was fuming. She couldn't even see straight she was that angry. The strangest thing of all, she wasn't hurt by Adam's actions. She was angry that he'd taken advantage of her and betrayed her. But she wasn't hurt.

Adam continued to sprout out excuses and apologies but Ginny hardly heard them. Her senses were clouded by her raging anger. A deep voice penetrated her rage and her head whipped round.

"What's going on?" Harry said in voice so deep it made Ginny's insides clench.

"None of your business, Potter!" Adam spat.

"Ginny doesn't scream and shout for no reason. What did you do?" Harry said. His voice was still low and steady.

"How would you know? You hardly know her!" Adam laughed.

Ginny looked between the two men. Adam was still clenching his jaw, he shuffled on the spot and swung his arm around to point at Ginny. Harry on the other hand stood statue still, his eyes piercing Adam with a death glare.

"On the contrary, I know Ginny very well. I dare say I know her much better than you do." Harry said.

Adam snorted a laugh. "That's a joke. In the year we've dated, I've never seen you. She's never mentioned you."

"Perhaps not. But that doesn't mean I haven't known her for seventeen years. Ginny was an important part of my life before she even knew you existed." Harry said calmly.

Ginny looked up at him sharply, but he was still looking at Adam. His rigid posture sent chills down her spine. She couldn't tell if it was from the cold or from the intense feeling she got from watching Harry, but she shivered. Harry's eyes flicked to her before bouncing back to Adam.