Time To Talk.

Summary: The battle is over and the war is won. Now Harry must face his friends after his time in the forbidden forest with Voldemort. After all, a certain redheaded witch with a wicked temper is waiting for an explanation.

****

Harry turned slowly to face his two best friends. After all they'd been through together, Harry knew in his heart there were no other people he would stand on the crumbling, battle worn bridge with. After throwing the remains of the elder wand over the edge into the canyon below, Harry felt a momentary weight lift from his chest. However that weight was soon replaced when his male best friend spoke.

"Harry, you do realise you're going to have to explain what happened in the forest to everyone right?" Ron Weasley said suddenly, earning himself an elbow in his ribs from his girlfriend and Harry's other best friend.

"Ronald! I don't think now is the time!" Hermione scolded.

Harry looked up at Ron. "No he's right. I owe them all an explanation."

"Harry you don't owe anyone anything. Not anymore." Hermione said gently, taking a step towards him.

Harry shook his head and looked out into the distance.

"I do. I owe them all an apology. They deserve to know why I did it." Harry sighed.

He knew the entire Weasley family at least deserved an explanation. One Weasley in particular stood out to him. The one who's screams of desperation and helplessness at the sight of his limp body rang through his ears and stung deep in his chest. If he listened carefully enough, he could still hear the screams and cries of Ginny Weasley pleading for Harry to wake up.

The sound was almost enough to make Harry jump up and reassure her he was fine. But he knew he couldn't. Not if he wanted to win.

"I suppose there's no time like the present." Harry shrugged.

Taking a deep breath, Harry joined his friends and together they slowly walked back towards the castle. Harry walked with a slight limp, Ron looked as though he may pass out at any moment and Hermione wore the pain and sadness on her face as she stared ahead.

Crowds came into view and slowly the students started to spot the trio. A quiet applause began through the crowd until almost every person was cheering and clapping at Harry.

Harry smiled and nodded his head as politely as he could manage but continued on through the crowd. Finally they spotted the Weasleys. They were crowded around the lifeless body of Fred Weasley. Not a single Weasley had a dry eye. George was almost inconsolable as he clung to his twin. Percy, Bill and Charlie stood together, staring blankly and sniffling quietly. Molly and Arthur sat beside Fred, Molly stroking his hair and whispering to her son.

Then Harry saw her. Eyes red rimmed and swollen. She stood behind her mother, looking lost.

Charlie was the first to spot Harry, Ron and Hermione. He wasted no time in rushing towards them and gathering his youngest brother into a tight hug. Arthur stood and beckoned Ron over. It was then that Ron allowed himself to grieve the loss of his brother. He clung to George as their mother held them both.

Harry and Hermione stood together, Hermione's arm wrapped around Harry's. Although they were not apart of the family by blood, they still felt the loss of Fred as deeply as if they were.

Harry's eyes met Ginny's and he froze. Hidden deep below the surface of her eyes, behind the grief and the sadness, Harry saw the anger. He knew without a doubt that anger was for him. He had caused that anger.

Molly broke the intense stare between the two by pulling Harry into a tight hug. Harry could feel Molly's gentle sobs as she held him.

"You had me so worried." Mrs Weasley said through tears as she pulled away. "Don't scare me like that again young man!"