I Loved Her First. Pt 1.

Summary - Before Harry left to hunt down the remaining Horcruxes, he reluctantly ended his relationship with Ginny. He told her to move on and find someone else, someone who could give her the love and attention she deserved. Now the war is over and, a month later, Harry returns to the Burrow. He can't wait to see his "family" and a certain redhead in particular. However his glorious return is foiled when he finds Ginny wrapped in the arms of another man. (This may be split into two chapters)

Fred lives!!

(photo cover from blvnk-art on tumblr)

****

The Burrow. Loud, homely and chaotic. The three main words Harry Potter would use to describe the wonky house. Harry had considered the Burrow to be his home, aside from Hogwarts. So it only felt natural he should return there now that his destiny had been fulfilled. Voldemort was dead and the wizarding world could finally breathe again. The sun was beginning to set, causing the sky to turn various shades of dusky pink and purple. The weather was still fairly warm, although a cool chill swept across him in the breeze.

He could already hear the commotion and yelling from the garden gate, where he had apparated. But he could only smile. It was familiar to him, and right now, Harry needed to feel something familiar. More specifically, he wanted to feel the familiar warmth that came with holding a certain redheaded witch in his arms. He could almost imagine it as he walked down the stone path, closer and closer to his destination.

He noticed the door was already open ajar. He knocked once before pushing the door open slowly. Harry barely had time to register his thoughts as he was forced into a tight hug from a short woman with wild, curly, red hair.

"Oh Harry my dear, I'm so pleased you came." Molly Weasley mumbled into his shoulder as she squeezed him.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world, Mrs Weasley." Harry replied softly, squeezing her just as tightly.

The Weasley's had decided to throw a party, to celebrate the downfall of Voldemort and honour those who had fallen to him. As soon as the war had ended, Harry had fled to Grimmauld Place. He needed time to digest what had really happened, he needed space to clear his head and a moment to grieve the losses. Being the overly concerned mother she was, Molly had expressed her concerns about Harry living alone at the age of seventeen. So, Arthur had suggested Harry move in with them, and they would throw a party to celebrate. Of course Harry had no idea this was the real reason for the party.

"Please Harry, call me Molly." Molly told him with a motherly smile.

Harry nodded and smiled back, no words were needed. He was soon pulled further into the kitchen where he was greeted by the glorious bright faces of more Weasley relatives.

"There's our hero!" George Weasley cheered.

Harry didn't think he'd ever get used to hearing that. He certainly didn't feel like a hero.

"Knew you couldn't stay away from us for too long." Fred winked, continuing from his twin.

"I don't think it's us he had trouble staying away from Freddie." George nudged Fred's arm with his elbow.

"You idiots." Hermione Granger rolled her eyes. Harry hadn't even realised she was there.

He wasted no time in embracing his female best friend into a tight hug. Hermione had become the sister he never had, but had always wanted. She became more than just his friend, Hermione was his family.

"How are you?" Hermione asked as they pulled apart.

"I'm.. I'm okay." Harry nodded. "I'm good. You?"

"Never better." Hermione grinned. Harry flashed her a knowing smile.

Straight To My Head || Harry&Ginny Oneshot Collectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें