The Reunion - Pt. 2

Harry swallowed hard around the lump in his throat. He opened his mouth to answer, but Ginny beat him to it.

"We're sitting where we've been told to sit. If you have a problem, take it up with the bride and groom." Ginny said, ushering Albus into an empty seat.

Ginny sat down beside Albus and Lily sat on her other side. Harry lowered himself into a chair between Lily and James. His palms started to sweat so Harry did the one thing he always did when he felt anxious, he looked over at his wife. Ginny flashed him an encouraging smile and discreetly nodded her head. Harry cleared his throat and looked across the table at Aunt Marge. 

"Hello Marge, how have you been?" Harry asked politely. 

Marge scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I was fine until I realised I've obviously been seated wrong." 

"What makes you think you've been seated wrong?" Harry asked, trying his hardest to hide the annoyance in his voice. 

"Well, my Duddykins would never seat me with such riffraff! There's obviously been some sort of mistake." Marge said, turning her nose up at Harry and his family. 

"Excuse me." Ginny said defensively. "I would appreciate if you kept your nasty comments to yourself." 

"And just who do you think you are?" Marge glared at Ginny. 

Harry placed a hand on Ginny's shoulder. "This is my wife, Ginny and these are our children." 

Melody suddenly looked at Harry with wide eyes. 

"You're Harry aren't you? Dudley's cousin?" Melody said. 

"I'm surprised you remember me." Harry nodded with a shy smile. 

"Of course we remember you." Melody smiled. "In fact, we were just talking about you the other day!" 

"You were?" Harry raised a brow. 

"Yes, we found an old photo album from our primary school days and there was a photo of you and some others at Jason's eighth birthday party." Melody nodded. 

"I remember that." Harry smiled fondly. 

It was one of the only parties his Aunt and Uncle had permitted him to attend. Harry remembered it very well, it was one of the best afternoons of his life. He'd played games, ate party food and for the first time in a long time, Harry had felt like a normal kid. 

"So are you two a couple now?" Harry asked. 

"We are, I guess you could call us highschool sweethearts." Jason grinned. 

"Well I'm happy for you both. I met my wife at school." Harry nodded, gesturing to Ginny. 

"How sweet. Your children are adorable by the way." Melody grinned, clasping her hands together in front of her face. 

"Thank you." Ginny smiled. 

Their conversation was cut short by Aunt Marge's distasteful scoff. Harry looked across the table at the older woman. 

"So, you found someone to feel sorry enough for you to marry you." Marge rolled her eyes. She leant forward in her seat, leaning closer to Ginny. "Let me tell you something missy, if you'd known him when he was a boy, you'd have stayed well away!" 

"Excuse me?" Ginny exclaimed. 

"Gin, don't." Harry warned her. 

"No Harry, I'm not going to let this vile woman treat you like crap." Ginny shook her head. 

"Well I never!" Marge shrieked. 

"You never what? Never had someone stand up to you and tell you when you're being a bitch?" Ginny raised a brow. Harry stared at his wife in shock. But Ginny wasn't finished there. "I'll have you know that my husband is the kindest, bravest, most caring man I have ever met. There is nothing he wouldn't do for his family. We love him for who he is, not what you think he might be."