Averian University: The Bound...

By IricoDale

Phantom. Mezul Castron grew up always being called by that name. In the Crimson World, it is a term that is b... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet The Prince
Chapter 2: Underground School
Chapter 3: A Part Of Mystic Council
Chapter 4: First Day
Chapter 5: The Duel Between The Pro And The Newbie
Chapter 6: Outside The Battle Field
Chapter 7: Trouble Under The Table
Chapter 8: First Assignment
Chapter 9: Forbidden Gate Of Triad Land
Chapter 10: Missing In Action
Chapter 11: Arriving
Chapter 12: Milky Berries
Chapter 13: Quiseras Rose And The Soul Suckers
Chapter 14: Mystic Market
Chapter 15: Potion Making
Chapter 16: Potion Of Destruction By The Phantom Girl
Chapter 17: Guild Mark And His Present
Chapter 18: The Fight
Chapter 19: Sick
Chapter 20: An Angry Hell Keeper
Chapter 21: An Underwater Tour
Chapter 22: Regret
Chapter 23: Metal Vessels
Chapter 24: Successors
Chapter 25: Gone Beserk
Chapter 26: Illusionist Tribe
Chapter 27: Favor
Chapter 28: With Him
Chapter 29: Missing Heart
Chapter 30: Fire Festival
Chapter 31: Fallen
Chapter 32: Chase
Chapter 33: Inside Hell
Chapter 34: Search For The Prince
Chapter 35: The Real Beginning
Chapter 36: Monster Within
Chapter 37: Exchange
Chapter 38: Freed
Chapter 39: The King's Sin
Chapter 41: Hearing
Chapter 42: Make It Right
Chapter 43: Izea

Chapter 40: The Comeback

186 13 8
By IricoDale

The Comeback
MEZUL

"MY BODY WAS split into two when I was 12 months old. The older version of me was named Del and I remained as the Ulrio you know today..."

The prince held my hand and intertwined our fingers. I am leaning to him as we are both sitting on the couch. Seryoso itong nakatingin sa aming makasalikop na mga kamay.

"I remained as a one year old boy with impressive amount of magueh and a talent for almost everything while Del looked a couple of years older than me. Our difference is I am more powerful than him while he, on the otherhand, has almost all of my emotions. The very reason why he always mocked me for my decisions all these years."

Okay...

That explains then why I always caught them arguing about something, huh?

But why?

What is the true reason why their bodies was split into two?

And why did he create an older version of himself?

"As you already know, my heart is still missing and is stored in a place that I am not allowed to know. I really did not give a damn about it before. I thought, I can live fine on my own. I have everything I needed. Even when incomplete, I am powerful and strong. I am the crown prince and... I have Arliah." This time, prinsipe Ul look at me. "Until you... Forget what I said to you before. You were never late, Mezul."

I looked into his eyes intently. "Ul..."

"It was my fault that I did not wait for you. I should've listen to Del when he told me then that my feelings for Arliah are not real. After all... he possessed almost all of my emotions. Fear, sadness, love... I really don't know them at all. Not until you trespassed the Emperor Palace for bouquet roses though." Tumawa ito at biglang muling nagseryoso. "Seeing you there, looking helpless inside that dark cell... made me doubt my choices in the past..."

Sinakop ng kanyang palad ang aking pisngi na may bahid ng peklat. He uses his thumb to caress my imperfection, looking weak in the eyes.

"The first thought that crossed into my mind when I saw you then was this scar." He leaned his face closer ang planted a soft kiss on it na para bang hindi iyon peklat at sugat pa rin ang nakikita dito. "I thought, "What have I been doing for the passed 19 years for her to get that scar?". After that, I blamed myself multiple times since I was not there to protect you from getting this---"

"You shouldn't blame yourself for my past that you are never part of---"

"Right," Natawa uli ito. "It was weird. Why would I even care about the past of an intruder in the first place? I wondered. And then a realization came into my mind..." This time, the prince started playing with my hair. "This girl is my mate---there's no mistaking it," I then thought. So, I introduced you to everybody, Del met you and from there, he started to bug me twice harder to look for our heart. He cannot stand seeing his face, or himself rather which is also me, pretending to have feelings for Arliah when clearly, I am not capable of harboring feelings yet because he has them."

Wala sa sarili na napangisi ako.

I am worried. But I cannot help it.

Hindi ko naisip na noong sinabi niya sa sasabihin niya sa akin ang lahat ay literal na ikukwento niya lahat.

"It made me jealous, y'know?" He whispered, shy on admitting it.

"Jealous of what?" Patay malisya na tanong ko.

"Jealous of seeing you two together and him capable of expressing his true self with you. He told me that he has feelings for you. Even if he cannot feel the bond."

"Oh..."

Okay... That was really suprising. I don't know what to say.

Should I even say something? And why...

Why do I feel this way?

"Yeah, I'm jealous with my own self. I guess, I cannot help it since Del and I, even when we are the same person we still have differences. He has most of my emotions after all... That's why we sometimes merge bodies---"

"Wait---what? Merge your bodies?" Bahagyang tumaas ang boses ko.

"Yes." He looked away, avoiding me.

"But h-how?" My eyes widened in the thought of them merging bodies. Pilit na hinarap ko ang mukha ng prinsipe upang makita ang reaksyon nito.

Prinsipe Ul, gave me a sluggish smile. He really looks weak and shy. Malayong-malayo sa walang emosyon na laging pakikitungo niya sa akin noon.

"Well, when it's full moon, Del and I can be one. Even without a heart." Nag-iwas uli ito ng tingin. "Furthermore, there are few conditions that we need to meet in order for us to merge bodies."

Conditions? 

If that's the case...

"The conditions are; first, when I release great amount of magueh; second, when I open the Gate of Hell; third, when we are in danger."

I should take note of that.

Kaya pala mandalas na walang emosyon ang mga mata niya kapag nakikita ko siya.

Dahil una sa lahat, ang mga emosyon niya ay na kay Sir Del.

That makes sense.

I knew that Sir Del is really not a soft person but when he's with me, he always show his soft side. He has always been kind to me. Although, I cannot feel the same bond connecting us together the way I feel it with prinsipe Ul, the attraction I have for him gave it away.

I have always like him.

And now... All this time, Ulrio and Del are actually the same person.

Damn. That's really hard to take in, huh?

In addition to that, if prinsipe Ul's explanation are accurate about them merging their bodies, this whole time we are inside the Hell's gate, their bodies are merged together. And prinsipe Ul's capable of feeling emotions?

I bit my finger nail in deep thought.

That's not cheating right? I should not feel this, right?

Shit.

"Isn't it frustrating? Dealing with your mate who has two bodies and different personalities?"

"It is. You are right..." I agreed and chuckled to lighten up the mood. "To be honest with you... I feel like I am cheating..." I immediately grabbed his hand and held it using both of my hands. "But neither the two of you should feel any worries. Like what I've told you a while ago, you are mine. Be that you are that ugly monster, the prince or the headmaster. I like you in every way."

"I feel the same, Mezul." He said in weak tone and hugged me tight. "Believe me, I feel the same... That's why I'll do everything I can to make our relationship feel right. I will never betray you again."

I smiled, falling for his sincerity.

Minutes had passed and prinsipe Ul started to tell me what he knows about the sacrifice that was made years 19 years ago for the Crimson World.

It all started with the King.

The King wishes to end the never ending battle the Crimsons' have with the Illusionist Tribe. His Majesty, together with the Mystic Council searched ways for years to stop it.

And the idea is to sacrifice a pure heart. Not just any heart could do the trick. The blood that flows in the veins of the owner should be noble and pure. At that time, there were only two options for the job... It can be the prince who is only 12 months old or the unborn child of one of the Mystic Council member.

His Majesty and the Mystic Council had limited time not to mention options.

They have to keep the ritual a secret to everybody. Of course---prinsipe Ul being the crown prince was just the second option. But then, the unborn child of the said Mystic Council member died without seeing the world. His Majesty was left with no choice but to sacrifice the young heart of the prince who have met all the criteria for the ritual.

The procedure was easy and it shouldn't be a threat for the prince's life not to have his physical heart as it will still gonna remain connected to his body and continue beat--- only that it will be placed somewhere else and kept into a safe, special storage.

According to prinsipe Ul, the ritual of separating the heart to the body can only be performed by an ancient water sprit called Meredia. The idea was suggested by witch bloods and only the Merpeople can asked the spirit to get it done.

19 years ago, Merpeople are not allied yet with Crimsons. Kaya ang sumunod na nangyari ay nakipagkasundo ang Hari ng mga crimson sa Hari ng mga sirena.

The King of Merpeople wanted an assurance that the two races will not betray each other. Therefore, another condition was made. The barrier that will keep everyone safe by scarifying the prince heart will be performed in exchange of marriage between prinsipe Ul and Arliah.

But of course---the story did not end there.

The ritual was successful and as we already know, the prince is safe and is currently engaged with Arliah. Though, making a sacrifice for a strong barrier was actually only a temporary solution. Everyone who's evolved with the idea 19 years ago thought that a decade will be enough to find a permanent solution.

His Majesty though, failed.

Right from the beginning, the King was bound to fail and as a result, right after the ritual was completed, prinsipe Ul's body was split into two individuals. Prinsipe Ul, remained as a 12-month old kid and sir Del became his older version who looks a few years older than him.

The elders thought that what happened to the prince's body was a self-defense mechanism activated by the ritual.

Little did they know, it happened because prinsipe Ul is bound to be a hell-keeper in the future. And Sir Del... was created by the sin of his Majesty and prinsipe Ul's fear.

Ulrio separated a part of him from his body who is older enough to protect him.

It was cruel...

I cried. I cried to my hearts content and did not stop until I'm unable to shed tears anymore. I was crying in silence as prinsipe Ul narrated his situation with me. The whole thing was draining. The fact that a young kid as him have to be sacrificed for everyone's sake is... insane.

And it made me question things...

Why? For hundreds of years, why does this war cannot be stopped?

Why does these old people can't do anything?

Nang sandaling iyon, pareho kaming nakatulog ng prinsipe ng magkatabi sa kanyang kwarto. Him being comfortable with me while I, tired myself thinking of ways to end all the cause of all these sins put me to into a deep sleep.

The next day, even if we have no way of finding out the real time, Death volunteered to accompany us. Dalawang taon at kahati ang itinagal ko sa loob upang mahanap ang prinsipe ngunit sapat na ang sampung minuto para kami ay makauwi.

How ironic.

Death purposely made me stay here for that long and did not stop Ul from rampaging even if he can just so he can finish his own mission. Still... I am grateful of him. If I did not spend two years and a half inside this hell baka hindi ako sumugal sa relasyon namin ni prinsipe Ul.

"Mezul..." Death called me after the prince exited from the gate. Nilingon ko ito. He has a smile on his face that can melt any girls heart and it's genuine. Until he open that conversation again. "Do not forget what I told you---"

"Yeah! I know... I know..." Ikinumpas ko ang kamay sa mukha nito. "I am not gonna forget, okay? I will complete the deal. Just give me enough time, alright?"

"Fine. But you have to do it soon."

"Right." Tumalikod ako but then I remembered something. "Nga pala," I turned to look back at Death who's waiting. "When I entered Hell, I met a guy somewhere and I was temporarily trapped in a bright room. Hindi ko alam kung guni-guni ko iyon o paniginip lang. Are you familiar to that place?"

Death's brows met. "Trapped in a bright room?" Pag-uulit nito sa sinabi ko nang may hindi makapaniwala na ekspresyon.

"Yeah. He's a lunatic. His body is transparent and whenever he walks, I can hear the sound of chains being dragged on the floor. I cannot see the chains though."

"I see..." Death touched his chin, thinking deeply. "That place is hidden. You can only find it if you are not looking for it."

"Huh?"

"Forget about it. It's just a random prisoner in hell that has a special need. He's no threat at all." Bigla ay nawala ang nag-aalala na tono nito at ipinagtulakan ako palabas.

"Hey---wait!"

"We'll meet again soon! Goodluck!"

And just like that, the Hell's Gate finally closed.

Andami ko pa naman sanang tanong kay Kamatayan. Seems like he's in a hurry that's why he acted strange.

"Shall we?" Prinsipe Ul offered his hand with a smile. Bigla ay nawala ang lahat ng tanong ko sa isip at buong tapang na sumama dito.

It took us a whole day to get back on the Triad Land where the Emperor Palace is located. Sa aming paglalakbay ng prinsipe ay napansin namin ang nakakabinging katahimikan.

I begin to worry again and felt really uncomfortable as we claimed up the Mt. Alilah. Saktong tumunog ang mga kampana ng makabalik kami sa palasyo. Although, I am back to the place I consider as 'home', I cannot put my mind at ease.

Sa entrada palang ng palasyo ay sinalubong na agad kami ng mga knights at inasikaso. Lahat ay hindi makapaniwala sa pagbabalik ng prinsipe at hindi magkamayaw sa pakikiusyoso. Seeing the crowd gave me anxiety and everything just went so fast.

The prince who is just walking next to me got tangled by the higher ups. I tried to find my way back to him but I was overshadowed by his presence. Well, sino ba naman ako?

Ako nga ang nagbalik sa prinsipe sa mundong ito pero hindi iyon mapapantayan ng kahit na ano.

It was fine with me though. I know how happy they are upon seeing him. Pakiramdam siguro nila ay magiging okay na ang lahat ngayon na bumalik na ang tagapagmana ng trono upang iligtas sila. That's okay for me...

Until I saw her.

Since day one, this woman became my living insecurity. From her status, to appearance, and to the man she likes... she has everything.

The woman rushed to prinsipe Ul as soon as she saw him. Her eyes are puffy red and she's tearing up. She embraced the prince and hugged him tight in front of the crowd.

Parang tumigil ang mundo ko.

Eto na. Balik na ako sa realidad.

Yes, I own the prince when we are inside of Hell but things are different in the Crimson World as they are not aware what happened for the passed three days. I have to step back or now.

So, I stopped following the prince and walk on a different path.

Akala ko ay matapang na ako dahil sa mga pinagdaanan ko. I guess, I'm wrong. Prinsipe Ul have always been my strength but I forgot the fact that he's also my weakness.

--
AYEN

HINDI MASUKAT ANG saya na nadaraman ko. Finally... Mezul and Ulrio are back.

Gusto kong salubungin sila gaya ng ginawa ng nakararami ngunit hindi ko magawa. Maybe because I am guilty?

I pushed Mezul to find Ulrio. I said hurtful things to her and became an insensitive friend. Ni hindi nga ako sigurado kung tama pa ba na tawagin ko ang sarili ko na kaibigan niya. Pero kahit ganon, hindi dapat iyon ang iniisip ko. And importante ay nakabalik sila pareho ng ligtas. Which means...

My brother is also back...

I'm sure he will find me as soon as he get the chance. For now, I'll watch them silently.

"Is it just me or Mezul has changed?" Altie suddenly said who's just beside me. Pareho kaming naghihintay ng tyansa upang lapitan ang mga bagong dating.

"It's not just you..." I replied. "I wonder what happened to her for the last three days that she was gone. She looks like a total different person to me."

Which is true.

Nang sandaling itinapak ni Mezul ang paa niya sa loob ng palasyo ay nakaramdam ako ng matinding kaba. Her aura is so dark and powerful that I am so intimidated by it.

Akala ko ay ako lang ang nakapansin.

Ulrio's features matures a bit too. Kamukha na niya talaga si Kuya Del at halata rin ang paglakas nito. Ulrio though is strong by nature with Kuya Del or without. But Mezul... She's like a whole different person in the same body. And that poker face... I don't think I can approach her again.

I... I am afraid.

"Come on... are you not gonna great them?" Si Altie.

"Parang hindi ko pa kaya. Natatakot ako na baka hindi na niya ako gustong maging kaibigan."

Pagak na natawa si Altie at ginulo-gulo ang buhok ko. "Si Mezul lang yan, Ayen. It won't hurt to greet her, okay?"

"Kahit na, no?" Inis sa sagot ko dito at tinignan ang direksyon ni Mezul. Ngunit sa isang iglap ay wala na ito sa kinatatayuan.

"She's gone?"

I roamed my eyes to find her in the crowd. Yet, she's nowhere to be seen.

Dumapo ang paningin ko kay Ul, hoping that she's next to him. But she's not. Instead, it is Arliah who's with Ulrio. And that girl is hugging the prince in front of everybody.

I sighed.

Mezul probably can't stand to see him with that girl that she has to leave.

UGH! Kailangan ko siyang makita! I have to tell her about Arliah and Ulrio. I have to tell her about Kuya Del and Ulrio's secret as well. I mean, that the least thing that I could do for her, right? To appease my mistake and thank her for bringing a family member back?

Yes! That's what I should do!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.4K 59
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
133K 510 38
Smut 18+ ONLY! ⚠️WARNING⚠️ ⚠️CONTAINS MUTURE CONTENT⚠️ ⚠️VERY SEXUAL 18+⚠️ 22 year old Raven Johnson is just going to her yearly doctors appointment...
62.3K 1.9K 41
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...
299K 40.2K 20
လက်တွေ့ဘဝနှင့် နီးစပ်ချင်ယောင်ဆောင်ခြင်း