Rainbows And Sunshine - NOT{U...

By J_enny_xoxo

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" she asks with disgust. "Don't tell me you actually like what you... More

Chapter 1- Excitement And Embarrassment
Chapter 2 - New Friends And Weekend Plans
Chapter 3 - Crushes And Chores
Chapter 4 - Encounters And New Students
UPDATE!!
Chapter 5 - Bad Ideas And Marathons
Chapter 6 - Rejections And New Beginnings
Chapter 7 - Intrigue And Insecurities
Chapter 8 - Bullies And Mantras
Chapter 9 - Wise words And Interviews
Chapter 10 - Accidents And Bump-In's
Chapter 11 - Boredom And Cartoons
Chapter 12 - Arguments And Skipping
Chapter 13 - Chocolates And Bad Voices
Chapter 14 - Reminiscing And Drifting
Chapter 15 - Tests And Standing Up For Ourselves
Chapter 16 - Overthinking And Tears.
Chapter 17 - Rekindling Old Friendships
Chapter 18 - Stress And Putting People In Their Places
Chapter 19 - Debates And Swooning
Chapter 20 - Shopping Sprees And Hugs
Chapter 21 - Parties And Ball Dancing
Chapter 22 - Avoiding And Hangouts.
Chapter 23 - Answers And Confrontations.
Chapter 24 - Lunch Dates And Awkwardness
Chapter 25 - Long talks And Holding Back
Chapter 26 - Step by step
Chapter 27 - Bribes And Set up's
Chapter 28 - Desserts And Charity Cases
Chapter 29 - Meetings And Dummies
Chapter 30 - Speaking Up And Trying To Help
Chapter 31 - Self love And Promises.
Chapter 32 - Lunch And Secret Codes
Chapter 33 - Reconciliations And Friendship
Chapter 34 - Ice Cream And Horror Movies.
Chapter 35 - Peer Pressure And Pain
Chapter 37 - Scratches And Getting Caught.

Chapter 36 - 'Winning' And Interrogations.

9 2 0
By J_enny_xoxo

      The image above was how I imagined the ending of this chapter😂.

.
.
.

        "Are you okay?" Lizzy asks and drags me to a sitting position.

        "I think I got the wind knocked right out of me."

        "How can you joke right now?"

        "You think I'm joking?" I ask incredulously. Just then, Miss Motunrayo rushes to my side and inspects for any injuries I might have sustained.

       "Where does it hurt?" she asks, her forehead creased in worry and I tell her I'm fine. I wasn't at first, I felt lightheaded, but I'm fine now.

        "Oh my gosh, Kemi!" Jasmine exclaims, checking my temperature like I suddenly became ill before turning to the two that pushed me. "Did you two suddenly forget this was supposed to be a friendly match? The principal is watching."

        It's then I look around and remember that almost the whole school is watching. The referee standing a few feet away motions to know if the match can carry on. There's no way I'm playing again.

       "Kemi, will you—" Miss Motunrayo starts. Absolutely not.

       "No, ma. I think I'll sit the rest of the game out," I cut in, rising to my feet and making my way to the canopies. Of course, this happens when I try to play a sport.

       I sit with the rest of the 'patewo' squad members and clap half-heartedly. The referee gives yellow cards to the two girls but that doesn't do much to pacify me. I fell. In front of the whole school. It isn't until we win the match that my lips finally tug in a smug smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "I heard you fell."

       I turn to David so sharply; I think I hear my neck crack. "I was shoved."

      "Alright then," he says with his hands up.

        I turn back to the award ceremony where, surprisingly, my house gets third. It's better than being last. Way better. The red house gets last, blue gets second and, of course, Chichi's house which is green, claims the cup. It doesn't even shock me.

       "Why did you guys have to try this year?" Jacob asks and sits on my right. My mouth drops open. "My house carried last."

       "Eyah. But it's not my fault na. Your house didn't try hard enough."

      "This time last year, you didn't want to even talk about the event. Now that you're not rolling in last place, you're talking about effort," he says laughing.

      "There's something about not losing. Losers won't understand," I retort, and David is quick to laugh. Of course, it doesn't bother him who wins. Blue house will always get second.

      "Blood of—"

      "Well, at least this is the first time we're losing. Your house has been losing even before you came into the school," Jacob interjects. "You guys will still claim last next year, but you won't even be here to give your moral support."

     I scowl and turn to face Joshua directly, but he just bursts out laughing.

     "It's not funny."

      "It is," he says, trying to restrain himself from laughing.

       "You insulted my pride."

        All restraint goes out the window when I say that, and he laughs in my face. I almost crack a smile, but I choose instead to stand up and walk away. I see Chichi and cling to her arm.

        "I told you we'll shock you."

         "I'm shocked," she says, but she doesn't even sound shocked. "Are you good though? That fall was something."

          "I'm fine. I don't even have a headache."

          "Kemi!!" Sophia yells, running towards us from across the field, weaving through the different groups of celebrating students. She stops to catch her breath when she finally gets to us. "He's here."

        "Who?" I ask.

         "Him. Nicholas."

          "But... I don't... why is he here?" Chichi tugs my arm, but I don't turn to look at her.

          "Isn't it obvious?"

          "Why would you invite him today of all days when you know I'm sweaty and not ready?" I say, tugging my hand away from Chichi, who was getting impatiently curious. "How did you even get him in?"

       "I told security that he has a sibling that's playing during the sports," she says like it's no big deal. Where's goody-two- shoes Sophia? Who's this?

          "Hold up. Who's Nicholas and why do we care if he sees us sweaty?" Chichi questions, looking between the both of us. "Somebody better start talking. Right now."

        "It was all Sophia's idea!"

         "Don't put this on me. I did it for you."

         "I didn't ask you to."

         "You're talking like you're not attracted to the guy."

         "What if I am? It's none of your business."

       "Both of you should just shut up. Sophia, start from the beginning," she says and leads us to a nearby canopy to sit down.

       Sophia doesn't need to be hear it twice before she starts animatedly explaining how she had orchestrated the whole thing. On several intervals, Chichi gives me a look, but I avert my gaze.

        "And that brings us to this moment. Isn't it funny and cute? Kemi should be thanking me," Sophia concludes and I hiss.

          "Kemi," Chichi calls.

           "It's not a big deal. Don't make it a big deal," I warn.

          She hits me with her hand and I wince and rub the spot. I give her an 'are you okay' look, but she just keeps hitting me.

         "Can you stop?" I yell, jumping to my feet. "You know how hard your hand is. My arm is turning red already."

         "Why didn't you tell me since?" she asks, getting on her own feet. Sophia doesn't even look our way. Like we're some crazy people she has no business with.

         "I was going to. Right now, it's not that serious."

        "That's not what Soph said."

         "She's exaggerating, " I reply, rolling my eyes.

          "You're attracted to the guy. He's attracted to you. Plain and simple," Sophia butted in.

        "Why did you have to tell her?" I ask.

        "She was eventually going to find out. She needed to know," Sophia replies.

        "I wanted to tell her myself."

         "Just face the music now," she says with a shrug.

        "Why are you people talking on top of my head? Are you guys okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "Where are we going?" I ask and unsuccessfully try to pull my hand out of Chichi's grip.

        "Calm down," she says. She shoves me into the female restroom and asks Sofia to get Jasmine. When Sophia leaves, she checks each stall door to ensure no one's in the restroom with us.

        "I've been looking everywhere for you guys—" Jasmine starts when she gets here.

         "No time for chitchat. Where's her uniform?" Chichi demands.

       "In my bag. What's happening?" she asks confused.

       "Get your bag." 

        "I would also like to know what's happening," I mutter and Chichi shoots me a murderous look. I quickly focus on the pristine white tiles.

      "Shey, when a girl sees a guy, they're meant to dre... look good? Abi, am I wrong?" she asks nervously.

       "Ah ah," Sophia says, nudging her side. "You're not wrong."

         "Here," Jasmine says when she arrives, handing me the uniform.

         "I'll take it from here. It's not your forte," she says to Chichi. "Oya, wear it. Do fast o."

         Once I'm out of the stall, Sophia literally shoves her mascara in my eyes while Jasmine spritz on her perfume. It isn't until I've munched on some strawberry flavoured mints and applied glittery lip gloss that we finally leave the restroom.

       "Who knew Chichi had it in her?" Sophia says with a laugh and hugs Chichi's midriff. "Chioma boo."

        The latter on the other hand looks more uncomfortable than when we forced her to wears heels and apply make up during the Christmas party.

        "Let the girl breathe," I say, pulling the grateful Chichi away from her.

       We walk out of the academic building and towards the visitors lounge where Nick is supposed to be, but he's nowhere to found. I turn to Soph and she shrugs, also confused. He isn't on the field either. We walk to the garden at the back of the academic building to see Nicholas with the guys surrounding him, having what looks like a serious conversation.

        Nick sights me first and breaks into a smile and the guys turn around.

       "What do you think you're doing?" Sophia rushes to Isaac and hits him upside down his head.

       "We're just asking a few questions. Getting to know the guy," Jacob replies.

        "Yeah. Isn't that right, my guy?" Benji asks, clapping him on his back.

         Nicholas laughs and puts his pearly whites on display. I almost swoon.

         "Bobo e fine," Chichi whispers in my ear and I nod my head.

         We move closer, and Nick grabs my hand and pulls me to him. The guys notice and look at one another. Benji gives him a look, but he only laces his fingers through mine without a word.

       "You're meant to stand apart," David snarls.

        "What did you guys tell the guy?" Chichi asks.

       "He can't be touchy in front of us. It doesn't work that way," Benji says.

       "What did they say?" I whisper to Nick but he tells me not to worry about it. That makes me worry more.

        "Benjamin, what did you tell him?" she asks again. They stare each other down until it becomes too intense.

        "Rules and regulations," Isaac says. Cutting through the tension.

       "Have you gone on dates?" Jacob asks me.

        "Where did you go for the date?" David asks almost immediately.

        "Give us a complete rundown. And can someone please tell this guy to maintain personal space," Benji says sounding completely frustrated, and I wish I'm somewhere else. What is this embarrassment?!!

.
.
.
.
.
  E kaale. I'm sorry, you guys 😭😭. I've been choked with a lot of things. No vex.

What do you think of this chapter? I love it. It's still weird because it's been a month since I wrote but it looks amazing, if I do say so myself 😂. And Chichi is so cute in this chapter 🤭.

Please nobody should intimidate or oppress Nicholas! They'll collect 😂😂.

Oya, let me be going🚶🚶. Ciao❤️.

XOXO❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 3.6K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
61.3K 14.8K 66
UNEDITED READ AT YOUR OWN RISK "Listen Nne..." "No you listen to me, I went against my mother's instruction and advice on boys and relationships and...