May Soul Dissonance Bow Befor...

By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Dissonance. Defined as a lack of harmony among or between people or things. It can be reduced by changing ex... More

Author's Note & Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178

Chapter 38

1.1K 55 6
By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

So, to see the Dragon half-blood as the enemy allowed everyone from both timelines to see the true extent of Cale's ability to turn enemies into allies. After all, Cale turning the almost 900-year-old Dragon half-blood into an ally was certainly something everyone could acknowledge as an achievement that no one else besides Cale Henituse could have accomplished. Grigori and Naur continued the recording, so all attention returned to the Palantír.

At that moment, Cale turned away from the dark blue pillar of fire.
"We need to quickly take care of them."

Cale's battle was only just beginning. It was a fight against time from here on. Cale could not stop fighting because of a certain individual. It was someone Rosalyn had heard about but not experienced herself. But Cale had experienced his strength before. Cale called forward someone who had been preparing ever since earlier.
"Mary."

The black robe moved toward Cale. The sky had turned dark as night was approaching, now only being lit up by the dark blue light of the wall of fire. That made Cale's red hair stand out.
"Those things over there."
Mary looked toward where Cale was pointing. He was pointing at the winged individuals that were floating around the pillar of fire looking concerned.

Cale gave the order as soon as she looked toward those winged individuals.
"Get rid of them." Get rid of all of them. "Mary, those wings have skeletons on them as well."
"Ah." Mary let out a gasp.
Rosalyn was also shocked as she looked at Cale. Dead wyverns' bones. A necromancer who can make skeletons move. It was the moment an image was created in Rosalyn's mind. The necromancer underneath the black hood started to smile.
"I understand."

Grigori speaks up at this point, turning to the guests around her.
"The airborne battle continues between the Tigers, Choi Han, the Whales, Rosalyn, and half their mages attacking the Northern Alliance and blocking them from approaching their side, the others of the Breck-Roan alliance temporarily retreat outside of the explosion's range. The Bears side suffer heavy losses, causing Sayeru - the Bear King - to ask the Dragon half-blood to come."

<Chapter 241: I Will... You (6)>
The Bears' bodies suddenly swerved at that moment.
"...Huh?"
The swerving Bear's gaze went toward his wings. One of his wings was tilting. The wing that was scratched by the wyvern's claw. Those scratches started to become dyed black. The mid-level administrator Bear subconsciously looked toward Choi Han when that happened.
The sword master who was standing calmly and balanced started to speak.
"You can't stick dead bones in front of a necromancer."

TCF!Mary nodded firmly, folding her arms, and sitting back with her shoulders squared and oozing an air of confidence and pride. No matter what, she had every right to be proud of herself and how much she had grown, Young Master Cale had taught her that she was not a person who needed to be ashamed or hide, so even here, no, especially here where the Goddess Grigori, had even declared that any unbecoming behaviour toward her would be see as a challenge of the Goddess' authority - TCF!Mary was confident that she did not need to hide from her great achievements or feel ashamed of her power.

Just as she wanted, she had become someone 'unrivalled', she had become someone who surpassed the Sage of Death, the Queen of Death, she had earned the title of the 'Commander of the Dead'. TCF!Mary sat proudly because where the last Queen of Death had failed, she had succeeded.

Reading all these thoughts, Grigori smiled and glanced discreetly toward TBOAH!Mary, wondering how much it would take for TBOAH!Mary to realize these things as well. A possibility flittered through Grigori's mind and she decided to start TBOAH!Mary and TCF!Mary's healing with a private session - to restore the painful memories that TBOAH!Mary still felt took precedence over all these happy and empowering achievements her counterpart of the TCF!World had accomplished.

The metal connecting the different bones of the wings started to break.
"Huh, huh?"
There was a simple reason for it. The bones that were connected by the black threads were starting to move on their own. Those sudden movements made the connecting joints made of metal break apart. In the end, the bones became free from the rest of the wings. Those bones followed the black threads and gathered together. The white bones started to gather on top of the black wyvern as if they were gears fitting together. The wyvern's body started to grow in size.

The audience watched in fascinated awe as Mary secured a stable bone wyvern to compliment and safely fly around with Choi Han. It was awe-inspiring to see, also the sight of the panicking and distressed Bear was invigorating and filled everyone with malicious pleasure.

Another wing was ripped off and the original owner of the wing fell while screaming.
"Damn it!"
The Bear administrator could not believe how Choi Han and the wyvern managed to kill all of his subordinates on their way to him. He had flown until he got to where the Flame Dwarves were gathered together. The frightened Flame Dwarves could be seen taking out their weapons in fear. Although he would normally curse these cowards who could not even run away, he could not do so right now.

The black aura brushed by his side again. He might die. The Bear felt a sense of fear. There were no obstacles in the air. That was why there was nowhere to escape when someone was chasing after you.
'Do I need to go back to the ground?'
However, the king had given an order. He told them to fight. He told them to persist.
'But for how long?'
The Bear's mind was currently chaotic. His tribe members and subordinates were falling into the wall of fire, however, he did not want to fall in there himself.
'Shit, shit!'

He continued to swear. It was at that moment.
- He is heading over.
He heard the king's message. The Bear administrator stopped moving. Choi Han who was following behind the Bear administrator did not wonder why the Bear had suddenly stopped as he swung his sword right away. However, something happened before the black aura could hit the Bear.
"Kahahaha! He's finally here!" The Bear's dirty laugh stuck to Choi Han's ears.

At the same time, Choi Han suddenly got the chills. A sense of danger. In other words, the instincts of a weakling who has met a strong enemy. Choi Han, who realized the identity of this chill, immediately grabbed onto the wyvern's neck and shouted at it.
"Return! We need to return!"
'He's here.' Choi Han had a good idea about who this Bear was respectfully talking about. The wyvern and Choi Han urgently changed directions. They started to fly toward a single direction. Lock, Raon, and Cale. They were flying toward where the weakest members of their group were currently located.

A quiet noise was caught by Choi Han's senses as he cut through the wind in order to head to the ground. It was the sound of a magic spell being cast. He also felt an existence that caused his instincts to tell him that it was dangerous. Choi Han, who had come down to the center of the pillar of fire, looked up. The dark blue wall of fire. Someone appeared on top of that wall. The Dragon half-blood.

The man with white gold hair and a pale expression had a smile on his face as he appeared on the battlefield. Cale started to frown after seeing that the Dragon half-blood had appeared.
"...F**k."

The reason that he needed to quickly end this battle. The reason that they needed to kill as many of the enemies as possible.
- Cale Henituse, is it him?
He could hear Crown Prince Alberu's voice through the video communication device.
"Yes sir, I'm hanging up now."
- What?
Cale ended the call.

TBOAH!Alberu's eyes went wide, he turned his head sharply to look at both Cale Henituse as well as TCF!Alberu, only to find an equally shocked expression upon TBOAH!Choi Han's face on the opposite side. TBOAH!Alberu breathed a sigh of relief as seeing the TBOAH!Choi Han who was on his side was still the same. A glance at TCF!Choi Han, however was enough to shake his conviction.

TCF!Choi Han and TCF!Rosalyn didn't seem at all bothered by Cale's lack of respect for royalty. TCF!Lock mumbled something about them all having no respect for gods either which invoked a laugh and an almost sinister grin from TCF!Choi Han and TCF!Alberu who overheard him. TBOAH!Rosalyn asked her counterpart for an explanation, but TCF!Rosalyn shrugged and pointed to the Palantír.
"You'll probably find out all about it soon."

He then passed the video communication device over to Rosalyn and called out some coordinates.
"Miss Rosalyn, please connect it."
"...Young master Cale, that, that person-"
Rosalyn's expression became serious. As a genius mage, she could feel the strength of the Dragon half-blood better than anybody else.
Why?

"It's been a while."
It was because the Dragon half-blood was not hiding his strength right now. Rosalyn was a human who had watched Eruhaben teach Raon. The unique aura of a Dragon that was revealing its presence, the vibration of the mana could be felt from that person. Her lips started to dry up quickly.

She heard Cale's voice at that moment. It was extremely clear, as if telling her to snap out of it.
"Miss Rosalyn, hurry. It is our lifeline."
Lifeline.
Rosalyn knew exactly who Cale was trying to call. She started to connect the call with shaking hands. Cale was looking at the Dragon half-blood mage that was floating in the air as she did that.

TCF!Eruhaben grimaced, remembering painfully how at that time he'd ignored Cale's call - and now to see the sheer desperate that Cale had been in and how he had tried to ask for help from him. 'Lifeline', how desperate must Cale have been for Cale to call him that.

TCF!Eruhaben felt deep shame and regret at his past actions, even while knowing that he had been in no state back then to answer that call at the time only one thing had been on his mind - Olienne.

The Dragon half-blood seemed to be extremely amused.
"I didn't think you'd prepare such a wall of fire."
He felt the strength of a higher being coming from the dark blue fire. He licked his lips and looked down at Cale. He was originally not planning to come here. Those stupid Flame Dwarves threw a fit about how they would take care of it. However, he had come after receiving an urgent request for help. But he was satisfied after coming here. The wall of fire and a face that he had not seen in a while. A person who was similar to himself. He looked at the person who was similar to him and used amplification magic in order to speak.
"Wow, you know how to make things like this too, little bro?"
Little bro. Those words made Cale start to frown.
'Crazy bastard, when did I ever become your little brother? And why are you saying such a thing so loudly?'

"Human, you are right. Hyung was really crazy back then... pfft!" Raon snickered in amusement. Given the fact that their current situation had the Dragon half-blood treating Cale like he was his guardian/father-figure. Seeing him acting like this was rather amusing to both young Black Dragons.

However, Cale could not respond before slowly starting to move. The Wolf boy, Lock, flinched. It was because he saw Cale coming toward him. It was at that moment.
"...No." The Dragon half-blood mumbled quietly.

The Dragon half-blood's quiet voice could not reach the others without amplification magic. However, Lock could see the Dragon half-blood pointing with his finger. He was pointing at Lock. No, he was pointing at the bundle of blankets in Lock's arm. The young Dragon was still breathing heavily.

Cale did not share Raon's amusement. This was because he knew what was coming, and he didn't want Raon to see this. Hearing it once back then was bad enough. Cale turned his head toward Grigori, but she was distracted by reviewing the next footage that would be put up after this recording ended and therefore did not notice his subtle staring.

"You're not my little bro. You're just a human. That is the Dragon." The Dragon half-blood's eyes started to sparkle. He could feel the strength of the plate inside of that small blanket. The vibrations that he was feeling were what happened when a Dragon was creating its plate. Although he had only felt half of it, he too had felt it before. The Dragon half-blood started to smirk.
"...The first growth phase?" He used amplification magic in order to speak again and his voice echoed throughout the area. However, he was speaking to Cale.
"What a perfect time to kill him, no?"
He really wanted to kill it if it was a real Dragon.

A deafening silence suddenly filled the entire hall, Grigori immediately looked up sharply as if those damning words that had just filled her ears shocked even her. However, everyone else was frozen stiff as Naur ignorantly continued the record.

Half-bloods like him that had useless blood mixed inside always hated the full-bloods. The corners of the Dragon half-blood's lips started to curl up even higher. Lock subconsciously hugged Raon even tighter after seeing that. However, Raon was still unconscious and breathing heavily.
"Lock."
Lock could see someone's back in front of him. It was Cale.
"From this moment, you are to look at my back and only my back, no matter what."
Cale looked toward the Dragon half-blood.

"Goddess Grigori!" Cale's voice was icy with disappointment and disapproval, and the air around him turned frigid with his Dominating  Aura. Grigori immediately shot to her feet and doubled forward into a bow.
"I am sorry." That was all she dared to say. Sherritt, who was clutching the TBOAH!Black Dragon to her chest, had her eyes narrowed.

However a stray thought occurred to TBOAH!Eruhaben, for some odd and strange reason he had this nagging suspicion that the goddess had allowed this painful truth to be shown even while knowing that it would hurt the people of the TCF!World.

Since Cale did not continue reprimanding the Goddess and instead choose to leave the front and center lounger and move over to sit between TCF!Eruhaben and Sherritt among the other Dragons from both worlds, Grigori returned her gaze to the Palantír and waved her hand toward it. Raon silently flew out of Eruhaben's atms to take a seat in Cale's lap, curling up against Cale's chest and quietly watching the record with a studious intensity now.

He could see the Dragon half-blood laughing. Cale looked around. Lock, who was behind his back, was unable to fight. Rosalyn had overused her powers to the point that she was bleeding. Mary and Choi Han were fine, but they were not as strong as the Dragon half-blood. The Tigers were injured as well and were having enough trouble dealing with the Bears. That meant that there was only one option left. Cale could see the people approaching him.
"...Young master Cale! That person is-" Witira closed her mouth after seeing Cale put his hand on her shoulder.
"Witira, Whales need water in order to go berserk, right?"
"...It is impossible with a small amount of water made from magic."

Whales were creatures of the ocean. It was only natural that they needed water in order to go berserk and that the amount of pure water they needed was impossible to fill with magic. Of course, they could create a significant amount of water with magic, however, Witira's expression did not look good after taking a look around.
"Miss Rosalyn is weakened right now, and the Breck Kingdom's mages have a limit to their powers."

Cale looked at the orbs of light being created around the Dragon half-blood mage and started to think. He needed someone who could fight against the Dragon half-blood. Even as a half-blood, he still had the strength to rival a Dragon. The Whales were the only ones who could fight with such an existence. But it would be difficult for Paseton, the half-blooded Whale. Witira and Archie. The future Whale Queen and the current strongest warrior of the Whale tribe. He needed them.

But they were not enough. His gaze headed toward the destroyed cliff and the wall of fire underneath the Dragon half-blood. It was not enough with a small amount of water created by magic. In that case...
"Is a tsunami the width of that destroyed cliff and height of the wall of fire enough? Will you be able to go berserk even for just a little bit?"
'... A tsunami the height of that wall of fire?'
Witira thought about the wall of fire that was multiple kilometers long. If it was that much pure water...
"...It will be worth trying."

She could see Cale starting to smile while looking at the wall of fire. Someone who could persist against the Dragon half-blood. He needed a battlefield for them to run wild. Cale slowly grabbed the necklace around his neck. He needed to use what was inside this jewel.

TCF!Eruhaben's expression turned bitter again, as he recalled how Cale had suffered with balancing his plate after this battle - he hadn't known how different things could have turned out if he arrived earlier, if he had answered Cale's call, if he had come as soon as Cale asked for his help.

A hand suddenly patted his shoulder, TCF!Eruhaben looked down at the stoic expression on the Unlucky Bastard beside him and sighed softly. Eventually, he nodded in understanding of the message that Cale had been wordlessly trying to convey to him. Mutely, he and all the other Dragons returned their attention to the Palantír to continue watching this recording. Right now, the TBOAH!Dragons were prioritizing understanding this battle and also figuring out how such an existence had come into being - since the TCF!Dragons still refused to tell them.

The Dominating Water. It was made of pure water and was a perfect match for the Whales who were the rulers of the ocean. This was the only method. He looked toward Witira and started to speak.
"I will create a tsunami for you."

A chill went through TBOAH!Zed and TBOAH!Alberu, and both of them turned toward their counterparts to find out if they were actually crazy for allowing Cale Henituse this much freedom. TCF!Zed ignored his counterpart's stare, while TCF!Alberu merely shrugged off his counterparts piercing glare like water on a duck's back.

Neither of them cared because Cale got the job done. Besides TCF!Alberu knew quite well that there were always many benefit to be collected on whenever he allowed Cale to do what he wanted - of course so long as he made sure Cale included the rest of his group in his plans, thus ensuring that he wouldn't go overboard and be reckless with his own health and wellbeing.

However, at Emperor TCF!Alberu's lack of response, King TBOAH!Alberu's glare turned even more penetrating. TBOAH!Alberu once again could not fathom how TCF!Alberu had handled the remunerations charges for the destruction of Hais Island 5 which they had seen in the previous scene, or even this here where Cale Henituse was talking about unleashing a tsunami over the Gorge of Death. TBOAH!Zed felt a headache coming on, TBOAH!Alberu was already suffering from one because he'd been frowning so deeply for too long already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 106K 93
There lived a handsome prince engaged to the most beautiful woman in the world. Despite her beauty, she failed to capture the prince's heart. Instead...
192K 14.6K 52
Somehow, a narcoleptic transmigrator is working as a stablehand in the Henituse County. That's fine, there's no way Cale would care enough about this...
172K 7.6K 38
Wherein the God of Creation needed the God of Death's help to save the world he's overseeing. The God of Creation's follower, his creation, Leonier...
5.8K 334 10
Choi Han woke up right next to the man that he once beat to a pulp. The last thing he remembered is fighting against the white star and now he was ly...