Straya 801- Planet of Total M...

De orangecaramel05

'Welcome on Straya 801.' The first time they heard these words, they were kids. Now, they are Stray kids. ... Mai multe

TEASER
Prologue
Chapter 1: Gorgeous.
Chapter 2 - Palis...
Chapter 3 - Part I: Pale Blue Feather...
Chapter 3 - Part II: Feather Pale Blue...
Chapter 4: Glowing Promises...
CHAPTER 5: Once upon a time...
AUTHOR SELFLESS (lol) PROMOTION~
Chapter 6: Starry Night...
Chapter 7: Euphoria...
PART II - MYSTERY OF LOVE.
Chapter 8: The Greatest Day...
Chapter 9: Green Violets - Beyond Love...
TAG TIME~
TAG TIME 2.0 - '+=+'
Chapter 10: Dear heart...
Chapter 11 - Part I: Rêverie...
AUTHOR SELFLESS (lol) PROMOTION 2.0
CHAPTER 11 - Part II: Réalité...
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
CHAPTER 12: I Love You...
CHAPTER 13: Forever & Ever...
Announcement + New Fanfic's Teaser
CHAPTER 14: Appassionata...
Chapter 15: One Day, Waiting Between Worlds...
Chapter 16: Into the Light...
Chapter 17: For You...
Update~
CHAPTER 18: For-ever...

Last Chapter. 19: Last Journey - Planet of Total Madness...

164 9 11
De orangecaramel05

AN : Hi~ I did promise I would finish it ;)So after more than two, years... please enjoy that final chapter.

-- Crossposted on Ao3.

The Glow rose on the freezing Straya 801, casting a bright light all over.

Jeongin fluttered his eyes open to that sight.

He was breathing.

He couldn't believe it. He lived to see the day.

He recognized the pink ceiling. He was in SM's Headquarters. They probably healed whatever injury he had. Thinking of it had his shoulder throbbing in pain. He winced and tried to reach for it. But he couldn't. Something warm was holding his right hand back.

Was it...

Jeongin turned his head left and smiled tenderly. Of course it was Yedam.

The boy was sleeping peacefully, sitting on a chair, head on the mattress. He was bruised and his perfect sharp jawline that he loved so much was scratched -- but he looked fine otherwise. That was all that mattered to Jeongin.

Probably sensing eyes on him, the soon to be Trashee leader stirred. Jeongin intertwined their fingers.

"You're awake."

"You're awake," Yedam mumbled, sitting up. His eyes were red and spellbound.

Jeongin dived in and pressed his lips to his cheek. Jae, was he glad they were alive. Yedam pressed a hand to his jaw and redirected his lips to his own. The press was gentle, tired and full of love. Jeongin breathed in and swallowed back his tears, his good arm going up to wrap around his nape.

"You're alive," he whispered, fluttering his eyes back open to take the sight of his face in.

"So are you," answered Yedam with a small smile. He grabbed Jeongin's elbow to prop him up properly against the headrest. "The guys will be thrilled to see you awake."

A rush of memories suddenly washed over Jeongin, making him gasp and reel forward.

"Hey, easy-"

"Did we win?" Jeongin interrupted, breathless, hands clutching Yedam's wrist. A flash of freckles appeared before his eyes. "Felix. Is Felix-"

"Hey, hey, relax, Foxie," Yedam hushed him, cupping his cheeks. He grinned and sat next to him on the bed. "Felix is okay. And yes, we won. Kim is being sent back to Earth with what's left of his goons."

Jeongin sagged against his chest, welcoming Yedam's warm embrace.

"What happened, then, after that bastard hit me-"

Jeongin's words were cut off by Yedam's lips pressing against his bandaged shoulder. He quivered, the ghost of that spear still lingering on his skin. But he was with Yedam. Everything was alright.

"Now, you'll have to take care of it too," Yedam mumbled, voice soft.

"Take care of what?" Jeongin asked, confused.

"Your scar. We share the same one."

"Oh. Right," Jeongin realized. He acquired this scar protecting his One and oddly it was in the same spot as Yedam's one.

"You'll have to take care of it well. Unlike me," Yedam giggled, tightening his hold. His breath tickled Jeongin and had him squirming away.

"Alright, alright, you Yehsihk! Let me go, I need to see my brother- I mean, my brothers," Jeongin corrected himself, his grin expanding. It would need some getting used to but... he was beyond glad Jae made it possible.

Yedam kissed his shoulder one last time and helped him up. "Sure. Come with me," he offered, leading him out.

And was Jeongin surprised when he stepped out. He ran to the patio door.

Standing on the tarmac of SM Facilities were Palis and their riders, blue, green, pink and yellow Young Wings hovering over, ships and trucks, scientists and Strays – all together.

"What... What happened out there?" he gasped, palms flat against the glass.

"A week has gone by since you passed out. Doctors said you had a small contusion. Minho and Donghyuck are down there but they'll be glad to see you up."

"A week? And you only tell me about that now?!" Jeongin shrieked, startling Yedam.

"Sorry, Foxie. Forgot to tell you. But you didn't miss a lot! Just that we made peace and Chan told Felix he is his cousin."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah- oh, and Hyunjin wanted to wait for you to wake up to prepare the wedding-"

Jeongin dashed past him, straight to the stairs.

"Hwang Hyunjin!"

Yedam winced, running after him.

"Jeongin wait! You shouldn't run!!" Yedam called out.

He shook his head at the boy and slowed down. It was useless to run after him. He looked at his retreating back, eyes on the bandaged shoulder, and smiled against his will. "I did miss that impatience of yours, Foxie."

– – – – – –

Rain was drizzling inside the jungle, covering the turquoise palm trees in warm water, droplets landing on the sandy muddy ground and onto the indigo and salmon pink plants. The weather was forecast but shades of pinks and oranges still meddled with the grays. The Fyrs were sleeping in trees, covered by huge leaves, lulled by the rain's pit pat and the quiet giggling of a pair of males. If one were to look for them, all they'd have to do would be to follow the messy footprints and the sound of their hushed voices.

"Hush, Binnie, you'll wake the whole jungle up," Felix whispered, tugging him faster by the hand.

"It's not my fault, cub. You should have seen his face when you tricked him," Changbin retaliated, intertwining their fingers. He hurried along, not wanting to fall head first into the muddy sand. Although he was more than used to running on these grounds, Felix was like a sleek feline – fast, swift and at ease. Next to him, Changbin was more of a gorilla – raw, heavy and grounded.

"Woojin should learn that playing fair with me leads to losing!" Felix laughed out loud, recalling the way Dabby had faked going left and dived past Woojin and Luwen, reaching the narrow cave faster than his older brother and sending him splashing through the iridescent waterfall. Needless to say, Woojin had been pissed. Felix had hurried away from the training grounds and reached his lover's flat to grab him and flee inside the forest, away from Woojin's outraged chase.

The lovers kept running and running, occasionally sending one another stumbling and rolling through palm trees and mud.

Changbin couldn't keep his eyes off his lover. Retrieving him had been the worst ordeal of his whole life. He had felt... Torn in two. Like a part of himself was missing. Like he was merely the shell of himself. Only once Felix had jumped in his arms, everything was set back in place. Felix had been back were he belonged. The relief was immense. Of course, the following week had not been easy at all. Felix was still overcome with traumas. The memories of the torture he and Hyuna had to endure were vivid and haunting. Hyuna's death was a memory that would haunt them both forever as well. Felix was playing the scene in his dreams every night, waking up screaming and crying. Changbin had taken it upon himself to make the flat at JYP's their temporary home. The others had enough trauma to deal with -- and Chan and Jisung were more than happy to stay at the Tree House.

Apart from the dreadful nights, life had been quite... nice. Domestic, even. Living together with your lover had a nice touch to it. Felix woke up to Changbin's cooking, they relaxed on the couch in the late afternoon, cleaned the dishes together, made their bed together. Changbin could see himself living like this.

"Let's live together."

The words were out before he registered that they had left his mouth. Felix stopped, golden hued eyes blinking and wide when he turned around. His freckles were dotted with raindrops and Changbin couldn't help the fond smile gracing his lips.

"Sure," Felix agreed, surprise evident in his voice. "Where'd you want to live?"

Changbin had not expected the ease with which he answered but didn't let it stop him from bringing his lover closer by the waist. He leaned his forehead against his wet one, and rubbed their noses against each other, grateful.

"You're sure easy to convince," he noted with appreciation.

"Mankind simply overthinks too much," Felix remarqued with amusement. "I never meant to spend my whole life in this house. I always knew I'd find someone to settle with someday."

"That's... very optimistic. I was brought up with the belief that I'd settle in a flat paid by the army back on Earth. At best, I'd live with Chan and Jisung 'till I was thirty going on thirty five. I never expected to find... prospects of futures here," Changbin confessed.

Felix nodded in understanding and cupped the back of his head, thumbing his wet strands of black hair.

"I understand, Changbin. But it's no longer like that. Here, you're allowed to dream. You can be whatever you want, with whoever you want and wherever you want. Straya is yours."

"I am aware of that now," Changbin assured him with a fond smile, pecking his wet lips. "And I wanna live by the jungle's border. In a small house, that filters the light."

"You sure have it planned out for someone that did not dream of it," Felix remarked, amused.

Changbin chose to ignore him. "There'll be a window hole in our bedroom that gives straight to the trees so Gyu and Dabby can come by as they want. And I want five rooms."

"Five?" Felix repeated, laughter finally bubbling out of his throat, hearing his One's over the top ideas. "What would we do with five rooms?"

"I can think of many things," Changbin smirked.

"You Yehsihk, be serious," Felix groaned, a pale blush growing on his freckled cheeks.

"Alright. One room for us, obviously. When the guys come by, they need to have their own rooms, so make that four. And I want a last one for...," he trailed off, sounding unsure. Felix smiled and told him to go on. "I... Well, I was thinking maybe... maybe- only if you'd like it-"

"Binnie."

"Sorry...," Changbin inhaled, trying to calm his nerves. "I was thinking that if you're okay with it, maybe we could adopt Elijah," he confessed, looking Felix in the eyes.

Over the past week, that thought had been running on repeat in his brain.

No matter how he envisioned things, his perfect future held the baby as their son. They promised Hyuna to take care of him, and of course that didn't mean adopting Elijah. As long as he was looked after and well taken care of by someone, it was enough to fulfill their engagement. But Changbin felt as if they were meant to be the ones doing so. And he truly, dearly hoped that Felix envisioned it too.

"Binnie...," Felix gasped, eyes welling up. Or maybe it was the rain, Changbin couldn't tell. The drizzle had transformed into a downpour and he had not even noticed it.

Felix brought the back of his hand to his own cheek, wiping it clean. "Binnie I'd be the happiest man alive if we took that kid in."

"Oh fuck yes," Changbin breathed out, spining his lover around.

They were both laughing so hard that Changbin fell backward into the mud. Felix steadied himself by grabbing his shoulders and stared down at him. "I've been thinking about it too. I am an orphan. I don't want this kid to be one as well. And I may not be ready to be a father. But I'm sure that together we'll make things work. For Hyuna and E'Dawn. For us."

Changbin cupped his hand and leaned into his touch. "For us."

Felix grinned down at him and Changbin swore he shone brighter than the Glow.

"For all it's worth, cub, I might not be a better father," Changbin revealed. "I lack a lot in the family relationship department. But when I see you, when I look at you, I just know it's the right thing to do."

"You're so sappy, Seo Changbin, but that did make my heart jump a little in my chest," Felix teased, leaning down to kiss him. It was quick but it felt like a promise.

"God, I can't believe I'll spend my whole life with your annoying ass," Changbin grumbled. His smile betrayed him.

"You're stuck with me forever, human," Felix singsang with a wink.

Changbin smirked and kissed his lips once more to silence him. "For fucking forever," he swore.

"My mother would have approved of you, you know. But she'd kick your ass for that foul mouth of yours," Felix informed him, lips trailing down his jaw. "Maybe I should too."

Changbin scoffed and pinched his sides. "Hey, talking about mothers right now ain't sexy at all. But I'd like to see you try and kick my ass."

Felix raised a brow, the fighter spirit in him igniting at once. He kissed his jaw, biting it for good measure. "You sure about that, Binnie?"

"Bring it on, cub," Changbin taunted, pushing the younger boy off him at once. He used the momentum to dash up and forward, not having to look behind to know that Felix was on his tail. He laughed out loud. That felt exhilarating.

On his left, a cottage appeared. It was slightly hidden by large palm trees and covered in wild flowers of salmon and mint shades. It looked abandoned. And as he got closer to it, Changbin recognized the place.

The old human school. The one where Felix's mother taught kids. He had seen it in the pictures at the guy's home. Back then, the wood had been in perfect shape and adorned in wild flowers, from what he recalled.

Arms wrapped around his waist from behind and sent him reeling forward, straight into the wall of the shack – Changbin feared it would break under their weight.

"Gotcha," Felix giggled, his deep voice sending shivers down his spine.

Changbin smiled and turned around. "I let you win."

"Sure, you did," Felix scoffed, eyes rolling in fond exasperation. "Why did you stop here?"

Changbin shrugged, sagging against the wall now that he was sure it wouldn't break. "Not sure. I guess I just wanted to see it for myself. Back on Earth, everyone has heard of that school and what it did. Chan, Jisung and I secretly wished when we were younger that it would reopen. So that once we'd get on Straya we could learn to speak like you guys. Turns out, we didn't need it."

"Yeah, though we were probably worse teachers than my mom. But you three did learn, so I take it we're not that bad," Felix bragged, proud. "This school is a place I love and hate at the same time."

He let go of Changbin and looked at the place with sorrow and longing. "I remember it as somewhere my mom was happy and loved me. But it's also the place where she died trying to protect her students. At the time, she was pregnant with my little sister. She couldn't be saved..." He trailed off, trailing a hand over the new grown flowers.

"I hate it because this is the place my mom died for. But I love it because it symbolizes that if you have something to love and protect, it's worth dying for." He turned and looked a shell-shocked Changbin in the eyes. "She died protecting the peace she sought between our two worlds, the union me and my sister were the fruits of. This school... It's worth so much."

Changbin gulped and leaned off the wall, turning around to properly take a look at it. It was indeed almost a ruin, covered by nature. Or maybe, nature was actually trying to keep it together. So that the memory of a peace that once was never died. Now that Changbin properly took a look at it, he could picture the former grandeur of the school. Doctor White did put a lot of love in building it.

"What do you say... we reopen it?"

Felix turned to look at him like he'd grown two heads.

"Think about it. Elijah will need a place to learn about his heritage. He's just like you, man and Stray. Where else, than where it all began?" Changbin pressed on, the idea making more sense the more he voiced it out. "We could restore this school, and Strays and humans alike could come here to learn about our two cultures. Now that the conflict is over, it's time to recall the good in both mankind and Strays."

Felix was voiceless. And judging by the tears welling up in his eyes, Changbin was certain he loved the idea. He held out his hand.

"Care to show me around?" he offered with a small smile full of hope.

Felix sniffed and wiped his tears clean, nodding. He reached for his hand and intertwined their fingers.

"Only if you walk with me every step of the way, Seo Changbin," Felix made him promise, voice cracked and full of gratitude.

Changbin brought his knuckles to his lips and pressed a tender kiss on them.

"For fucking forever," he swore again, and Felix grabbed his hand tighter.

"For fucking forever."

Breathing in, Felix pressed his free palm flat on the door, pushing it open.

– – – – – –

"You wanted to see me, Sir?"

JYP looked up from his files, from his spot on the couch. He grinned, waving him over.

Seeing his boss elsewhere than behind his desk was a sight. Chan smiled, unsure. He was helping Woojin tend to the wounded in their homemade tending shack - they were healing at the speed of light and it was still fascinating after all this time - when a young scientist came knocking at the door. JYP requesting a meeting was unexpected after almost a week without hearing from him or Suzy. But then again, mourning a life and all the what ifs takes some time.

"Ah, yes, Chan. Please enter."

Chan smiled and stepped in, almost ready to straighten his uniform, before he caught himself. In a way, it did feel good to come in and not wear the uniform. He had missed sweatpants a great deal lately.

"Take a seat, son," JYP instructed, removing the jacket from the armchair next to him.

Chan walked towards the resting area, waving at the colorful bird companion of his boss on his way over. The bird only flew away, to Chan's amusement. And that's when he took notice of the boxes piled up by the wall. And the cleared walls, shelves, and desk. His computer was even stored in.

"You're leaving, sir?" Chan asked, carefully sitting down in front of his boss.

"Yes."

The news had the effect of a bomb on Chan.

Seeing his face, JYP quickly clarified the situation. "Momentarily of course," JYP added, laughing behind his hand. "Just so that I can clarify the whole... situation, back on Earth. I might be there for a few months. Maybe one year. Three maximum."

Chan's whole world stilled. If JYP did go back for so long... Chan and the others would have grown much, much older once he came back.

"B-but, you can't leave this behind!" Chan sputtered, gesturing around the room. And he didn't mean the office and all its treasures. He meant the whole facility and everything JYP had built. Who would carry on all his research and work? Was Suzy taking over? Was she even in a state to take over?

JYP grinned and piled up the files he was looking at when Chan came in. He flipped them over and slid them toward Chan.

"I'd like to discuss that with you, Bang Chan."

— --

"Soldiers, stand!"

Changbin rose, putting his hand over his forehead in a salute. His eyes were trained to the front and his chest swelling with pride. Next to him, Jisung was silently sniffing, standing straight too. But Changbin didn't worry. He knew Jisung's tears were happy ones.

Back at the front, Chan stood up from his kneeling position as well ; but this time, his back possessed another tattoo. Surrounding the Chinese Dragon were now three spheres – one for loyalty, one for justice, one for power. The loyalty sphere, a blue sphere, was curled into the dragon's tail. The justice sphere, a purple sphere, was nested inside the right paw's claws. The power sphere, a red sphere, was hovering above the dragon's open maw. These three spheres symbolized the three qualities their army's chief should embody.

Behind Chan, JYP stood as well, bare-chested. His back, which was once tattooed with those three colorful spheres, was now overlapped with black ink. His duty had ended, passed down to another worthy of it.

JYP raised his hand and drew his knife from his pocket, splitting the skin of his palm before anyone could blink. He held his hand out, and the knife as well, this time with his good hand. From their spots at the front, Changbin and Jisung could clearly see the redness of the blade, stained by new and old dried blood. Thanks Jae they had antiseptic back home.

"Bang Chan, do you renounce your title of scientist and soldier of the JYP Facility's forces?"

Chan breathed in and put a hand over his chest.

"Yes, sir."

"Do you renounce your naming of CB97 and embrace the new one your mentor chose?"

"Yes, sir."

"Then I hereby name you, Commander Bang, leader of the pacified armies of mankind and chief scientist of JYP Facilities. Do you accept the duty that comes with these great responsibilities?"

"Yes, sir."

"Commander Bang, do you swear to respect the three founding pillars?"

"Yes, sir."

"Do you swear to be loyal to that you command and the sought ideal, at times needed?"

"Yes, sir."

"Do you swear to serve your people the righteous justice you encompass as the hand of law, at times needed?"

"Yes sir."

"Do you swear to use the power vested in you, by your people and I, wisely and with balance, at times needed?"

"Yes, sir."

"Then, do you swear to submit yourself to the consequences in case of failure to respect these pillars? These consequences being: bearing the marks of your failure on your body by the blade I present you, here, in my right hand, the loss of your powers and rights as Commander, and the sentences presented to you by the Earth Council. Do you abide by it, Commander Bang?"

Chan breathed out and straightened himself up.

"Yes, sir."

JYP broke into a grin and handed him the knife.

"Commander Bang, this blade has been handed down from generations of Commanders. With the addition of your blood on it, you seal your fate. This is your choice to make."

Chan smiled back, pressed the knife into his own palm, with no hesitation. Changbin felt the swell of pride in his chest threatening to burst. He watched as Chan drew the blade back into the holder of his brand new belt and pressed his own bloodied hand into JYP's one firmly.

"Then, with the sealing of this oath, I pass my duty to you, Bang Chan."

"And I receive it fully and wholeheartedly, Park Jinyoung."

JYP nodded humbly and let go of his hand. Changbin watched him turn to face the crowd, his face solemn.

"Scientists, soldiers, and members of this facility. Please welcome your new leader, Commander Bang!"

"Long live Commander Bang!," all shouted in unison.

Changbin felt his face split into a grin and a single tear rolled down his cheek as he watched his brother walk down the stage and down the aisle. He had promised himself not to cry, save his tears for their private moments of brotherhood, but how to keep them at bay when his older brother had become such a man?

Chan's head was held high but he was softly smiling as he nodded at everyone. His body and features were hardened by time and the events they had to face, but his eyes still held a gentleness and a love that few people could possess. How they'd changed since their first day here... Who could have thought they'd end up here? Their only dream had always been to travel into space. Now that this one has been fulfilled, their dreams were growing diverse and being shared with others. They were pure and on the brink of being fulfilled. Chan was slowly moving towards his own. And so were Changbin and Jisung. They were now becoming greater men.

Happy men.

Happy Stray Kids.

Chan was now a leader.

And so would Jisung, soon.

As for Changbin, he was a simple lover but soon he would be much more. He would be a father.

Yes, they were slowly, steadily, and happily walking towards their dreams. Towards their futures.

— – – – –

A few days had passed since Chan took over JYP. Their old boss would leave in a matter of days and nothing would ever be the same. And yet, Jisung couldn't help but feel like everything was just as it needed to be.

Chan's first command had been nothing but honorable. He wanted to own up for the wrongdoing mankind had perpetrated there, on Straya 801. He supervised the opening of a hospital – one led hand in hand by Strays and humans. Chan had sent their best healers, which included Jisung himself, and let Woojin take care of the rest.

Working with Woojin thrilled Jisung. His "brother in law" (as he liked to tease him) was a wonderful person and shared a lot of the Straynian healing secrets with him. Jisung was learning so much by his side with each passing day. He felt like his teenage self all over again, discovering every corner of the planet behind the big screen of the Academy. Except that now, he was on said planet and living alongside these beautiful people. Woojin was ever so patient and willing to show him everything he wanted to know. In exchange, Jisung taught him the ways of mankind and their technology when it came to healing – one of the few things they brought on Straya that was actually helpful.

Of course, his life and career were not bound exclusively to the hospital. Each time Jisung stepped away from it, he either went on with his duties at JYP Facility or back to where he was living a dream too : the jungle. Because each time, a certain someone would be waiting for him to teach him another wonderful lesson: how to be worthy of being a leader.

Working hand in hand with Minho to make their tribe better was a real wonder.

Minho was ever so kind and patient. And amongst all the teasing he loved to induce, his lover was nothing but a wonderful mentor.

Sadly, their leading classes would have to be canceled today. Not that Jisung was too sad about it. Going for his own first mission as a leader's partner and a member of the hospital was a bit stressful but Jisung felt ready for it. The training he was provided with by Minho and his background as a scientist-soldier would provide the level-headedness and strength needed, he was certain of it.

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?" Minho had asked, climbing off Midnight.

Jisung had all but offered him one raised brow as his answer and Minho had quickly backed up, raising two hands in surrender and helping him up on his Pali.

Before departing, he still offered him some advice.

"Don't stray too long on the road once the Glow goes out. Find shelter in one of the trees. You remember what I told you about the Spreads?" Minho asked him, settling his arms around hips in a loose embrace.

"I know, I know. You worry too much, love. Plus Woojin and Hyunjin are coming with me. They'll help me through this journey."

Minho sighed and dropped his head against the side of his thigh, reluctant to let go.

"Four days away from you is too much. How can I let you go?," he mumbled, voice small and betraying his fear and anger.

Jisung had to bite the protest off his lips. He knew Minho would be reluctant. Since he threatened to leave Straya 801 for good, that one day just before war erupted, Minho had been keeping an eye on him, refusing to let him out of his sight for more than a few hours. The injuries Jisung suffered from the battle had been enough to stress and hurt Minho for a lifetime. Jisung actually found out about his fears a few days after he was woken up from artificial sleep. Minho had refused to leave his side for a full week after that. And when he did, Jisung had been naive enough to believe life would go on like nothing had changed. Sure, Minho had been territorial and possessive towards him enough in the privacy of his lands and Jisung had put that against the worries that had grown on Minho after almost losing him twice. Jisung found this attitude normal. He was proven wrong when he found out about the sentinels watching him day by day and keeping an eye on him in case he was still or would get hurt. It truly was an incident – the poor sentinel had slipped on a turquoise palm tree and fell on the ground so bad that Jisung had to help back home. Jisung had chastised Minho so hard that one night – for both spying on him without his consent and risking his precious sentinels' heath on him when there were no longer massive threats – that they had their first real fight. Well, it was more on Jisung's half since Minho was discovering what anger towards a loved one felt like and would rather avoid it.

Jisung patted his head, mentioning for him to lean away. He smiled and pinched his cheek gently.

"Don't pout, love," he laughed, liking this needy side of his lover. "I'll be back before you can blink."

Minho nodded and stepped away to instruct Midnight to move forward. Jisung looked back and blew him a kiss.

"Be a nice Khae while I'm away!" He joked as he waved him goodbye.

Minho rolled his eyes and walked away, not before muttering these few words that the wind carried to Jisung.

"Says you, Khae Momae."

Leader's partner.

Jisung grinned, embracing his bright red face with pride, as he let Midnight guide him through this brand new journey.

The journey of a Khae Momae.

– – – – – – – –

The drums of the Shizae were loud, perhaps too loud for an untrained ear. Nevertheless, Chan could not be more proud to stand at the front row of the Waterfall, waiting patiently for his friends to arrive on that special day.

Rosé had insisted on dressing them up for the day – especially excited to have Chan wear a leader's attire. Chan was more than embarrassed and kept declining her, but Rosé had insisted that as one of the leaders of the Human Clans he had to dress the part. And who was Chan to refuse Woojin when his lover had kindly insisted? Nobody wanted to deny a lover.

Now, Chan stood dressed in periwinkle baggy pants and boots, adorned in silver bells and belts. Rosé had been kind enough to spare him of a shirt, letting his back heal properly from the new tattoo. She had stuck with spiraling silver armbands and necklaces, pierced by periwinkle gemstones. Sadly, the crown had not been optional. It was pretty, a succession of silver rolling waves, tinted periwinkle at each edge. Yet, as pretty as it was, having a pure raw silver band around his forehead felt foreign. Just like his new position of power, it would need some getting used to.

Woojin had kindly painted his face in terracotta lines, similar to the ones he bore himself, in periwinkle. His outfit was identical to Chan, except in terracotta colors, with the addition of a long almost see-through piece of fabric wrapping around his left shoulder down to his waist and tied at his belt. The crown placed on his curls was also identical to Chan's one, save for the terracotta hints instead of the periwinkle. It complemented his complexion – his skin had tanned a lot during his days at the hospital, practicing the Turun or 'heal-leaf' (a procedure Jisung had come running into the house gushing about, consisting of wrapping patients in the pink tree-palm leafs and having them rest under the Glow for half a day. Then, their bones were fixed). Woojin being an expert in this subject, having to patch Minho and Felix up often during their younger days, dedicated a lot of his working shift to this practice. Chan couldn't say he minded. He honestly looked gorgeous with his bronze skin.

Sensing eyes on him, Woojin faced him, gaze questioning. Chan simply smiled and picked up his hand. He brought it to his lips and planted a soft peck on his knuckles.

"Nothing, my love," he assured, intertwining their fingers over his laps. "Just thought of how handsome you were and how lucky I was."

Woojin reflected his smile and gave him a once over too. "Well, I think I can return that compliment, Commander Bang."

Chan laughed loudly and was gently nudged by Changbin on his left. "Hey, keep it low, Commander."

Chan rolled his eyes and elbowed him back. "Stop calling me that, Binnie."

He threw a nasty glare at Changbin (Jae, he hated his friends when they called him that, just for the fun of it). The boy was dressed in cherry red pants similar to his own, with a copper belt and breath-plate. His boots and jewelry were a mix of copper and cherry red. The lone braid in his now longer hair was adorned in small crystals. Only the armband on his right bicep stood out in this red palette – Felix had exchanged his own teal one for Changbin's red, to Rosé's horror. A cute token of love, in Chan's humble opinion.

Changbin smirked to mask his wince and nodded to Woojin. "So he's the only one to get that privilege?"

Woojin leaned in close before Chan could react and shared a conspiratory smile with their younger friend. "Bedroom privileges. I'm sure you know them too."

Changbin laughed out loud, completely forgetting the reason he was chastising Chan in the first place, and the latter felt like he would die of embarrassment.

"Jae," he cursed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "This is information about you and my cousin I don't want to know about, Binnie."

"Says, where is Lixie?" Woojin asked when Changbin failed to comment, too busy bursting out laughing at Chan's modesty.

"No idea," Chan answered, turning to Changbin for answers. The man whipped the tears off his face, careful not to mess the red lines over his face, before he shrugged.

"He said he would help Hyunjin to dress up-"

"Sorry guys, I'm late!"

Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Felix came nearly stumbling in Changbin's laps, his teal robes tangling into his bare feet. He was sporting similar pants to their own and had a pretty teal gem over his belly button. His face was painted with intricate teal lines and the braids on both sides of his face had crystals identical to that of Changbin. And of course, the lack of sleeves in his robes made the cherry red armband all the more visible. Chan bet if he turned around, he could see Rosé fuming.

"Hi guys!" Felix grinned and wrapped his arms around Changbin, rubbing his nose onto his. "Hi, Binnie."

"Hi, cub," the man answered, eyeing him with such tenderness that Chan didn't know whether to turn his eyes away or coo. The two had been so tender in their love after the war.

"What took you so long?"

Felix let Changbin go to properly sit down, careful not to mess with his robes again. He gestured toward the other aisle. "Jisung had to run to the hospital so I went with him."

At that, Chan, Woojin and Changbin immediately went on alert.

"Is he okay?"

"What happened?"

Felix calmed them down quickly, waving his hands around. "He's fine, he's fine. A kid just broke an arm while playing around and Jisung carried him to Neyra," he explained, and Chan recalled Neyra was a new friend of Woojin and Jisung, who worked with them on the Turun. "We were so afraid we'd be late. Thanks Jae we're here now."

Chan nodded and turned around to get a good look at his friend, still worried he would have hurt himself over running around the jungle. But Jisung looked fine, as if he had not made that little trip. Not that surprising if Chan thought about it – Jisung was used to the jungle, more than any human here, having to run around with Minho on duty.

He was talking with some Strays Chan didn't know, looking like a Khae Momae more than ever. He was dressed in light navy blue robes that flew behind him everytime he so much as moved, tied at the waist by a see-through crystal stomach armor plate. His legs were covered in navy leather pants and knee-high boots of intricate designs, and there were so many golden pieces of jewelry on him that Chan feared he would lose count before the wedding ceremony actually began. His face was adorned with navy blue lines and his hair braided. On them sat the same crown Rosé had given him during Johnny and Ten's wedding. Chan suddenly felt himself reminiscent of that time.

How young and careless they had been. It was such a time of joy. And now, he was about to experience another one.

The drums stopped to let the horns play and the tribal singers begin.

Chan looked back to the front, the Glow radiating over the Waterfall, only for it to part over when Minho, master of ceremony, walked out from under it. He was regal looking, dressed in the exact same outfit as Jisung, safe for his own crown and his color scheme, coral. A true accomplished and powerful leader.

"People of all Clans,"

And this time, Chan could fully understand the Straynian speech. He felt pride as Minho, who stood over the middle boulder, held out two hands, awaiting those that would take them.

"On this bright day and under the blessing of Jae, we shall welcome the love of two brave warriors and exceptional Trashee members. Please begin this tune with me, for our Hyunjin and our Seungmin !"

– –

Voices were ringing in the air as the fog rose higher over the lake. The Strays and humans sang in harmony, joining the leading voices of the Senders, Wonpil, brother to Seungmin, and Jeongin, best-friend to Hyunjin.

Wonpil whispered the soft lullaby as he crouched on his knees before his younger brother, own dark red robes pooling around him as he pulled his hands flat onto his brother's chest, covered by the traditional wedding white, golden and red robes. He stared straight into his brother's eyes, feeling his own ones wetting at the sight. His little brother was smiling so hard and trembling with euphoria that Wonpil felt like he would leap up and straight to Hyunjin if he let go of the robes any time soon.

To think Seungmin was leaving the family name for good now, as he himself once did. That he would settle for his found family, forever.

Seungmin had found his One True Happiness.

Wonpil could not be more proud of the man he became.

On the other side of the lake, Jeongin was doing the same to Hyunjin, hands steady and warm over his white, red and black wedding robes. His own baby blue scarf, which was fastened by a golden belt in a twist around his chest, was slapping against the material of his white pants and tickling his bare feet, and the golden jewelry all around his arms and neck were also tickling his skin, but it was not enough to make him lose focus. He felt steady.

Yes, he could only smile in pure joy at his best friend who was standing there, eyes closed, trying to get a grip and obviously anxious of what was to come. Jeongin knew this moment meant the world for him and he wanted it to be perfect. So Jeongin remained steady for him.

When Hyunjin finally fluttered his eyes open, under the comforting patting of Jeongin's hands, they both knew he would be alright. Hyunjin looked him in the eyes, grateful and Jeongin looked back, conveying his contentment and pride.

His best friend did it.

He found his promised happiness.

Once Minho was done lighting up the incense, the soft smell of red berries permeating the air all around, Jeongin stopped his chant, eyes leaving Hyunjin as he reached out for the crushed red berries in the basket next to him. He dipped his fingers in and raised them to Hyunjin's face, tracing a large stripe from his right cheek to his left one, in the skilled gesture only an artist possessed.

On the other side, Wonpil was already done with it, wiping his hands onto a soft cloth as he picked up a crown. It was made of wood, gems and pearls – but most important of all, it was adorned with the blue flowers from the very own secret place Seungmin had refused to tell him about. He only said that it was a place that mattered for Hyunjin and him, and Wonpil had not hesitated a second before taking the bouquet and adding the chosen flowers to the crown he crafted. He knew that that way, his parting gift would symbolize his utmost blessing of their union. Wonpil took a deep breath and nodded at his little brother, and Seungmin grinned, his nose piercing catching the light of the Glow. Wonpil was happy to see that his brother now wore it more often and proudly.

Wonpil slipped the crown onto Seungmin's soft brown hair. As he did so, he closed his eyes and muttered quick words – blessings he had learned by heart.

Jeongin, on the opposite side, muttered his own blessings. He had spent the night carefully crafting those few sentences, knowing Jae would carry them with him and watch over Hyunjin with their intent. They were simple.

Though not my brother in blood, you are in spirit,

We've watched over each other for many years, and we'll do so still for the many years to come,

But now, I know you'll be watched over by another pure and loving soul,

Watch over this soul with the same intent,

Then, I can wholeheartedly give you my blessing.

Jeongin snapped his eyes open and let go of Hyunjin's crown – made of the same gemstones, pearls and flowers as Seugmin's one but from a different wood, that was taken directly from Jeongin's very favorite weapon. He closed his mouth and sat back on his calves.

He was done.

He could now send his best friend- brother off.

Hyunjin offered him a sweet smile, so different from his many playful ones, gratefully taking the younger's hands as he pulled him up. Their robes blew in the strong wind, in what Jeongin was sure was a beautiful sight for the audience, and with a quick nod, Hyunjin let himself be led to the lake's border. The fog had risen so thick, just like that time at Ten's wedding, that they could see nothing but the boulder in front of them.

Hyunjin slipped out of his shoes and finally put a foot onto the small boulder, Jeongin still holding his hand as he himself stepped into the water beside him, walking him through the first step. Hyunjin put his other foot onto the boulder and Jeongin let go, his last touch being his lips against his cheek.

"I love you Hyunjin. I wish you two will live the most loving union there ever will be," he whispered, wiping away the lone tear that rolled down Hyunjin's cheek.

"I love you too, Innie. I would never be the man I am today if not for you. Thank you, for everything," he whispered back, sobbing silently, and Jeongin grinned. With a bow, he sent him away.

"Thank you, Hyunjin," he thought as he walked back to the shore, to take his seat by the edge of the right front row, Wonpil doing the same on the other side.

Next to him, Yedam pressed a hand on his tigh in support, dressed in a rose red apparel identical to his own, safe for the small golden copper crown adorning his now blond hair. CL still wore the official crown, but the countdown for the Sureki Crowning had begun. Jeongin had refused to wear one, when Rosé offered, stating that he would surprise Yedam with a crown of his own on the day of the Crowning. Rosé, that big romanticist, had of course agreed.

"You were amazing," Yedam whispered as he leaned in and kissed his bare shoulder, were the scar laid, now fully healed.

Jeongin thanked him with a kiss on the lips.

They both looked back towards the waterfall, watching with awe as Seungmin and Hyunjin both walked onto the boulders on either side of the lake, towards the waiting arms of Minho. As the fog cleared away, Jeongin could tell the exact moment both of them met eyes. Hyunjin's shoulders slackened at the sight of Seungmin and the grin that split his face in two threatened to put the Glow to shame. Seungmin on the other hand let out a straight on sob, hurrying forward. Minho took both of their hands once they were close enough and finally brought them to each other, letting go so that the lovers could intertwine their fingers.

They looked so in love, it warmed Jeongin's heart.

Hyunjin and Jeongin stood there, staring in each other's eyes while Minho muttered blessings and drew signs on their joined hands, with the same crushed berries the brothers had used on their faces. As Jeongin recalled, it was the rune of infinity, symbolizing the eternity of their relationship, the four dots around it representing the four elements, symbolizing Jae's blessings. Then, Minho wrapped a creeper from the Grand Tree (carefully picked this morning by him) around their joined hands.

"You can now pronounce your vows," he offered, voice softer than usual but resonating with so much pride and love that it was moving to hear.

"I'll be your knight, your protector, your heart's shield & sword," they both stated loud and clear, voices filled with many emotions. The first tears began to roll in the audience, but they went on, eyes in eyes, uncaring for the world around them. "I'll be your confidant, your home, your shelter & forever. I am yours and you are mine, under the Glow, let us be One," they both concluded, breaths catching in their throats.

Minho smiled tenderly at them, and let go of their two tied hands as he stepped back. "By the power vested in me, today, on these sacred Ancient Grounds, witnesses and benevolent guardians of your union, I hereby declare you Ones."

Without waiting for further instructions or cheers from the crowd, they both leaned in and kissed.

Jeongin jumped from his spot, followed by his found family, taking part in the loud cheers and applause from the crowd. Whooping, tribal cries, claps and crying could be heard, but Jeongin was solely focused on wiping his own tears and clapping loudly, as he stared at Seungmin and Hyunjin's hugging figures.

A day like this was beyond what he had dreamed of.

It felt good to live in such reality.

And Jeongin knew that this time, this reality would stay, forever.

– – – – – – – –

"Wow, I did not expect to see this," Changbin moaned in distress as he turned away from the doorsill, barely avoiding the pillow thrown at him.

"Leave it, hyung," Jeongin complained, not even blushing in shame as he pushed away from Yedam and the wall.

"Can I turn around now?" Changbin teased, used to this banter. Two full weeks have gone by since the wedding, and with the recent Crowning of Yedam, the two boys had been inseparable and many had found them making out in the house more than once. And as much as the boys liked to complain about their PDA, Changbin would rather see Jeongin like this a million times than in a hospital bed.

"Is it time, hyung?" Yedam questioned, fixing his new crown properly over his head.

Changbin nodded, dropping his playful mood for some seriousness. "Yes. CL has arrived. We are waiting for Suzy."

Yedam and Jeongin exchanged a look, and Jeongin wordlessly took his lover's hand. Changbin could feel so much empathy for the youngest boy. It was hard to see a leader and parental figure leave.

Yes, today was the day Suzy and CL would leave for the Holy Mountains : a recess made for leaders, both Khaes and Khaes Momae, who had passed down their crowns, to finally rest. No one else would be allowed by Jae to enter this place, nor would Jae allow you to leave it. Once you had chosen to rest, you shall for the rest of your life. At first, Changbin had found the concept abstract and unsettling, but seeing and understanding all that Suzy and CL had faced, he found out it didn't matter whether or not he grasped it. What mattered was that they could finally find their inner peace. And come to a rest.

He led the boys out, watching as the Glow was beginning to set over Straya 801. It was a perfect moment to leave that world and its memories behind. He was glad CL and Suzy would experience that.

Felix welcomed him with open arms under a palm tree, a little bit away from the crowd. Changbin buried his face in the crook of his neck and breathed in his calming, familiar scent.

"She's there," Felix announced softly, kissing the top of his head. Changbin turned to face the crowd. And surely enough, Suzy, dressed in a pretty lilac floral dress – a homage to her sister – arrived on a Pali. The Crowd, mostly Taro Clan's people, began chanting 'Khae Momae' and from his spot, Changbin could see Suzy shedding a few tears.

Yes, the two women truly deserved their peace.

"She'll meet with her lover again," Felix informed him with a small smile. "The predecessor of Suhyun."

"Hmm, I heard of it," Changbin hummed. "Heard of their first meeting as well. Quite similar to us."

"Really?" Felix questioned, trying to recall how that happened. "Oh, right. It was when you saw me in that tree."

Changbin chuckled and held him tighter. "And what a sight. The prettiest boy I had ever seen."

"Oh, please."

"You're blushing?"

"No."

"You so are."

"Shut up, you Yehshik, and watch the parade," Felix grumbled, refusing to meet his eyes.

Changbin internally danced, feeling victorious, but obeyed.

Suzy and CL were now riding their Palis up, towards the Holy Mountains – Changbin stared, until they could barely be seen, embraced by the foggy clouds at the top of the mountain chain.

Now, all was at peace.

Felix brushed a hand in his hair to get his attention. He was smiling softly at Changbin, eyes full of warmth. "Let's go, Elijah is waiting for us at home."

Right, home.

Changbin looked back one last time at the Holy Mountains, grateful.

The Clans would thrive and remember these previous incredibly strong leaders.

He wished them farewell.

– – – – – – –

"Say, Minho, do you think we'll go to the Holy Mountains too, one day?"

Minho opened an eye, momentarily blinded by the Glow. He spotted Jisung from his spot on the sand, his lover kicking his feet in the water. He hummed, thoughtful. "I have certainly dreamt of it, but... Is that what you want? Not all of our family could follow us there."

As amazing as that place had once looked, being forever separated from his found family was something he was not sure he wanted anymore. Only time would tell how he would feel once the moment came.

Jisung smiled, looking beautiful under the Glowlight. "I will follow you, wherever you go, Minho."

Minho felt his heart leap in his chest and chose to shut his eye close once more to evade the sight. Jisung was a menace. Each day by his side made his feelings for him grow at a pace Minho never imagined. Because Jisung certainly did things to his heart he failed to apprehend, even after all these days spent together. From stolen kisses to spontaneous pillow fights, while scaring a bunch of Pali away with a stupid dance, every time was a glorious time. If you had told Minho that he would encounter a clumsy, loud, adorable, smart, brave and gorgeous human months ago, he would have probably ignored it. Today, he could not imagine waking up with his arms somewhere other than around that tiny waist and his face buried in Jisung's soft hair. Jisung was a lifeline, a partner, and the one that held the heart he had been afraid to give away for years. With Jisung, Minho was healing, heading toward a peace and warmth he thought unreachable. And for that, Minho would forever be grateful and utterly in love with his human.

Minho smiled, content.

"Good."

A weight settled on his chest and warm lips met his own.

"I love you, Minho," Jisung mumbled against his lips, his warm breath tickling him.

Minho captured his lips once more, not bearing another second away from his kisses.

"I love you, Jisung."

But that didn't matter. They had an eternity together.

– – – – – – – –

"Sir? Should we warn Commander Bang?"

JYP stopped in his tracks, sparing a look behind himself. The jungle's entrance stood, calm and at peace. JYP took in the palm trees, the plants, the Young Wings soaring and the noise of the waves crashing down the sand nearby. He closed his eyes and breathed in, feeling the nice odor of Gyujaks and the warmth of the Glow on his old skin. How good that all felt.

"No need, Commander Jung," he instructed the small hologram coming out of his watch. "They'll find out soon enough. Today is a day of celebration. Let us let them have their well deserved peace."

He breathed in one last time and fluttered his eyes back open. With a last glance at the jungle's entrance, he turned around and pushed the button to open the ship.

"To all units aboard ship 'Hellevator' : Departure from Straya 801 estimated in 2 minutes. Put on your gear and get ready to take off," the automatic recording of the ship began.

JYP walked toward the code pit and sat down in the pilot's chair. Next to him, his bird let out an appreciative noise.

"I know, I know, my dear friend," JYP answered the bird, looking out the window with a grin at the beautiful planet. "We're leaving this home in good hands. It is time for us to go back to our former home. Our friends are waiting for us."

With a swipe of his fingers, the hologram from his watch went to the board. The woman in it nodded at him. "A squad will be waiting for you back on Earth and will be escorting you safely to the Ambassade. The Governors and I are looking forward to having you back. We expect you in a few months time, Former Commander JYP. Have a safe trip."

"Thank you, Commander Jung," he saluted. "The sentiment is shared."

The woman saluted him back and the hologram turned off.

JYP felt the engine slowly raising above the tarmac and smiled yet again at the sight before his eyes. The jungle, the facilities... who would have thought that they would become one and the same ground? JYP had fantasized about it, of course, but at the time it did seem impossible. But what was the impossible in the face of feelings ? They do say that love prevails after all.

Nevertheless, what a tale to tell. To think that not only one, but several Humans and Strays fell in love. And managed to overcome their differences and prejudices to work together for a better world. Jisung, Chan, Changbin, Minho, Woojin, Felix, Seungmin, Hyunjin, Jeongin, Yedam, Hyuna, Edawn, Hui, Suzy, CL, Mark, Suhyun, Boa, himself – each of them walked that path so that future generations could run. How crazy was that?

"Yeah," he laughed as the ship began soaring, tender eyes still set onto the diminishing jungle. "That's madness."

If in his own language madness was equal to love, bravery and faith, then he had no doubt that every speech on that planet had the same definition of it. But who cared, after all ? These qualities were not expressed in words but in actions.

And by coming here and meeting with six other kids, three kids set off the beginning of a change.

"Right," he stated fondly. "Straya 801, a planet of total madness."

These kids ? They were Stray Kids.

~~~~~~~~> "Straya 801 – Planet Of Total Madness."  The end.

- Orange

-------------------------------------------------------

AN : So... there it is. This is the end.

I can't even begin to thank all the people that have waited for that last chapter and all of you who took time to discover and read that huge story. It was an honor to have every single one of you as my readers.

I had so much pleasure and fun writing this story, I kinda want to go back to day one haha. It was honestly super hard to write that last chapter bc it felt like I was finaly letting go of my precious treasure. But I know that it will live on in your memories so that makes me very happy. I'm glad that I was able to fufill my promise to all of you.I hope that you liked that last bite of this fanfic and that it was a nice closure ! <3I didn't write that much during these two years away from ao3 and Wattpad but I feel like my writing spirit is coming back. So maybe you will see me around soon with new stories ;).Once again, I thank you for reading this story and sticking around till the end. It means the world to me.

As always, and for the last time here, if you liked it comment, bookmark, leave a kuddo, subscribe or do nothing, from the moment it makes you happy, it makes me happy !

Lots of love,See ya,-Orange.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

100K 2.5K 53
DISCLAIMER: this is the first book ive ever written so its shitty asf. soz 😭 [High school AU] Although Jisung is younger than Minho, he is the one c...
61.3K 1.2K 62
"Fine, if you tell me you hate me, I will leave you alone" "I hate you" "Hmm, do you?" "Yeah, I hate you so fucking much Lee Minho that it's sometime...
50.9K 1.3K 90
Stray Kids is a group of eight. Bang Chan, oldest and leader of the group. Minho, second oldest and cat of the group. Changbin, the third oldest and...
191K 9.1K 58
a gang / mafia au The world has been fading for the last years. The rules disappeared and chaos insurged. From the destroyed city, Stray kids are wor...