The Joys of life

Av Honeybee_mazwide

Life is unpredictable and not very fair to everyone. Things don't always go as planned but they sometimes hap... Mer

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
A/N

39

688 46 3
Av Honeybee_mazwide

[Chapter 39]

Lethokuhle

Today is my graduation day and my grandparents are here, I am so excited and a bit nervous. Aunt Thando won't be able to attend because she is taking care of Lwande so I gave her ticket to Ma'Fez. My grandparents were staying with me in my apartment.

Gogo: "Letho, who's this boy that keeps calling you at night?" I blush. They have only been here for like two days and already she's prying. I also know that she's asking because that loud mouth of mine, Sqalo told her something.

Me: "No one gogo."

Gogo: "You know you have grown now so I won't shout or anything. I am proud of the woman you have grown to be. You are a great mother to your son even though you didn't grow up with a mother but you doing a phenomenal job with him. Today you graduating, you're becoming the doctor you have always wanted to be. I'm so happy to be witnessing this day with you today. I want you to have fun and enjoy today okay, it's all about you and the hardwork you put in your schoolwork. Not many girls are able to continue with school after falling pregnant and having to raise their babies alone. You are a strong woman mntanam. I love you."   She smiles wiping my pouring tears then pulls me in for a tight hug.

Mkhulu: "Your grandmother has said everything,I am also proud of you Thotho. I love you so much." he kisses my head and pulls me to him. We pull out of the hug.

Mkhulu: "Let's go before we get late, traffic is very bad in the afternoon." We follow him out. Sqalo was with Michelle today.

******
"Lethokuhle Khumalo" I nervously walk to the stage. The woman handing me my degree is weirdly looking at me. I take it then proceed to take a picture then walk down the stage.

As we walk out we meet Lizwi standing with a huge smile on his face carrying a bouquet of roses. I blush walking to him, he hugs me tightly inhaling my neck.

Lizwi: "Congratulations baby." he kisses my lips then hands me the roses. I introduce him to my grandparents and father.

Gogo: "You are a very handsome man, you better treat my baby right if you still want to keep that handsomeness, uyangizwa?" I giggle.

Lizwi: "Ngiyezwa mah."

Mkhulu: "It's good to meet you mfana. I hope we don't step on each other's toes." he says with a cold smile shaking his hand.

Lizwi: "I promise to treat her like a queen."

Dad: "You better" I take pictures with everyone then dad and mkhulu move away from us as they speak to Lizwi. I'm now busy taking pictures with Fathima, Lloyiso and Sbu when Lizwi pulls me away from them. I hug him then peck his lips.

Lizwi: "I don't like how that boy is touching you." I laugh.

Me: "He's my friend."

Lizwi: "Whatever. Can I ask you a question baby?" I nod smiling.

Me: "Yes." He takes a step back, pulls his pants up a but then kneels infront of me opening a royal blue small box.

Me: "Aybo wenzani!?!" I asked covered in shock with my hand on my chest.

Lizwi: "I have been fighting myself for months and I have finally gathered enough courage to ask you."

Me: "Enough courage in front of these people Lizwilenkosi?"

Lizwi: "Surprisingly yes. Letho, let me speak please. I love you so much babe and I can't imagine a life without you in my life ever since we met. I know that I would love to grow old with you. I'll save the rest for my vows but please make a man amongst men and marry me."

Me: "yes baby!" I say jumping up and down. He puts the ring on my finger and stands up just as I throw myself in his arms. I pull back and give him a very passionate kiss.

******
We now driving somewhere since Lizwi said he's taking us, graduates out because we deserve it, I mean SEVEN years of science? that's no child's play. Well that's including the 3 years of residency. The three is squashed at the back and i'm sitting at the front because this is my man's car and I just got engaged, hello!

Fathima: "We should go out shopping tomorrow friend!"

Me: "I'm an engaged woman now so I will see." we all laugh.

Lloyiso: "Sisazovelelwa bo!"

Fathima: "Hhayi bandla."

Lizwi: "Leave my woman alone, please." he says chuckling.

Me: "Niyamuzwa uthini ubaby? uthi leave me alone." I say sticking my tongue out at them, they laugh.

Fathima: "Saze sasha." I laugh as he parks the car at the Four Seasons hotel. We all get out of the car, he pecks my lips before taking my hand into his. We walk in and a lady welcomes us before she leads us outside to a garden. As soon as we get to the garden, they scream

"SURPRISE!!!!"

Fathima and I scream jumping up and down then run to our parents arms.

Ma'Fez: "You kids deserve this, y'all worked hard for those degress in hand. I hope y'all continue working harder and get to achieve your goals and dreams." She says holding mine and  Lloyiso's hands. I hug her again kissing her cheek. I go to my sisters and hug them after kissing my baby.

Sqalo: "Khrolenjusis Thotho." I laugh rubbing my nose on his.

Me: "Thank you baby." I wave my hand in my sister's faces, Michelle gasps and starts screaming.

Michelle: "Oh my god!! Congratulations babe." she hugs me tightly.

Amahle: "I'm so happy for you sis, i'm the maid of honour."

Michelle: "Excuse me? who's the older sister?" I leave them arguing before they even involve me. I walk to aunt Thando. She opens her arms and hugs me tightly

Aunt: "I'm so proud of you sis. You deserve this."

Uncle: "Yes, congratulations baby girl and we got you a gift for your hard work." he says handing me a white envelope. I open it and it is a million rand cheque. What?

Me: "No way!"

Aunt: "That is for you to open your own practice. You can buy an old building and renovate it or something babygirl." I sniff wiping my eyes and hug them again.

Me: "Thank you so much."

Uncle: "And congratulations on your engagement." I smile thanking them again then walk back to my man who looks so out of place.

Me: "Why aren't you with the guys?" he smiles.

Lizwi: "Because then I won't be able to do this" he pulls me to him and kisses my lips softly until I moan in his mouth.

Me: "I love you."

Lizwi: "I love you too."

Thoba: "Some of us are single so please have some sympathy." I scream jumping on him as we both laugh. I honestly wasn't expecting him after he claimed to be swamped with work.

Thoba: "B!tch I want to see the rock!" I give him my hand, he gasps fanning his face dramatically.

Me: "Yasss!"

Thoba: "I'm so happy for you friend, you deserve this." He turns to Lizwi who is smiling like a retard.

Thoba: "Hi bhuti. I'm Thoba, this one's brother. I just want to say keep on treating her right or I will have to put my gayness aside and fuck you up and i really would hate to do that cause you cute." I laugh.

Thoba: "Don't laugh, same applies to you. Treat this man right or I will snatch him." he says pointing his manicured finger at me. I love how open he is about himself now.

Me: "Aybo." Lizwi laughs as Thoba walks away from us, swaying his hips side to side.

Dad: "Letho, I want you to meet someone." he says standing in front of me with the woman who handed me my degree and was looking at me weirdly.

Me: "Uh okay?"

Dad: "This is Ayanda Muthombeni." I smile awkwardly and shake her hand when she tries hugging me.

Me: "Hi mam."

Ayanda: "You are so beautiful. Congratulations by the way." I thank her. I notice that we have a few eyes looking at us which is even more weird.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

21.2K 1.2K 20
When he opened the door he didn't imagine she would jump into his arms and cry. He was left dumbfounded by her actions. He thought she would be sassy...
122K 9.8K 52
Trust the timing of everything. Just because it's not happening right now doesn't mean it never will.. Everything will come to you at the.. perfect...
7.3K 295 18
my story is about zulu culture it a culture which is most common in South Africa. I'm going to try and make you all from different countries feel S...