May Soul Dissonance Bow Befor...

By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Dissonance. Defined as a lack of harmony among or between people or things. It can be reduced by changing ex... More

Author's Note & Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179

Chapter 35

1.2K 55 3
By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Grigori chuckled at Raon and his siblings' antics and then returned her attention to the Palantír. She nodded at Naur and the record continued.

Cale could hear Raon's voice in his head. Raon was angry.
- Weak human, do not worry.
'Annoying bastards.'
The secret organization, Arm, and the mermaids were both probably very strong. It would be difficult to go to war against them. However.
- The great Raon will be with you.

Cale at least had a very good sense of Raon, Choi Han, Rosalyn, and all of the others' levels of strength. He quickly formulated a plan. He needed to come up with a plan to protect himself as well as the people around him. That was the only way for his body and mind to be relaxed in the future.

"Rest until we leave."
Cale left the bedroom Ron was in and immediately headed to the video communication room. He needed to head to the North-eastern shoreline. He needed to go to the Ubarr territory.

<Chapter 91: If I have to Move (1)>
A few days later, Cale took in the salty smell as he got off of the carriage. In front of his eyes was the sea that still had a couple whirlpools roaring fiercely.

Cale quietly observed the people gathered in the office once they arrived at the residence.
"It will not be easy this time."
Everybody other than Ron, whom Cale had sent to his room, and Beacrox, who was taking care of Ron, were present. The three children averaging 7-years of age, Choi Han, Rosalyn, Lock, and even Vice Captain Hilsman and the ten Wolf children all quickly arrived in Cale's office.

Cale turned his head toward the soft sound of surprise that escaped TBOAH!Lock at the familiar faces he never thought he'd be able to see again.

Cale had gathered up everyone in his arsenal.

'It's not like I'm going to go destroy a kingdom or something.'

Snickers of amusement were heard from different locations around the hall.

Cale felt like it might be too much, but he didn't have enough information about the enemy. It was better to be over prepared.

Kim Rok Soo nodded in agreement with Cale’s thoughts this time.

Rosalyn looked toward Cale and started to speak.
"Young master Cale, then are we taking a ship to Hais Island?"
"Yes. We will probably go somewhere around Hais Island 5."

Cale's destination was Hais Island 5. It was the fifth island to be discovered, as well as the largest island in the group. It was also the closest island to the Western Continent, making it possible to travel by ship easily. That was why even Ron could go with them.

"I heard that there is a mermaid base on the island."
"It is weird that they have a base on top of an island."
"That is why it is probably one of Arm's bases. This is why our first destination..." Cale had already decided where they would go. "Will be Hais Island 12.
Hais Island 12 was a very small island that was the twelfth to be discovered. It was the closest island to Hais Island 5.

<Chapter 92: If I have to Move (2)>
"Archie, thanks in advance."
Cale patted Archie's shoulder and started to smile. Archie felt like Cale was mocking him. At that moment, Archie could hear Paseton starting to speak once again.
"Ah, for your information, the two of you will have to pull the medium-sized ship as well. It has some magic in it, so we just need to tie it to you. We didn't get any crew members."
"...Why should I deal with such crap!"
"My father said to do anything and everything."
Archie shut up after hearing Paseton's answer. The Whale King was extremely sensitive these days from fighting against the mermaids, so he might really get beaten to death if he made a wrong move.
"Damn it!"

Archie looked up at the sky and started to swear. Cale stood there and patted Archie's back.
"I will be on your back, so please swim safely."
Archie had become a living taxi.

TBOAH!Archie glared in pointed outrage at what he perceived as a gross insult, however TCF!Archie, who by now knew better, deemed it unnecessary to respond to his counterpart's offended glare.

Cale observed the night sea while listening to the splashing of water. It was comfortable on the Killer Whale's back. Raon tapped on the Killer Whale's back. On and Hong were next to Ron on the ship because they were saying that they were scared of the water. However, they also wanted to be near Ron because they seemed to worry about Ron even more than Cale did.
"Human, the Whale's back is slippery."
"It's supposed to be that way."
"I see."
Raon had a blank expression as he laid down on the Killer Whale's back like Cale. Archie, who was known as the strongest Killer Whale, was larger than most Killer Whales.

It was very fast.

TCF!Archie felt a strange warmth tickle at his ego and so he sat back and smiled to himself. TBOAH!Archie rolled his eyes, but a single glance toward Paseton, alive and healthy, was enough to silence him.

Cale looked at the other Killer Whale's back. Rosalyn and Choi Han were sitting there with odd expressions on their faces, while the seasick Hilsman was busy covering his mouth with his hands. Cale turned away from all three of them because they seemed uncomfortable and instead started to observe the night sky, as well as the shining stars. He then started to think.
'It should be okay to destroy one island, right?'

TBOAH!Zed and TCF!Zed blanched, while TBOAH!Alberu inelegantly choked on fresh air and TBOAH!Choi Han spluttered and protested, turning to TBOAH!Rosalyn for her backup. However, TBOAH!Rosalyn had been rendered speechless.

Cale enjoyed the peaceful scenery as they arrived at Hais Island 1. It was because Hais Island 12 was close to Arm's base on Hais Island 5. They didn't want the Whales to be seen. That was why they came to Hais Island 1 first and would then move to Hais Island 12.
"I will go get my noonim."
Paseton had a stiff expression as he reported to Cale that he would return with his sister. Cale had informed Paseton on their way over that the people helping the mermaids were a large organization that even had the balls to lead the Plaza Terror Incident in the Roan Kingdom's capital.
"Sure, make it fast."
"Yes sir. Hais Island 1 is part of the Whale territory, so the mermaids will not come."
"Alright."

Paseton bowed before quickly leaving the island. Archie and his subordinate did not even look back as they followed behind Paseton.
"Young master-nim, should I set up the tents?"
"Yes. Move Ron once you are done."
"Yes sir." The Wolf, Maes, answered confidently before heading over to Lock and Hilsman. Lock, the Wolf King's successor, was currently patting Hilsman's back. Hilsman was busy vomiting from being seasick.

Soon enough, Rosalyn, Maes, and the rest set up a couple tents near Hais Island 1's coast. Naturally, Cale did not help and simply watched them do all the work. Choi Han was standing in front of Cale because Cale had called him over.
"Choi Han."
"Yes, Cale-nim."
"I think it is better to be selfish than allow any of our people to get hurt."
Cale's goal was to quietly get out without getting hurt from the Whales' battle with the mermaids.

"But there is something we must do this time. You remember the mage from the Plaza Terror Incident?"
Choi Han's expression stiffened up. The blood crazy mage, Redika. Choi Han had cut his arm off.
Cale quietly whispered to Choi Han.
"He is the only one who managed to see Ron's face. There are two things that I believe are most important in this operation."
Choi Han made eye contact with Cale.
"First is to cure Ron of the mermaid poison and second is to get rid of any potential threat to Ron or any of us in the future. You understand what I mean?"
Choi Han answered without any hesitation.
"I will either destroy that mage's other eye or kill him." He then added on. "Beacrox will want to do it, but I think it is better for me to do it. He is currently too emotional to be rational."

TCF!Beacrox scowled, but he knew Choi Han was right. TBOAH!Beacrox did not share TCF!Beacrox's experiences and knowledge, so he scoffed and scowled, but TCF!Beacrox said nothing to correct him.

Choi Han knew exactly what he had to do. Ron ended up that way because he did not manage to kill Redika last time. He had no qualms about killing people anymore. It wasn't that it pained him to do so, but it didn't matter if those bastards died, no, it would be better if those bastards were dead.
"No, there is no need to overdo it and kill him. I don't have any thoughts about dirtying our hands."
"It will not be very difficult."
Cale knew that Choi Han was a good person, but that he had no qualms about killing. However, Cale did not want to put any blood on his hands if possible. He didn't care if that was unfair.

The people closest to Cale all smiled with tender melancholy. After all the time they'd spent with him, how could they not know him by now? They knew Cale was someone who believed that as long as they were safe, he could do and accomplish whatever he needed, no matter how much it hurt him, just as long as they were all safe.

It was at that moment. Cale heard a loud splashing noise. Cale closed his mouth as a bloody scent filled his nose. He turned his head toward the water.
"Wow."
The large Humpback Whale, Witira, the future Queen of the Whales. She was covered in blood. She seemed to have been fighting against the mermaids using her blood.

TCF!Witira smiled viciously as she straightened her back and sat proudly beside her father and brother.

"Young master Cale, nice to see you again."
However, her voice was still very calm. At that moment, Raon started to speak in Cale's mind.
- I am great and mighty, so I do not want to use blood like that! And you definitely cannot do that!
Raon was very adamant.
- Human, hurry up and give me the Magic Stones. I will make even a hundred Magic Bombs if you want!

"Choi Han." Cale walked toward Witira as he spoke in a quiet voice that only Choi Han could hear. It was a task for a few people. "Aren't you good at stealth?"

The name of the plan was, 'Reflection.' Return everything they received. There was nothing worse or more annoying than having the same thing you did being done to you.

"Donsaeng, were you reflecting what happened in the plaza?" TCF!Alberu asked with a viciously bright smile upon his face. A matching smile appeared across Cale's face.
"But of course, there's that too, Hyung. Why should they be the only ones leaving bombs around?" Cale asked with an unnecessary amount of glibness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 83 5
Agrona Vritra desired to bring power from one of the numberless world's he saw through fate rune's power.... Yet in arrogance he didn't heed the w...
172K 7.6K 38
Wherein the God of Creation needed the God of Death's help to save the world he's overseeing. The God of Creation's follower, his creation, Leonier...
3.9K 565 59
The secondborn of the well-known tycoons and a masterwork beholden throughout her life. Kim Jangmi, a creation beyond its form and a destruction dres...
63.1K 3.8K 16
The war with the White Star had finally ended and Cale is living his slacker life at its best along with a little farming here and there. Cale is con...