Belonging

By ih8nuts

Victoria Wilson had always been the freak of the school. Picked on by senior and junior alike, by managing to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Not really an update

Chapter 9

11K 501 54
By ih8nuts

Recap:

By then she had already lost all track of time, and was glad for the tendrils of sleep wrapping themselves around her, offering a much needed escape from reality. As she finally succumbed to the bliss of oblivion she vaguely remembered the sound of a door opening and herself being carried to a different room and placed down on an all too soft mattress. A feather light kiss was placed onto her forehead followed by a loving caress across her cheek.

"Sleep well, my queen." A vaguely familiar voice awhispered before she slipped completely into the clutches of sleep.

Chapter 9

The chirping of birds intruded upon the dreamless sleep Victoria had been peacefully enjoying. Letting out a discontented sigh, she groggily got up and slid out of bed, about to get ready for the day. Once clad in college-appropriate clothing, she glanced at the clock, her eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets as she saw she had missed her first class of the day.

What happened to my alarm? Why didn't it ring?

Perplexed, she bolted down the stairs and ran into the kitchen intent on grabbing something light and simple to munch on the way to college. Spotting all of her guards gathered about the counter enjoying a luxurious breakfast she slid to a halt.

"Why didn't you wake me? It's already ten, I missed my first class." She grumbled as she searched the refrigerator for a simple snack.

"About that...boss's orders are that you are not to leave the house until he says otherwise." Gabriel sighed.

"W-what?" Unable to comprehend what Gabriel had just informed her, Victoria stumbled to a chair and unsteadily lowered herself into it.

He's stopped me from going to college? He knew how much it meant to me, how could he do this?

Dread pooled in her stomach, it was entirely possible that Clayton may never allow her to go to college again. Considering the fact that she was entirely at his mercy she was in no position to demand that he comply with her wishes and send her to college. Sure he may state that he cared about her, but that didn't mean she had any actual deciding power.

"Where is Clayton?" She could barely even recognise her own voice.

"In his office." Gabriel informed her, motioning to James he spoke, "James, escort her to the office."

Taking her elbow in a gentle yet firm grip, James led her into the maze of corridors of Clayton's house. Minutes later, Victoria found herself standing outside a large wooden door. James knocked on the door and stuck his head inside, conversing with the occupant of the room. Pulling back he gently nudged her forward, holding the door open for her.

"Boss will see you now." He informed her.

Smiling at James in gratitude, Victoria shuffled into the room and closed the door behind her. Trepidation crawled up her spine, who knew what the outcome of this conversation would be?

Seated at the opposite end of the room behind an imposing desk with a large black chair behind it, and two chairs placed in front of it, sat the majestic figure of Clayton; the owner of her life. Hands clasped in front of him, he gazed calmly at her, eyes not betraying a sliver of emotion, he emitted as much warmth as a marble slab. Taking a deep breath, Victoria shuffled forward till she reached the chairs in front of his desk.

"Clayton?" She whispered.

"Yes?" He spoke, voice low and controlled.

Eyes trained on her, he regarded her as a wolf does his prey. Motioning at her to take a seat, he leaned back into his chair, inclining his head as indication for her to continue.

"I h-have co-come to talk to y-y-you about the ban y-you've put on my going-g to c-college." To her horror, Victoria found herself stuttering in nervousness due to the suddenly icy cold man in front of her.

Never before had she been exposed to this side of Clayton's personality, he had always been gentle and understanding toward her.

"Have you now? Do tell, what do you have to say about that?" He spoke, no emotion in his voice.

"You k-know how m-much college me-means to me." Victoria tried to build her case, even though she knew it would be to no avail.

"You knew how private a person I am, yet you make a fool of me in public." He responded. He was calm, too calm.

"I-I didn't mean-" Victoria tried to reason, but found herself cut off.

"You sealed your fate when you behaved so. I am a tolerant man, I have treated you like a queen." He responded.

"Clayton i-" She started to explain.

Abruptly Clayton rose and circled around the desk, took ahold of Victoria's arm before she could escape and pulled her along with him as he returned to his seat. A gentle pull brought an already off balance Victoria tumbling onto his lap. Slipping his arms about her waist, Clayton held her lithe form tightly, unwilling to relinquish his hold.

"My decision is final Victoria. You disobeyed me, publicly. Created a scene. Embarrassed me." He sternly spoke. "I have merely confined you to the house, if there were any other man you would've been beaten black and blue."

Lowering her head in shame, she hung her head as the repercussions of her rash actions hit her in the face repetitively. Letting out a sigh, Clayton guided her head to his chest, resting it against the hard muscle. She unknowingly curled up into his large, muscular frame and clutched at his shirt.

A sense of tranquility and content soared within her heart as she realised that not only was she the one at fault for this entire scenario, but Clayton was actually comforting her. Whereas he could've killed her or tortured her if he so desired.

"B-but co-college is-" Victoria protested one last time, only to find herself cut off again.

"My decision is final. You will not return to college till I deem it to be right."

"Clayton please." Victoria whispered.

Silent tears rolled down her cheeks as she watched her only outlet to the world being snatched away from her, all because of her own stupidity. She knew that going to college was her only link to the outside world, confined to the house wouldn't be torturous for an introverted soul like hers, but she needed to be free of the restraints placed upon her.

"Listen to me and I might allow you to return to college." He eventually sighed.

Knowing in her heart that this was the best she would get, she went limp in his arms, too disheartened to protest or do anything. He cooed nothing's into her ear as he stroked her back gently. Thrilled to be able to be a source of comfort and help for the woman in his arms.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry." Victoria whispered into his chest, sending a burst of emotions coursing through his system.

"As you should be." Clayton eventually managed to respond through the onslaught of emotions raging through his mind.

Clayton suddenly felt like a complete lecher, taking an innocent soul and claiming her as his, regardless of her wishes and desires. But now he could no more return her to her life as he could cut off his own foot. She was now entirely and completely his. What may have started out as a half-brained idea had transformed to be one of the best things that had ever happened to him. He may regret the way he took her, but he would never regret the fact that he had actually done it.

After all, what was life without someone to call his own? It was just blasted good luck that he got a gem like Victoria to belong to him.

"I would like to make it up to you." She spoke into his chest once more.

Another wave of emotions surged through him at her innocent words and he tightened his hold on her slim body, crushing her to him. Slipping a hand into her soft, silky hair he gently lifted her head up to face his. Without a moment to reconsider, he lowered his head and claimed her lips. A kiss that conveyed an innocent expression of emotion that couldn't be put into words.

What most people and he himself have failed to realise is that a person belongs to you as much you belong to them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

909 49 20
A tale of two sorrowful souls who crossed paths due to a trivial coincidence. His eyes will forever ravish her, his lips will leave eternal marks an...
29.5M 873K 71
He tips my head toward his with his index finger, keeping my eyes trained on him and driving me crazy with the primal look on his face. His grey eyes...
1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
31.1K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...