Casual Affair (Niall Fanfic)

By niall1D2013

Niall Horan, famous song writer/party boy, finds his image being portrayed terribly by media and is determine... More

*Authors Note*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
I'm OLD!
Playlist!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Ask me questions
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Update: Nov 6, 2018
Long time, no see

Chapter 29

2K 33 4
By niall1D2013

The next few days, they spent it doing interviews in New York City. The 4th day of being in America, they went to San Francisco, California. Niall has a big interview with a music critique.

"I think you'll do fine," Ella says as she fixes his hair. "You look absolutely cute."

"Oh shush." He says and checks his phone. "We got 5 minutes."

Ella looks around the hotel room where the interview will be held. Camera crew getting everything ready and make up artist. They will only stay the night here then off to their final destination, Los Angeles.

"So, remember everything louis told you."

Niall lifts his face as the make up artist puts some final touches on his cheeks.

"Yes, yes I know." He says and reaches out for Ella's hand.

She reaches out and grabs it. He squeezes it tightly and kisses her knuckles. "Here, how about you go to the bedroom? So that way you can't distract me."

She rolls her eyes and lightly shakes her head. "You meany! But yes, of course I will. Okay, I'll see you in a few minutes then in the bedroom?"

He smiles and nods. "Yes after everyone leaves."

She waits for the make up artist to finish on Niall before she kisses his cheek. "Good luck."

He turns his head and quickly kisses Ella. "Thank you."

----------------------

"Interesting," Ella says to herself. As she scrolls through her news feed on Twitter, she sees there has been talk of Katy's single. Most of it has been great reviews. However, most of them are how many people believe the song is about Ella.

She can hear Niall laughing from the living room. She smiles at the thought of him telling a funny story.

"Let's see, what I can tweet." She looks around the large bedroom. Nothing really interesting that she can edit.

She exits the app and decides to take a quick shower. Niall said earlier he has plans to take her out for dinner.

She grabs her stuff from the luggage and head to the bathroom.

-------------

After the interview, Niall thanked the interviewer and crew. The interview went great. He answered all the questions about his music honestly. Not once did they ask about his personal life.

After they left, Niall unbuttons his shirt and walks to the bedroom.

"Ella," he yells out. "They are gone!"

He opens the door and sees Ella blow drying her hair in front of a mirror.

"Hi," she yells over the sound of the blow dryer. She quickly turns it off and runs her fingers through her hair. "How was it?"

"Pretty awesome!" He smiles. "They were very nice and didn't harass me. They asked all about my music career. I answered them honestly. I'd say it was good. Then I took some photos."

"That's great." She turns to him and finds him unbuttoning his shirt. "I thought we were going out?"

"Yeah, but this shirt is a bit too much for me. Plus I need to shower," he shrugs off the shirt and grabs his toiletries. "I'll be out in a few minutes. Do you want to go somewhere fancy or casual?"

"Casual if you don't mind. I'm not in the mood to dress up." She laughs and starts braiding her hair into a fishtail.

"That's fine," he says and heads off the bathroom.

Ella finishes braiding her hair and searches for a cute shirt to wear. The least she can do is look cute. She decides on wearing a lavender v-neck shirt and black skinny jeans. She pairs them off with her white converse and an owl necklace.
She saunters over to the mirror and puts on eye liner and mascara to finalize the outfit.

As she puts away her make up bag, her phone starts ringing. She looks at the caller ID and sees it's louis.

"Hey lou, what's up?"

"Hey! Not much. Just want to check up on y'all. How are you?"

"I'm good. Niall is in the shower. We're going on a casual date."

"Great, listen, I need to talk to you alone. I know I haven't really told you how much I appreciate you."

"Oh c'mon Louis, you don-"

"Shush and listen," he interrupts. "I appreciate you doing this. I really do. I am so...shocked at how well this has turned out. Not only did you fool everyone, but you made him fall in love."

"He's not in love," Ella blinks and coughs. "He doesn't love me."

"Bullcrap! Yes he does, he just doesn't want to say it. He probably is too scared to say it first. I know he loves you. He looks at you in the most fondest way. He talks so highly and proudly of you. He is genuinely happy with you. And plus," Louis grins. "I know you love him too."

"Wait, no I don't? I mean yes I have really, really strange feelings. But...love?"

"Ella, listen, do you get happy when you see him after being on the road?"

"Yes."

"Does he make you get butterflies when he kisses you?"

"I....um, yes."

"Have you thought about your future and see him in it?"

"No, I have-"

"Don't lie to me."

She sighs and looks down at her lap. "Yes."

"Do you love him?"

"I...I....don't know..."

"Yes you do." Louis sips something. "I know all about love since I myself am in love."

She rolls her eyes. "Yes I know, but-"

"Do you think you're not good enough for him?" Louis asks.

"Well, honestly, yes. He's been...his past relationships. Those girls were rich and A-List. I'm just a regular girl who graduated university in Theater. I work a floral shop and I'm-"

"In love with Niall Horan." Louis smirks and chuckles into the phone. "Niall never cared about those girls. He doesn't know what true love is. He is most likely scared. He won't tell you first until he knows for sure you love him back. However, you must come to your senses that you DO love him. And that you are enough for him."

Ella closes her eyes and lays down on the bed. "Okay, let's say one day I do come to my senses or whatever. How in the world am I going to tell him?"

"I don't know, that's for you to figure out. But you must realize your true feelings for him. I know it can be scary, but trust me, it'll be worth it. He loves you Ella, I know he does."

She rubs her forehead. "I don't know Louis. But like-" suddenly she hears the shower turn off. "Shit, I gotta go. He's out of the shower."

"Okay, just think about what we talked about."

"I will."

"And Ella," Louis says seriously. "Please realize that you are good enough."

He hangs up before she could reply. Ella presses the "End" button and sets the phone on the night stand.

She hears the bathroom door open. She looks over and finds Niall dressed in blue jeans and a gray Vans shirt.

He rubs his hair with a white towel and walks into the room. "Hello there."

She sits up and smiles softly at him. "Hi, nice shower?"

"Yes," he replies and continues to dry his hair. "Just let me get my shoes on and we'll be on our way."

She nods and stands up. Walking over to her luggage, she decides to grab a black cardigan. "Do you think we can go to a pub?"

"A pub?" He raises an eyebrow. "Sure, if you'd like. Any preference?"

"No," she says quickly. "Anything is fine."

He removes the towel from his hair and quickly runs his hand through it. "No problem." He grabs his shoes and slides them on. "Ready?"

"Yes," she grabs her phone and shoves it into her back pocket. "Let's go."

----------

It was almost midnight and they were still at the pub. Niall watches as Ella drinks shots after shots. He can tell by her slurred voice that she is drunk.

"Hey," he says into her ear over the loud music. "Maybe we should leave."

Ella giggles drunkly and shakes her head. "Nooo, I'm not sleepy."

He grabs her arm and squeezes. "C'mon Ella, it's getting late."

"Don't be such a...." She pokes his chest with a shaking finger. "Grandpa."

He rolls his eyes and sees the waitress coming towards them. He holds his hand up and shakes his head. She nods and turns back around.

Ella leans against him and grabs his shirt. "Yoouuu, heh, are so cute when-when you're angrryyyyy."

"Thanks. Now can we go?"

"Noooo," she whines. "Let's go-d-danceeee."

"No," he says sternly and runs a hand through his hair. "Ella, we must go. Now."

"No!" She yells and punches his shoulder. "No! I want to dance!"

"Ella," he says, trying to stay calm. "Let's go, please?"

She looks at him, drunken eyes, and shakes her head slowly. "No."

He presses his lips into a firm line and breathes in. "All right. Then you can go dance by yourself."

"You're so....so fucking ru-rude!" She stutters and tries to stand up only to fall back down.

"Ella, look at yourself! You're drunk as fuck! I don't know why I agreed to bringing you here." He growls and grabs her hands. "Let's go."

He stands up and tries to bring her into her feet. She wobbles and grips his arm. "Don't touch me!"

He ignores her and wraps an arm around her, supporting her. He leaves a hefty tip on the table and starts making his way through the crowd. Although they were sat in the VIP section, people still huddled around.

Ella groans. "Niall, please."

He bumps shoulders and says 'excuse me' to the people. He did get a couple of stares.

When they got to the back door exit, Ella starts dozing off.

"Ella," Niall says, patting her cheek. "Wake up."

She lays her head on his shoulder. "Nooo."

"Do you need a cab sir?" asks the door hopper. "Or did you drive?"

"A cab please. And quick, she's gonna pass out any second."

He shifts so Ella's frontal is against his chest, her head buried in his shoulder. He wraps his arms around her tightly and watches as the man calls someone.

"They'll be here shortly." He replies. "Do you need help?"

"Thank you, but no I'm fine." He can feel Ella's body relax. Before she could fall asleep, the cab comes up. He carefully sits Ella inside and rushes over to the other side of the cab. He lets Ella lean against him.

"Where to sir?" asks the driver.

"Just a few blocks away." Niall says and gives the man the hotel address.

Ella immediately falls asleep and hangs her mouth open. Niall sighs impatiently but kisses her head softly.

He thinks to himself, "How in the world am I going to get you to the room?"

-------------

Ella finds herself half hanging on the bed. She tries to blink her eyes open but a ringing headache starts. She groans and rubs her forehead.

"What the fu-" she mumbles and senses a movement beside her.

"Hi," niall says, sounding amused. "How did you sleep?"

Ella groans again, only louder, and covers her face with her hands. "What happened?"

"Well," Niall starts. "You got super drunk, I carried you out since you couldn't walk, passed out in the cab, and I literally dragged you into the hotel. Then I accidentally hit your head on the wall. Oops. And welllll, let's say you were knocked out."

"Seriously?" She says softly. "Fucking serious?"

"Hell yeah. You got so drunk last night. I've never seen you drunk. Why did you get so drunk?"

"I've just felt like it," she shrugs and tries to sit up. "I just needed to clear my head."

"Now, your head isn't  clear at all. I bet it's hurting right now."

She sits up and rubs her eyes. "Sorry for getting drunk."

"It's okay," he rubs her back gently. "I'm just glad your here with me so I can care for you."

She smiles softly at him, eyes still heavy with sleep. "You're too sweet."

He kisses her head. "Always for you. Except for when you're being an arse."

She rolls her eyes and yawns deeply. "If I wasn't so tired, I would punch your shoulder."

"Do you want me to make breakfast?" He whispers and brushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

"No, thanks though." She lays back down. "I think I need more sleep."

"Okay, go back to sleep. I'm going to make some phone calls. If you need anything, holler at me." He leans down and kisses her head. "Okay?"

"Okay," she mumbles and closes her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

He scoots off the bed and stands up. He grabs his shirt from the floor and puts it away. He grabs his toiletries  and walks towards the bathroom.

"Might as well take a bath."

-----------

Niall hangs up from his phone call and scratches his eyes. He just got off the phone with Julian, his right handed man when it comes to song writing. Julian just told him that he needs his help back home for a song for Michael Bublé.

He stretches and lays down on the grand leather couch. He closes his eyes and let's out a deep sigh. He feels his phone vibrate on his chest. He picks it up and sees it's a text from Ella.

"Is there any orange juice in the fridge? I feel sick to my stomach :("

He stands up and walks over to the small kitchen. He opens the fridge and finds a small bottle of orange juice. He grabs it and walks to the bedroom.

He knocks on the door. "I got your juice."

"Come in!"

He opens the door slowly and sees Ella sitting up in bed. She rubs her eyes. "Ugh, I'm never getting drunk again."

He hands her the orange juice and kisses her forehead. "Do you need a cuddle?"

She takes the juice from him and twists it open. "I would love a cuddle, but I feel so nauseous."

She takes a sip and wipes her mouth. "I need to talk to you about your birthday."

"Oh?" He sits down on the bed. "What about it?"

"I've got louis to make the entire day off. However, he said we'll have to leave in the morning to Sacramento, California. So basically an entire day. I was wondering if you'd like to spend it on the beach??"

He smiles big and nods his head. "Yes! That would be awesome!!"

She smiles back and reaches over to grab his hand. "Great. Now, we only have 2 days left until your birthday. Think we can find a swim shop to buy swimwear?"

"Of course." He squeezes her hand. "Not a problem. We can go now? I mean, if you're up for it?"

"Yeah, just give me some pills and water." She laughs and rubs her forehead. "I should be good by then."

------------------------

The next day, they travelled to San Diego. Niall had big meeting with Rolling Stone Magazine.

"So, you're pretty much going to be in a small conference room and answering questions?" Ella asks as she fixes her hair. "In a hotel?"

"Yep, apparently," Niall flips through emails on his iPhone. "I would've thought they'd do something more professional. But hey, it's still Rolling Stone. "

"True," she pins back her loose strands. "How come Louis never tells these details?"

"Maybe he didn't even know." Niall types away. "Or he probably forgot."

"Okay, well, I'm going to take a small nap. This traffic is killer!"

---------

Niall sits down on a couch, opposite of the interviewer. He fixes his blazer and wipes his hands on his pants.

"So, ready to answer these questions?" The interviewer asks. "It won't take that long."

He nods and gets comfortable. "Let's go."

They pull out a small tape recorder from their pocket and turns it on. "In case I need to quote."

He nods again. "That's fine."

"Okay, so, Niall, how are you today?"

"I'm doing well, thank you for asking."

"You're here today to talk about Katy Perry's new single, "Casual Affair." I heard it so many times and I love it. However, the lyrics are quite confusing...mysterious. Could you briefly tell us the main idea?"

"Basically, it's about liking someone, but...you're just not ready....however you don't want to be unfaithful, you know? It's sort of hard to explain." Niall laughs.

The interviewer laughs along and nods. "Yes, I see that. Can you tell us how awesome it is for Katy Perry to perform your song and yet have it as her single."

"It's awesome! There are no words to describe how grateful I am. Katy is an awesome artist and did the song justice!"

The interview goes on for another 30 minutes.
---------------

Ella scrolls through her phone as she waits in a hotel room. Niall is still in the interview and they sent her to the room in the meantime with a guard.

She taps on the Twitter app and skins through her timeline. Not much is happening, besides fans freaking out over Niall's birthday.

She takes a sip of champagne they left for her and smiles as the tweets. Suddenly, she hears the door creak open.

Looking up, she sees the guard coming inside. "Ma'am, the interview is done. We should get going now so you two can be on your way to the next destination."

She nods and sets the glass down. "Okay, let's go then."

---------

Once in the SUV, Niall starts telling Ella about the interview. She listens and watches as his voice gets more animated.

"They actually asked about music, my music, not Katy's...not anyone else's. That was so strange but it felt good." He says, hands gesturing. "Overall it went good."

"That's great to hear, love." She smiles and pinches his cheek. "You're so cute when you get so happy."

He slaps her hands away. "Whatever!"

She smirks and grabs his knee. "So your birthday is tomorrow. I hope you don't mind doing much. I bet you can use a day of relaxation."

"Honestly yeah, we've been busy with interviews." He nods and looks at her. "Are we leaving tomorrow?"

"Actually," she grins slowly. "We're on our way there."

"What?!" His eyes goes wide. "I thought it was the morning!"

"Nah, I told them to take us tonight. They already have our luggage there. I sent people to pick it up and take it there."

He kisses her cheek. "Thank you."

"Not a problem. You always take me places and surprises, it's my turn." She leans against him and rests her head on his shoulder. "Thought it would be nice. Tonight we can relax and chill. And tomorrow we can go to the private beach and have a total relaxation day."

"That sounds good," he wraps his arm around her.

He watches out the window and looks at the landscape roll by. He can't help but feel at home with his arm wrapped around her.

------------------

Please leave a comment and like! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
248K 779 27
One Direction Imagines with Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn, and Louis. All take place before Zayn left the band. Range from Dirty to Sweet. I am not the cr...
6.5K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
117K 7.3K 27
It was an illusion... Zayn Malik believed he met his forever and lost his always. This was only a trick his mind had been playing on him. He couldn't...