Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 50

3.6K 222 28
By terasomdi

"Yes baby. I need to use the restroom. Please excuse me" she said.

"But we just got here...?" I muttered to her.

Freen smiled and walked to me. She kissed me on the forehead and on the lips before leaving to the bathroom. Well, it's awkward how she left. I let out a sigh and sipped my drink.

After a minute, I heard a footstep like someone walking to me. It's probably Freen. She's already out of the bathroom? That was fast.

"Baby you're back already?" I said and turned quickly.

But that wasn't Freen. I froze when I saw him. My dad? My dad is here? Like how? How did he find me? He's wearing a black suit and he looks so stressed. In a second he started walking more closer to me.

"Becky..." He muttered weakly.

How the hell is he here right now and where is Freen? Did Freen plan this? She arranged this meeting for my dad? Gosh I can't believe she could do such a thing.

"Beck.." my dad muttered again while trying to touch me.

"Do not touch me" I said and pulled back.

Silence

None of us said something to each other. I really don't want to talk to him. He kept opening his mouth to say something but nothing was coming out. He is nervous. I know he is. I can tell from the way his hands are slightly shaking.

"I know I have wronged you so much and you don't wish to see me ever again Becky, but please give me some minutes to say what I came to say" he said.

"There's nothing you will say that will make me change my mind"

"I am not asking you to change your mind.."

Silence

"All I am asking is for you to hear me out" he said and I looked at him.

"please" he muttered.

I let out a sigh and sat back on the chair with my hands on the table. My dad is so manipulative, therefore, I won't give him that room to get into my head the way he did to Freen.

He sat on the seat directly opposite me. He dropped his glasses on the table and looked worriedly at me.

"Becky I am sorry" he said.

"I am sorry for everything I did wrong. For hurting you deeply. For not considering your feelings, for all the emotional pains I have caused you" he said.

"Are you sorry for faking my death as well?" I asked sternly and he paused.

"Are you sorry for consistently choosing the company over me. For torturing me emotionally and threatening to take Freen's life if I don't get married to Jane?" I asked.

"Becky?"

"You can get into Freen but you can't get in my head. Because I know all your tricks. I know there's a hidden motive behind wanting me back. You want to use me as you have always done"

"You are getting it all wrong Becky. I don't want the company. I want you back. I want you back home because the house feels lonely without you" he said with a shaky voice.

I was silent. Maybe because of how emotional he is sounding now. As if he is broken inside. I haven't seen my dad this emotional before. Fuck! I can't believe he's getting into me as well.

"I can start a new business once the investigation is over and my accounts restrictions lifted, but it won't make any sense to me without you. I love you so much. You are my daughter...."

"I doubt that" I muttered and looked away.

"We haven't slept nor had any peace since you left Becky. We are worried about you. Your mother is worried...."

"Can you stop bringing her into this?"

"What else am I supposed to do Becky? You hate me, she hates me, everybody hates me!" He said while letting go of his tears.

Silence

"Your mum ran away from home because she hated me. I haven't moved on from that, now you left home too? My selfishness has brought nothing but pain to me. I realized that too late.." He paused

"If you can, please forgive me and come back home. I promise to make everything up to you" he said weakly.

It's my first time of seeing my dad in tears. That melted my heart completely. All my anger left me in an instant. Maybe he really meant everything he has said to me.

"I will make it up to you." He continued.

"You are not gonna decide my life anymore?" I asked holding back my tears and he nodded.

"You won't tell me who to be with?" I said and he looked at me.

"You have to promise me" I added.

"I promise. So please... Come home to us!" He said with tears.

"Dad" I cried and ran into his arms.

I can't remember the last time I hugged my dad like this. We have never had such a heartwarming conversation before as long as I remember. I miss the dad I used to know when I was still a child. He was so soft and loving.

But everything changed when my mum left us. It was as if our world crumbled. He became so difficult after she left us.

Leaving him too must have triggered those moments. It was difficult for us all. Maybe the experience made him never believed in love. It was hard but I also understand why mum left. I wouldn't have stayed if I were her. She made the right decision by choosing her sanity first.

"I have missed you so much" he said while hugging me tightly.

"I am so sorry dad" I cried.

"It's okay my baby girl" he said as he stroked my back.

We stayed like that for a while not wanting to part us until someone cleared her throat behind me. I dried my tears quickly and turned to her.

Freen picked up her purse from the table and smiled at me. I think she was watching us from afar and came forward when she saw I already made peace with my dad. She has her purse with her which means she wants to go. The date is between my dad and I afterall.

She smiled at me again before turning to leave the garden. Freen has done so much for me already. I owe her a proper 'thank you'. I should thank her for all these.

"Hold on dad" I said to my dad and ran after her.

"Babe!!" I called just when she was about leaving the premises to the parking lot and she stopped.

I ran to her and hugged her so tightly. I know my dad can see us. Infact I love that he is watching us right now. You have no idea how much I have waited to show my affection in his presence.

"I am so proud of you" she said while stoking my back.

"Thank you so much" I said with tears in my eyes.

Freen cupped my cheeks and started drying my tears. In an instant I pulled her closer and locked our lips. She seemed shocked over that and a little uncomfortable since my dad is here and probably looking at us right now. But I didn't stop kissing her until she finally picked up some courage and kissed me back so passionately.

"I will see you tomorrow" she said still cupping my cheeks.

"Promise you will be home early from the office. I have to see you before leaving to the mansion" I said and she smiled.

"I promise sweetheart" she said.

She gave me a quick kiss before leaving. I will be going to the house tomorrow to get my things back to the mansion. I inhaled and exhaled happily before turning to my dad. I  have this joy and peace inside that I haven't felt for a long time. 

I walked back to my dad and after spending some quality time with him in the garden and talking with my mum and Richie over the phone, we decided to go home. To the mansion actually. My dad didn't say a word about my relationship with Freen which is good anyways. I mean he saw us kissing and didn't get angry over it. That's typically the opposite of my dad I used to know. It's a good sign that things will get better with time.

"Thank you for coming back home. I am so happy to have you back" He said with a smile on his face.

I smiled back and started walking upstairs but suddenly stopped and turned to him.

"Dad I..." I stuttered.

I don't know if he is completely okay with Freen and I being a couple. I really pray we can put aside our differences and accept who we really are. I really hope he can accept Freen for me.

"Freen and I ..." I paused

"I saw you kissing. Of course I know you are back together" he said

"Are you okay with that?" I asked and he smiled.

"You must be really exhausted my dear. Go now. Go have some rest. I will see you tomorrow." He said

I smiled and got upstairs to my room. I got a message from Freen that she was already home. I replied with a selfie showing I got home safely too before getting in the bathroom. After taking a warm shower and putting on my nightwear, I spread myself on the bed and dozed off.

...................................................

"Thank you so much for coming to see me Miss. Sarocha" Mr. Armstrong said as I walked into this private room.

"Please have a seat" he added while signalling me to sit.

I thanked him and sat on the empty chair opposite him. It's the first time I am meeting with him after that night he reconciled with Becky. It's almost a month now and it's been good so far according to the report I get from her.

He has been busy meeting prominent people to partner with him for the new business he wishes to launch as soon as his accounts get activated. It's safe to say he was actually only interested in his daughter and nothing more.

"You did so much for me by helping us with Becky. I really appreciate you for that" he said.

"It's nothing Mr. Armstrong. I did what I had to do" I responded quickly.

"I haven't properly thanked you for that yet"

"Becky is happy being back home. Seeing her happy is enough for me. There's no other thing I want than that" I said and he puzzled.

"Allow me to buy you a drink Miss Sarocha" he said trying to call attention of the waiter.

"Maybe some other time Mr. Armstrong. I know you called me to appreciate me but there's something else that brought me here" I said and he turned to me in surprise.

"What could that be?" He asked confusedly.

Silence.

I am about to do this crazy thing in my mind. I don't know how well it will turn out but I hope I don't regret this decision. I took a deep breath and...

"I want you to know that everything I ever did was because of the love I have for Becky." I said and he looked at me.

"I have no interest in your business and I didn't do that to have revenge on you. I only did that to fight back Becky's freedom" I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked in confusion.

"Before now, I wanted to trade the company for Becky" I said.

Silence

"But I have changed my mind." I continued.

"I know how much you sacrificed for the company. I know how much effort Richie and Becky have put in this business. Trading the company for Becky will make me no better than the other businessmen who use what the have to get what they want"

"Where are you driving at Miss Sarocha?" He said puzzled.

"I have decided to give up the company. To return it to you Mr. Armstrong. Without asking for anything in return. Not even for Becky"

"What?" He mumbled in surprise.

I signalled Mr. Po to bring the men in. Yes, I came here with my lawyer, his lawyer also and top shareholders as witnesses to transfer the ownership back to him.

In a minute they came in and joined us. Mr. Armstrong had a whole lot of confusion on his face. He could not believe what was happening. He never expected that at all.

"This is the last stage of the transfer processes Mr. Armstrong. Please sign and let your witnesses sign too." My lawyer said handing him the papers.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked and I nodded in response.

He smiled and signed the documents instantly. After we had finished signing the documents, the men left the room leaving only Mr. Armstrong and I.

"Thank you for giving back the company. I will not forget this in a hurry"

"I know how much it means to you and your family. Giving it back is the right thing to do" I said.

Silence

"I uhm... I have one more thing to say" I said and he looked at me curiously.

My heart started skipping beats and I became a little nervous. I don't know how he will take this but I still have to try and hope it turns out positive.

I took out a little box from my pocket. A diamond ring is inside. It's been a while I have that with me. Waiting for the perfect moment to wear it on Becky's finger but I couldn't because of the family challenge we were having.

I dropped the box on the table and looked back at Mr. Armstrong who looks more speechless as he stared at the box blankly. He obviously knows what is inside but doesn't know how to react.

"I love Becky a lot. She's everything to me and I don't want to imagine a day where I don't have her by my side anymore" I said with every courage.

"I will be happy to have her for the rest of my life but I can't get to Becky without getting through you first" I said and he raised his gaze at me.

"Please keep this ring for a week sir. Think about it thoroughly. And give me your reply after that"

Silence.

"I promise to respect your decision. I won't fight whatever you have decided. I will let go of her and move on if your answer is a NO. But I hope I get a positive feedback" I said and this time he looked back at the box.

"I will take my leave now sir." I said and stood up to go.

Mr. Armstrong didn't say a word. He was only staring at the box as I left the room to my car. Well, I did a good job. If I should get married to Becky, it should be because I deserve her not because I have something so important to them. I can't trade Becky for the company. She's not a tool.

Besides, what makes me different from Mr. Armstrong if I ever have to do that? It's said that if you love something, you let it go. If they come back to you, then it's yours to keep. Right? I have decided to stop fighting and let go of everything. If Becky is mine, nature will bring us together.

To be continued......................

Did Freen do the right thing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 1.4K 22
Warning: Mature Content - explicit, highly detailed scenes - The road to being together is not so easy. Feelings, work, jealousy and sex, a whole ra...
564K 14.3K 35
A FreenBecky story where in Freen is betrayed by her Ex - Girlfriend and own brother then met her UNEXPECTED Trigger warning⚠️🔞 Girl P*n*s Matured c...
83.8K 3.6K 37
** I fell in love with GAP the series and loved the actress that played in this series. This is purely fan fiction and hope you like and follow the s...
159K 6K 50
A story of a lady Freen who goes far away from her family after getting betrayed from her old girlfriend and becomes an undercover agent. Freen's par...