Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 47

3.8K 215 17
By terasomdi

I started getting my things in the suitcase. While he stood behind me trying to talk me into changing my mind. He isn't mad at me, he seems more like worried that I am leaving.

"We can get through this together Becky. You don't have to leave. You have to reconsider your decision. Leaving isn't the best" he said.

Silence

"I know you want to start afresh but you can still do it here without having to leave us Becky. How can we survive this? Your mum will not like it. She may break down...."

Hearing him talk about my mum got me so mad that I couldn't control it.

"Don't you dare bring my mum into this!!" I yelled and he got silent.

"You never really cared about her. You never cared about her feelings so don't you dare talk about her!!" I continued.

He has no right to blackmail me with my mum. He never regarded her or her opinion. My mum can't even protect us, her children, because she's afraid of him.

"Becky I know you are mad at me. You're disappointed in me. It was out of my carelessness that we are in this mess but I need you to calm down."

Silence

"Let's come together as one. It's our family we are talking about here. Leaving won't solve any problem..."

"It sure will" My short response.

I got all my clothes from the wardrobe and started putting them in my luggage.

"Becky please. I have lost the company. I don't want to lose you too"

"You already lost me" I said and turned to him.

"You lost me the moment you pushed me into breaking up with her. You took away my only source of happiness. You forced me into hurting her and hurting myself as well"

I am getting more emotional right now. He has no idea the pain I went through for the weeks I didn't have Freen by my side.

"Tell me why I shouldn't hate you. After everything you have done to me. Let's not forget how you threatened the doctors to declare me dead! You of all people faked my death!!" I yelled as tears started gathering in my eyes

"Becky..." He called weakly and started walking to me.

"Do not touch me!!" I yelled and he stopped.

"It's over. I am done pretending to be fine. I am done being your daughter. I don't have a dad anymore. I actually never had one because you have never showed me what it feels like to have a dad"

"Don't say that Becky. Everything I have ever done was to keep you safe..."

"By lying to me about my past? Controlling my life and manipulating me into doing things your own way even if it's against my happiness!!"

Silence

"Everything you have ever done was all because of the company not because of me!"

"I don't even have the company anymore. She took it from me. She took everything from me and you want to leave me too? I can't handle it" he said

I ignored him and continued with what I was doing. I am leaving for my own sanity. Freen is right. It's time I start living my life the way I want.

"She owns our company now. But I am trying everything I can to get it back. We can do something..." He continued.

"We?"

Silence

"There is no we in this. I am not interested in the business anymore neither am I interested in the family nor anything that has to do with you"

"You can't say that. I am still your father! I have done nothing but want a better life for you. Just because things went wrong doesn't mean I still don't want the best for you"

"And as your dad, I need you to help in this situation. We need to meet with her Becky and we need your help to do that...." He continued.

"At the end it's still about the company as always". I cut him off.

"What are you talking about?"

"Not wanting me to leave is because you want to use me to get back the company. Isn't it?" I asked looking at him in the eyes.

"The company is our family legacy Becky. You are part of the family and you have done much into growing the business"

"But I am not asking you to stay because of it. I am asking you to stay because I worry about you. You are my daughter and I want you by my side"

Silence

For the first time, I saw sincerity in my dad's eyes. He's weak. This man standing infront of me right now looks so weak. Is it because of the company or there's something more?

"Please" he muttered.

My heart melted. I became soft. It's my first time of seeing him plead for something. Maybe he has changed. Wait! My dad is good at emotionally blackmailing people. Even Freen warned me about it. I can't give in so easily.

"I know it's about the company." I said trying not to show any sign of weakness.

"But I can't help you with that." I said and he looked at me.

"Freen and I are over. She doesn't want to see nor talk to me. She hates me for what I did to her. I broke up with her already, have you forgotten? You made sure of it." I said and grabbed my luggage to leave.

"Fine we can draft other means but please stay. I can't lose you too Becky. You're the only daughter I have" he said with a broken voice this time.

I walked out of the room and he followed me. Talking and trying to get me to change my mind about leaving.

"Becky please listen to me." He said when we got out of the house.

"I don't want to be here. Don't you get it? Everything here makes me sad. Seeing your face hurts me too and I hate that feeling so much. So please, Let me go.. For my own good"

Mr. Po helped with the luggage. He carried it to the truck and opened the car door for me.

"I am sorry for all the troubles I have put you through. What can I do to fix this?" He asked.

"You know what to do." My short response as I got into the car.

Mr. Po drove off as soon as I got in. I can see my dad from the side mirror. He looks really affected by my leaving or is he putting on an act? It hurts me that I am doing this but I need my freedom. And I need time to properly heal. Maybe after then, I can get myself to forgiving him for everything he ever did wrong to me.

Half way to my new place. My phone started ringing. That was my mum calling. My dad must have told her everything. I dried my tears and answered the phone call.

"Becky are you sure you will be fine on your own? We are worried about you"

"You don't have to..."

"What do you mean? We are your parent...."

"Stop saying that mum! You have never treated me like one to be completely honest!!" I said in anger.

"What are you saying Becky?"

"You never stood up for me as a mother even when I needed you to. You saw everything, you knew everything from the beginning. You knew what happened four years ago and how he faked my death, yet you covered up his lies. And you are still covering for him!!" I yelled.

"You are getting it all wrong Becky. I was never in support of his behavior but I had to do that all because..."

"Because you don't want to be involved in his life or how he wishes to train us. Richie and I are your children!! A good mother should fight for her kids!!"

"I did my best Becky..."

"Your best was not enough." I said in a calmer tone before ending the call.

My chest is about to fall off. My tears started flowing. I am stopping myself from crying out loud in the car. I don't want Mr. Po to see how broken I am. I ran out of the car as soon as we got home to my room.

"Ma'am you have a package from..." The newly employed housemaid tried saying but I ignored her.

I locked the door behind me and screamed in pain. I am hurting over everything. The emotions I was storing inside for years were busting out. I grasped on my skirt so tightly trying not to lose control out of pain.

I was struggling to be calm not until my eyes landed on this sizeable stuffed Bunny on the bed. It wasn't here in the morning. I dried my tears and got closer to it. It came with a card. So I opened it to read...

"Hello! My name is Freen. I am here to make sure you are good and happy at all time. And to cuddle you to sleep every night so you don't have sleepless nights no more. Nice meeting you my beautiful girlfriend. I love you"

I smiled broadly after reading the short note and hugged the bunny so tightly. There's obviously only one person I am sure it came from and I will call her on the phone right now. I picked up my phone to give Freen a call.

"I can't believe I got a second girlfriend whose name is Freen too." I teased as soon as she answered the phone and she laughed.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it so much" I responded.

"I want you to think of me each time you look at it. I don't want you to have sleepless nights anymore."

My tears started flowing again as I caressed the stuffed Bunny. It actually feels like Freen is next to me at the moment. Having her around me takes away my pain. I will forever be thankful to her for loving me so much.

"Thank you so much" I said while letting go of my tears.

"It's nothing Baby. I am glad you like it..."

"No Teerak.. I mean thank you for everything" I said with a broken voice.

"Babe..." She muttered confusedly. She must have sensed that I am sad.

"You have done enough for me. You have shown me genuine love and care. And I don't know how I can ever repay you for that..." I cried.

"I will be there in five" she said cutting me off.

"No baby, you don't have to come."

"But you are crying. You get me worried by what you are saying" she said and I chuckled.

"I am only thanking you sweetheart. There is nothing to be worried about" I said and she let out a sigh.

"Then I should also say thank you" she said.

"Why?" I laughed.

"Because you saved me and my family four years ago" she said.

Silence

"Because of you, my dad was freed. You went against your family for my sake. No one has ever shown me that level of love before. And it was then that I vowed never to hurt you in any way"

My heart started pounding when I heard her say that. I don't remember anything from then but Irin told me I did something remarkable and what was right.

"It was then that I vowed to protect, love and cherish you forever. to never ever let you go. And that's why it was so hard to replace you even when I thought you were dead.."

Silence.

"I don't think I will ever forget what you did for me Becky. And I haven't even paid you back half of that favour. Please allow me to treat you like the queen that you are" she said

"I want to kiss you right now baby" I muttered.

"Me too. And I am coming right away to kiss you so hungrily" she responded quickly and ended the call.

I smiled and hugged the bunny more tighter while waiting for her. She must have forgotten we shouldn't be seen together. Well, I really don't care about it anymore. My dad can see us for all I care. Having the human Freen next to me is what I need now. And I am so happy that she will be here soon.

..........................................................

It's over three weeks that Becky left her family house. I have only seen her twice but we communicate often on the phone. We facetime every morning and night before we go to bed. She sleeps so well now with the help of Freen, the stuffed Bunny I got for her some weeks ago. She's always cuddling with it each time we talk on video, getting me a little jealous. I mean, I should be the one to be cuddled like that you know.

Mr. Armstrong on the other hand hasn't come for his company yet. I have been expecting him to come by himself to talk about it but he was only sending his representatives. I know he will still come. He loves the company and would never let it go just like that.

I am in my office putting some files in their places before I can leave the office. I have plans to have lunch with Becky this afternoon in a very private area. I just dropped the last file in the shelf when a short knock was heard and my secretary walked in.

"Ma'am, a man is here to see you...."

"I told you to cancel all my appointments this afternoon. I have somewhere to be in the next 15 minutes"

"I have explained to him but he's stubborn. I think it might be something very important..."

I glared at her immediately and she stopped talking. What is more important than going to see Becky? Whoever he is should come back the next day.

My Secretary bowed and left the office. I walked to my table and was getting my things ready to leave when...

"Sorry sir but you can't go in there..." I can hear my secretary saying close to the door.

"Sir hold on...." She continued.

Instantly the door swung open and he walked in with my Secretary behind him still trying to stop him. I am shocked and speechless. Mr. Armstrong is here? That wasn't expected at all. I mean, I have been waiting for the day he would request to meet with me but I never thought that day is today.

"Please leave now sir or I will call the security" my secretary continued.

"We meet again Sarocha" he muttered ignoring her.

I am slightly nervous. There's something about him that gets me a little nervous. I clenched my fist so hard and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"Relax, I just came to talk" he said in a calm tone.

His eyes were sharp as he stared deeply into mine. I signalled my secretary to leave and secretly turned on the security button under my desk. With this, the security men at the control room have my permission to open the CCTV in my office and also send some men to my unit just incase.

To be continued.......................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 4.8K 31
"I don't deserve to be happy, I don't deserve to have you, but even after all the things that happened, I still can't help but want you" Freen said a...
Scratch By Wolfie

Fanfiction

303K 10.1K 53
Freen is a serious badass femme fatale who's given up on love. That is until Becky forcefully pops into her life. However, with her own skeletons, wi...
54.6K 1.5K 22
A FreenBecky story
45.4K 2.1K 35
Freen and Becky have a encounter during a party attended with their husbands. Both are married and have a sad marriage but as they see each other thi...