The One Who Came

By BitchyCookies

Alpha Ivan Black is tired of waiting for his mate. He has spent 8 long years in the midst of loneliness which... More

Introduction
Chapters in order
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58

Chapter 57

295 8 5
By BitchyCookies

Dedicated to @1-800-letmecry for commenting lots!! We love those!!

Cruxius awoke from a fitful sleep, his body weighed down by a sense of restlessness and exhaustion. Hastily sitting up, he rubbed his eyes to adjust to the intrusive light streaming through the open blinds he had forgotten to close the night before. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he reached for a small button on his nightstand, a hidden device designed to summon someone for errands. However, it was well known that only one person, his devoted servant, Lamia Uriel Raiziel, had the privilege to enter his private quarters.

As anticipated, Uriel responded promptly to the summons, knocking and entering with a warm smile adorning his face. Clad in a pristine white Victorian shirt—minus the ruffles—and neatly tucked high-waisted pants, Uriel exuded an air of elegance. A pink floral pin secured half of his hair at the back, and two artfully curled strands framed his countenance. His dazzling smile drew attention to lips that seemed to beg for a more intimate encounter.

Intriguingly, Uriel held a sealed wine bottle and a glass, which surprised Cruxius. As Uriel approached the bed, Cruxius seized the moment, pulling the Omega into his lap, eliciting a startled response and an arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"Master!?" Uriel gasped, cheeks flushed, attempting to conceal his embarrassment. He looked into his abyss eyes and muttered, "You called?"

"Yes. I did, but I don't recall instructing you to bring these with you," Cruxius remarked, taking the bottle and glass before placing them on the nightstand. Uriel examined the items he brought with himself; his assumptions now embarrassing him.

"I'm sorry. I thought you might need them. Umm, you looked tired yesterday. Did I make a mis—" Uriel began explaining, but Cruxius silenced him with a kiss that left the Omega momentarily breathless. Cruxious' hand automatically latched onto his slender throat and squeezed out moans that the Omega was desperately trying to conceal. He instantly melted into the kiss as he devoured his mouth. 

As they parted, Uriel's eyes betrayed him, looking at his Alpha longingly, but Cruxius only smirked, urging him to sit on the bed. As he got up to take the wine, Uriel moved with a haste that amused Cruxius, who couldn't resist a chuckle at the Omega. He never allowed the Alpha to do such menial tasks in his presence. As Uriel poured the dark liquid that hardly resembled wine, his curiosity led him to glance at his master as he handed him the drink.

"Are you curious?" Cruxius inquired, taking a gulp of the mysterious liquid.

"I am, master. I'm curious about everything you do." Uriel replied with a smile, tucking a strand of his pale blonde hair behind his ear.

"Of course you are." Cruxius laughed, reminiscing about the time he started drinking this peculiar wine. "I think it was around the time you found me. I was in immense pain, vulnerable, and...pathetic?" he mused uncertainly. Uriel covered his mouth in horror, quick to deny such characterization.

"You could never be pathetic, master! You and that word can never exist in the same sentence. Please, don't say that." Uriel pleaded earnestly, and Cruxius nodded in agreement.

"You are right; I was never pathetic. I'm glad you know me so well, Snow." Cruxius reassured him, gently stroking the locks on Uriel's head.

"Anyway, at that time, I could have done anything to get rid of the pain. I drank potent wines—any alcohol I could find, really. While I was coming back from a tavern, I came across this strange old man drinking this wine outside his house, and when I knew what it was, I wanted—no need to have it." Cruxius continued, sharing the origin of the mysterious potion.

"Well, he fought fiercely to protect his wife's secret potion." Cruxius reminisced, a distant look in his eyes as if transported back to that fateful encounter. "He refused to part with the recipe, defending it with every ounce of strength left in his battered body. But you know, I had no choice but to... persuade them."

A sly smile played on Cruxius's lips, hinting at the forceful means he employed to obtain the precious elixir. The memory lingered vividly in his mind—the image of the defiant couple, the frail old warrior standing tall against the intruder, and his wife, a dementia-ridden herbiologist who had crafted the potion that now offered comfort to Cruxius.

"As you can imagine, Snow, I couldn't simply leave without it. The pain was unbearable, and the relief this potion provided was beyond measure." Cruxius continued, his gaze fixated on Uriel, who listened intently. "It's not like I'm trying to justify what I did, but I had to secure my own well-being, and so I took matters into my own hands. The old man's resistance was admirable, but it crumbled at last, I guess."

The Alpha's eyes held a glint of sadistic reminiscence, and he sighed almost wistfully. "In the end, I'm not an evil man, so I left them with enough to survive but not enough to replicate the potion. Remember, it's a dog-eat-dog world, and one must do whatever it takes to survive."

Uriel's expression shifted from curiosity to understanding, and he nodded in silent acknowledgment. He was glad to find out yet another piece of his master's life that he was missing. 

He then asked about breakfast and suggested something with broth for nutrition and warmth. Cruxius, having shared a piece of his troubled past, returned to the present, refocusing on the conversation at hand.

"I appreciate the suggestion. A hearty broth sounds delightful. Have the cook prepare something special, and we can enjoy a peaceful meal together."

Uriel's eyes lit up with genuine joy at the prospect of sharing a quiet morning with his master. "Of course, master. I'll ensure it's a breakfast fit for you. Is there anything specific you desire?"

Cruxius leaned back, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Surprise me. I trust your judgment."

With a nod, Uriel gracefully exited the room, leaving Cruxius to reflect on the events that had shaped him, both in pain and in pleasure. The lavish breakfast was served in Uriel's garden, which he affectionately named 'Idyll' (A/N: pronounced 'idol'). He loved sitting here in his free time, tending to his several unique flowers and plants that were gifted to him by Cruxius. Several others had tried to gift him expensive plants and equipment to gather favors, but he had never accepted any.

Cruxius sat on the chair and admired the platter of various dishes served but not cooked by Uriel. The intense aroma of beef bone soup hit him immediately, making his stomach growl. He also spotted the sides of Eggs Benedict, Raspberry Pain au Chocolat, and Lemon Blueberry Scones, along with the bowls of soup. It was all too much for his taste, but he digresses. He looked happy with his choice, and the Alpha could see the proud expression the Omega rarely wore for himself.

"This looks amazing, Snow. Did you pick the menu?" He complimented him as he took a gulp of his soup. Uriel was delighted to hear the praise he so dangerously craved and started his breakfast, intentionally taking small bites to delay the time he could spend with his master. 

"Yes, master. I was hoping you would be comfortable after spending such a tiring night." Cruxius smiled as he took a bite of the lemon blueberry scones. He closed his eyes to savour whatever good things were left in his life. Some might say he even lived just for these moments.

After breakfast, Uriel excused himself to tend to the matters of the huge manor they were living in. He was getting busy after the press conference, as many were calling to form alliances, and some even had the audacity to send them threats. He rolled his eyes at the thought and made his way to his small office. He had been ecstatic when Cruxius suggested a small space where he could do his work and had offered to personally design the place. It was rumored that the Omega spent most of his time in the office, and no one was allowed to step foot inside, obviously except his master.

He opened the door and took a second to just stare at his space. A space that his master planned and decorated for him. It always made him feel cozy and gave him a place where he felt like he belonged. That day, he found out his master's fondness for imagination and creation, giving life to his visions and executing them to perfection. Their manor was a living embodiment. He smiled and started on the piles of documents that refused to go down. They contained reports from packs that have been conquered and those who have proposed alliances to not be annihilated. He busied himself with work but kept an ear out for when his master could call him.

------------

As Cruxius approached the training facility he had built, especially to train the soldiers for the war, he felt a sense of peace. He liked fighting—the act of letting go and just moving on his primal instincts. His strange fascination with wanting to fight had led him to conquer many packs that he had come across. He had challenged and defeated at least 25 pack Alphas till now, and then had one of his own people in charge of the packs. It wouldn't be wrong to say that he controlled most of the southern region. He had been very clever with his endeavors and did this all in the span of 20 years, so as not to raise suspicion.

Today, as he watched from the sidelines, he was glad to see his warriors were putting their all into training. He had some of his best men, whom he had trained himself, teach the younger ones who were more than happy to partake in the war; it was in their blood after all. Contrary to popular belief, Cruxius was more popular with people and kids of the packs he had conquered.

As he was thinking of sparing some of his men, a little boy jumped from behind and climbed on his back. He smiled as he smelled the young pup he found abandoned two years ago. He had been coming back from the trip he had taken to see that person when he found the pup shivering on the side of the road. He wanted to ignore him, as he already had so much riding on his shoulders, and caring for a 3-year-old would add an unnecessary burden to him. But as he turned his face to do just that, he was hit with the thought of his brother being in the place of the tiny pup, and something stirred in his heart.

He cursed loudly, and the next thing he knew, he had a blanket-clad tiny mutt whimpering for warmth. He rolled his eyes and told Uriel to drive home, who secretly smiled and shook his head.

"Eru, how many times have I told you to stop jumping on me, or I'll punish you?" Eru Raizel, the 5-year-old, tightened his arms around Cruxius' neck and giggled. His breathy laugh hit Cruxius' dark locs, and he decided to manuver that little munchkin to his chest. He glared at the raven-haired boy, who, in turn, just smiled up at him.

"You don't think I would do it?" He growled, and the boy shook his head, laughing. Cruxius sighed in defeat because, yes, he wouldn't do it. But there was no reason for the little troublemaker to know that. He realized with a scowl how soft he was growing because of this little menace, and Snow.

"Where is Nyla? I thought you were supposed to be in class." He asked, and Eru just shrugged his shoulders. He pointed towards the little cottage where he and Nyla, his caretaker, lived together. As he looked towards the house, he saw Nyla running towards them with a spatula in her hand. She looked frustrated, and the Alpha could guess why, and he was not impressed. Eru quickly jumped down from his grasp and hid behind him, grabbing his shirt and shaking his head with a pout.

"Did you run away again because you didn't want to study?" Cruxius asked, his eyebrow raising in question. Eru's pout exaggerated even more as he gave Cruxius his infamous puppy dog eyes, which unfortunately didn't work on him. He started jumping on his toes and yanking the Alpha's shirt back and forth pleadingly.

"Fine." He snapped, and Eru's frown instantly turned upside down. Nyla finally reached Cruxius and bowed her head in greeting. She looked up at him when he gestured for her to speak. 

"I'm sorry, Alpha. I was negligent in his care." She looked down in shame, but he swatted her apology.

 "What happened?" He asked, and the Beta shivered in fear. As much as she respected the Alpha, she was also scared to death about crossing him.

"I-I was teaching him while cooking early lunch, as he didn't eat much during breakfast, and when I turned my head, he r-ran off outside." Eru seeing that Nyla was upset, came out of his hiding place and hugged her legs. Nyla smiled and patted his head. He gestured for her to pick him up, and when she did, he kissed her cheek in apology. She chuckled and pecked him back. "Apology accpeted." She pinched his nose, and he gave her one of his 'scary' glares that looked like a poor imitation of Cruxius'.

"It's fine. He can take a day off." Cruxius told the Beta and continued, now looking at the pup. "But this better not happen again, Eru. If you want a day off, I want you to tell Nyla before running off on your own. Understood?" The pup nodded his head and stretched his hands towards Cruxius to carry him instead. Cruxius grabbed him from Nyla but put him down on the ground.

"Let's go. And no running off." He told the pup, who was now glaring up at him. He crossed his arms and started walking towards the training grounds. Cruxius pinched the bridge of his nose and dismissed Nyla, telling her to come back in a few hours. The beta nodded and bowed once again, leaving. Cruxius followed the pup, who was stomping his little feet, waiting for him to catch up. The Alpha smiled and muttered about what a nuisance Eru was, but gave in and carried him the rest of the way. When they reached the grounds, everyone stopped and bowed towards them, as they did every time they saw Cruxius. Eru seemed to like it a little too much, as his nose was rising higher and higher in arrogance, looking down on everyone. Cruxius gestured for them to continue what they were doing and sat Eru down on one of the chairs. He squrimed in his seat until he was comfortable and then looked up at Cruxius.

"I'm going to spar now, and I want you to sit your ass here quietly until I'm done. If you want something, tell Zeno. He will stay beside you." As he finished, Eru stretched his arms around his neck and placed a peck on Cruxius' cheek, which made the Alpha scowl and the little Omega giggle. As he turned five, he had recently shifted and presented as an Omega, which was another headache for Cruxius, as he would have to be strict with others about how they treated the boy. Zeno, a 15-year-old beta, came and stood beside Eru's chair, opening his hand and revealing a packet of caramel chocolate. Eru grinned at Zeno and high-fived him as Cruxius made his way towards the grounds. He sat up straight to watch Cruxius call on the names of the Alphas he wanted to fight.

Cruxius picked two Alphas, some of his strongest, to fight him at the same time. He had never had a single opponent to prepare for when he would have to inevitably fight groups of wolves in war. The Alphas came forward and teamed up against their Alpha, wasting no time and getting straight into attacking him. 

The training ground was a whirlwind of dust and anticipation as Cruxius squared off against two formidable opponents. His muscles tensed, his senses heightened, and he was ready for the challenge ahead. Across from him stood two Alphas, their eyes ablaze with determination and their movements fluid and precise.

Without a word, the battle began.

The first Alpha lunged forward with lightning speed, aiming a powerful strike towards Cruxius' torso. With a graceful sidestep, Cruxius evaded the blow and countered with a swift kick to the Alpha's midsection, sending him stumbling backward.

Meanwhile, the second Alpha seized the opportunity to attack from the flank, launching a series of rapid punches towards Cruxius' exposed side. But Cruxius anticipated the move, swiftly blocking each strike with expert precision, his movements flowing effortlessly like water.

As the battle raged on, Cruxius seamlessly transitioned between offense and defense, his movements a masterclass in combat technique. With every exchange, he imparted valuable lessons to his opponents, exploiting their weaknesses and guiding them towards improvement.

Despite their relentless onslaught, the two Alphas found themselves unable to gain the upper hand against Cruxius. His skill and experience were simply unmatched; his every move was calculated and precise.

In a final, decisive moment, Cruxius seized the opportunity to turn the tide of the battle. With a lightning-fast series of strikes, he disarmed both opponents simultaneously, leaving them defenseless before him.

Eru stood up and clapped his hand like his life depended on it. The wolves near him chuckled as he tooked at Zeno to pick him up. The Beta did as he was told and brought him over to the defeated Alphas. The tiny Omega gave them sympathetic looks and patted them on their heads as if he expected them to lose from the start. The Alphas received the pity Eru offered and went off to rest outside the training bounds.

Eru gestured for Cruxius to take him from Zeno, and the Alpha gave him an unimpressed look. It was not as if he couldn't walk; he just liked people bending over backwards for him. In that regard, he had taken after Cruxius. Cruxius gave in and took him from Zeno, making sure to let him know he was not happy with the little squirt trying to command him. Eru ignored the glare and waved at the defeated Alphas in farewell. 

END.

-------------------

Hello People!

Here is the first part of this chapter. I had so much fun writing this, and don't worry, the second part of this chapter will be coming soon. Hopefully. It was running a little long, so I decided to cut it in half and post the first half now. Below are the meanings for some of the names in the story. Hopefully, they will give you some more context or let you know more about the characters. Let me know what you think about my baby Eru, who was really, a last-minute addition to this chapter!!

-Meeri.

(P.S. if it was not obvious, the picture above is Uriel's office.)

Meanings:

Eru: means "he that is alone" in Quenya and "blossom or flourish" in Japanese. (It also means "laugh and smile", but I don't know in which language.)

Raizel: means "Rose". (He took Uriel's last name.)

So combining them would make something like: "one blooming rose or a lone rose."

Uriel Lamia: means "light, wisdom,"  and the flame of God. It can also mean "shining and radiant."

Cruxius origin name: Cruxis.

Cruxis means: "reassurance, confidence, sensual, passionate, power over life, irritable."

Karter: "a pioneering spirit."

Ivan Nicholas: "Gracious gift. Victory of the people."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

930K 36.4K 45
Presley had it all, a loving family, great support, a great pack behind him. One thing he didn't have was his mate by his side. After seven years of...
363K 14.3K 44
Worlds collide when Elliot Lockwood, an Omega werewolf, moves into a different pack at 17. Born of warrior parents, he was raised to believe his bree...
559K 20.9K 62
The Sequel to Being Their Omega, A story revolving around Kyle and his three mates. ((This is obviously a harem type story so if you don't like more...
403K 20.4K 68
*COMPLETED* After Asher's parents were killed by their enemy pack, he has to take over the position of alpha. Since his parents didn't believe in mat...