Averian University: The Bound...

By IricoDale

Phantom. Mezul Castron grew up always being called by that name. In the Crimson World, it is a term that is b... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meet The Prince
Chapter 2: Underground School
Chapter 3: A Part Of Mystic Council
Chapter 4: First Day
Chapter 5: The Duel Between The Pro And The Newbie
Chapter 6: Outside The Battle Field
Chapter 7: Trouble Under The Table
Chapter 8: First Assignment
Chapter 9: Forbidden Gate Of Triad Land
Chapter 10: Missing In Action
Chapter 11: Arriving
Chapter 12: Milky Berries
Chapter 13: Quiseras Rose And The Soul Suckers
Chapter 14: Mystic Market
Chapter 15: Potion Making
Chapter 16: Potion Of Destruction By The Phantom Girl
Chapter 17: Guild Mark And His Present
Chapter 18: The Fight
Chapter 19: Sick
Chapter 20: An Angry Hell Keeper
Chapter 21: An Underwater Tour
Chapter 22: Regret
Chapter 23: Metal Vessels
Chapter 24: Successors
Chapter 25: Gone Beserk
Chapter 26: Illusionist Tribe
Chapter 27: Favor
Chapter 28: With Him
Chapter 29: Missing Heart
Chapter 30: Fire Festival
Chapter 31: Fallen
Chapter 32: Chase
Chapter 33: Inside Hell
Chapter 34: Search For The Prince
Chapter 35: The Real Beginning
Chapter 36: Monster Within
Chapter 37: Exchange
Chapter 38: Freed
Chapter 40: The Comeback
Chapter 41: Hearing
Chapter 42: Make It Right
Chapter 43: Izea

Chapter 39: The King's Sin

189 16 8
By IricoDale

The King's Sin
MEZUL

"WOAH, CHILDREN! YOU look unrecognizable!" Death mocked with a smirk in the face upon greeting us as soon as we reached his ship. I glared at him which made him stop from talking even more.

The look on his face speaks everything though. Pinasadahan ba naman kami nito ng tinging mula ulo hanggang paa at hindi makapaniwala na madungis kami. It's the kind of gaze that will make you feel disrespected.

Kung makatingin ito ay parang mukha kaming pulubi. And he called us children. CHILDREN! Which made me pissed even more than I already am because of my appearance.

Yet, I cannot blame him. I'm tired and sleepy and hungry and I just don't want to argue with him.

"Can we take a shower?"

"Go! Be my guest!" Kulang nalang ay ipagtulakan kami nito paalis. He even waved us goodbye. Kung hindi ko lang siguro kasama ang prinsipe, baka nagtakip na ito ng ilong.

Napabuntong hininga ako.

I guess I should bear with this for now until prinsipe Ul and I gets back to the Crimson World.

I am not planning to stay here longer. Kaya lang naman ako nandito ay dahil sa hinihinging kapalit ni Kamatayan para sa pagbibigay ng lokasyon ni Prinsipe Ul. I don't back out on my word.

I have a lot of dilemmas right now, however it's more important for me to take care of myself when I have a chance so I can think properly. A nice bath in this case will do the trick.

Ugh... I can't believe I have to suffer like this.

After the short welcome, Death's servants accompanied prinsipe Ul and I to our respected rooms. Magkatabi lang naman ang aming kwarto. Prinsipe Ul was assisted until he got into his room while I, on the other hand took care of myself alone.

Hindi naman ako katulad niya na nasanay sa marangyang buhay. I can take care of myself alone just fine.

Isa pa, gusto ko munang mapag-isa.

After what happened days ago... Prinsipe Ul and I somehow got closer a bit. I learned that he's not the type of guy who tends to be clingy but he always makes me feel that I am not alone and sometimes, he shows a part of him that I haven't witnessed before.

Until now, I still cannot believe that we claimed each other as mates. The feeling was surreal and overwhelming. I cannot bring myself to be completely happy because the challenges that comes with our title as hell keepers are still in the way.

And that can't be helped since we are just starting. Kahit mukhang tatlong araw lang sa Crimson World ang itinagal namin sa loob ng impyerno, tatlong taon naman ang katumbas nito sa loob.

Almost three years of him being stuck in my mind is not something I can continue to ignore. To be exact, those almost three painful years are more than enough for me to keep denying him. And now... Like him, I cannot simply let go.

But today, we remained silent until we reached the ship and has not spoken to each other since.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit nababagabag ako. I cannot ignore this instinct because it never failed me in the past.

Parang masisiraan ako sa kakaisip kung ano na naman ang naghihintay na kapalaran ko.

Ah...

I should stop thinking this way.

Damn it!

--

After I took a bath and spent time making myself presentable, one of Death's servants invited us for a meal. Of course it's Death's treat. He is really hospitable and I would've like him more if it's not with his funny antics.

Still, pinaunlakan pa rin namin ang imbestasyon niya.

I am not that dumb to refuse the meal he is offering when I haven't tasted real food in so long.

Geez, I missed food!

"Do we really need to stay here when we are in a hurry? Can we just go back to the Crimson World?" Prinsipe Ul asked, as we sat on the chair in the dinning area next to each other.

Naniningkit ang mga mata nito habang pinapasadahan nito ng daliri ang aking palad. He's making patterns on it with bored expression. He told me that he doesn't like Death and this place.

"Yes. I owe Death for finding you sooner. I have to repay him." Mahina kong sagot dito.

A moment passed and the Angel of Death entered the dining room.

Malaki ang mesa, 12-seater at ang mga bangko ay mataas sa pangkaraniwan. The table is covered with fancy crimson cloth that has gold intricate designs and on the top of it are huge plates of foods. Death is treating us with a feast.

"Enjoy the food." Death said and we started getting served. Ito talaga ang ipinunta ko dito. The food that Death served to his guest are top of the line ingredients. I ate and ate until I am full.

In between meals, Death opens a conversation from time to time. He asked about our experiences and challenges encountered while trying to survive in hell. He asked about me learning fighting skills. He asked about my metal vessel. And a few times, he teased me with the prince sitting next to me.

When the supper is over, Death gave me a look that I immediately understand.

"Ul, can you go first?" Sabi ko sa katabi.

Prinsipe Ul nodded to me and leave despite being hesistant on leaving me. I explained the situation to him multiple times beforehand. I'm not sure why he looks worried and hesistant.

"Seems like you became closer to each other, huh?" Death teased again as soon as I sat on my chair. Nakangisi ang loko at mukhang nag-e-enjoy sa pang-a-asar sa akin.

I can't helped but to roll my eyes at him. Hindi na talaga mawawala ang pagkapilyo nito.

"Let's cut to the chase and tell me what I came here for. We both know that this is a crucial time for me as the she-he'll keeper."

"I apologize... I just want you to losen up a bit." Uminom ito sa baso at pagkuwa'y tinitigan ako ng deretcho sa mata. "Looking at the Crown prince not being able to get off his eyes from you, I'm sure that it will be easy for you to do my request..."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" Seryoso kong tanong dito.

"Well... I just want the two of you to be closer to each other. That's the reason why you two are both here in hell. To claim each other as mates.  And it seems like I am almost successful with my mission---"

"Mission?" Tumaas ang isang kilay ko.

"You heard it right. I said mission. Getting you and the prince closer was my mission. But! Before you get mad at me, let me tell you first the details."

I crossed my arms, "Fine."

"This whole thing started when Luna communicated to me, one night in my dreams." He started. "The goddess told me that soon, all the three of us will crossed paths and I should bring you closer to the prince when that chance came and the rest is the history."

"So you are saying that what you did is the goddess will?"

"Exactly!" He swing his fore finger. "And ah! I almost forgot. Luna has a message for you..."
Luna told me to tell you her message..."

"And what is her message?" I curiously asked.

"Accept your fate and embrace it wholeheartedly for it cannot be broken."

--

I find it hard to believe what Death just told me back there. No. Scratch that---it's not that it's hard to believe what he said to me. What I am having trouble with is accepting it.

Ugh! There's just too much thoughts circulating in my head already at dumagdag pa ito. I have no idea which should I prioritize more. Damn it!

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"I want you to understand carefully how important your role is as the she-hell keeper. You and the prince already accepted each other as mates. The favor that I wanted to ask from you is to complete the bond."

"Whoah... That's too much for a request. I needed time!"

"You can take all the time you need. But I want you to keep this in mind... You can reject the bond multiple times but you will never find a way to break it. Even if you will spend the century Luna tasked you to serve the Crimson World, you and the prince will always end up with each other." Death lifted his wine glass and started playing the contents of it. "All I'm saying is... why spent the rest of those years waiting when you can spend it on making your bond stronger? After all, you and him will be eac others end game?"

Silence...

So, now I have to sped things up?

"I don't think, you understand me at all..." I started laughing and my eyes teared up. "I am prepared. Why would I accept the bond in the first place if I am not gonna keep the prince with me for life? Come on, Angel of Death... Raise your expectations of me a little bit."

I sighed, frustrated.

Noong hindi pa ako desidido sa pagtanggap kay prinsipe Ul, hindi siya naniniwala. Now that I accepted him, Death still doubt me. I wonder why Death had to go to such lenght? To the point that he has to convince me to complete the bond on behalf of the goddess Luna?

Yes, although prince Ul and I accepted each other as mates, the bond the we have is still incomplete. That the sole reason why I can still stop myself from being near him. If not, like what he told me that day way back inside that room with important personalities, I would've chained him to my waist.

"What makes you think that we are equal, huh?"

"And what made you think that we are not?"

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad sa pasilyo pabalik sa aking kwarto ng may marinig na mga boses na nag-uusap. Both voices sounded familiar to me. Two person came into my mind.

The first one is prinsipe Ul with his cold, baritone voice.

The second one is... Sir Del? With his soft way of speaking but manly voice.

But damn... Why did I think of Sir Del being here? In hell in all places?

Or... was it just my imagination? Talaga bang tinig niya ang narinig ko?

"Just because you are part of me, it doesn't mean that you can be arrogant already. Remember... you are nothing but just a small side of me."

"Even if I am just a small side of you, we are equal because I am what you are lacking... Seems like you are the one who's forgetting here, Ulrio?"

The voices sound are low and if I am only a normal being without special abilities, I would have not heard them. Hearing their two voices again means I am not going insane. They are definitely here.

But... what are they arguing about?

Did I understand their conversation correctly or... I am just assuming things...?

What does prinsipe Ul meant when he said that sir Del is part of him?

Pinakiramdaman ko ang presensya ng mga prinsipe upang mahanap kung nasaan ang mga ito.

Two men are standing in front of each other... They share the same height and even if the hallway is dim lighted, I can tell even with the distance how idenical their appearances are.

I covered my mouth to prevent myself from gasping.

A rebel thought resurface into my mind.

Don't tell me...

No....

"Accept your fate and embrace it wholeheartedly for it cannot be broken."

Don't tell me that's what the message meant when Death relayed it to me?

Does this mean...?

"I wonder where all your arrogance is coming from... Once I'm able to obtain my heart... You, my weak version will disappear. Like you never existed."

"We'll see about that."

The two continued to argue with each other but I cannot make out the words they are saying. Preoccupied by the fact that prinsipe Ul and Sir Del is the same person... I cannot help but to fall in the abyss.

I mean...

H-How?

How did it h-happened?

W-When?

When did it all started?

Para akong nabingi sa sariling tinig sa isipan dahil sa dami ng aking tanong. Lahat ng mga pangyayari sa nakaraan na magbibigay liwanag sa aking mga narinig sa dalawa ay bumalik sa aking isipan.

"Yes, Ulrio I my cousin." Itinuro niya ang mukha. "See the similarities?"

"Yes. You kinda look like him."

"I know. But he is more good-looking than me... I did not expect that you two are Bounded to be together. You're too naive for him."

"Eh?"

"Parang di naman. In fact, parang pareho lang ang level ng itsura niyo."

Oh, God...

"Ulrio... that guy... He's more than a cousin to me."

"Parang kapatid ba?"

"Parang ganoon na nga. But he's more than a family. If you only know, Mezul..."

I fell into my knees that created a thud. The two who won't stop bantering each other looked at my direction. Just like me, they are shock as I am. Me learning their secret and them seeing me hearing what they are hiding.

"I... I did not mean to eavesdrop... B-Believe me..." I said, in stuttering voice while shaking to my core.

"Mez---!"

"Castron---!"

Both of them hurriedly approached me. Nauna si prinsipe Ul at hinawakan nito ang aking braso at binigyan ng suporta upang makatayo. Si Del, who looks exactly like Ul stay still in front of me, waiting for my reaction.

"Did you hear everything?" Sir Del asked.

Ugh. Dapat ba na tawagin ko siya sa ganoong pangalan?

After all, prinsipe Ul and him is just the same person, right?

"I only heard what's necessary for me to hear." Wala sa sarili na sambit ko. Nagulat ako sa lamig ng sailing tinig.

"Let me explain---" -prinsipe Ul.

"There's no need for that..." I slightly pushed the prince to distance myself. "I know what's happening here... What I need is time to process this."

"But, Mez---" -Sir Del.

Before the I can hear more of their voices, I immediately run away and locked myself in my room.

I mean... This is not easy to take in.

When the times that the prinsipe Ul was not there by my side... Sir Del was the one who is always with me. He became my comfort. From the beginning, I already noticed the similarities of their physical appearances. They are both emitting the same aura... Only that prinsipe Ul has the upper hand.

And that dream... That dream is also a hint of their situation. When I saw that guy, sitting on the golden throwne with a crown that belongs to Ul... I should've realize it already...

So what now?

Do I have two mates?

Isn't that great?!

Damn, that's absurd.

I sighed.

I heard them talking about obtaining their heart a while ago. Kung maibabalik ba ito sa kanila ay magiging isa na sila?

If they will become one... will the prince I know change? They have two distinct personalities. Will I be able to handle the real him?

God... My head hurts. Sinabutan ko ang sarili dahil ko malaman Kung ano ang dapat kong gawin. Thinking this fucked up situation adding to my worries is gonna make me more insane.

Should I make this a big deal?

Heck!

What kind of question is that? Of course it is big deal! My mate has two bodies and they have different personalities! In addition to that, I have to deal with each of them separately.

And now... Connecting all the dots... Napagtanto ko na ang dahilan kung bakit kahit kilala ko siyang pinsan ni prinsipe Ul sa nakaraan ay hindi ko siya magawang isipin o tawagin na kuya. And the attraction I can feel from him... That's because all along... Prinsipe Ul and Sir Del are the same person.

Damn.

I'm fucked. I am really fucked.

--

I NEEDED TIME. But I don't have the luxury to process the reality on my own pace.

So the next day, I decided to end all these confusion and knock on my mates door. I am gonna face my fears.

Prinsipe Ul's eyes widened upon seeing my face as if I was the last person in his mind who will knock on his door.

Pinasadahan ko ito ng tingin mula ulo hanggang paa. His hair is disheveled and he is wearing silky robes that is slightly open revealing his chiseled chest.

Kumunot ang noo ko.

Why the heck the prince would greet someone in front of his door looking not-so-decent? What if it's not me who happened to stand here?

And why the hell I even care?!

He was even assisted by servants last night! His body was seen by them!

"Are you not gonna great your mate?" Walang emosyon na tanong ko dito. He blinked as if he's not sure that I am really the one who's standing in front of him. Pagkaraan ay binuksan din nito ang pinto at hinintay akong pumasok sa loob bago ito isinara.

And when the door shut, I immediately felt his arms wrapped around my waist from the back.

"I'm sorry..." He breathed on my neck with his voice so low as if he's in pain and then his embrace became tighter. "You won't leave me, will you?"

Nagpintig ang teinga ko at kumalas sa pagkakayakap nito upang harapin ito.

"How can you think of my feelings this shallow?" Mapait kong sambit saka isinara ang bukas nitong roba.

'This is not the right time to get distracted, Mezul.'

"Sa tingin ba mo ay hinayaan ko ang sarili ko na mahulog ng tuluyan sayo para pakawalan ka lang dahi sa sikreto mo?" I added.

Hinuli nito ang aking kamay mula sa pag-aayos ng anyang damit.

And damn, I felt my heart skipped a bit.

"I did not invest these feelings to you Ulrio just so you can let go of me so easily."

Hinila ko ang kamay na hawak nito upang himasin ang perpekto nitong mukha.

"Remember that I owned you. Be that you are that ugly monster, the headmaster or you have the power of the crown prince. The fact that you belong to me won't change."

A tear rolled down to my cheeks.

I came here to act tough and show him that I am not a joke. But for the nth time, my body betrayed me. Yet, I was not expecting that my emotions will soften righat a pushover, Mezul.ht away just because he gave me a back hug.

What a pushover, Mezul.

"Damn---of course I am yours... Please don't cry." The prince hugged me one more time. This time we are facing each other. "I told you already, I was holding back too, all this time. I only denied you then because of my responsibilies. But you are now my number one responsibility and I will keep you. Or course if you want me too."

"Are you deft? I just told you that you that the fact you belong to me won't change."

"I am all yours..." I heard him whispered. "Have me forever for all I care..."

We stayed on that position for a moment before we parted only to intertwined our hands.

He guided me to couches and we sat there next to each other. This time my head is clearer and I am ready to hear his explanation.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.4K 59
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
76.7K 1.9K 70
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...
302K 40.2K 20
လက်တွေ့ဘဝနှင့် နီးစပ်ချင်ယောင်ဆောင်ခြင်း
54.8K 858 12
This story is based on village story with lots of smut...