Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 43

4K 219 42
By terasomdi

It's been over a week I saw Becky last. Everything is going as planned. Mr. Lee did a perfect job getting Mr. Armstrong's signature on the papers. And I am getting ready for the next step. I promised Becky to get her out of this and I will do it in the only way I know will be productive.

I just closed from work about to go home when my phone started ringing. That's Mr. Lee calling. I quickly answered it.

"There's something you need to see ma'am" he said.

"It's a footage from the camera we installed in your room ma'am." He continued.

"Did you see the person?"

"Yes ma'am but I don't understand why it has to be her..." He said

"Who?"

"It's best you see it for yourself ma'am"

"Forward the video to me" I demanded.

"Straight away" he responded

"Is everything ready for the trip to Tokyo?" I asked

"Everything is ready. We have met with the necessary people."

"So when are you leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow ma'am."

"Good. Please be careful" I said.

After the phone call, I opened the message he sent to me and started watching the video. 3 minutes into the video, I saw someone walked into my room. 

"Freen?" Lily called as she opened the bathroom door.

When was this? The time says 10 pm. She was in my house on that day I had dinner with my family? That day I went to her house. I told her I would be having dinner with my family why did she come? Was she actually expecting I would drive back home that night?

My eyes widened when I saw her squat beside the vanity. What the hell is she doing?

"Oh my God!"

"Oh my God!!" I exclaimed louder and dropped my phone.

I started panicking. Not for anything but because I was shocked to the core. I never expected this. She never crossed my mind. I never suspected her one bit. Why would she do this to me? she's been working for Mr. Armstrong this whole time? What did he promise her? How the hell is she the mole?

"Liliana planted those bugs?"

I grabbed my things and left the office instantly. I need to know why she did this. I am angry and hurt. I feel betrayed. I trusted her with my life and she did this to me?

"Where are you Lily?" I asked as soon as I got her on the phone.

"Home. Why?"

"I will be there in a minute" I said and ended the call.

I drove with full speed to her place. Lily smiled and hugged me tightly when she saw me. Her smiles are still as innocent as before making me wonder why she did such a thing.

I followed her to her room and locked the door behind us. I only need the truth from her and I am giving her the chance to say the truth. I hope she won't lie because I may not be able to control my anger if she does.

"What's wrong Freen. You don't look happy at all" she said.

"I am not happy"

"Why? Did something happen?"

"I just found out Mr. Armstrong bugged my apartment" I said and she started coughing.

"I'm sorry. Have this" I said and offered her a bottle water on the table.

But she didn't take it and she started avoiding my eyes also. Everything in me is praying that she admits it before I can tell her I know who helped him get the bugs in.

"I can't believe he sent his men to break into my apartment" I said pretending not to know anything and she looked at me.

Please Lily tell me you did this. Only then will I forgive you. Lily eyes got weak as she stares into my eyes and tears suddenly started gathering in her eyes.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked and this time her tears started dropping.

No matter how much I hate to admit it in this situation. I sincerely don't like seeing her tears. Lily held my hands and made me look into her eyes.

"I am sorry Freen. Please forgive me" she said while crying.

My heart melted instantly. I'm glad she's about to admit it. But why did she do that? Did he threaten her also?

"Mr. Armstrong didn't send his men. He sent me to do that. He blackmailed me Freen. I never had in mind to do this to you at all" she cried.

I knew it. I knew something must have happened that made her do this. Lily held my hand as she continued crying. She said he blackmailed her? with what?

"What does he have against you?" I asked and she looked down.

She didn't want to say it or maybe not so proud to say it. I waited for some minutes without her saying anything.

"Tell me what he has against you that made you do this" I said.

Silence

I let out a sigh and got up to leave. I really don't have time for this. If she's not going to tell me it's best I take my leave.

"He has my sex video Freen. He threatened to release it to the media if I didn't do it." She said and I stopped immediately.

Did I hear right?  He has her sex video? What is she talking about?

"What do you mean he has your sex tape?" I asked in surprise.

How the hell did that happen? How the hell did he get hold of it?

"It happened few months ago. I met her in a club and it happened. I didn't know I was being recorded." she said.

I shut my eyes in frustration. How could she be that careless?

"Are you kidding me Lily? how could you do such a thing? How could you be this careless?" I fumed.

Silence

"How can an adult like you be this careless Lily..."

"Please Freen... I know I messed up okay? I was carried away and I did that without thinking straight but please don't blame me too much. it wasn't entirely my fault" she cried.

"Then whose fault was it? Mine?"

"You're partly at fault too Freen. I am a human. I have feelings but you never looked at me in that way. For many years I have known you, you never gave me a chance."

"Can you listen to yourself right now?"

"I am a human. Sometimes I have those urges. To be touched, kissed, I needed sex. But you were not ready for me...."

"Don't you dare put that on me. I don't owe you any love making. I don't owe you sex! Going to club was your choice, meeting and fucking a random girl was equally your choice. I was not there when all that happened. So don't you put it on me right now!!" I yelled in anger shutting her off.

Silence

I am so angry. How dare her make it my fault? Besides, I know some girls that liked and wished to date her but she rejected them because according to her she didn't want a relationship.

She rejected them but she chose this lifestyle instead? Who goes about fucking any random person they just met in a club? Fuck! I forgot Becky was like that too.

I took a deep breath in order to calm myself..

"I am giving you the chance to fix what you did. Go back to the house tonight. Take those bugs out. If he calls you, tell him you took them out yourself" I said and grabbed my handbag.

"But.... But the video..."

"Don't worry about that" I said and stormed out of the room.

"Freen wait. Freen" I can hear her calling but I ignored her.

I got in my car and drove off. I am not angry with her anymore. I am angry at the one who made her do what she did. Mr. Armstrong has done enough. He has been a torn in my flesh and in the lives of my family and friends. It's my turn to pay him back for all he has done.

.....................................................

My dad and I walked into the hall filled with about 20 to 30 people with males and females all mixed. My dad sat on the executive chair while I sat beside him. Richie could have been the one sitting on the chair if he was here.

"We welcome you all to this year's AGM. Let's quickly get started" My dad said.

The meeting kicked off. Starting with the opening speech and reading of the last meeting's minute. Everything was going smoothly until we realized the agendas of the meeting were changed without our knowledge. How is that possible?

The shareholders are having a different list. That actually wasn't what we forwarded to them. Everyone became confused over what's going on and everywhere got rowdy. They started mumbling amongst themselves.

"Mr. Armstrong, please check your list again. I'm sure there is a mistake somewhere" one of the men said.

"What mistake are you talking about? Let me see the list you have" my dad said.

The messenger brought the list to us and we started going through it. My eyes widened when I read that. It's obviously not from us. Completely different from the agendas we have.

"What the hell?" I mumbled when I read to the fourth number.

Why does it look like a meeting agenda after a transfer of ownership? A lot of things are off about the list. Who did this?

"Where did you get this?" My dad asked in anger.

"This was actually sent to us from the chairman's office. Look at the stamp." One of the men said.

"I am the chairman, I never made something like this!" My dad yelled.

Well, I still have no idea what's actually going on. If my dad didn't make this, then someone forged it right? So it's safe to say it was forged and sent without our consent.

"I think someone hacked into the system..." I tried saying.

"I doubt that. A letter came with it actually. I am surprised you are acting this way. You are getting us confused with your actions right now" one said.

"What letter are you talking about?" My dad asked in confusion.

"The company's transfer of ownership..."

"What?!!" My dad and I screamed in unison.

Silence

Everyone looked at each other in surprise. They are equally confused over what's going on. What transfer of ownership are they talking about? The company is the only thing my dad holds dear and he would never sell it to anyone.

"It's no more funny that you all planned to pull this prank on me." My dad said trying to remain calm.

"What prank is he talking about? The permanent secretary and others were there when the deal was made right?" I can hear them mumbling to themselves.

"Maybe he's the one trying to prank us before handing power to the new owner" They kept mumbling.

I looked at my dad. I don't think these men are pranking him right now. They actually got the letter but how did that happen? Who is this hacker that did this to cause confusion?

Everywhere got rowdy as the people continued mumbling.

"That's enough!!" My dad yelled and everywhere got silent.

"I don't know what this is all about but I wish to inform you that nothing like that took place. No transfer of ownership of whatsoever. I am still the chairman of this company...."

"I am sorry Mr. Armstrong but you signed the papers yourself. You, your legal team and some of the shareholders were present when it happened...." This time, a man I haven't seen before spoke and everyone turned to him.

"Did you forget already Mr. Armstrong? It hasn't even been up to two weeks and you already forgot?"

"What nonsense are you talking about and who the hell are you?" My dad asked furiously.

"My name is Barr. Jack. The new president's lawyer and I was present when the deal was made" he said.

This man sounded so confident. It's a criminal act to claim what doesn't belong to you. He is a lawyer, he should know that. But he isn't scared of anything. Which only means he might be saying the truth. Did my dad actually sell the company?

My dad got silent when the man started bringing evidences that showed he sold the company to his client. I can't explain the level of confusion I am dealing with right now. I quickly turned to my dad who has this untold confusion written on his face as well.

"What's going on dad?" I asked him.

"I have no idea" he responded weakly.

I can see his hands shaking as he took out his phone. I think he's actually nervous right now. I haven't seen my dad panicked so much to this level in my entire life.

"Call my lawyer immediately" he said giving me his phone.

I dialed his lawyer's contact and thankfully, he answered the phonecall.

"What's this I am hearing?" My dad asked.

"What are you talking about Mr. Gab? This people were following me for months and I refused them. How could I have possibly done that in a week?" My dad yelled on the phone.

"I wasn't completely conscious when the deal was going on. I think I was drugged or something because when I woke up the next morning, I thought it all happened in the dream.." He continued.

"So what am I supposed to do now!!" He yelled.

My dad angrily dropped the phone on the table and sat back on the chair. He held his two hands together to calm himself down. I don't need anyone to tell me what actually is going on.

My heart started aching so badly. What does that really mean? That everything I have worked for for years. My future plans and ambition. Everything is gone? Just like that? I don't know if I should get angry with my dad right now or not. How could he be so careless?

"I didn't give my full consent to this. I was drugged..." My dad tried speaking.

"Drugged or on drugs? Please be careful with what you say Mr. Armstrong. You don't want people to think you do drugs now. Do you?" The lawyer said.

Silence

"Can I meet with this person... I mean your boss? I need us to talk about this. He needs to reconsider...." My dad said after about a minute.

"My boss is on the way. Already in the building as we speak. She will get here soon but believe me, I'm not sure she will ever reconsider"

She? A woman did this? I can't believe this. I looked at my dad who looks like a puppy right now. How the hell did he get us into this problem? I am sure Richie doesn't know anything about this. I wonder what his reaction would be when he finds out. Gosh I need to stay calm or I will go insane.

"Oh she's here" the man announced and everyone turned to the entrance door.

Instantly the door swung open and she walked in. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened when I saw her walked into the hall. She's on black suit and has sunglasses on with some men and security personnels with her.

"Freen" I mumbled confusedly.

She gradually took off the sunglasses when the lawyer went to welcome her. My heart started skipping beats as it always does whenever I see her but I don't know if it's skipping beats for a good reason right now..

To be continued.....................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76K 1.3K 22
Warning: Mature Content - explicit, highly detailed scenes - The road to being together is not so easy. Feelings, work, jealousy and sex, a whole ra...
560K 14.2K 35
A FreenBecky story where in Freen is betrayed by her Ex - Girlfriend and own brother then met her UNEXPECTED Trigger warning⚠️🔞 Girl P*n*s Matured c...
139K 6.2K 53
Becky, a quick-witted and resourceful young woman, hatches a clever plan to save her cousin Irin from a dreaded arranged marriage. Irin, the shy and...
43.7K 2.1K 35
Freen and Becky have a encounter during a party attended with their husbands. Both are married and have a sad marriage but as they see each other thi...