May Soul Dissonance Bow Befor...

By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Dissonance. Defined as a lack of harmony among or between people or things. It can be reduced by changing ex... More

Author's Note & Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178

Chapter 10

1.9K 75 17
By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

At this point, Grigori mercifully gave everyone the chance to catch their breath and process the record they’d just seen. For many people who had died earlier on the side of the TBOAH!World, it was quite an eye-opener to hear Kim Rok Soo’s retelling about what had happened at the very end. Even TBOAH!Choi Han can no longer protest or emit a threatening aura toward Kim Rok Soo because the reality of his shortcomings had slapped him in the face.

Ultimately, for all his whining and gripping about how supposedly useless TBOAH!Cale was, TBOAH!Choi Han had failed to save their world from the White Star and where he had fallen short, TBOAH!Cale had stepped up and sacrificed himself for the whole world – TBOAH!Choi Han was not so shameless as to still cling to the faint memory of a grudge that had existed over two decades ago and also Grigori’s power that had restrained him earlier had honestly scared him a little.

After the snack break, a calmer and more composed TBOAH!Henituse family returned. They moved over to join their counterparts from the TCF!World and took a seat at a round table with a lavishly padded booth-like couch that surrounded it to comfortably watch the rest of the records.

The soul dissonance between them was entirely gone now and when the time came to return the two family's fractured souls, Grigori was certain she would have no problems joining the two halves of their souls together again and sending them away.

“Goddess-nim…” TBOAH!Alberu called out, and Grigori’s gentle gaze instantly turned and settled upon him.
“Yes, go ahead?” She permits him to continue with a small nod of her head.
“Can you show us the differences between our respective battles against Arm?” His request is something that he and his father had discussed with TBOAH!Choi Han and the rest of the TBOAH!Hero’s party during the break.
“Hmm…” Grigori inclined her head, and then she nodded slowly.

“I will be showing them slowly because I do not wish to overwhelm you. How about we start with your first encounter with Arm on a large scale – I am referring to the Plaza Terror Incident.”
“Oh? There were differences right from the very start?!” TBOAH!Rosalyn sounded genuinely surprised. This made Grigori smile mischievously and nod her head.
“Alright then… let’s continue from there. Naur, let’s take this from Chapter 36.”
“Yes My Goddess!” Naur responded, and the sound of pages turning came from the Palantír before a new scene filled the screen.

<Chapter 36 Being Still>
Cale covered his red hair with his hat, before taking a map out of his pocket. He then took the lead.
“Follow me.”
The still invisible Black Dragon and Choi Han walked on either side of Cale, following Cale out of the southern district of the nobles and into the center of Huiss.

There were several sharp intakes of breath from an entirely different corner of the room – TBOAH!Dragons reacting to hearing that there was a Black Dragon following the human transmigrator around – they were offended. However, a harsh stare from their counterparts from the TCF!World shut up any protests and accusations they were ready to hurl at Cale. Naur continued the narration, entirely ignoring the momentary disruption the same way Grigori was doing.

The night became as bright as the day as they got closer to the center of Huiss. There were many bright lights on the streets with shops selling stuff, and bars were the most lively at this time.
“The nightlife at the capital is really different from other places.”
“It sure is.”
Cale nodded his head at Choi Han’s words before heading toward the Plaza of Glory at the center of Huiss. They could see a round plaza in front of them with fountains in all four directions. Each fountain had groups of citizens gathered around it.

The three of them could see the citizens relaxing with their families or friends after a long day of work. Since it was 9 pm right now, they would continue to enjoy themselves at the plaza until the guards came to patrol at 11 pm.

Cale looked to the left. Choi Han was blankly watching some families laughing together at the fountain to the east. Cale, who had been leisurely watching Choi Han and the scene in front of them, started to speak.
“Make it so nobody can hear us.”
Once he said that, an invisible dome appeared around them. It was something that only Cale, Choi Han, and the Black Dragon, who were inside the dome, could see.
Choi Han finally turned to look at Cale.
“There is this thing called a magic bomb.”

The guests of both worlds shuddered, magic bombs seemed quite mild compared to what had come forth later – the Empire’s Golems and Dead Mana Bombs were far more terrible then the once much feared magic bombs, however the faint memories of this upcoming terrorist attack still made the hearts of the heroes and royal father-son duo from the Roan Kingdom of TBOAH!World clench and ache.

TBOAH!Zed Crossman glanced toward his counterpart and then felt himself stiffen – TCF!Zed was completely different to him, TCF!Zed was relaxed, observing the scene with interest. He wasn’t showing even an ounce of concern or grief for the lives lost.

However rather than exploding the way his boiling blood urged him to, TBOAH!Zed took a shaking breath and calmed himself – deciding to observe first and then, if necessary, speak up and question his apathetic counterpart from the TCF!World.

“A bomb?”
“Yes. A bomb. Magic bombs can come in many shapes and sizes. With this Western continent having a long history of war that was led by magic, it has developed quite a bit.”
Choi Han quietly listened to Cale’s story.

“However, there are a lot of restrictions. The location of the magic bomb, controlling the mana flowing through it, and many other factors cause these bombs to be really complicated to use.”
That was why they preferred to have a mage use their magic during war rather than using magic bombs. But the magic bombs this time are different from those used previously.

“Of those bombs, newly developed magic bombs will go off here, as well as multiple places around here, in six days.”

TCF!Alberu sat back and tilted his head, he recalled the explosion that had occurred near the mountain to the south after those seemingly random objects went hurtling into the sky just as the anti-magic barrier went up, however Cale had never actually told him much else about it.

TCF!Alberu also didn’t know that there had been stationary bombs around the plaza. This made him turn toward Cale.
“Dongsaeng—”
“Hyung… just watch for now.” Cale whispered back to him in a hushed tone, and TCF!Alberu relented and nodded his head, accepting his dongsaeng’s request.

Cale did not think that the five bombs Choi Han and Rosalyn had found in the novel would still be the same. The story had already changed. That meant that this situation could easily change as well. That was why Cale came up with a new plan.
However, he was still certain that the magic bomb terror incident would still proceed as described.
‘Since I was able to confirm that the crazy mage was in this kingdom.’

“When did you confirm that?!” TBOAH!Alberu questioned from across the room. Cale blinked and turned his head toward him; he had to lean forward slightly in order to look around Kim Rok Soo’s big bulky body in order to meet TBOAH!Alberu’s gaze.
“Redika was the one who led the attack on the Blue Wolf Tribe Village – thanks to TCF!Choi Han’s report, I was able to confirm that he was in Roan within hours after arriving in the Capital.”
“Blue Wolf—You mean, Lock?!” TBOAH!Rosalyn’s sharp exclamation of distress was because at Cale’s words TBOAH!Lock suddenly groaned and hunched forward, clutching his chest, and panting in agony with his own grief.

TBOAH!Rosalyn was luckily able to comfort TBOAH!Lock enough to help him calm down and avoid going into a full blown panic attack.
“So that bastard’s name was Redika?” TBOAH!Ron muttered pensively with a frown. TBOAH!Beacrox looked up at his father and then grimaced and returned his gaze to the Palantír.

TBOAH!Zed and TCF!Zed had a fleetingly similar thought while they ignored the chaotic reactions around them. They wondered who had created the new magic bombs and how had it been distributed around the Plaza that day.

Both TBOAH!Zed and TCF!Zed had investigated it extensively with TBOAH!Alberu and TCF!Alberu, but they had still come up with no solid leads. TCF!Alberu had never thought to ask Cale if he knew until now. However, before he could open his mouth to ask the record on the Palantír continued and answered one of his questions for him.

The crazy mage was the one who created this new magic bomb. The secret organization would eventually distribute this bomb to different territories in the Roan Kingdom after the incident at the capital. Of course, they will be hiding their identity as the secret organization.

Unfortunately it seemed his other question would be left unanswered though, but that was fine – at least now he knew who was responsible for the new magic bombs and he also immediately recalled Cale mentioning that that bastard was already dead long before their war against the Northern Alliance had even begun. He couldn’t help smiling to himself and then reaching out to pat Cale’s head. Cale raised an eyebrow and looked at him in confusion.

“Good job, Dongsaeng!” he praised him and noticed the glint of suspicion in Cale’s eyes. Snatching a tray of cookies off the nearby table, he opened it and offered one to Cale, whose expression instantly changed to delight. Cale took four cookies, offering one each to the kittens, the invisible baby dragon in his lap, and then munching on the remaining one with a serene and peaceful expression upon his face.

“Are you saying a bomb will go off here?”
“Yes.”
Choi Han looked around at the fountains and the people in the plaza. A cold voice filled his ear at that time.
“It could be buried somewhere or even installed on a person. Of course, that person will not know it is a bomb and think it is something else, like a bracelet or a purse and have it on them.”
On a person. That phrase made Choi Han turn his head to look at Cale. Cale responded coldly to Choi Han.
“That is why we need to prevent it.”

Choi Han, Rosalyn, and the Black Dragon will be the ones to take care of it. Cale planned to be still. Cale planned to be very still at the capital.
“How can we prevent it?”
“Simple.”
Cale crossed his arms as he leaned on a tree in the plaza and continued to speak.
“Magic bombs, are in essence, chunks of mana. That is why all you need to do is have someone with high mana sensitivity inspect the area and search any locations that seem to have an abundance of mana.”

Choi Han flinched at Cale’s calm demeanor before cautiously asking.
“Is it so much higher that it will be that easily detected?”
“No. It is just slightly higher, making it difficult for any average mage to notice it. But that small chunk of mana can instantly pull in the mana in the surrounding area to create a large explosion.”

Choi Han looked concerned. As a sword user and an aura user, he was slightly sensitive to mana as well. However, he was not as sensitive to it as mages, and could not be of help.
“Cale-nim, I do not think it will be easy.”
“It is very easy.” Cale answered that way as he asked. “Right?”
At that moment, an answer came from above.
“It is doable. Just annoying.”

Understanding dawned on the faces of TBOAH!Zed and TBOAH!Alberu, and they both stared penetratingly at their counterparts for answers. However, TCF!Zed was clueless, while TCF!Alberu feigned ignorance. He was highly aware that Raon Miru had remained invisible for reasons unknown ever since they arrived here and he was not going to be one to oust the child or earn the ire of the other dragons in the hall.

Next to Cale was the Black Dragon, an existence that was said to be the most sensitive to mana. Choi Han quickly understood and nodded his head. He had forgotten that this dragon was a great and mighty existence.

Cale handed the map in his hand to Choi Han.
“I don’t know about the people, but the bombs installed in locations will be installed at least two days before the incident.”
The day of the incident would be when the king arrives. That meant that the security would be multiple times the normal level starting from the day before. That's why they needed to install the bombs at least two days before.

Although Cale knew it had purely been conjecture at the time, it had paid off immensely, and he was grateful that TCF!Choi Han and Raon had been so willing to lend him their strength.

“I don’t know about the other locations, but I am certain that at least one bomb will be near this plaza. This is the place with the most people.”
“Right. I agree.”
“That is why, with this plaza as the center point.”
Cale pointed toward Choi Han and then up to the sky.
“Choi Han, you and the dragon will roam around the capital every night to look for the magic bombs.”
“The two of us?”

Cale patted Choi Han’s shoulder and answered as Choi Han asked.
“Yes. Choi Han, if it is you, I know that you can stealthily move around without being noticed. You are very talented.”
Choi Han quietly nodded his head with a serious expression. He then asked.
“What should we do once we find it?”
“Leave it there for now.”
“…Not get rid of it?”
“We will get rid of it on the day of the incident.”
“May I ask why?”
Cale started to smirk.
“Don’t you want to find that mage?”
It was not the answer to Choi Han’s question, but Choi Han first nodded his head.

Cale looked around the plaza. Everybody looked happy, but members of the secret organization may be mixed in with them. Cale did not know where that blood-drinking mage was located. The mage may be hiding somewhere or roaming around under a disguise.

“A mage needs to be present in order to make a magic bomb go off. The mage who made the bomb needs to remove the restriction to set it off.”
“…Then-”
Choi Han started to speak as a thought came to him before stopping himself and looking back toward Cale. Cale continued on in an uninterested voice.

“First, find the bombs. If you happen to get lucky and find the people installing the bombs, follow them without getting noticed.”
Since the Black Dragon will be with him, Choi Han would stop right before he would be detected by magic. But Cale thought it would be difficult for them to find those people in the process.

It will take a lot of work to look for the locations with a slightly elevated mana fluctuation to find the bombs. It will be very difficult and tiring. That was why Cale left this task to the two of them. He would not be able to help.
“Then do we just have to roam around until two days before the event?”
“No. The two of you will need to come the day before as well.”
“The day before?”
‘Wouldn’t it be difficult because there will be a lot more guards?’
Choi Han did not ask his question. It would be difficult, but still manageable for him. He would just need to spend a little more effort and be a little more cautious.

At that moment, Choi Han could see Cale with his villainous smirk once again. Cale took a black orb out of his pocket and showed it to Choi Han.
“Ah.”
Choi Han let out a gasp. He was familiar with this black orb. It was the Mana Disturbance Tool. It had been used by Cale once before. It was strong enough to have a range of an entire mountain.

“Ahh… Dongsaeng, so it was you…” TCF!Alberu teases, and Cale tilts his head away and feigns ignorance. However, a moment later, TCF!Alberu frowns and turns to look seriously at Cale.
“Hold on a moment… Where exactly did you use this Mana Disturbance Tool before?” He questions, and Cale shook his head. His lips pressed into an impossibly thin line, and his eyes were dark as they met his – with his expression alone, he was clearly telling TCF!Alberu not to ask about that right now.

TCF!Alberu’s expression became stoic and he nodded and turned back to the Palantír, but in his mind he continued to try to think back to any major incidents that occurred before the Plaza Terror Incident that could have been Cale’s doing.

Watching the pair from across the room, TBOAH!Alberu is flabbergasted and almost distressed by how relaxed and casual TCF!Alberu is behaving. He doesn’t understand why TCF!Alberu looks so perfectly unfazed by the events both on the screen and also by Cale’s disrespectful attitude. He wants to grab his counterpart and shake him in frustration. However, he swallows down his emotions and returns his gaze to the Palantír.

“A lot of mages will be there that day, so it probably won’t even last 10 minutes, but it will help. It will make everything related to magic not work for that duration.”
10 minutes was enough.

They just needed to save the people with bombs on them in those 10 minutes. They will be very visible. And, by that point, there will be a lot of humans and beast people to put to work, in addition to Choi Han and the dragon as well. Choi Han looked back and forth between the black orb and Cale.

“Go and work.”
Choi Han blankly stared at Cale. Cale pointed to the beer bar that was famous for its beer and continued on.
“I will be waiting for you here. Just look around until about 11 before coming back for today.”
Choi Han thought for a moment, before letting out a sigh-like laughter and nodding his head.
“Got it. Today, the dragon and I will just look around the interior of the plaza before returning.”

Choi Han had originally thought about asking why Cale was not going with them. However, he quickly realized it. Cale would only be baggage to Choi Han and the Black Dragon as they worked. Cale was weak. There was not even a trace of mana coming from Cale’s body, nor did he look like he practiced any type of martial arts. He was plain, yet not plain at the same time.

People from the TBOAH!World expected Cale to be offended by the candor in TCF!Choi Han’s thoughts, so they were all pleasantly surprised to see Cale as well as all the people of the Hero’s party from the TCF!World nodding in agreement to TCF!Choi Han’s assessment.

“I will work hard, so please buy me a beer when I come back.”
“Sure. Dragon, thanks for your help too.”
The Black Dragon got rid of the soundproof dome, as if to respond to Cale’s words. Choi Han just slightly bowed his head before moving away from Cale.

Two hours later, Cale returned to the residence with Choi Han and the Black Dragon, who did not manage to find anything. They did not manage to find anything the next night either.

They were still completely baffled and couldn’t correlate the supposed ‘Saviour of their World’ being in reality a weak human whom even their hero TBOAH!Choi Han and TCF!Choi Han looked down upon.

Goddess Grigori, who knew their thoughts, smiled inwardly, gleefully awaiting the records detailing the events of the war even while knowing most of them would collapse and pass out from the shock of Cale’s true brilliance.

Grigori waved her hand toward the Palantír and addressed Naur.
“Continue from Chapter 43.”
“Understood.” Naur responded, and swiftly, a new golden sunlit morning scene revealed itself upon the Palantír. TBOAH!Choi Han gulped.

This was a scene he had never seen before. By the time he’d arrived, the Plaza was already in ruins, and there was blood and corpses all over the place. His heart clenched, and he looked briefly toward Cale, who sat quietly talking about something, his voice too soft for anyone to hear, with Kim Rok Soo. Grigori sat back, and as soon as she did, Naur began narrating the new chapter.

<Chapter 43 Somehow>
Cale looked toward the bell tower at the entrance of the plaza. The bell tower had a giant clock on it.
The current time was 8:25 am. It was time for the nobles and priests to enter. The knights started to prevent any more citizens from entering to create room for the nobility.
“Let’s go.”
Cale pushed Eric and the others in front of him and started to walk. He could see all of the people in the plaza as he got closer.

There were so many people that he couldn’t even tell how many people were there. However, they were not completely stuffed like sardines. That was how large the Plaza of Glory was, and the fact that the crown was limiting the number of people helped out as well. In response, some people were in shops near the plaza and roofs of buildings nearby to try to get a glimpse of the king’s celebration.

“Young master Cale, is this your first time at the Plaza of Glory?”
Cale leisurely nodded his head at Gilbert’s question.

At the sound of TCF!Gilbert’s voice Kim Rok Soo flinched and wide eyes immediately fixated upon the Palantir – he abandoned his conversation with Cale to reminisce and memorize the youthful face upon the Palantír which he is finally seeing again after almost two decades.

Cale did not hold this against him, he knew that had their roles been reversed which it likely will be as more records are shown, he would do the same, so he let Rok Soo have this moment and focused on petting the invisible Raon who was still quietly sitting in his lap.

Raon seemed to be brooding over something, and Cale had yet to figure out what it was – when he’d asked, Raon had whispered back that he didn’t want to talk about it. He then begged Cale not to make him talk about it – this made Cale recall the time Raon had been struggling to activate his First Growth Phase, so he gently whispered reassurance and comfort to his son and continued to hold and pet him, allowing him time and patiently assuring him that whenever Raon was ready to talk he would be here to listen.

“Yes. I briefly passed through on my carriage, but it is my first time seeing all of it.”
Cale looked around the plaza as he said that.
The tea shop to the South.
The inn to the West.
A flower shop to the East.
The top of the Ceramist Association building to the North.

These were the four places Cale focused on as he looked around.
“The plaza is pretty large.”
Cale verified the locations the magic bombs were positioned. At the same time, he looked toward the fountain to the south. A young boy was waving a flag, like he was trying to welcome the king. That young boy was Lock.

TCF!Zed and TCF!Tasha went rigid with surprise – these were stationary large-scale magic bombs that would have entirely destroyed buildings and added to the chaos and panic. They both automatically could tell that without anyone to stop it like Cale had done in their world, the other world’s Plaza Terror Incident must have had devastating consequences. TCF!Tasha felt a cold sweat run down her spine as she realized that TCF!Alberu could have been grievously injured at that time and it was only thanks to Cale who protected her nephew right from the very beginning that he was safe.

Her heart swelled with endearment toward the selfless red-haired young master, and she decided she should invite him back to the Dark Elves Underground City for a vacation soon – where he could eat, sleep, shop and slack as much as he liked. 

Meanwhile, TCF!Lock blushed, and TCF!Rosalyn chuckled lightly before reaching over and ruffling his hair.
“Good job Lock!”
“Thank you Noona!” TCF!Lock replied with a bright and innocent smile that set TBOAH!Lock’s blood ablaze with contempt. TBOAH!Lock could not understand why his counterpart was being praised and coddled when he should have been working harder and training himself to get stronger.

However, TBOAH!Lock had learnt from TBOAH!Choi Han’s mistake, he didn’t lash out or voice malicious protests and insults toward his counterpart, he sat still and quiet, bidding his time. Inwardly, his wolf instincts were salivating for the opportunity to catch TCF!Lock by the throat. TBOAH!Lock did not like this pampered puppy version of himself, he felt this naïve fool would only be a burden and a hinderance to the others and it made him want to howl with indignation and anger.

‘Things are going as planned.’
Cale knew that Choi Han and the Black Dragon would be watching him right now, and looked toward the Bell Tower.
The current time was 8:30 am.
“We are opening up a path now.”
The knights closed up all entrances to allow the nobles to enter. At the same time, Cale snapped his fingers.
It was a simple gesture that nobody would question.

Lock disappeared as soon as it happened. It was time to find the hidden items. Of course, it wasn’t necessary at all.
‘The answer will appear at 9:01 am.’
However, it was easier if they knew the answer in advance. Furthermore, since Cale didn’t need to move, it was fine to look for these hidden items.
“Everybody please take a seat over here.”

The seats were arranged with everyone’s names posted in specific seats.
The king and the royal family was not at the plaza just yet. Even the crown prince, who came with the nobles, was not out yet.
Cale arrived at his seat.
“We seem to run into each other a lot, young master Cale.”

At the sound of TCF!Taylor’s voice, TBOAH!Cage let out a broken whimper of distress and only a few heads turned to look her way and found her staring at the Palantír with tears freely running down her face. She didn’t seem to care about dabbing them away or maintaining her composure, instead she was too busy memorizing the image of TCF!Taylor Stan standing on his own feet and talking to Cale as they motioned to take their seats together. 

“That does seem to be the case, young master Taylor.”
It was the same as during the feast. Cale sat down next to Taylor, and looked down at the people below the platform. He then looked toward the Bell Tower.
He recalled the story in the novel.
The single location that Choi Han managed to find a bomb in the novel was not one of the locations this time. There were already many changes to the story. However, at least there should not be anyone who dies by the crumbling of the buildings, unlike in the novel.

Instinctively TBOAH!Basen shuddered and TBOAH!Lily reached out to embrace and offer him support. Noticing their reaction to the words TCF!Basen realizes that unlike in his world, in their world, he had gone to the Capital and experienced the Plaza Terror Incident. TCF!Basen gulped and returned his gaze to the Palantír, he didn’t know how bad the things his counterpart of TBOAH!World had seen and experienced, but he had seen his fair share too, that is why he was now able to maintain his composure and continue to observe and understand what was going on in these records.

TCF!Basen was also working very hard to follow his big brother’s train of thought so that he could learn too. After hearing that Cale really had no intention of becoming the next Duke, TCF!Basen knew he needed to step up so that Cale could comfortably do whatever he wanted in the future he had worked so hard for and even had spilled blood to create.  

The Mana Disturbance Tool was buried underneath the Bell Tower.

“Dongsaeng… you’re so smart. Here have another cookie.” TCF!Alberu teased Cale, whatever witty comeback Cale was planning to make fell away when TCF!Alberu popped a biscuit between his lips. Cale’s eyes narrowed promising retribution, but TCF!Alberu blatantly ignored the warning signs and returned his attention to the Palantír as the record went on.

The current time was 8:40 am. Cale turned to his left after hearing Eric’s voice.
“Cale. Be still. Okay?”
“Hyung-nim.” 

While Rok Soo flinched at the sudden sound and appearance of Eric. TCF!Alberu’s amusement disappeared entirely, and he started to pout. He didn’t like that Cale was calling someone else ‘hyung’ so respectfully, and he especially didn’t like feeling like his place had been stolen. However, all those thoughts vanished a moment later because Cale suddenly had a biscuit between his fingers and was generously offering it to TCF!Alberu.

Blinking a few times to compose himself as he took the cookie, he smiled lightly and decided to let it go. After all this was the past, he reminded himself that he is now a far superior ‘hyung’ to Cale. He did not notice the way Cale silently shook his head in subtle exasperation or the way TCF!Hong upon his lap shared a very mischievous feline smirk with his sister who was still lounging out on Rok Soo’s lap. 

Eric became nervous after hearing the tone Cale used to call out to him.
Cale, who used to enjoy wearing fancy clothes and showing off until just two years ago, was suddenly only wearing dark clothes, and had a completely different demeanor about him.
“I will be very still today. I plan to do nothing at all.”

Eric was captivated by Cale’s voice, and subconsciously nodded his head.
Cale seemed to be satisfied with this reaction, as he laughed and looked at the clock again.
8:45 am. He could hear the Black Dragon’s voice. The dragon was looking at him as Cale expected.
-15 minutes left.
Dragons were really capable of everything. There was nothing their magic could not accomplish. Cale praised the Black Dragon internally as he got up from his seat.

Not only the TCF!Dragons, but also the TBOAH!Dragons found themselves absolutely preening, even though they didn’t understand why, at Cale’s praise. Begrudgingly, the TBOAH!Dragons decided that they shouldn’t judge the red-haired human too quickly, especially since there was really something about him that made them feel curious and intrigued. They were all becoming more eager to know what their counterpart’s relationships were toward the red-haired human and were quickly becoming curious about this mysterious Black Dragon who was apparently being granted special permission to remain invisible by the Goddess.

“The stars of the Crossman family, our royal family, are now entering!”
Only one entrance to the plaza was open at this time. The crown prince was in the lead, the second and third prince flanked his sides, and the other princes and princesses walked in behind them. A group of individuals with beautiful blonde hair entered the plaza. This was the royal family that was blessed by the Sun God, the pride of the Roan Kingdom.

Unlike TBOAH!Zed, TBOAH!Alberu, and TCF!Zed who grit their teeth and cringe at those words, TCF!Alberu straightens up and sits proudly in his place beside Cale, smiling even brighter than usual. Cale chuckles lowly when he caught sight of the way Grigori nodded her head in approval to TCF!Alberu’s reaction to the words Naur narrated.

The cheering of the citizens filled the plaza. It was so loud that it felt like the ground was shaking.
Cale looked toward the royal family, and lightly clapped. And then, it was finally 8:50 am.
“His Highness, King Zed Crossman, the sun of the Roan Kingdom, is now entering!”

The healthy 50-year-old king appeared in the plaza in his parade carriage. Cale was watching the king, before moving his gaze away to another spot in the plaza. He could see a flower pot on top of the Ceramist Association building to the north. The current time was 8:55 am.
‘They dismantled it.’
Cale started to smile.
Rosalyn, The Black Dragon, On, and Hong will now hide within the crowd in the plaza.

King Zed was slowly heading toward the plaza from far off in the distance.
Zed Crossman had risen to the position of king at the age of 20 after the former king’s sudden death. He utilized this time of peace to his advantage, killing off all of his siblings to solidify his position of power.

TCF!Alberu sighed softly and then felt Cale nudge him lightly and motion toward the cookie tray that was out of his reach. TCF!Alberu put away the depressive thoughts of his family issues and instead carefully picked up the tray again and held onto it watching in mild amusement as Cale distributed the snacks between his children, Rok Soo, TCF!Alberu, and then took the last one for himself. The moment the empty tray returned to the table, it magically replenished itself right in front of TCF!Alberu’s eyes.

The fanfare for the king was still very loud. King Zed passed through the plaza entrance and headed to the highest platform. Cale just calmly watched this all happen.
There was a special platform for the king in front of the Bell Tower.
Cale looked at the clock again.

Current time was 8:58 am.
The King lifted up his hand, and the cheers slowly died down. Finally, once the plaza was completely quiet, the king started to speak.
“It has already been 30 years since this king has received the blessing of the sun to rule over this kingdom.”
The king seemed very happy. Unfortunately, it was now 9 am.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 13.5K 89
There exists a young woman who has alot of power in her hands. She is innocently cruel, and mercilessly arrogant. She is the all powerful overseer. S...
26.7K 1K 8
in which, cale henituse was a prettiest person to ever exist. forget dragon, even goddess of beauty will never beat him in terms of beauty. but how c...
491K 27.6K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
274K 7.6K 52
Sora Takahashi died saving his classmate from Truck-kun. Instead of moving on to the afterlife, he was given a choice by the Goddess of Worlds. He co...