Fire & Flame | Klaus Mikaelson

By ShanayaSalvatore

'he set fire to the world around him, but never let a flame touch her' [BOOK ONE OF LILY FORBES] [THE VAMPIRE... More

fire & flame
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
act two
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
act three
one

fourteen

2.2K 88 70
By ShanayaSalvatore

14. Dangerous Liaisons

Lily slowed opened his eyes and immediately put her hand over her eyes as the sun fell on her eyes, immediately confusing her, she never opens her curtains so how was the sun in her room right now, finally opening her eyes fully, Lily slowly sat up and that's when realisation crossed on her, she wasn't in her room, she was currently in Rebekah's room at the originals home.

Last night, Rebekah, Klaus and Elijah insisted that Lily stay the night and Lily was too tired to argue but she made it clear that she wasn't sharing a bed with Klaus, much to his dismay, but much to Rebekah's happiness who insisted they have a sleepover and that's exactly what they did.

"Oh great, you're awake" an excited Rebekah said, entering the room, "I was just coming to wake you up".

"It's to early for you to be this excited" Lily complained.

"We're throwing a ball" Rebekah informed, ignoring Lily's comment.

"A ball?" a confused Lily asked.

"Yes, a ball" Rebekah repeated.

"Why?" Lily asked.

"Mother wanted to celebrate the fact that we're a family again" Rebekah replied.

"My head still can't wrap itself around the fact you're mother is alive" Lily admitted, Rebekah having filled in on her everything.

"A lot of people can't" Rebekah said, "Now come on, get up, we have to get our nails done".

"Yeah, no thanks" Lily said.

"You think I was asking?" Rebekah asked.

"Yes?" Lily said.

"Wrong" Rebekah said, grabbing Lily's hand and forcing her out of bed.

"Rebekah!" an annoyed Lily yelled, as Rebekah dragged her downstairs.

"Shh, less complain, more enjoying" Rebekah said, dragging Lily into a room where three of our brothers stood, Finn was getting his pants tailored, Kol was checking his suit out in the mirror while Elijah chose his shoes for the night.

Elijah smiled seeing Lily, who gladly smiled back, "I don't suppose you can convince Rebekah not to make me her personal doll for tonight, can I?".

"Unfortunately, my sister doesn't listen to anyone but herself" an amused Elijah said.

"Clearly" Lily chuckled.

"Darling" Kol called Lily, "Tell me how handsome I am".

"Oh, Kol, she's a werewolf she can't be compelled" Rebekah said, making both Lily and Elijah laugh.

Before Lily could say anything to Kol, a furious Klaus entered the room and glared at his sister, "You went after Elena?" he asked, "What is wrong with you?".

"Here we go" an amused Rebekah said.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus threatened.

"Again with the dagger threats?" Kol asked, "Don't you have other tricks?".

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself" Klaus snapped.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol asked.

"No, Kol, but you are in my house" Klaus retorted, walking over to his brother.

Kol stood up and walked closer to Klaus, "Then perhaps we should go outside".

"Is this normal?" Lily whispered to Elijah, seeing him not even faced one bit.

"Very much so" Elijah whispered, "Don't worry, slowly you'll get used to it".

"Enough" Esther told Kol and Klaus, who stood there glaring at each other, "Niklaus, come".

"Your mother is scary" Lily told Elijah and Rebekah once Esther and Klaus had walked away, making them and Kol laugh while Finn glared at the werewolf, a glare missed by everyone.

"Rebekah wasn't out of her box a day before she tried to ruin my life" Klaus complained to his mother, following her into another room, "What happened to peace? Acceptance? Family?".

"You put daggers in their hearts" Esther reminded, "You want them to go on their knees and kiss your feet for reuniting them?".

"So it's a crime to want our family to be as we were?" Klaus asked.

"You need to give it time, Niklaus" Esther said, "I've had a thousand years on the other side to be angry and to heal, I'm here to make sure this family does the same".

"I just don't understand" Klaus admitted, "I killed you and still you forgive me".

Esther took a step closer to her son, "It's been my dream for a thousand years that this family could be as one, forgiveness is not a chore, it's a gift, now, who are you bringing to the ball this evening?".

Klaus chuckled, "Don't be ridiculous, you're lucky I'm even going".

"Well, I wish you would reconsider" Esther said, "I think you and that girl in our living room will look wonderful together, all you have to do is ask her, it's going to be a magical evening".

***

After spending some time with Rebekah, Elijah and Kol, Lily finally decided to go home, though a bit reluctant as she was enjoying spending time with the three originals, she was a bit disappointed that Klaus had disappeared somewhere but his other three siblings kept her very entertained.

As Lily walked towards her porch, she frowned seeing a box laying on her porch and a envelope on top of the box that had her name on it, but not her adoptive name, her biological name, Laya Singh.

A smile formed on Lily's face reading that name, she knew who this was from, there was only one person who knew her real name and how much that name meant to her.

Lily carried the box and envelope into her bedroom and after placing the box on her bed, she proceeded to open the enveloped addressed to her.

Please Join The
Mikaelson Family
This Evening At Seven O'Clock
For Dancing, Cocktails,
& Celebration.

Lily flipped the invitation over and realised something was written on the back.

Save me a dance,
Fondly,
Klaus.

Lily smiled reading that note, realising her suspicion was right, this gift was from Klaus, looks like Klaus is making a habit of gifting her things for events.

Placing the envelope on her bed, Lily proceeded to open the box and once again she was in awe of Klaus's choice.

***

Lily's Look For The Mikaelson Ball

Once the sun had set, the Mikaelson ball had officially commenced, Klaus stood in the middle of the guests, all dressed up in his tux, keeping the people entertained when his eyes landed on the entrance, and immediately he was stunned seeing Lily, she was wearing the dress he gave her, but according to Klaus, it wasn't the dress that added to Lily's beauty, it was Lily who made the dress look beautiful.

As soon as Lily entered the ball, her eyes immediately started searching for a certain original hybrid, after a little bit looking, a huge smile formed on Lily's face when her eyes connected with Klaus's, who gladly smiled back at her.

"Good evening" Klaus greeted, as he walked over to the werewolf.

"Good evening" Lily chuckled.

Klaus forwarded his arm towards Lily, "Drink?".

"Please" Lily said, looping her arm with Klaus's and letting him lead her away.

***

After spending some time with Lily, Klaus left her with Caroline so he can go stand with his family on the staircase.

"If everyone could gather please" Elijah called out, "Welcome, thank you for joining us, you know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance".

"The woman in green, is that their mother?" Caroline whispered to Lily, looking at Esther who stood on the top of the staircase.

Lily nodded her head, "She's really scary".

"I can tell" Caroline whispered back, observing the original's mother, someone neither of the two sisters got good vibes from.

"Tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz" Elijah announced, "So if all of you could find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom".

"Why are you still standing here?" Caroline asked her sister, as everyone dispersed to find themselves a partner for the dance, "Go dance with your original hybrid".

"First of all, he's not my original hybrid" Lily clarified, "Second of all, I'm not asking him for a dance".

"Why not?" a confused Caroline asked.

"It's embarrassing" Lily mumbled.

"You're embarrassed to ask someone to a dance?" an amused Caroline asked.

"Not someone, Klaus" Lily clarified, "What if I ask him for a dance but he doesn't want to dance with me?".

"Oh my god" Caroline laughed, "This is a historical event, my sister, Lily Forbes, who has no filter on her mouth, is scared to ask a guy for dance".

"Lily", before Lily could open her mouth and tell her sister off, someone called out her name, turning around, Lily realised it was Klaus.

"Hey" Lily whispered, really hoping Klaus hadn't heard her talk with Caroline.

"Dance, little luna?" Klaus asked, forwarding his hand towards Lily.

Lily looked at Klaus wide eyed, before she could overthink everything, Caroline nudged her sister with her elbow and with her head gestured for Lily to put her hand in Klaus's, which Lily eventually did, "Sure" she whispered.

Caroline watched with a huge smile on her face as Klaus led her sister towards the ballroom.

"Why are you doing this, Caroline?" a furious Stefan asked, walking over to the Forbes vampire.

"What am I doing?" a confused Caroline asked.

"You're pushing Lily towards Klaus" Stefan snapped.

Caroline sighed, "Stefan, whether you like it or not, Lily has a connection to Klaus, instead of ignoring it, we should just accept it".

"Klaus will only put Lily in danger" Stefan argued.

"No, you put Lily in danger" Caroline argued back, "Look Stefan, I'm worried for Lily as much as you are, probably even more, but you didn't know the old Lily, I did, she never let anyone in the way she let Klaus in, I agree Klaus is a horrible person, but you can't deny the fact that there is something between them, I mean isn't that why you used Lily against Klaus, because even you know, Klaus cares about Lily, in a way that no one ever has, in a way I think Klaus is the only one who can show Lily that she is someone who deserves love, that she isn't broken".

***

Lily and Klaus, Damon and Elena, Rebekah and Matt, Stefan and Caroline, after much pleading from Caroline, stood together in the ballroom.

As soon as the song started, Klaus and Lily started taking steps forward, their hands intertwined with each other.

"You look ravishing tonight" Klaus told Lily.

"It must be the magic of the dress I'm wearing" Lily teased.

Klaus shook his head, "It's not the dress, it's the person whose wearing it".

Klaus span Lily around and pulled her back to him, with Lily's one hand going to his shoulder and the other intertwining with his, while Klaus other hand went on Lily's waist, the duo then started waltzing around the room together, their eyes not leaving each other's for even a moment.

"You know, you're quite the dance" Klaus praised.

"You're just saying that to flatter me" Lily said, "I know I'm horrible at dancing".

"You really underestimate yourself, Laya" Klaus said, "You should try looking at yourself from the eyes of others".

"I have" Lily retorted, "Everyone in this town sees me as the screw up Forbes, the one with anger issues, the one whose broken, the one who no one will ever love".

"This town is wrong" Klaus stated, "You're not a screw up, you're not broken, and out of everyone in this town, you're the one who deserves to be loved the most, you truly are incredible Laya Singh".

Lily looked at Klaus, she was stunned, she didn't know what to say to him, she couldn't say anything, she didn't think any words will be able to convey what Klaus's words did to her heart, so in response, she simply gave him a shy smile.

After a little bit more of dancing, a reluctant Klaus had to spin Lily into the arms of her next dance partner.

"Elijah" Lily smiled, as the noble original placed his hand on Lily's waist and his other hand intertwining with hers.

"Lily" Elijah greeted, "You look beautiful".

Lily smiled at Elijah, "Thank you, I have Klaus to thank for this".

"Niklaus gave you that dress" Elijah agreed, "But you added to it's beauty".

Lily chuckled, "Klaus said that same thing to me, you brothers really know how to charm a women".

"Only the special ones" Elijah said, a small smile on his face.

***

After the dance ended and Elijah went to talk to Elena, Lily decided to go outside for a breather, as she stepped outside, a smile formed on her face seeing a horse standing outside, Lily quickly walked over to the horse and started patting it.

"You like horses" Klaus commented, walking over to Lily.

After the dance ended, Klaus looked for Lily everywhere but she was no where to be seen, thinking she had gone home, Klaus was ready to ditch the ball and go check on her, but as soon as he came out, he breathed a sigh of relief seeing Lily standing outside, admiring the horse.

"I love horses" Lily admitted, after a moment of peaceful silence, Lily finally looked at Klaus, "Something's bothering me".

"Which is?" a curious Klaus asked.

"This whole charming thing you're doing with me, is it because of the spell or are you--?", Lily stopped midsentence, not sure if she wanted to say the next words.

"Or am I?" Klaus asked, he had a feeling what Lily was going to say but he needed to hear it from her before he did anything.

"Or" Lily whispered, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Or?" Klaus asked, taking a step closer to Lily.

"Or" Lily repeated, for some reason she couldn't for the life of her form a sentence.

Klaus took another step towards Lily, he put his finger under her chin and forced the werewolf to look into his eyes, "What's happening between us, it's not because of the spell, maybe the spell led me to you, but I do genuinely fancy you, you're beautiful, you're strong, you're full of light, I enjoy you".

"So, whatever this is, it's real?" Lily asked, "It's not because of magic, it's because of us?".

Klaus placed his hand on Lily's waist and pulled her closer to him, leaving almost no space between them, his other hand leaving her chin and going behind her neck.

"There is magic between us, little luna" Klaus admitted, "But that magic isn't the one that causing me to be so captivated by you, it's you".

"Yeah?" Lily whispered.

"Yeah" Klaus whispered back.

Lily looked into Klaus's eyes, for a moment neither of them did anything, but eventually, Klaus started leaning in, giving Lily enough time to push him away if she didn't want this, but Lily didn't push him away, instead she placed her hand on the back of Klaus's neck and pulled him down to her faster, and quickly placed her lips on to his.

Klaus smiled into the kiss and gladly kissed Lily back, he put his hand on the back of Lily's head and deepened the kiss, the two werewolves stood under the night sky, starting a new phase of their relationship, completely unaware of what tomorrow was going to bring them.

***

"Good evening, ladies and gentleman" Esther greeted, standing on top of the staircase and addressing the guests, "Waiters are coming around with champagne, I invite you all to join me in raising a glass", Klaus grabbed two champagne flutes and handed one over to a smiling Lily, "It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back together as one, I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening, cheers".

"Cheers!" everyone said.

Klaus and Lily clinked their glasses together, and both of them took a sip of the champagne, completely missing the way both Elena and Esther were observing them.

***

"Why did you bring me up here?" a confused Lily asked, as Klaus led her upstairs to his room, "I hope you don't think I'm going to sleep with you right after our first kiss".

Klaus laughed, "I didn't think you would either, I brought you up here to show you one of my passions".

Lily looked at the wall infront of her, "Wow" she whispered, looking at the painting stuck on the wall, "Who painted that? It's beautiful", Klaus shrugged his shoulders, a smile forming on his face, causing Lily to look at him in confusion, wondering why did he suddenly look so smug, when suddenly realisation drew on her, "Oh my god, these are your paintings, aren't they?".

"Yeah, um, actually, one of my landscapes is hanging at the Hermitage not that anyone would notice" Klaus bragged.

Lily chuckled, she looked down at the desk that were full of sketches made by Klaus, one sketch in particular caught her attention, "These--".

"Are your eyes" Klaus finished, grabbing the sketch from his desk, "It's the first thing I saw of you".

"In your dreams?" Lily asked, Klaus nodded his head, "I never saw you in my dreams, I just heard you, and the moment we met in real life, I recognised your voice immediately, you've haunted me a lot in my dreams Klaus".

Klaus chuckled, "Well, you've been no less, I became so desperate to meet the woman in my dreams".

"And you did" Lily whispered.

"I did" Klaus whispered back, as the two smiled at each other, no other words were exchanged between them, they didn't have to, because even without words both Klaus and Lily knew, they were definitely more than two random people who dreamed of each other, there was something here, something neither of them were in to much of a hurry to figure out, they had a lot of time in their hands to figure out where they're going to take this, or so they thought.

***

"No violence, that was all I asked" a furious Esther said, entering her study along with Elijah, after witnessing the fight between Kol and Damon, "Rebekah and Kol disgraced our family tonight".

"It won't happen again, mother" Elijah promised, "I'll deal with them".

Esther took a deep breath, she then walked over to Elijah and placed a hand on his cheek, "Thank you Elijah" she said, "I wish the others were more like you".

Elijah looked at his mother for a moment, before removing her hand from his cheek and giving it a little squeeze, he then proceeded to walk out the room, just as Finn entered the room, after giving his brother a small nod, Elijah walked away, while Finn closed the door behind him.

Finn turned to Esther, "Are we all right to speak freely?" he asked.

"Yes, the sage still burns" Esther informed, letting Finn know that none of his siblings can hear a word of what's going on in this room.

Esther then pulled out a piece of parchment and placed it on the table, along with a knife, while Finn walked over to his mother and observed her facial expressions.

"You're not having second thoughts, are you?" Finn asked.

"Of course not, it's just Elijah" Esther clarified, as she wrote all of her children's name on to the parchment, "He's so moral".

"You're doing the right thing, mother" Finn assured, wanting to make sure his mother didn't back down now.

"You understand what this means, don't you?" Esther asked her oldest son, "This spell I'm casting tonight will bind you all together as one",

"I understand" Finn replied, "When it is time, I will be ready to die".

"Then we must complete the link" Esther stated.

Esther stood up from her seat and grabbed Finn's hand, she then took the knife and made a deep cut on the palm of his hand and let his blood drip down on to the paper, while still holding on to her son's hand, Esther started chanting, Finn watched in fascination as his blood travelled to each of his siblings name, first Kol, then Rebekah's, then his, then Elijah's and lastly Klaus's, but what confused Finn was when as soon as the blood reached Klaus's name, another name also appeared, Laya.

"Laya" a confused Finn whispered, "Mother whose Laya?".

"Laya is Lily Forbes" Esther informed.

"Why did her name appear next to Niklaus's?" Finn asked.

"Because of Ayana's spell" Esther replied, "Ayana's spell had linked Niklaus and Lily has one long time ago, and now that Niklaus is linked to his siblings, so is Lily".

"That will mean--".

"That when Niklaus dies, so will Lily" Esther finished.

***

Presenting 3x14 of Fire & Flame!

How was the chapter?

Thoughts on Klaus inviting Lily to the ball as his date?

Thoughts on Lily dancing with both Klaus and Elijah?

Thoughts on Klaus and Lily finally having their first kiss?

Thoughts on Esther planning to kill Lily along with the rest of her children?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 80K READS! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

730K 16.7K 51
In which Bonnie's older cousin Natalie finds out she is soulmates with the Original hybrid. (Season 2 - 3) (Klaus Mikaelson x OC) I DO NOT own TVD n...
73.9K 961 10
"ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴡᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ." ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✧ ┊ ┊ ✦ ┊ ✧ ✦ ✧ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟꜱ - ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴꜱ 1 ᴛᴏ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ 3 ✧ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇꜱ - ꜱᴇᴀꜱᴏɴꜱ 1...
46.3K 1.4K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗂'𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝗁𝗒𝖻𝗋𝗂𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾, 𝗂 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂'𝗆 𝖼𝖺𝗉...
36.8K 1.2K 12
~•~: - watching the show tvd/to x the haunting of hill house •yeah she's crazy but her craz...