๐–๐„๐’๐“ ๐„๐๐ƒ โ˜… VELVET & VE...

By deIphinium

Landing the position as the hottest duo's beauty assistant was a breeze. Working the position as the hottest... More

โœฉ
โคท ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
author's note

chapter seven

3.9K 134 225
By deIphinium

chapter seven

!

"We're sorry." Veneer apologises, snivelling. His hands had encased your own, holding them tightly to his chest.

Somehow, you had mustered what little energy you had left to come into work the very next day. Despite having a total breakdown, you're far from a quitter. Last night was an indefinite blur for you; the most you were able to recall was being consoled by Roy. Ah, and wine being poured over you. I think it goes without saying, but you'd kept your mouth shut about meeting him in the bathroom. Velvet and Veneer were already enraged beyond belief with his manager for ruining your night.

"I'm not sorry. That klutz had it coming." Velvet scoffs, "It was hardly a spill— you should've seen it. The brat totally did it on purpose."

"Velvet. You're not helping." Veneer hisses at her, before turning to you with sorry eyes, "We're also sorry for pouring eight bottles of wine over Chiffon. We got a bit... mad?"

Velvet crosses her arms, murmuring, "Highly deserved, if you ask me."

"It's fine." You laugh breathily.

"It's not. We won't force you to go somewhere like that ever again, promise." Veneer presses, shaking his head, "We should've ran after you, and made sure you were okay... How about we make it up to you today?"

"What? But I've got work to do... you're releasing your next single in just a few days! Your choreographer is nagging me about costumes, the music video—"

Velvet groans, taking you by the shoulders and turning you to face her, "Dolly, you're losing the plot, here."

Wincing, you hate to admit that she's right, "Sorry."

"Don't apologise, just let us treat you."

"It'll make you feel better!" Veneer adds.

"Well, I can't say no to free gifts..." Especially when money's involved— but you don't need say that aloud. They're already well aware of your disposition by now.

"That's the toots I know!"

...

The twins took you across town. You had imagined that it'd be hard, considering their popularity and all, but they'd taken the initiative to contact security on their own. Ultimately, a few guards discretely follow the three of you around and rally up any over overzealous fans (which would have them on overtime, because everyone knew and adored the superstars).

Maybe a break was what you needed. A step back from everything. Feeling comfortable with Velvet and Veneer in a casual setting, rather than something work-involved. It's nice. Really nice. You'd found yourself wishing that the day would never end; that matters such as working to survive and graduating were trivial things on your agenda. Within Mount Rageous' largest mall, you stand inside a cute little froyo store. After confessing to Velvet and Veneer that you'd never tasted the sweet treat before, they immediately steer you towards the shop.

Gasping, you run towards your favourite flavour, pointing at it excitedly, "That's my favourite! Can I get this?"

Wordlessly yanking the largest cup, Veneer immediately piles mountains of the flavour inside, as if being a froyo server was his true calling. You'd expected him to stop once the yoghurt had swirled to the top, but he kept going. And going. And going...

"Wait, wait! Veneer, that's too much!" Glancing towards Velvet for some sort of sensible agreement, you'd noticed she'd taken a cup of her own, filling the same flavour excessively high, "Velvet!"

After they'd paid for the exorbitant amount of froyo without batting an eye (easily the same expenses you'd spend on groceries), the three of you find a booth. With spoon in hand, you prod at the yoghurt. Velvet and Veneer watch you expectantly, leaning forward when you raise a small serving to your lips and eating it.

"So?" Veneer urges.

"Well? How is it?" Velvet adds.

When you swallow, you cover your hand over your mouth. Who knew that froyo would be the key to fixing every crack and leak in your life? The delicacy melts onto your tongue, doing your favourite flavour the justice it's always deserved. It's sweet— but not overly. The balance is impeccable. If you were on death row, ten servings of this would send you off happily, content and without complaint.

"Really good." You almost tear up, taking another bite, but larger this time, "Really, really good."

Slumping back into the booth smugly, the twins nod approvingly, "We know."

"Maybe I should resign and apply to work here." You laugh playfully, but yelp as both of your cups are stolen from you, "Hey! Give that back!"

"Apologise, then you can have them back, toots." Veneer holds both of the cups out of your reach, grinning devilishly.

Standing, you stretch your arm out for it back, "I was joking, I swear! Froyo doesn't pay as much as you do!"

"Oh! Is someone talking right now? " Velvet whistles, cupping her ears and comically listening for something.

"Not sure, Vels! Not hearing anything at all." Veneer hums, "But these cups of froyo look mad tasty..."

"Don't you dare! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please!" You beg, holding your hands together in prayer.

Smirking, Veneer places them down, "That's more like it."

Swiping the cups away from him protectively, you scoot further away from them, "That was uncivil."

Velvet laughs, relaxing her head against her palm, "As if we'd let you resign, anyway."

Snorting, you devour another spoonful of froyo, "Well I have to eventually. Y'know, boat fares have been really cheap lately? Oughta get them while they're on sale." 

"What?" Veneer frowns.

Velvet sits up straighter; any air of humour around her before quickly dissipating. Instead, a puzzled look had befallen her, "What do you mean, eventually? Boat fares?"

"Yeah! I'm sure I told you, Veneer... When I'd first been hired?" You hum thoughtfully, nibbling on your spoon.

You think back to that day. If you recall correctly, it'd been at Candy's Club. You'd opened up to Veneer, revealing your ambitions. In turn, Veneer had shown you, for the first time, a glimpse of his vulnerability. The twins were somewhat standoffish with you back, then. You remember feeling nervous beneath his judgement. But there was an undeniable difference between your relationship since then. Now, you could explain your aspirations without fear of being mocked. Maybe they'd even support your dreams?

Lighting a memory from within, a look of unease washes over him, "Th—That's right. I can't believe I forgot..."

"What? Told you what? Forgot what? When were you going to tell me, exactly?" Velvet glares at Veneer, whom swiftly avoided her gaze.

"No, I forgot about it! It just— it didn't mean anything at the time, so I didn't..."

"It's no big deal! It's just, this silly thing. My... goal in life."

"And that is?"

Smiling at the thought, you answer, "To leave Mount Rageous. Pack my bags, move away."

Radio silence.

"Oh, how interesting! Very interesting." She laughs loudly, twiddling a strand of lime hair between her fingers. Velvet tilts her head, "To where, exactly?"

"Well, the plan's to leave Troll Kingdom entirely." You explain, "To travel, then settle down somewhere new. I'd love to learn a new language, you know?"

"Somewhere new, hm?" Velvet's eye twitched; you missed it.

"But— I mean, aren't things looking up for you here? Why would you want to leave?" Veneer laughs nervously.

You sigh and shake your head, "I thought so, too. Truthfully, I don't have much passion for things like fashion, makeup. I took whatever scholarship they were willing to give and made the most out of it. What I want most is freedom. No strings attached."

!

Not wanting to leave the twins hanging, you invited them back to your 'shack'. Arriving home, you once again find yourself ramming the door open as a means of getting inside. If it works, it works, right?

"Doesn't that hurt?" Veneer raises a brow, one hand resting on his hip. He watches you scrub the bottom of your shoes against the doormat.

"Yes. Every single time."

Velvet pushes past you, throwing her bag aside. Heading straight for the couch, she holds up her phone, "Wi-fi password, doll?"

"I use my neighbour's one, actually..."

Veneer pulls a disgusted face, "And you call this a home." He enters behind Velvet, following her to the sofa.

"Actually, I've started calling it a shack, thanks to you." Veneer sends you a charming smile, to which you sneer at.

Kicking off your shoes, you glance over at the two popstars who've found a comfortable position upon your couch. For a moment, you considered telling them you'd found it on the side of the road one night after work, just to see their reactions. But they'd probably barf right then and there, and you were not having that. Strolling into your kitchen, you tap your chin contemplatively as you peer into the fridge. You weren't sure why you even opened the thing, you hadn't gone grocery shopping in nearly a week.

Peeking your head around the corner, you offer a lopsided smile, "Sorry, I have nothing here for dinner."

"You're delusional if you thought I'd eat anything out of that swamp, dolly. I've already ordered something."

Huffing, you stomp over and squeeze between them, "I'll have you know, my homemade meals are delicious."

"Microwaveable meals with salt and pepper don't count, toots." Veneer shrieks as you pounce at him, pulling on his hair, "Velvet! Vels, help me! It's gone feral!"

...

"What is that."

Fluffing up an extra pillow, you turn to look at Velvet; her gaze directed at the teddy sitting on your bed. She steps closer to it, lifting it up and inspecting it closely.

"Oh, er... a gift, I guess." You shrug, opening your bedroom cupboard and tugging out a spare blanket.

"From who, exactly."

Fidgeting with the comforter, you have a finicky feeling that she already knows the answer to her supposed question.

"Don't answer that." Velvet scoffs, "At least sell the eyes."

"What?" You tilt your head, preparing the mattress for the three of you. They had decided to sleepover. Keyword: they, because you had no say in the matter, like usual.

"They're pink diamonds."

"What?!" You drop everything and snatch the teddy from her, holding the furry face up to your own, "I thought they were dollar-store gems!"

"Please, that emo has enough bank to end world hunger, it's sickening." Velvet avers, "Oh, and dolly?"

Lowering the bear from your face, you answer, "Yes?"

"If you don't get rid of that thing yourself, we're burning it." She says, her endearing voice contradicting the words behind it.

A chill spirals up your spine at the sentence. What a weird thing to say... From behind, a pair of hands fall against your shoulders. You flinch in surprise, having not even heard him enter the room. Turning your head, you glance up at Veneer. His hair falls naturally at this hour; the hairspray style you've come to perfect all but washed away.

"Those little clothes in your closet, too." He utters.

Swallowing nervously, you shudder at their ability to go from humorous to frightening in seconds. That look in their eyes can't be right; neither can the possessive traits you've borne witness to. It could be entirely on you— or perhaps it was their enigmatic history with Roy, and his ever persistent entanglement with you. Regardless of what it is, something's terribly wrong here.

Even if someone told you to run in the other direction, it's too late now, isn't it? Your legs are tied.

!

apologies shorter chap, not happy with it but gets message across. clinically insane unfortunately but am sure you can tell by the way this story is going. hugs and kisses xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 238 19
Orchid meets Velvet backstage, and from there her and velvets story unfolds Orchid gets hired as Velvet and Veneers bodyguard/assistant and Velvet an...
45.1K 1.8K 65
What if Veneer pretended that he lost Floyd but secretly is helping him get back to his brothers. Before people accuse me of doing a pro-ship please...
14K 684 25
Mount Rageous' reigning popstar, Y/N, faces unexpected rivalry as the dynamic duo, Velvet and Veneer, emerges, determined to claim the number one spo...
7.3K 123 30
Basically just a story about how Velvet and Veneer adapt to the prison life and all that jazz ^_^ I will also be taking requests for one-shots as a...