Beauty & The Beasts (Twisted...

By SweetPea-23

Young and gentle Y/N L/N is tired of her provincial life and the people around her treating her like an outsi... More

The Mirror's Choosen One -1-
Cats and Fire -2-
Orientation -3-
Catastrophic Fires -4-
Ramshackle House -5-
First Fight -6-
The Ghosts of the Dorm -7-
The Great Seven -8-
Charred Queen of Hearts -9-
Chasing Trouble -10-
Fallen Chandelier -11-
Into the Mines -12-
Heart to Heart to Spade -13-
Fight for the Stone -14-
Crowley's Offer -15-
Hearts and Tarts -16-
Uniformed -17-
Painting Roses -18-
Classes of NRC -19-
NRC Cafeteria -20-
Chestnut Hunting -21-
Broken Eggs -22-
Tart Making -23-
The Unbirthday Party -24-
The Purple Cat -25-
The Trial -26-
An Unhinged Tyrant -27-
Past Pain -28-
A Proper Unbirthday -29-
Grilled Cheese Trade -30-
Housewarden Meeting -31-
The Investigation -32-
Into Savanaclaw -33-
A Suspect -34-
An Ally -35-
Family First -36-
Stampede -37-
Claws Bared -38-
Spelldrive! -39-
Infirmary -40-
Deep, Dark, Sea -41-
Sea Scandal -42-
Spying -43-
Into The Mostro Lounge -44-
It's A Deal -45-
Sleeping In The Lion's Den -46-
The Coral Sea -47-
Conversations -48-
Shocking Plan -49-
Plotting a Plan -50-
Atlantica Memorial Museum -51-
Games -52-
Breaking Point -53-
Bullied Octopus -54-
Tying Up Loose Ends -55-
Closed Dealings -56-
Winter Break -57-
Receiving Cookies -58-
Cooking With Spice -59-
Feast at Scarabia -60-
Confusion at Scarabia -61-
Failed Escape -62-
Oasis Maker -63-
Familial Obligations -64-
Escape to the Sea -65-
Doubling Dorms -66-
Game Night -67-
Rest is for the Weak -68-
Busted! -69-
Viper's Venom -70-
The Perfect Distraction -71-
Parade in the Desert -72-
SDC? -73-
In the Apple Tree -74-
Practice Makes Perfect -75-
Hunting for a Hunter -76-
Auditions -77-
Acceptance... Arrow? -78-
Dorm Guests -79-
Apple Juice and Skin Care -80-
Late Night Antics -81-
A Shoe Errand -82-
Sparks Fly -83-
Trip to the Beach -84-
Fighting and Dancing -85-
A Ticket or Two -86-
Club Tour -87-
Around the School -88-
Rise and Fall -89-
Toxic Attitude -90-
A Beautiful Defeat -91-
Show Time! -92-
One Vote Margin -93-
Let the Search Begin -94-
Performance Fee -95-
Intruders -96-
What To Do -97-
Brash Decisions -98-
Planning a Route -99-
The Way of The Blot -100-
Data Testing -101-
Matchmaker -102-
Arrive at the Island -103-
Gamer Bros! -105-
A Voice -106-
Blackout -107-
Turn for the Worst -108-
One or Two -109-
Coffins and Holograms -110-
Long Time No See -111-
Night Raven Fight! -112-

Gamer Bros...? -104-

4.2K 179 238
By SweetPea-23

Who's your favorite Genshin Impact character? I love Keaya and Thoma but have a giant girl crush on Jean and don't know why.😳

Taking a deep breath, Idia finally opened the door to the conference room and stepped in, several pairs of eyes immediately closing in on his form. "Ah, I see the acting director and his aide have finally decided to grace us with their presence. Would you be here to offer some words of gratitude to the subjects who completed your entire slate of tests?" Vil drew out bitterly from his seat.

Lounging in the chair next to him, Leona glared at the fire haired man. "Hey, Radish Sprout. What's up with all this canned food and powdered junk? They make the cheap steaks at the school cafeteria look like five-star restaurant fare." He growled in annoyance.

"Agreed," Jamil said with a short nod, "Nutritionally speaking it's fine, but I can't eat foods with such unconsidered flavor and texture. Oh, but if this is traditional Island of Woe cuisine, then I do apologize for my discourtesy." He added on quickly. (Only half caring though).

There was a sudden loud bang from where Riddle was as he had stood up and slammed his hands onto the table, glowering at acting director with a fired look. "IDIA! I demand you supply me with tea this instant! Rule 339 states... 'The post-meal beverage is to be lemon tea with two sugar cubes.' I know we're not on campus, but as Heartslabyul housewarden, it falls to me to uphold the rules wherever I can." He reasoned angrily.

Following the trend of complaints, Azul raised him hand with a stoic look. "Idia. I know better than to ask for unfettered internet access, but at least let me read the morning and evening papers. Preferably one that focuses on world and economic news. I need to stay on top of my investments." The octopus said in a serious tone.

Idia dramatically groaned and gestured a lazy talking motion with his hand. "Yap, yap, yap... What is this, a zoo? You guys are forgetting the chain of command here. I really wish I didn't have to keep spelling it out, but... I'M THE BOSS!" He reprimanded with intense eyes.

The explanation didn't sway the kidnapped folks. "In that case, I have some choice words for "the boss!" Vil said with a quotation mark gesture and challenging look. "Isn't it YOUR JOB to make sure we're treated adequately after you dragged us here by force? If I might quote Styx's core mission... You ensure our "magical lives are safe to explore." And we're all contributing our data to your efforts for free. I think we're entitled to a reward." The blonde argued.

The eldest Shroud stared at him with a blank expression. "Do you all realize you overblotted and caused serious problems for everyone around you?" He said bluntly.

Vil rolled his eyes. "Certainly. But I never caused any trouble for YOU." The male rebutted quickly. "Some people just like playing the victim and lording it over the offender," Leona mumbled lowly, "even when it didn't impact 'em at all."

Idia's eye twitched in exasperation. The NERVE of these guys. "Uh, excuse me... You overblotting has majorly impacted me. Again—I didn't ask to do this," he grumbled angrily to himself, "Now I'm way behind on my favorite character's event, and all my consecutive login bonuses are shot... I've got a bone to pick with ALL you epic troublemakers. Why did both my parents have to step out now, of all times?" The male groaned while running his fingers through his flaming hair.

"Maybe they thought the subjects would be more at ease, since you all know each other." Ortho offered in a whisper. "Anyone with two brain cells could figure out that it's infinitely harder BECAUSE we know each other," Idia groaned in response, "Classic Mom and Dad, always prioritizing efficiency over people's feelings. Their travel logs show they're headed to the Land of Dawning to investigate things further. Probably to question the headmage. Y'know, since he's the one in charge of the school with all the troublemakers. If they needed my help, they could've at least given me THAT job instead." He complained.

Instead of seeing eye to eye, Ortho only beamed happily. "But this is the first time you've had friends over, right? I'm rather happy about that, myself." The robotic boy cheered excitedly. "Huh? Friends...?" Idia said in a clueless tone.

The little Shroud nodded. "Yeah. We haven't experienced this personally, but..." Ortho shrugged sheepishly, "I've seen lots of scenes in TV shows and anime where classmates or clubmates hang out at each other's houses. It's called "having friends over." Isn't it a perfectly common form of socializing for regular people?" He asked innocently.

"Maybe for regular people. But for us? It's just fiction," Idia said with a little sigh, "Besides, this wasn't "having friends over." It was forcibly dragging acquaintances into a lab and making them test subjects." He said bluntly. "But you still brought people you know into your residence." Ortho argued with a sparkling in his eyes.

Idia huffed, unable to comprehend how his little brother didn't understand this. "It's not the same. Those two things are as different as Elysium and the Underworld. You need to update your logic systems," Idia said with a playful, light flick to Ortho's forehead, "And who would call this bunch of troublemakers friends, anyway? You gotta be kidding me."

Rubbing his forehead, Ortho perked up. "What about the others? They came here willingly." The robotic boy pressed on. Idia grumbled in slight embarrassment. "Y/N... and those guys... don't count." He said surely, a clear sign that was the end to the conversation.

There was a loud throat clearing noise from the table. The brothers raised their eyes to meet Vil's irritated face. "Excuse me, what are you two whispering about? Are you even listening to us? And did I hear something starting with (first letter of your name)? Anyways, now that we're finished with the tests, I'd like to get in my daily workout or some yoga." The blonde ordered as he crossed his arms angrily.

Jamil slightly raised his hand up with a bored look. "I could use a bit of exercise myself." He requested simply. Leona growled, baring his fangs to the male at the front of the table. "Give me meat. Any kind." He demanded like a spoiled child. "I must have tea!" The other spoiled child yelled. Azul huffed and crossed his arms. "Bring me a business paper!" He shouted.

Idia grasped his hair (pretending it was these guys' throats). "AAAUGH! SHUT! UP! You're all going home tomorrow. Would it kill you to exercise a LITTLE PATIENCE?!" He hollered, hair flashing into an angry orange-red.

Suddenly alarms started blaring, effectively knocking Idia out of his angered state and allowing his hair to turn back into it's normal state. The speaker perched on the wall spoke up. "Testing of Subjects ROS-859A and SUS-3320B will commence at 1300. Currently thawing Phantom subjects' cages. The facility will go into full lockdown for the duration of the test to ensure the safety of all personnel. All personnel, please return to your stations immediately." The voice requested blankly before shutting off.

The blue lights of the hallway suddenly turned red with electric guard rails springing up. The doors instantly slammed shut and locked. Idia didn't seem to bothered though. Bringing his hands out of his hair, his let them fall loosely to his sides. "...Oh, I guess there's an A-class Phantom test today. That's gonna take a while. Well, guys, you're not leaving this room for the next two or three hours. You're gonna have to entertain yourselves." He reported simply.

"WHAT?!"

The acting director rolled his eyes at their exclamation. "Look, we went over this yesterday—Styx isn't a medical center for regular people. Didn't you hear the announcement? They're temporarily releasing dangerous Phantoms from Tartarus... to test 'em and gather data. We've got the Cerberus System for defense, but there's still a chance things could go south. So everyone shuts themselves in rooms that double as shelters until the test is over. Just in case." The male informed as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Vil looked at Idia for an explanation. "I get the basic idea, but what is Tartarus?" He asked. "Oh, my bad. I was using work jargon." Idia said before Ortho picked back up. "Tartarus is the name of a Phantom containment center that was built under Styx HQ. At least 10,000 subjects are held there." He answered smoothly.

The housewardens (plus Jamil) jumped at that. "TEN THOUSAND?!" They cried.

"I know you said you all brought in Phantoms from all over the world... But I didn't expect such a vast number." Vil confessed, still a little bewildered at the confession. Idia shrugged. "Tartarus was built in the Age of Gods, back when the first Shroud became Watchman. Members of Charon have been gathering specimens from all around the world ever since. It adds up."

Leona hummed. "This place has been around since the Age of Gods? 10,000 seems kinda low then." He mused quietly, gently swaying within his spinning chair. "Well, plenty of 'em fade out over time," Idia reported, "But some of the Phantoms are so powerful, they've been in containment for over 1,000 years and haven't faded a bit."

An unsettled look crossed over Vil's pretty face. "Living as a hate-filled monster for over a millennium... The thought sends a shiver down my spine." He said lowly.

"Styx classifies the Phantoms here into 12 groups based on threat level," Ortho began to explain, "The higher their threat level, the further down they're contained. The A-class subjects we're testing today are exceedingly dangerous. But don't worry! Outside of tests, they're kept frozen in sturdy cages. So no need to be scared! Plus, we have a robust defense system. Dad built the base model for it, and my brother perfected it six years ago. It's called the Cerberus System! We're safe and can feel right at home, even in an emergency!"

Leona's eyebrows shot to his forehead. "Did you say RADISH SPROUT perfected the defense system?" He questioned condescendingly. Vil sweat dropped. "That's the opposite of reassuring."

Ortho deflated at this. "Aww, why? The Cerberus System's amazing!" He argued, "It's perfect, just like its namesake—the legendary guard dog of the Underworld! It covers the entire island, not just Tartarus... And even when unmanned, it's got three brains that determine the most optimal course of action against enemies—"

Before the robotic boy could go off on his informational lecture, Idia placed a hand onto of Ortho's head, slightly matting down the younger boy's flames. "Okay, that's enough, Ortho. These guys don't care one nano-iota about that stuff." He took his hand off and cleared his throat. "Ahem! Long story short, just take the L and find a way to pass the time in here for a while. Right, I'm gonna go now..."

Just as Idia turned around to retreat, Azul spoke up in an irritated tone. "I take issue with you trying to slink away when we've yet to resolve matters. You're not done here until you can offer us something to keep ourselves occupied." He told his board game cloud buddy with a glare.

"Agreed. I won't demand a treadmill, but you could at least provide a yoga mat." Vil said in agreement, slowly nodding his head along with Azul's words. Riddle crossed his arms and huffed. "Personally, I'd like some kind of reference book or grimoire so I can brush up on my studies."

Jamil tapped his chin. "You know, the room I was in last night had movies. Can we put some of those on the monitor here?" The brunet requested calmly. "An afternoon nap's the perfect way to kill a few hours." Leona spoke up proudly as he leaned back in his chair.

Vil turned to give the lion a judgmental look. "You'll throw off your sleep schedule if you nap that long, Leona. You'll be up all night." He warned in a slightly snobby tone. Leona's eye twitched. "Don't worry your pretty little head about me. I ALWAYS sleep well, thank you very much." He hissed back with a tight smile.

The blonde rolled his eyes. "Must you constantly snipe at people?"

Listening to the group's petty conversations, Idia felt a slight tug on his STYX uniform. He looked down to see his brother staring up at him. "Idia..." he whispered worryingly, "There's over an 87% chance these people will start fighting if you lock them in a room together for three hours." The boy warned.

Idia knew he was correct and sighed. "It might not be enough to just give them what they want. I think they'd fight no matter what we did to stop them. Bad endings in every story branch. What's something peaceful you can do for a while with a whole group of people....?" He wondered aloud.

With shining eyes, Ortho clapped his metallic hands together excitedly. "Ooh, how about a board game? One that's for five or more players, with simple rules... Wouldn't The Game of Magical Life work well?" He suggested excitedly.

Idia's eyes widened at the idea and his brother's excited attitude. "Okay, back up! If this crew plays a dice-based game... Chances are they'll start trash-talking when anyone gets a good roll, which will then lead to an all-out brawl." The elder concluded with a roll of his eyes.

The younger Shroud slumped a bit. "Oh, good point. Okay, something non-competitive and simple to play... I know! How about video games? I can download games online and run them. We probably could avoid any arguments, as long as we don't choose a head-to-head game." He suggested eagerly, his mind already made up.

Despite seeing Ortho's point, Idia was still hesitant. He scratched his cheek nervously. "I dunno... These guys really don't seem interested in video games..." He mumbled. "Then we can come up with something else if they say no. Failure is the mother of success!" Ortho responded cheerfully as ever.

"I still don't know..." Idia barely got to finish his thought as Ortho stepped forwards with a wide smile. "Your attention, please!" He called to the chatting (complaining) housewardens (plus Jamil).

Idia spluttered at his brother's bravery. "O-ORTHO!" He cried in shock. "Since you're all stuck here for the next three hours... I propose we play some video games!" The little boy announced, holding his head up in the air to further his revolutionary point.

It was silent for a second while the boys processed what Ortho had just said. Eventually Vil spoke up. "You want to play video games?" He questioned blankly with an arched eyebrow.

Ortho nodded and went on. "I can offer you a vast selection of classic hit games... All downloaded for your entertainment." He explained. Idia, still behind him, nervously shoved his hands into his pockets and cringed. "But, uh, I'm sure you guys aren't into that stuff anyway." He mumbled lowly.

"Hmm. What kind of games do you have?" Vil asked as he tapped his chin in thought. Idia solemnly shook his head. "Sorry, sometimes us nerds can't read a room—wait, what?" He said in shock, rising his eyes to meet that of Vil's. "I asked what kind of games you have." The blonde reiterated.

The acting director blinked in shock. "Whoa. But aren't you like... some sparkly, gorgeous supermodel? Do you really like video games?" He asked in disbelief. Vil tsked and flipped his hair over his shoulder. "What a narrow-minded thing to say. Gamers exist in every field. For that matter, plenty of celebrities play handheld consoles when traveling or during downtime when filming. I don't own one myself, but I've occasionally played one when it was offered to me. I thought it might be nice to do something I don't normally do, rather than squandering the next three hours." He explained with a shrug.

"You know, Vil does have a point," Azul said smoothly, "I hear some Magicammers make a living off posting gameplay videos and other such content. This could open a new, lucrative door for me." The octopus plotted as he pushed his glasses up with a smirk. Jamil hummed in thought. "I had a few consoles back home, but I haven't played any video games since I started at Night Raven College." He admitted slowly.

Idia, seemingly taken aback with the boys' sudden confessions, cleared his throat and looked towards the two quiet housewardens. "Well, Mr. Impossible-to-Please—uh, I mean, Riddle is very studious, and Leona's a prince, so I doubt they play any..." He argued back quickly.

"Huh? Of course I don't," Leona said bluntly, "I've poked at the chess game on my computer when I had nothing better to do, but that's about it." He shrugged. "Forget about a game console; I didn't even have a TV at home." Riddle said as he crossed his arms.

Idia glanced over to them. "I feel validated now that you've both proven me right. Thanks."

Ortho was undeterred, instead opting to ease the difficulty. "Then we should choose a game that's easy for beginners to learn!" He cheered eagerly. But Riddle just shook his head. "Thanks, but I'll sit this one out. My mother told me video games are addictive and can hurt academic performance." He explained firmly.

Idia's jaw dropped. "WUT. Are you serious? Oh man, you're one of THOSE guys. The kind that declares something's bad for everyone just because it's bad for them." The flaming haired male claimed while rolling his eyes. Riddle gave him an offended look. "But it's undeniable that getting too absorbed in a game will cut into your study time." He argued back.

"Yeah. IF you let it get that bad," Idia began, "There's this one study that shows gaming in moderation enhances cognitive function and decision-making skills. If someone's grades tank just 'cause they played a video game, that's not on the game. It's on the person and their lack of discipline! Don't go blaming games just 'cause you don't have any self-control." He said snidely.

Riddle's eye twitched, color rising in his face. Ortho whistled when he saw this. "Hoo boy... I think you've flipped his "go off" switch." He warned his brother.

Idia put his hands up in a surrendering motion. "Oh, but don't get me wrong! I wouldn't DREAM of pressuring you into liking games, of course. Trying to shove a game down someone's throat to prove how fun it is when they don't want to play... Well, that's a complete waste of time AND rude on all fronts. I'm not here to drag your preferences, Riddle. You've been like this your whole life and kept the top spot in your class for years. No reason to mess with success, IMO. After all—you wouldn't wanna risk tanking your grades by picking up a controller, would you? Dyeh heh heh!" Idia sneered with an amused chuckle at the end.

Blinking rapidly, Riddle seemed taken aback from Idia's words. "Wha... Huh...?!" Vil covered his mouth that was letting out a few low chuckles. "Now his nonstop haranguing has left Riddle tongue-tied." He said in amusement. Leona clicked his tongue. "I'm telling you, Idia's got a gift for rubbing people the wrong way."

Jamil raised his eyebrows as he stared at Idia in surprise. "I didn't know he could get so worked up or go on for such a long time." He muttered. Azul shrugged at his words. "Oh, it happens plenty during club meetings when video games or anime come up." The silver haired male reassured.

Face now red, Riddle placed at hand over his chest with a glare. "How dare you! My grades would never drop just because I happened to play a video game!" He cried loudly to the acting director. Idia raised an eyebrow. "Oh, is that so? Strange, that's not what you just said. Or did someone else say "video games hurt your academic performance"? Whee hee!" He rebutted happily.

Riddle huffed and crossed his arms, holding his chin up defiantly. "That only happens when someone lacks proper discipline—which I clearly do NOT." He added firmly. Idia smugly tilted his head. "Are you suuure? You've never played one before. How can you prooove it?" He drew out teasingly, a smile over his face to let his sharp teeth show.

"All right!" Riddle suddenly yelled, "If that's how you're going to be, then I'll play. And I'll prove once and for all that a mere video game cannot harm my grades in the slightest!" He yelled accusingly at Idia. "Whee hee hee! Just don't come crying to me if you have so much fun you can't put it down. Ortho! Bring up the list of games on the monitor!" The elder Shroud requested, excitement already bubbling up inside of him.

With shining eyes, Ortho quickly complied. "On it!" He called eagerly. How well this was going!

Vil tsked. "Now Riddle's played right into Idia's hands. It's rather embarrassing to watch." He said condescendingly with a look of fake pity. "Riddle's very bright, but has zero resistance to trolling." Azul added with an amused smirk. Vil hummed. "And Idia's acting downright childish." He added on.

"Let's see, a suitable game for first-time player Riddle Rosehearts..." Ortho pondered before stopping at one, "I recommend Legend of the Underworld for its simple controls!" Idia let out a little hum in thought. "An early 8-bit title, huh? I have to hand it to you, Ortho. That's an oldie but a goodie." He complimented.

Ortho nodded. "Yep! I figured we could show him a little video game history while we play." He said easily. Vil furrowed his eyebrows in thought. "Early 8-bit? Doesn't that mean it's really old?" He questioned. Idia nodded in confirmation. "Sure does. We've only played the digital re-release ourselves. The original cart goes for a premium online. Not many can afford that!"

"Legend of the Underworld is an 8-bit cartridge game that released on home consoles 35 years ago," Ortho began, "In it, you play as a ferryman carrying souls to the Underworld. You have to collect the souls placed throughout the levels and reach the goal at the end. People consider it to be the original side-scroller."

Idia grinned and shrugged. "The simplicity is what makes it so fun to play! The Underworld setting rules too. There's lots of little details that kids find cool."

Bouncing over to the redhead, Ortho passed him a control Riddle hesitantly took. "Here you go, Riddle Rosehearts. An 8-bit game controller." He cheered. "Um, right." Riddle mumbled as he inspected it. Ortho set the game up on the large monitor and began fitting the settings. "I'll set the difficulty to Easy... There. Now, let's get playing!"

Kinda important side note:
My website I'm using ran out of the English translation, BUT doesn't mean I'm stopping. I'm going to use another platform where the translation is more closely related to the Japanese version, so characteristics and stuff might be a little different. Hope you don't mind.

But the memes won't change!♥️

Leona: It's too early in the morning for this.
*sent at 11:57 AM*

Deuce, on the phone: Uh. . Hey, Trey, I uh, I've been stabbed.
Riddle: WHAT? WHERE ARE YOU?
Deuce: Wait- You aren't Trey. Sorry- I didn't mean to call you-
Riddle: NO, WHERE ARE YOU? IM COMING THERE. IM NOT GOING TO LEAVE SOMEONE ALONE THATS BEEN STABBED.

Y/N, arriving at the Island of Woe: What's the status up here?
Leona: Messed up, about to die, Idia's a nerd. The usual.

Idia, to the Squad: If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!
*silence*
Idia: Dang, y'all depressed asf.
Vil: You didn't clap either-
Idia: SHUT UP!

Azul: Jellyfish have survived for 600,000 years without brains...
Jamil: A ray of hope for Kalim!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

940K 57.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
128K 6.8K 71
[discontinued] WAS Artist! : Lookism Lookism x Female Reader In which (Y/n) is a student within the art department. She starts out with a small grudg...
1.2M 53.3K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
9.1K 413 9
(Y/n) (L/n), the eight deadly sins is second captain was fighting against the demon king with her lovers and comrades to destroy the curse that was p...