Mehr-o-mah (The Sun and the M...

By khwabeeda_afsane08

Zill-e-qamar, a 22-year-old girl with a heart full of hope, yearns for the day when her true love will come a... More

AN
character sketches ✨️
Introduction.
|Champ and chaandni |
| Storm |
| Dream and past |
|Muntazir |
| Sorrow and darkness |
|After 6 years |
|He is changed and her anger |
|Mizaji khuda |
| Outburst |
| His destination |
|Khula|
|The journey of healing|
|Reunion |
|ANGRY WOMEN |

| His confession |

101 27 9
By khwabeeda_afsane08

Tajurba kehta hai ishq, mohabbat se kinaara kar lun,...

Aur dil kehta hai ke tajurba dubara kar lun...!!

_________________________________________

In a quick blur of time, Zill-e-qamar's fate was sealed. It seemed as if the time was rushing for everyone, yet for her, it had stopped. She was hit with a stern wave of misfortune where despite her pleas for help, she had drowned, for not one person in the boat went to her aid.

The Shah mansion was adorned with mesmerising yellow lights. Girls sitting in a circle around her, some were putting the paste of haldi on her face, gleefully and the rest were preparing for the dance, whilst clapping loud. Drum noise echoed through the walls of mansion.

She sat on the yellow coloured large cushion, wearing a colourful frock and light silver jewellery. The extravagant decorations and setting had everyone envy her, who kept a stoic expression throughout the event. Izra was sitting right next to her and was eyeing everyone with distaste.

"Chaandni, abhi bhi waq-". Izra was about to complete her sentence, but interrupted by her mother.

"Izra, idher aana zara".

"Jii ammi". Plastering a smile on her face and getting up from her sit she informed.

"Ha ammi bole"

"Beta, zara tumhare baba aur aftaab ko dekh aao".

"Ji me dekhti hu aap fikr na kare".
.
.
.
.
.
He was entering the backyard, where the haldi function was held, with his chachu; Saeed Hussain. He was looking down. Seems like he is not interested in the function thing.

"Baba, Aap log yaha hai, mene kaha kaha nahi dhunda aapko". Izra said approaching them.

She didn't take a look of him.

"Meri jaan hame maaf kar de, ek call attend karni pad gayi thi". Saeed said while his nose was little scrunched.

"Chale maaf kiya". She winks at him.

"Me chalta hu". He said and left them while giggling.

"Aur tum kyu kabse apna sar jhukaye hue ho. Kahi muh kala kar aaye ho kya?". When she noticed him; controlling her laugh, she asked teasingly while her hands were placed on her waist.

"Me toh thehra sidha sada shareef banda. Aap apne amaal kyu nahi check karti Ms. Tara-sitara". For the first time he looked at her, and teased her with that name again.

"Tumne phir mujhe uss naam se pukara". She gets irritated very quickly.

"Haa, pukara". A wide smile on his handsome face, he teased more.

"Tum mujhe iss naam se bilkul nahi chidhaoge". Pointing index finger at him warningly, she glared him angrily.

"Me bilkul chidhuga".

Huffing, she turned her head in another direction; while crossing her arms around her chest.

"Balke ek baar nahi hazaar baar chidhuga. Tara-sitara, Tara-sitara, Tara-sitara, Tara-sitara, Ta-"

Now he played his card. He was continuesly ranting, looking here and there. His sentence was cut off by the beautiful sight, which his orbs caught.

She was sitting there, between the crowd but yet alone. Those irritating hair strands, which were kissing her rosy-blushing cheeks. Those turmeric paste, placed on her glassy-light brown skin. That colourful frock, fitted perfectly for her. Those silver jewellery, looking like only made for her. He lost himself at the beauty in front of him. What's wrong with him? that he can't divert his gaze. His orbs were shining like the stars.

"Qubool hai" The voice came from his inner self.

Sensing, he was not teasing her she looked at him and shocked seeing him standing like an idiot. But somewhere in her heart she felt peace seeing his twinkling orbs. She missed it alot. And a smile captured on her face.
.
.
.
.
.

After stressful and traumatising hours of sitting with the family and guests it was finally time to rest. As she was about to leave to her room Haniya and other cousin grabbed her hand to ask her to make some wish as she was the bride-to-be and supposedly her duas were effective. To which she replied monotonously "Bus yehi dua hai kay yeh zindagi jaldi guzar jaye".

Haniya was flabbergasted but left her wrist so she went to her room . As she entered her room, she changed quickly the heavy frok into white simple kurta and had matching white pants and dupatta.

She went to the terrace as looking at the open sky gives her some peace. Stargazing at the pitch black sky. Standing there, surrounded by the twinkling stars, lost in her thoughts. It's like she's searching for answers in the vastness of the universe. Full of stars and the moon....but wait, there is no moon today.

Tears started falling from her eyes on their own. And soon she is a crying mess. She was crying silently but the sound of that silent crying was tearing someone else's heart. Her back towards him, that's why she couldn't see him. Neither did that person make any sound, he just kept listening to her silence silently.

Tears were just flowing from her eyes and she was wiping them, continuesly.
.
.
.
.
.

He was walking on the terrace, .Lost in his own thoughts, maybe the thought of someone in which he was drowning. His chain of thoughts were breaked by someone. Maybe not someone but his.....

She was standing alone crying in the pitch black night with her back towards him. She looked so beautiful, that no one could help but admire her. Her open chocolate brown hair reached her waist. She was cladded in a white simple kurta and had matching white pants and dupatta. The dupatta was also hanging carelessly on her shoulder, she had silver bangles in her hands and silver jhumkas in her ears. When she went to wipe her tears, the sweet tinkling of her bangles could be heard. She was unaware of the presence of the person standing behind her.

Seeing this beautiful girl crying like this, he was in a conflict with himself. He didn't know anything, why was she crying like this? Who is she? What is his relation to her? Why is she not showing her face? All he knows about is that he was feeling anxious after seeing her crying like that. He wanted to wipe her tears, he wanted to hide her in his embrace from the whole world. He knew that he himself was surrounded by pain and difficulties. But he wanted to take all her pain and difficulties, and give her as much joys and happiness as he could. He wanted her near him, he just wanted her. Suddenly he came out of his thoughts at the sound of her anklet and saw that she was going.

He wanted to stop her, he wanted to call out her to stop but no words could come out of his mouth as he didn't know her name also. When words came into her mouth and before he could say anything she was gone. But this time unlike his dream she leave one of her jhumkas behind, which he caught.

Picking it, he was just intensely looking at it.

"Maybe this is the last time, you are running away from me 'Chanda' ". He said in a husky yet soft tone, while kissing the jhumka.
.
.
.
.
.
She was going upstairs, she was passing by Zavian's bedroom she heard some voices. Maybe he was talking to someone. She ignored it. She started leaving, but stopped in her track.

"Me abhi ke abhi jata hu aur sab Sach Aftaab ko batata hu. Aaye aur Gudiyaa ko izzat se ruksat kar ke lejaaye". Zavian said getting irritated of the situation.

The door was open a bit due to which she could hear their conversation. His back was towards the door.

"Aur agar usne ye manne se hi inkaar kar diya ke uska nikaah-...".

Suddenly the vase, which was placed on the table was mistakenly dropped by her. She closed her eyes tightly.

"Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho?" He asked in his cold voice.

"Wo...wo...me....".

"Izra, beta tum yaha. Waha se hato aur andar chalo, sab kanch kanch ho gaya hai lag jaayegi tumhe, beta". Baba jani lovingly told her.

"Aur zavi miya tum zara yeh saaf kar do". He ordered Zavian.

"Baba Jani, ye me karu?" He points towards himself and asked in disbelief.

"Ha tum, kyu, nahi kar sakte?" Sarcastically baba jani asked.

"Kar sakta hu". With a fake smile he said.

"To phir karo". Saying this he left with Izra.

"Lagta hai sara ka sara sarcasm baba jani ne mere hi liye rakha hua hai". He muttered to himself.

"Chalo Dr. Zavian, Dr. Sahiba ne jo rayta,..I mean kanch phelaya hai wo bhi saaf karna he". He chuckled at his own words. And started to clean the mess created by his 'Dr. Sahiba' .

Cleaning the mess he entered his room.

"Aap kis ke nikaah ki baat kar rahe the". Knowingly she asked baba jani to confirm.

"Kisi ke nahi". On his grumpy tone she looked at him. Straight in deep black orbs.His heart skips a beat.

"Soch le"

"Soch liya"

"Pakka nahi batayege?" Making a cute pout she asked.

"Bilkul nahi batauga". Diverting his gaze, he told straightly.

"Thik he na bataye. Lekin agar bata dete to kya pata me hi koi hal bata deti, par koi baat nahi". She rolled her eyes and said dramatically. "Achha, ab me chalti hu". Getting up from her sit she said.

"Amm...ruko". She was about to open the door when he stopped her. Pressing her lips together she controls her laugh.

"Jii?" Turning towards him she asked.

"Wo..Ham Aftaab aur Gudiyaa ke nikaah ki baat kar rahe the".

That's it. Her world got destroyed in just a second. The person she loves unconditionally from when she didn't even know the meaning of love, is married. Tears swam in her light grey orbs.

Sometimes, we broke our own heart, hoping that someone would find parts of our that they could love. She got the honest feelings for him, but it's not the right time ro maybe he is not the right person whom allah Almighty written for her. It hurts, hurts, hurts, and hurts, but one day it won't.

"Me...me kuch karti hu". Finding some word she muttered out. Saying this she left, fearing she will cry out loud.

"Uska dil kanch ki tarah tuta hua hai, tukdo ko dhyan se smetna. Warna khud ka nuksaan kar bethoge". Baba jani said while caressing his head lovingly and left the room.

A tear from his left eye had fallen on his cheek.

Loving someone deeply is not everyone's cup of tea. Perhaps today they had understood that love does not mean getting everything, happiness of the beloved is important in love. It is not so easy to fall in love and get it because even the best ones lose in front of fate. It hurts to know that, they will never look at you the way you look at them.

Have faith in your Allah. He must have written your destiny better, because Allah loves you more than 70 mothers. How can he see you sad? Just trust in the timings of Allah Almighty, and everything will start getting better. In sha allah.
.
.
.
.
.
"Ya Allah, kya Mein itni mazboot hun jaisa tu mujhay samjh betha hai?. Kya Mein yeh sab aur us shakhs ko bardasht kar paungi? Sab zilat seh paungi?. Agar us shakhs ka sath issi tarah likha hai meray sath tau mujhay aur himmat aur sabr dena. Bas Jis shakhs ki me mutazir thi uss shakhs ke hawaale se mere dil me jo bhi ehsasat, mohabbat, dewangi hai wo mita dena. Baki jo tujhay manzoor ho mujhay qubool hai."

She offered prayer to bring some kind of ease in her heart and what a beautiful concept indeed, she started feeling the peace as if completely drugged through the power of sujood.

As she lay on her bed she felt her head throb with an agonising pain. Even after all of this misery she could feel her faith not thinning. She was not crying, in fact she remained emotionless on the bed staring at the pale ceiling above. Soon sleep engulfed her and without knowing what is going to happen tomorrow, she landed in her dreamland.
.
.
.
.
.
She went to the terrace crying. There were tears that were not stopping, As one tear was being cleaned, another tear would fall on the cheek. As soon as she entered the terrace, she saw Aftab and quickly wiped her tears. She silently stood behind. She didn't even let him know that she was standing behind him.

She just kept looking at him for a while. She was lost in her own thoughts. Maybe she was thinking of him. What if he loves back her someday? At that time, despite the distance between them being small, both of them were far away from each other. She has loved him since the time she did not even know the meaning of love.

Suddenly they saw a falling star in the sky. Aftab quickly closed his eyes and made a wish in low voice.

"Ya Allah, bas ek baar chanda se milade". She was standing near him, so she could hear him.

But Izra, she did not ask for anything this time. If there was nothing then what would she ask for? Nor could she ask for Aftab, neither she ask for the same love from him the way she loved him. Looking at that fallen star, she realized that she too had broken like that fallen star.

"Tara-sitara, tumne kya manga?" He asked without turning back.

Today she was not irritated by this name. Wese thi to wo bohot nakhrebaaz lekin aaj usse apne nakhre nahi dikhane the. She getting irritated when he teased her 'Tara-Sitaara' was also a tantrum. In fact, her favorite thing was that Aftab teased her.

"Agar bata diya to wish kese puri hogi". She said lifting her eyebrows up, a sad smile on her face.

"Izra pyaar dosti hai?" Out of blue he asked turning towards her, while putting his hands in his pant's pocket. And a cute frown form on his face.

"Agar ham maane toh zarur hai". She passed by him and went towards the rose plants kept nearby. There were roses of many types and colors. She moved towards the yellow rose and said looking at it. And there was also a red rose plant nearby the yellow rose plant.

"Achha, abhi jab dil behlane ki koshish ki to socha, tumse mohabbat ki jaye, tumhe yaad kar kar, tumhe sochkar dil ko behlaliya jaye". Looking at her, he was in a mood of teasing her. He knew that if he talked like this, she would definitely get irritated. And he liked this thing very much.

"To kya dil behel gaya ? Yaa phir sach me mujhse mohabbat kar bethe?" Leaning towards the yellow rose, she started caressing it lovingly, and asked in a sad voice. She knew he was lying, he could never love her. Because he was not hers, he belonged to someone else. Tears swam in her orbs.

"Kese hoti". He came, stood next to her and looking at the red rose he told.

"Matlab?" While looking at him she asked.

"Usne hone hi nahi di". Leaning towards the red rose, he gave a simple answer yet for her it was confusing, and started caressing the rose very lovingly.

"Kisne?" She kept looking at him for seconds, she asked diverting her gaze and looked back to the rose.

"Pata nahi, thi koi khwabeeda si, anjani si, jo bas dil ko achhi lag gayi". He said shrugging his shoulders and a wide smile on his lips.

"Kya wo mujhse bhi zyaada haseen aur dilkash lagi tumhe?" She asked emotionally. Many types of feelings were hovering around her. Love, sadness, helplessness, pain and much more.

"Mene uska chehra to nahi dekha". He stopped caressing it, and thinking for a while he said.

"To phir bhatak kese gaye?" She asked, looking at him with so much emotion in her eyes.

"Musafir hu, safar pe manzil ki talash me nikla tha. Phir uski awaaz aayi, laga manzil mil gayi to bas doda doda chala gya uske paas". He turn towards her, And looking straight into her eyes he spoke.

She could look inside his soul, even through his eyes. Today, after so many years, some feelings were visible in those eyes. Maybe today she made the mistake of getting lost in those turquoise orbs again. And due to lack of attention, a thorn pricked her finger. And not a single sound came out of her mouth. Today, she was emotional analysis and maybe not. All physical pain seemed small to her compared to the spiritual pain.

"Manzile yuh pukara nahi karti Aftab". Controlling her tears, she told him while diverting her gaze.

"To kya mujhe meri manzil, meri Chanda kabhi nahi milegi?" He asked childishly. Today his dream had become a reality, but still he was afraid that this might not be the last time. He was afraid of losing his 'Chanda'. Fear of her going away. Fear of not getting her.

"Agar tumhari manzil hui to zarur milengi". She said while standing up.
"Aur tumne to kaha tha ke tumne usse dekha bhi nahi, to phir chanda?"

"Mene uska chehra to nahi dekha, lekin Chanda kehke to pukar sakta hu na." Scratching his neck he said.

"Tumhari nicknames dene ki adat nahi jaayegi". She shook her head and told.

"Tumhe pata hai, mene uska chehra to nahi dekha, par mujhe lagta hai ke wo koi kubsurat dilkash haseena se kam nahi hogi...Wo mujhse apna muh zarur phere khadi thi, magar mujhe uske dard ka ehsaas hua...uske aasuon ko mehsus kiya mene". He stood up and said while putting his hand in his pants pocket.

"Aur tumne usse chanda kehke Kyu pukara?"

"Kyuki wo mere kareeb me hi thi, par ess laga jese...jese wo bohot dur ho jese ki chaand. Usse na dekh kar bhi mujhe esa ehsaas hua ke uska chehra bohot noorani hoga....". He stopped and take a deep sigh. He was not looking at her but unlike him she was just staring at him with many emotions in her orbs.

"Mere dil me usko dekhne ki chah badhti gayi, magar usne apni ek jhalak tak na dikhlayi, aur chali gayi. Shayad usne mujhe apne kareeb mehsus hi nahi kiya". He looked at her and she diverted her gaze.

"Pata hai wo safaid joda uspe ese jach raha tha jese wo uske liye hi bana ho....jese wo chaand ho aur uske aasu...uss chaand ke daag, jo usko, aur kubsurat, aur mazboot bana rahe ho....aur iss kali gehri raat me akele chamakne ka hunar bata rahe ho....isliye chanda".

The entire time he was speaking, he was holding the jhumka in his hand, which he had kept in the pocket of his pants. As if that jhumka was making him feel that it was feeling of being her.

"Pata hai, aasman me aaj chaand Kyu nahi nikla, kyuki aaj wo mere paas aaya tha". He said very intensely in his husky voice while reminding his chanda.

"Bas novels padhte raho aur kahaniyon wali baate karte raho". She shook her head and leave him alone.

_________________________________________

Assalamu Alaikum!!
I am here with a big update!!😅
Liked it or not?❤️
If yes then kindly press the cute star below....😁
Thoughts about the chapter?🤌
Fav seen?✨️
Fav lines? 💗
Target:-10+ votes and 5+comments!!
Comment below!!👇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

909K 60.6K 96
Highest Rank #1 in Pakistan #7 in India #2 in Teenage Ex - Euphoria Ishq agar yunhi mukkammal ho Jaye Toh chahat kis baat ki rahegi * In the heart...
123K 9.2K 22
Genre: Romance, Humour, Drama and Spiritual 'Leave me , You animal.' Falak screamed and Zahi looked at her then leaned more closer to her. 'Well you...
5.9K 585 12
In the cutthroat world of business, Zubair Ali Khan reigns supreme, wielding power that commands respect and fear in equal measure. He is a wolf in...
36.5K 1.3K 21
"I know you are doing this for him, son. You are sacrificing your love for him." Dad said and I smiled. "Dad. They are happy with each other. I don'...