The Keys to My Heart

By MidnightStarz

Nicolette Sincliar has been through enough breakups that would last her a life time. Decided that she had eno... More

The Keys to My Heart
Chapter Two - FML
Chapter Three - Meeting the Jerk
Chapter Five - Payback
Chapter Six - Well, that's awkward!
Chapter Seven - The Stolen Diary
Chapter Eight - The Secret
Chapter Nine - Unexpected Party
Chapter Ten - The Kiss
Chapter Eleven - Wishing Upon A Shooting Star
Chapter Twelve - The Beginning of a Bad Day
Chapter Thirteen - The Threat
Chapter Fourteen - Four Things That Can Go Wrong In One Day
Chapter Fifteen - The 'Private Tutor'
Chapter Sixteen - Unexpected Savior
Chapter Seventeen - The Teddy Bear
Chapter Eighteen - The Talk
Chapter Nineteen - Surprise, surprise!
Chapter Twenty - Hawaii
Chapter Twenty One - Resurfacing Feelings
Chapter Twenty Two - Bad Boy Alert
Chapter Twenty Three - Revenge
Chapter Twenty Four - The Truth
Chapter Twenty Five - Good byes
Chapter Twenty Six - Reunited
Epilogue

Chapter Four - Meeting Prince Charming

9.5K 103 10
By MidnightStarz

Chapter Four - Meeting Prince Charming

Nicolette didn’t have enough time to think about what to do next; instead she trusted her own instincts and ducked. If her father could only see her now… He would be ashamed that his daughter wasn’t doing anything to kick this guy’s ass…

“Mr. Shade! Violence is not tolerated on school property!”   

Both Devon and Nicolette turned to see a lady whom looked like she was in her mid forties. She had black hair that was pulled back in a bun and the way she dressed appeared to be someone you did not want to cross or upset.

Nicolette gave a wild guess that this might be the headmistress of the academy. When she turned slightly her eyes caught the look on Devon’s face. His face was in pure shock, but slowly it transformed into a calmer one.

If this lady was the headmistress, Nicolette was determined to get him into trouble first. “This boy almost injured me! Is that how this school treats all new students around here?! I should complain to my mother! She’ll have this Academy closed down for sure!” she complained in anger. 

“I deeply apologize fo—”

Devon just snorted and cut in quickly. “Well this new girl was going to throw my things out the window; how can I stand and watch around?” he argued.

“He locked me out of my dorm!” I countered.

“But this girl—”

“BOTH. OF. YOU. My. OFFICE. NOW!” said the headmistress angrily as she started to walk down the hallway.

Something told Nicolette that Devon wasn’t the only one in trouble, which pissed her off dearly.

It took a whole five minutes to get to the main office. When Nicolette and Devon entered, the door slammed behind them.

“Alright Devon Shade, what do you have to say for yourself?” asked the headmistress immediately as she sat down in her leather chair.

“Do I get a room to myself or better yet, can you kick this girl out of our school?” he asked, pointing to Nicolette.

She only stared at him in disbelief. Truthfully, Nicolette didn’t mind if she got kicked out of this Academy because she wanted to go back to a regular school. Only there might be some problems with her mom and with her permanent record if she did get kicked out.

The headmistress only shook her head. “No, and double no. Beside I know how your behavior is, and it’s not very good. You will just have to suffer through it. Besides, we barely have any more dorms at this Academy.”

Devon slammed the table in anger and spoke. “My father doesn’t pay five thousand dollars each year for this academy’s finance for nothing!” he growled. “He can take it away from you if I asked him to.”

The women sighed and shook her head. “I’m sorry, but you violated one of our school rules. That is definitely not an excuse to go back running to your father, crying about how I may have treated you unfairly. Even then, your sister would not allow this to happen.” she replied.

Nicolette snickered; she never knew that a headmistress would have this much spunk. “Burnnn.”

Devon rolled his eyes. His sister, the nice one, the smart one, the goody two shoes one. She was definitely going to shoot him down if he somehow gets her out of this Academy.

“Alright then forget my last comment, but I really mean it when I want her expelled!”

Nicolette tried to play it cool, as if any of this was the least of her worries, but how could she when someone wants her out of this school for no god damn reason at all? Besides that, her mom would kill her! Then without realizing herself saying it, she shouted. “NO!”

The two looked at Nicolette and Devon gave a big smirk, knowing all he had to do to make her miserable was to get her expelled from this Academy.

“I can’t make any judgments until I hear out the whole story,” she stated. “However, it does seem like this problem occurred when the two of your provoked each other. Regardless of who started this incident, you two will both be doing kitchen duty for the next month and on top of that, you will each be serving two weeks detention for half an hour in my office. If you don’t attend to them, I will make sure that there would be consequences to that.” the Headmistress said in a stern voice.

“WHAT!” roared Devon, “when I tell my father about this, he will not be pleased, regardless of my sister.”

The women placed a hand on her forehead for a moment and sighed.

“Alright, I know how much your father supports this school and I know things would be a lot worse if we lost him…” she said slowly before heaving another sigh. “Okay, how about this, you have kitchen duty for two weeks and detention for one week?” she suggested.

This was crazy, how could the headmistress be bargaining the consequences for this guy?, wondered Nicolette in dismay.

Devon was still pissed about that, but by the look on the Headmistress’s face, he could tell that she wasn’t going to budge on the offer.

“Fine!” he spat out. “Wait till my father hears.” growled Devon as he walked off.

Nicolette stood still, in deep thought before noticing the creases on the headmistress’s forehead. She wanted to argue it out with the headmistress too, but that would not be respecting her elders as Nicolette parents had taught her to. She just sighed, feeling a little bit sorry for her.

“Do you have to deal with him that way everyday?”

The headmistress gave a thin smile. “Yes, he’s quiet a problem for a lot of the teachers, but even then he gets away with almost everything.”

“Almost everything?” repeated Nicolette.

“Oh yes, his twin sister, Lillian Shade is the complete opposite of Devon. She’s a sweet, respectable, and caring girl. The concept of the fact that they are twins is quiet strange sometimes.  Anyways, whenever Lillian is here, she tries to makes sure that her brother is put in his place and makes no trouble. I’m sure if you ever meet her, you’ll like her a lot.”

Nicolette wondered for a moment that if this girl, ‘Lillian’ was the complete opposite of her brother, Devon. It was hard to believe that Lillian was some sort of good girl, while her brother was a total pain. However, if what the headmistress said was true, then she wanted to meet her. With a sigh, Nicolette walked out the door.

As she walked out of the office, Nicolette couldn’t help, but take her glasses off and shove them into her pocket. She was starting to get paranoid of them sliding down each time she walked, but that was a mistake. Suddenly, Nicolette bumped into someone and almost fell when a hand shot out to grab her arm.

Slowly steadying herself, she looked up to see two pair of gorgeous green eyes looking down at her.

“My apologies, I bumped into you. Are you okay?” the boy asked, his face showing deep concern.

Nicolette had to tear her eyes away from his green one’s before answering. “Yeah, I’m fine actually. Thanks for your concern… Uh, hey listen, you look familiar, do I know you from somewhere?” she asked, pondering where else she had seen his kind of high cheekbone and blonde hair colour before.

The male gave a smile that look so genuine and almost made Nicolette lose her focus when she noticed the dimples he had when he smiled. Right there and then, she knew that he was different from all the boys that she had ever met, except for Matthew of course.

“Well I don’t think we’ve met, but could you have perchance met Lillian, or Devon Shade?” he questioned.

Nicolette smile began to fade at the mention of the jerk.

“Ah, I see you have met Devon;” laughed the male.

She nodded unenthusiastically. “So what do they have to do with you?”

“They’re my cousin and I apologize again, this time for Devon’s behavior if he ever troubled you before.”

Nicolette raised an eyebrow. “Why should you be apologizing for his behavior, it’s not your fault at all. Anyways, I think I can deal with him for now.” she replied.

“Alright, I’ll be around to help you if you need my nanny 911 assistance.” he joked. “Anyways, the name’s Sklyer, what about yours?”

Nicolette laughed, the first time today. “Thanks, I’ll gladly appreciate it and my name is Nicolette.” she said before there was a gap of silence between then.

She was about say good-bye to him, but suddenly within two swift movements, Sklyer took a pen out of his pocket and reached for her hand.

Nicolette’s heart hammered in her chest for a moment as she felt his delicate touch. Suddenly the ball tip of his pen touched her skin and within seconds, a number was written down on the back of her hand.

Skyler let her hand go and gave another smile. “I’ll talk to you soon.” he said before walking away, humming a soft melody, leaving Nicolette stunned and even more dazed.

"Damn, I can't be falling for another guy... am I?" she mumbled to herself.

________________________________________________________________________________

So what do you think about this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 40 4
[16,100 words] After being seen as weak and wanting a change in his life, Kyle Finley decides to join at the nearest Gym. with good reviews from big...
506 23 21
Warner Park | A friends to lovers MxM love story ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • Andrew Parker was born and raised in "the middle-of-nowhere" Al...
155K 5.4K 25
This story and it's characters are basically full of my own insecurities and fears, so yeah enjoy. If you start getting anxiety because of it I am so...
9.9K 202 25
A Highschool In Los Angles, Filled with "Love,Hate, and Revnge". From my "First Love Series". Rayan(Ray) is one of the main characters he used to be...