Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 26

3.4K 194 29
By terasomdi

My phone kept ringing forcing me to open my eyes. It's still early in the morning and this unknown number didn't stop to call. I reluctantly picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said with a sleepy voice.

"It's been a long time Miss Sarocha" the voice said over the phone and I sat on the bed instantly.

I don't need anyone to tell me who I am on the phone with right now. I looked at Becky immediately. she is still sleeping soundly. I gently got out of the bedroom to the living room in order not to wake Becky. I don't want her to hear our discussion.

"Richie.." I muttered as soon as I got to the living room.

"You're very correct. I like how your brain works" he said laughing.

I got so irritated and clenched my fist so hard that my knuckles turned red. I hate him so much. I hate them so much. Because of them I had a mental break down for months. They lied about Becky! They fooled us!

"What do you want?" I asked trying to stay as calm as possible.

"I need to talk to you. Meet me in 30 mins..."

"You're too demanding. Who do you think you are?" I fumed.

"My kid sister is in your bed right now I suppose. Having a little talk about her won't be bad" he said in an unbothered way.

Silence

"I will send the location to you. Be there in 30 minutes. By the way, Do you know where exactly in Singapore your cousin, Heng is? It's best you don't make me send pictures to you..."

"You bastard..." I cursed and clenched my fist so hard.

"Come alone. I'll be waiting for you Miss Sarocha" he said and ended the call.

That bastard! I can't believe he's stalking Heng. I got back to the bedroom and dressed up in a casual outfits. I walked over to Becky who was still sleeping soundly and kissed her on the forehead before storming out of the room. He has sent the location already so I drove straight to the place.

The place looks like an abandoned building with nobody living around. Why would Richie choose somewhere like this of all places? I was still contemplating whether to go in or not when he came out of the building. He has two men walking behind him.

"You're 5 minutes late Miss Sarocha..."

"Get to the point. Why have you called me here?" I said sternly.

"4 years older looks more good on you and your family... I mean look how much you have accomplished. All with someone's sweat and money" he said with an evil smile.

This is actually the first time in four years that we have seen each other. Unlike Becky, he still looks exactly the same. Not even his fashion sense has changed. Wait! Did he say someone's sweat and money? I ignored him and...

"If anything happens to Heng, or any of my people. you will live to regret that" I said angrily.

"Oh really? You care about your family that much? What about mine? You think I don't care about mine as well? You have done nothing but to create problem in my family" He cut me off.

"Why did you call me out here exactly?" I asked with a straight face.

"You know Becky has amnesia right and she's not allowed to be here in Thailand not alone be with you!! It may trigger her..."

"Oh! So now she has amnesia? I thought she died 4 years ago" I responded unbothered and he clenched his fist.

"Don't play that game with me Miss Sarocha. You won't like the end of it" he threatened.

"What kind of a brother are you? You claimed you care for your sister, yet you helped in faking her death? You hurt the people she cared about and hid the truth from her just because she lost her memories?"

Silence

"Yet you have the guts to stand here to lament over how much you love her just because she refused to become your puppet anymore. I am so ashamed of you Richie. You and your dad and the rest of your family should hide your faces in shame!!!" I yelled

"Enough!!" He yelled back.

"Enough of the long talks already! I need you to stay away from my sister. Can't you see you're not good for her? Becky is becoming a different person all because of you"

"Her health is more important and it's not good that she's near anything that will trigger her. Becky is the only sister I have. I want what is best for her!"

"Haven't you asked yourself why Becky still knows nothing even after meeting me? I am careful around Becky. I also want the best for her...." I said

"Do you?" He cut me off.

"I double that because if you do, you will stay far away from her..."

"Thanks for trying. But I'm not gonna do that. I will continue loving Becky just like I have done 4 years ago."

"I guess the money given to your family wasn't enough for you. We can give you more. Just name your price. All we are asking is for you to leave Becky alone..."

"Your family didn't give us a dime. Your dad paid for his crimes and the government compensated us. Do you also have amnesia?" I said.

I felt a little pain in my heart after saying that. I can't believe this idiot made me subtly shade Becky over her amnesia. Richie clenched his fist so tightly and walked closer to me.

"This is the first and last warning to you. Stay away from Becky or face whatever that comes after" he threatened and walked past me to his car.

I let out a sigh and leaned on my car. Instantly, my phone started ringing. Thats Becky calling again. She has been calling when I was still talking to her brother. I cleared my throat and answered the call.

"Come home quickly. I am already missing you" she said over the phone.

"I will be there soon baby"

I ended the call and got into the car. I will have to get breakfast for us because I told her I went to get that. I drove straight to the restaurant that was a little close to the house.

Some minutes after I placed my order, the food was ready and I grabbed the food back to the car. I am thinking about everything. I don't know what to do. These people are threatening my family and that's what is getting me more worried. Should I tell Becky everything? What if her condition gets worst after hearing the whole truth?

As it stands, I don't know what they told her and what they didn't. It's obvious they want to keep hiding the truth from her and they don't want her memories back.

I let out a sigh of frustration and walked into the elevator with bag of food in my hand. I opened the door and got into my apartment.

"Baby I'm home" I said and walked straight to the kitchen.

I arranged the foods on the dinning table and started walking to the bedroom to call Becky.

"Babe?" I called but got no response.

She's probably in the bathroom. I opened the door after a short knock. But she's not in the bathroom. Her things are still here which means she is still around. Even her cellphone is on the bed.

"Where is she?" I muttered

I got out of the bedroom and noticed that the door opposite my room was not properly closed. She's probably there, I got inside immediately but met it empty. Becky is not here.

I looked around the room. The picture of Lily and I wasn't as I left it. Which means Becky was probably here. If she was here, she definitely would go to the other room as well.

Wait! Did I lock it the last time I used the room? I just remembered I didn't lock it because I was in a hurry that morning.

"No.. no.. no.. no.." I muttered and ran to the room.

My eyes widened and my soul left my body when I saw her. I got so scared that my legs refused to move. Becky is lying helplessly on the floor with some pictures scattered everywhere. they are the pictures of us together. Even my journal is here? She saw it all... She knows everything now... Oh! My God! How can I be this careless?

"Baby..." I muttered weakly and ran to her.

Her eyes are closed but she's still breathing. My whole being is shaking. I am so scared. Am I gonna lose her? I am not ready to lose her again! My tears started running down. I just triggered her... I was so careless. I thought I was careful. If anything happens to Becky, I can never forgive myself.

............................................

"Becky?" I can hear a familiar voice calling as I opened my eyes.

My vision was a little blurry and after some seconds I became completely conscious. The room doesn't look familiar at all. Where am I?

"Becky?" The voice called again.

This time she cupped my cheeks excitedly. I let out a sigh and tried getting up but she held me back.

"Don't move. I will get the doctor" Jane said and ran towards the door.

I am in a hospital? How did I get here? I have a spinning headache and it feels like my head would explode at any moment. I looked around the room, there's no one else here. I am on IV drip making me wonder how long I have been here.

"Glad you're awake now. How do you feel?" The doctor said as soon as he got into the room with Jane right behind him.

"My head feels like there's a bomb planted in it" I said and he chuckled.

"It's normal Miss Armstrong. It will calm down within few hours" he said as he examined my body.

"Do you feel pain anywhere else?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Good! You will be fine. All you need to do is take a good rest and please, avoid any mental stress" he said while smiling.

He left the room leaving only Jane and I. She looks so happy. And she immediately took out her phone to call Richie.

"How long have I been here?" I asked weakly.

"You've been unconscious for two days now" she said.

"Fuck" I mumbled.

I was unconscious for two days? Gosh! This is bad. I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I am still weak and the headache isn't helping at all. I laid back on the bed while facing the ceiling.

I am trying not to overthink like the doctor instructed but I can't help it. I must have passed out in that room! After seeing those pictures. I can't believe Freen and my family lied to me. They kept me in the dark. I asked Freen severally if we had met before but she denied it. When Richie found out about Freen a week ago, he didn't tell me she was the one I dated back then. They hid her name and what she looked like from me.

I hate them all. I don't want to see them. I feel so betrayed by them. I hate her so much for keeping me in the dark but a part of me still wants to see her. Where is she now? I'm sure she must be very worried about me.

After some minutes, Richie arrived. I didn't talk to him neither did I agree to talk to my dad on the phone. There's only one person I want to talk to but she hasn't come to see me yet.

It was 8 o'clock in the night, and I was beginning to think Freen may not come. I asked everyone to leave the room because I wanted to sleep. They didn't like the idea but after insisting, they reluctantly left.

I closed my eyes ready to sleep when the door opened and she slowly walked in. She stood stiffly when she saw me. My heart started racing. I can see pain in her eyes. Before now, I was angry at her but now that she's here, all my anger is gone. I just want to run into her arms. I can't explain the joy I feel, having her here right now.

She probably sneaked into this room without anyone knowing. I'm sure Richie wouldn't have let her come anywhere near this room if he had seen her.

Freen looked a little nervous as she dragged her shaky legs towards me. I am happy she's here but I still want to sulk a little. I closed my eyes and turned my back at her.

To be continued...............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fallen By itsK98

Fanfiction

37.1K 1.7K 24
"You don't have a choice. Since I get back your wings, you must protect your heart. Please be kind and show love always my daughter" the light said a...
83.7K 3.6K 37
** I fell in love with GAP the series and loved the actress that played in this series. This is purely fan fiction and hope you like and follow the s...
79.5K 1.4K 22
Warning: Mature Content - explicit, highly detailed scenes - The road to being together is not so easy. Feelings, work, jealousy and sex, a whole ra...
Scratch By Wolfie

Fanfiction

303K 10.1K 53
Freen is a serious badass femme fatale who's given up on love. That is until Becky forcefully pops into her life. However, with her own skeletons, wi...