Rewriting the Strings of Fate...

By Soul-liee

"I spent half of my life away from you and in every step, in every moment I thought about you and moved fo... More

Prologue
1: Dwapara Yug
2: Saved from Injustice
3: Successor?
4: The Panchal War
5:The Return of the Princes
6:Not to Dwarka?!
7: A duel it is!
8: Durshala's Marriage-1
9: Durshala's marriage-2
10: Durshala's marriage-3
11: Durshala's marriage-4
12: Durshala's Marriage-5
13- Durshala's marriage-6
15-Her Swamyvar
16:Him and Her
17:The wedding
18:Time Skip
19:The Beginning of Mahabharat
20: Shree Krishna
21:Krishnaa's Swamyvam
22: Krishnaa's swamyvam -2
23:Back to Anga.
24: The pretty flower field
25:To Hastinapur
26: Welcoming Draupadi
27: Welcoming Draupadi-2
28:No one like Arshia
29: It's him
30: Innocence
31:Innocence-2
32: Arshia's Pregnancy
33: Arshia's Pregnancy-2
34: Vrishaketu visits Hastinapur
35: Vrishaketu is curious
36: Indraprastha
37: Subhadra is pregnant
38: Arshia in a turmoil
39: Happy Times
40: To Indraprastha once again!
41: Abhimanyu
42: Vasudev Krishna
43:Jarasandh
44: Angraj Karna
45: 14 days later
46: Prathamarghya
47: Shishupal's end
48: Duryodhana's insult
49: Forgiveness
50: Wanting to go back.
51: Convincing Draupadi
52: The dangerous dice game
53: Force
54:Insult
55: Anger
56: Revenge
57:Pran jaye par Vachan na Jaye
58: 12 years
59: The last year
60: Duryodhana's threat
61: Facing a war
62: Meeting Him
63: Plans
64: Dwarka.

14-Months after....

1.5K 87 10
By Soul-liee

It has been 23 days to the Lakshaghraha event and even though Arshia knew they were safe and sound,she was worried about them.

Arshia sat on the chair close to her balcony. She rested her right elbow on the railing,her hands providing support to her chin. The soft cold winds made contact with her face and blowing her hair. Her eyes wandered the busy streets of Dwarka. She could see little children begging their parents to buy things from the stalls,some workers trying to sell their products and the women laughing with other women.

In the midst of her thoughts,a dasi had entered and informed her that Krishna had requested her in his chamber. She wore her footwear and proceeded to his chamber, questions filled in her minds.

.

"Pranipat, Govind. Pranipat,Dau" Arshia said as soon as she entered the chamber. Her head being down,she didn't realise the presence of another human.

"And I suddenly don't exist" Arshia lift her head in the speed of light at the familiar voice. A bright smile took over her calm look as she ran to hug Subhadra.

She was not present in Dwarka when she had arrived. Arshia was informed that she had gone out in a journey to the neighboring and friendly countries of Dwarka.

Pulling out from the hug,Arshia couldn't help but notice the saddened expression on Subhadra's face. Assuming it was because of Arjun,she said

"You know,I have a feeling the Pandavas aren't really dead,they can't be. So, don't be so tensed"

Subhadra's eyebrows scrunched up as she gulped down the saliva that had gathered near her throat out of nervousness.

"I know but that is not the only reason I am so tensed and you know that"

Arshia tilted and shaked her head, indicating that she had no idea what she was talking about. Subhadra widened her eyes and stared at Balram and Krishna in shock and disbelief. Balaram shaked his head and looked at Krishna,who was smiling nervously.

"W-what's going on?" Arshia asked nervously. She saw the pity-expression on Subhadra which simply added on to her worries.

"You three are scaring me"

"Arshia,bhrata Krishna is going to arrange a Swayamvar for you"

She felt the world freeze. Her hands went numb and her mouth fell dry. She opened her mouth to speak something but closed it again,not knowing how to properly react to this situation.

"Arshia,I know it's surprising and you have the full right to decide if you want this or not,you can deny it's completely fine. Kanha doesn't know what he is doing" Balram glared at Krishna,who was sitting very relaxed,not really suitable for the current situation.

Feeling the ability to talk again,Arshia opened her mouth and spoke

"I-I have no i-issues with this (the gulp be heard very clearly)s-swayamvar"

The smile of Krishna's face widened as he stood up and hugged his friend. Breaking the hug and ignoring Arshia's troubled expression,he kept on babbling about how he knew he was correct.

.

Arshia had excused herself from the three siblings, feeling the suffocation finally hit her. She was taking a troll in the garden,still not being able to grasp the thought she might be married off soon.

"Why didn't you just deny him?Why did you have to agree to him?" She heard Subhadra say. With her(Arshia's)back turned to her(Subhadra),Arshia said

"He is Vasudev Krishna,he must have planned it for my welfare . I am sure he won't take a rash decision for m-"

Subhadra grabbed her wrist and turned her around. Her heart felt a pang of pain when she saw Arshia's sightly red-eyes.

"It doesn't matter what he thinks,Arshia. It's what you think, it's what you want. Don't let your love for bhrata make you take actions against your own will,Arshia"

Arshia shaked her head and wiped away a tear.

"Subhadra jiji,woh Vasudev Krishna he aur unke isharo me to duniya chalti he...me unke adesh se kese piche hat jau?"

(He is Vasudev Krishna and the world dances on his orders...how can I back away from his order?)

"Pata he,Arshia. Pata hai tum bharta ki bahat manti ho,par tum kush ho?Tum thik ho?shadi keliye?"

(I know Arshia. I know you really admire bhrata,but are you happy?are you okay?for marriage?)

"Subhadra jiji, would you deny him if he had arranged a swayamvar for you?"

Her question was answered with silence. Subhadra lowered and shaked her head. Arshia mumbled a 'exactly'. She turned her gaze to the rising moon and sighed, somewhat cursing her fate.

.
.
.

"Him?King Dremuna?(OC)want to invite him?"

"I don't know and I don't care,Subhadra jiji" Arshia said, sliding down the chair, sitting at the edge of of the chair. She rested her head on the chairs top and sighed, closing her eyes. This morning Subhadra was too excited for Arshia's swayamvar.

Subhadra slightly hit her head and made her sit straight up.

"What?You have already invited more than 20 kingdoms!Why do we need more?" Arshia whined.

"It's about you! That's why!" Subhadra exclaimed.

"Subhadre,Arshia are you all done with the invites?" Krishna entered the room,his cheerful voice filling the room.

"Yes,Bhrata. I think it is all done. Could you look over the list?" Subhadra said handing over the list. Krishna moved his eyes over the list,a frown forming on his face.

Arshia,tired of discussing her marriage,stood up and grabbed water.

"Subhadre,what about Ang Pradesh?" Arshia spit her water out back in the glass. She coughed gaining all the attention in the room.

A sly smirk played on Krishna's lips but he hid it when Arshia turned around.

She poured the water in a plant and placed the glass beside it, walking over to Subhadra and Krishna.

"Hastinapur is on that list"

"Still,an invitation to Ang has to be sent. Go,do it know"

Subhadra pouted in annoyance and walked away.

"What do you mean, Ang? Angraj Karna isn't supposed to..."

Arshia widened her eyes, knowing what she was about to say. Krishna raised his eyebrows.

"Why are you so sure that he is going to win you?"

To show resistance,she said

"Let's take such a situation. If he wins, destiny and fate are going to change which you yourself said was not preferable"

"Whatever happens in your swamyvar will have an effect in destiny and fate none the less. You aren't here to just witness the great Mahabharata,Arshia. You are here to make a change"

Arshia sighed and shaked her head sitting down

"I can't and will not try to understand what you said"

"It was so straightforward that even I felt bad to utter such words from my mouth"

Arshia rolled her eyes at his mocking tone and turned her head to the opposite direction.

"Done!" Subhadra announced once she entered the room.

"Amazing!Now I exit" Arshia stood up and went towards the door. Subhadra pulled her back and said

"Not so soon!We have to pick out your dresses,your jewellery and what not!!" Subhadra said dramatically said pulling Arshia. She passed a helpless look to Krishna to whuch he mockingly shrugged.

.

Hastinapur

"Rajkumari Arshia's swayamvar?In dwarka?" Shakuni asked to confirm as the das nodded.

"Bacche Duryodhana!You know what this can lead to,right?" A cunning tone asked. Duryodhana smiled and nodded.

"They must have sent an invitation to Ang too,mamashree."

Shakuni frowned.

"So what,bacche? I am saying if you win her hand for marriage,we will ultimately have Vasudev's support and no one in Aryavart can even think of defeating us!"

"I know, mamashree. She is beautiful, probably one of the best beauties in Aryavart and she holds unimaginable powers. But if she marries Karna,what is the difference?He is devoted to our friendship!"

Although Shakuni was skeptical and would have preferred if the power was in his hands and not Karna's,he still agreed to Duryodhana's words knowing to some extent he is right.

Duryodhana stared out of the window and smirked,not the evil one just the smirk of satisfaction.

"It's you,Karna. It's you"

"Mamashree,I have to go to Ang! right at this instant!" Duryodhana said turning around, startling Shakuni in the process.

"But Duryodhana, it's lat-"

"Pranam Mamashree!"

.

Ang Pradesh

"Angraj, Yuvraj Duryodhana has entered the grounds of Ang Pradesh and is asking for permission to enter the palace" a das spoke,with his head down.

Karna,who was practicing archery,turned around wide-eyed.

"What do you mean permission? it's his own kingdom. Please ask him to come hear" Karna said, wiping off his sweat. The das mumbled a yes and went to call Duryodhana.

"Well well,my mitr! Working so hard!" Duryodhana said, wrapped his arms around a sweat-drenched Karna.

"Mitr,I am sweaty-"

"It's fine!I am extremely happy today,Karna! don't mess it all up"

Karna's mind was filled with questions wanting to know why Duryodhana was so happy but didn't ask, knowing he would share the reason of his happiness once he was done hugging him.

Duryodhana pulled away from the hug as his eyes fell on a parchment set on the table. He shaked his head.

"What happened?" Karna asked.

"Why haven't you opened this parchment yet? You do know this is from Dwarka, right?"

Karna nodded.

"I was going to"

As Karna went forward to grab the parchment, Duryodhana snatched it and put it behind his back.

"Well as I am here,I am going to tell you what this parchment is!" Duryodhana exclaimed.

"But how would you know what is written in the letter?"

"You can ask the whole of Aryavart and they would have the correct answer. It's Rajkumari Arshia's swayamvar invitation"

Duryodhana said holding the letter up high and letting it unroll infront of Karna. He widened his eyes and read the letter. He peaked behind the letter and nodded, assuring Duryodhana that he can remove the letter from his sight. Duryodhana excitedly nodded and kept the invitation on the swing. He walked behind Karna and wrapped his arm around him.

"So are we going or not?" Karna, confusely,nodded.

"I mean they invited us,we will have to go"

Duryodhana softly shaked his head.

"Well,you have to win!" Duryodhana patted his back and went infront of him.

"Why do I have to win?You can also win,you know"

"I would prefer you to win"

"Wh-"

"Too many questions!I have rushed here and I am tired. I have to rest,lead me to my room"

He said hurriedly. Karna nodded at his demand and led him to the royal guest room.

.
.
.

In Dwarka.

It was 11:30 in the night and Arshia had just got back to her chamber. This day was a hectic one for Arshia,all because Subhadra was too excited and wanted to complete everything for the swamyvar today itself.

Removing her footwear,she left her feet and set it on the soft bed and sighed, staring at the celling. Thoughts, billions of thoughts ran through her head. Among them millions where questions itself, questions only Krishna knew the answer to.

Not having the energy to go up and change into something more comfortable,she closed her eyes and slept...

"Come back,Arshia. Come back-"

.
.
.

Thank you!
Enjoy reading!
Vote!

(And thank you for 4K+ reads!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 10.1K 109
"Two Hearts Intertwined Across Different Eras" Aanya, once living a life so plain, A simple existence, her heart not quite enthralled. But fate, with...
7.5K 438 16
โ€ข|SLOW UPDATES|โ€ข โ ๐Š๐šฬ„๐ฅ๐šฬ„๐ญ๐ฆ๐šฬ„ ๐ฌ๐š๐ซ๐ฏ๐š๐›๐จ๐จ๐ญ๐šฬ„๐ง๐šฬ„๐ฆ โž ~แด›สœแด‡ แด›ษชแดแด‡ ษชs แด›สœแด‡ sแดแดœสŸ แดา“ แด€สŸสŸ สŸษชแด ษชษดษข ส™แด‡ษชษดษขs. ฤ€shi and Viyana, two kฤlyugi sisters...
4.4K 213 11
#2nd in Dvapar Yuga Awards [Vyaktitva Category] The wife of Arjuna. The sister of Krishna. The mother of Abhimanyu. Subhadra has always been defined...
24.6K 880 26
This is a fanfiction of Subhadra, my favourite character from the Mahabharat. From days of kanyakul to becoming Arjuna's wife , this book has it all...