The Witch Among Humans

By Fanboyv10000

Luz Noceda is known as many things in the Boiling Isles - strongest wild witch, outlaw of the night, etc. How... More

Chapter 1: The Witch
Chapter 2: The Gateway
Chapter 3: The Human Realm
Chapter 4: The Deal
Chapter 5: The First Day
Chapter 6: The First Bout
Chapter 7: The Aunt
Late Notice
Chapter 8: The School Known as Hexside
Chapter 9: The New Monster
Chapter 10: The Restricted Area
Chapter 11: The Guardian
Chapter 12: The Job
Chapter 13: The Basilisk
Chapter 14: The Plant
Chapter 15: The Carving
Chapter 16: The Coven
Chapter 17: The Blight
Chapter 18: The Disagreement
Chapter 19: The Bout - Part 1
Chapter 20: The Bout - Part 2
Act 1 Ending
Chapter 21: The Snakeshifter
Chapter 22: The Library
Chapter 23: The Palismen
Chapter 24: The Bat Queen
Chapter 25: The Bully
Chapter 26: The Monster of Hexside
Chapter 27: The Preparation
Chapter 28: The Prom
Chapter 29: Grometheus the Fear Bringer - Part 1
Chapter 30: Grometheus the Fear Bringer - Part 2
Chapter 31: Grometheus the Fear Bringer - Part 3
Break Notice
Chapter 32: The Recovery
Chapter 33: The Invite
Chapter 34: The Grandparents
Chapter 35: The Cardinal
Chapter 36: The Grave
Chapter 37: The Trials
Hiatus Notice
Chapter 38: The Split-Up
Chapter 39: The Time Long Forgotten
Chapter 40: The Rematch
Chapter 41: The Family
Chapter 42: The Norm
Chapter 43: The Secrets
Chapter 44: The Arrested
Chapter 45: The Passing Time
Chapter 46: The Café
Chapter 48: The Hunter
Chapter 49: The Date
Break Notice
Chapter 50: The Anticipation
Chapter 51: The Invasion - Part 1
Chapter 52: The Invasion - Part 2
Chapter 53: The Invasion - Part 3
Chapter 54: The Invasion - Part 4
Act 2 Ending

Chapter 47: The Tension

41 2 3
By Fanboyv10000

You seriously don't know what a Carousel is? It's the spinning thing with horses!

I haven't been to many fairs. Maybe I've seen something like it.

Something like- how sheltered are you?

Luz took a while to respond. She hated any time Amity pointed out something that she should know. Like a Carousel! Eventually, she typed up something. I need to go to a fair next time one is close.

Well, there's actually one a few blocks from my house. Maybe the two of us could go there together.

Luz nearly squealed in excitement. Her first trip to a fair in years. She nearly went to ask if she could invite Willow and Gus to make it a party.

Then the reality set in. Amity was asking her to go to the fair. Juts the two of them. Just Luz and Amity. Oh. My. TITAN!

Her face went tomato red, realizing that this might count as a date with her crush! "Wait. Amity didn't say this was a date, s-so maybe this is a friendly outing! Between good friends! Yep, totally!"

Luz quickly responded to the text. Yes! That would be super fun! When should we go?

She laid back on her bed, totally enthralled by her sudden luck. Maybe this wasn't a date, but hanging out with Amity was always a plus in her eyes.

Meanwhile, at Blight Manor, Amity dropped her phone onto the mattress. "Is this a date?!?"

She didn't take any time to really think about what this was. Asking her crush to go alone to a fair... which typically had at least one "love ride" styled attraction?!?

But this was Luz she was talking about. Luz probably wanted to go with a friend.

Still, Amity couldn't get the other day out of her head. Your hair was beautiful at Grom. That wasn't a typical friend statement. And if it was, Luz's reaction made it clear she was embarrassed.

Put simply, this could be an unofficial first date for the pair. Amity needed to make sure she was fully prepared, and that meant she needed time.

She typed her responded in the text chain. How about Friday? We won't have to worry about school, and my mom should be at a dinner meeting. Maybe at 6?

A few minutes later, Luz responded. Great! See you then!

"Yeah. See you then." Amity laid on her bed, unable to get the cute brunette out of her mind. This was going to be amazing.

Three Days Later

Ding. "Coming!"

Eda made her way to the front door. She hadn't ordered food or anything, so who could be at the door?

When she looked through the peephole, she sighed. Eda opened the door. "Hi, Lilith. How are you?"

"Good." Lilith yawned. "Tired, but good. How have you and Luz been doing?"

"Alright. Juts so you know, this is the third week in a row you've come here directly to ask me that."

"O-Oh, is it?" Lilith gave a small smile. "I just want to make sure my sister and nice are doing well. You also told me not to call too much."

Eda rubbed her head. "Yeah, because you always call when I'm in the middle of something. You want something to drink?"

"N-No, I'm good." Lilith yawned again. "I was wondering if I could see Luz again."

"She's at school."

"Oh, right. It's Friday." Lilith nodded to herself.

Eda eyed her sister suspiciously. "Are you sure you're feeling alright?" 

When given a nod, Eda decided to take matters into her own hands. She dragged Lilith into the house, sitting her down on the couch. "Sleep."

"I don't have-"

"Sleep." Eda crossed her arms.

"I have more paperwork to fill out." Lilith said. "I've spent the last six hours trying to catch up, but I still need more time."

Eda nodded, before shrugging. "Then take a power nap so you can keep going without falling over. Otherwise you won't get anything done."

"You sound like you have experience." Lilith commented.

"Eh." Eda responded. "I've always had a bad attention span, especially since high school. Now sleep."

"I-I should really..." Just then, King crawled on top of the couch, brushing up against Lilith. She fell onto her side, out in a matter of moments.

Eda chuckled. "Still the same, huh sis?"

---

"Wait. You and Amity are going to the fair? Alone?" Gus jabbed Luz with his elbow.

Luz laughed. "Stop it. Just hanging out."

"Maybe you can scout the place out." Willow added. "Then we can go as a group tomorrow."

"As long as Belos doesn't send more people over." Gus sighed. "What is up with that, anyway? He knows they can't beat you in a fight. I'm surprised he hasn't sent over a large group yet."

Luz stammered. "U-Um, I don't think h-he'd do that. Belos needs his people in the Boiling Isles.  I-I mean, not need for any big reason! Just law enforcement stuff!"

Gus and Willow looked at each other. "Are you doing alright?" 

"Y-Yeah, of course!" Luz gave them a big smile, but her friends didn't fully believe it. She needed to do a better job at keeping the invasion a secret. That meant not saying weird stuff like she just did. "Anyway, what do you two usually like to do at a fair?"

"Mini-games!" Willow answered.

"Cotton Candy!" Gus exclaimed. One look at Luz, and he realized something shocking. "The Boiling Isles don't have Cotton Candy?"

"Not that I know of. But I'll look it up." Luz pulled out her phone, realizing that they were going to be late to class. "Shoot. The bell is about to ring!"

The trio rushed to their final class of the day, just barely making it in time.

Language Arts went by surprisingly quick today. The lesson was pretty boring to Luz, but she could hardly pay attention to what was going on either way. She felt too excited for tonight.

Sure, they wouldn't be going right after school, but Luz could still hardly wait.

In fact, she almost missed what the homework was. Luckily, Gus wrote down simplified notes to keep track, and he let Luz take a quick picture of them.

Once the bell rang, she practically sprinted out of the classroom, leaving Willow and Gus behind. Gus tried following her as best he could, but Willow poked his shoulder.

"She's not gonna be available for the rest of the night." Willow said.

Gus looked puzzled. "But Luz said the date was at 6?"

"Don't underestimate how long it takes to get ready. Why don't we just go to my house? My dads are going on a dinner date."

"Sure."

The duo, one friend short, slowly made their way out of the school. They went the opposite direction of Luz, deciding to have a normal day.

Unfortunately for them, a blond-haired witch on a staff was high above, following the pair as they walked. His magenta eyes honed in, like an animal chasing prey.

At the same time, Luz and Amity went to their separate homes to prepare.

Luz walked in, surprised to see Lilith on the couch. Eda explained that her sister was tired, so she let Lilith sleep there for now.

"Don't let us stop you." Eda said. "I know you've got a date to get ready for."

"N-Not a date!" Luz exclaimed. "Just two friends hanging out."

"Sure." Eda said smugly.

While at the Blight Manor, Amity had laid multiple outfits on the bed. She was analyzing to figure which would be the best choice. "Which one is best?"

Her Grom outfit was probably too fancy for a fair, but the hair comment from Luz stuck in her mind. A part of Amity considered her regular school outfit. "Too casual."

"What do you mean too casual?" Emira asked.

"Ba!" Amity yelped. "Don't do that!"

Em snickered. "You've really fallen hard for her."

"N-No. I just-" Amity sighed. "This needs to go well. I'm trying to figure out how to make tonight go well. SO if you don't mind, I could use some time to think."

"Or maybe another pair of eyes." Emira went over next to her sister. "Standing out is kind of my thing. I even taught Ed how to dress for casual dates."

"It's not- I mean, I would appreciate that." Amity looked away, hiding her smile of gratitude. "Thanks."

Emira gave her a cheeky grin. "Are you grateful enough to forget about us taking your diary to school?"

"Nope."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
2.3K 59 43
A young girl named Luz Noceda stumbles upon a realm full of witches,called The Boiling Isles. She meets a rebellious witch,two young fighters,and a l...
114K 2.6K 22
[Owl House x Male! Reader] "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭." [Y/n] Vadas, known to many as a cynical punk with attitude problems and the best friend...