Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 24

3.3K 198 24
By terasomdi

I am slightly panicking. I can't believe this. Richie is in town? He called me some minutes ago to inform me about it. I don't need a prophet to tell me who sold us out. How long have they known we are in Thailand and how much information do they have? Jane probably told them everything. I took a deep breath before turning the door handle. Jane is sitting on the sofa when I got in.

"Hey baby you're back" she said with a smile on her face.

Really? Just really? So we just gonna pretend nothing happened? Like you did nothing at all? I ignored her and started walking to the bedroom but stopped when a knock was heard. That must be him..

"Uhm Becky... There's something you need to know...."

"Richie is here. Of course I know that. You told them Jane! You sold us out!!'

"Not exactly okay? It didn't happen exactly as you think..."

"We agreed not to let them know. Not to tell them we are in Thailand. How could you do something like this?"

"You've been acting weird lately. Staying out late and sleeping out as well. I got so worried about your safety, of course I had to tell them" she said.

"You're so shameless..."

"Hey! Watch your mouth" she cautioned.

"I can't do this with you right now" I muttered under my breath and walked to the door.

I was right. That was Richie. I know he feels disappointed in me. I moved out of the way and he walked straight to the sofa. Sitting directly opposite Jane. I let out a sigh and walked back to them.

"I didn't know you were coming to Thailand" I said.

"Becky how could you?" Richie fumed.

"I'm sorry okay? I am sorry I came here without informing you but that's because you'd never permit me"

"Of course we wouldn't. We are trying to keep you safe!"

"From what exactly?"

"From this horrible place. Thailand is not good for you"

"Who said so? I have been enjoying this country ever since I got here. I love it here"

"Are you kidding me right now Becky? You almost lost your life here. How could you be enjoying it? Don't you feel traumatized?"

"Well, I am sorry I don't feel traumatized at all. But is that why? Why you don't want me to be here or there's something more?"

Silence

"The doctor said we should....." He broke the silence.

"Keep me away from anything that may trigger me, I get that but you all keep acting like I'm 15. For fuck sake, I am 26! I know what is good for me" I cut him off.

"No you don't!!" He fumed shutting me up.

Silence

"No matter how much you think you know, you still have no idea about what is good for you and what is not Becky!! We are your family, our duty is to keep you safe!!" He yelled.

He continued yelling angrily while I was quiet the whole time.  I don't really get it. They are trying to keep me safe? Safe from what exactly? Since I got here, I haven't been triggered, well except for the good images I am having which aren't harmful to me. Why are they keeping me in the dark?

"You can't have your vacation here Becky. It's best you go back to China or return to England with me" He said that caught my attention.

"Why should I do that? It's my vacation, I should decide where to have them" I said.

"You don't have to decide for yourself Becky. We are the ones to make that decision for you."

"You and dad have done nothing but make decisions for me. You tell me where to go and when to go.. you control my life like a remote. And make personal decisions for me including who to marry and when to do that!!"

"Of course Becky because you can't make right choices!!"

"No Richie. Don't say that right now! I don't want to hear that from you. I am tired of hearing that every damn time! I know what is good for me and getting married to Jane certainly isn't a good choice for me! Ending the relationship is best for the both of us!!."

Silence

Silence

"What did you just say?" He asked confusedly.

Richie is confused over what I just said, which means Jane didn't tell them that part. She didn't tell them I called off the engagement? Is she kidding me right now? If she was going to tell them about us why didn't she fucking tell them everything!! I looked at her immediately and she looked down. Gosh! I feel like strangling her right now!!

"What's going on here?" He asked looking at the both of us.

"Actually Richie.... Becky has been threatening to call of our ...."

"Not threatening Jane. I already told you severally that we can't be together. You and I are not meant to be."

"What the hell are you saying?" Richie asked with a puzzled face.

"I can't marry her Richie. I am not in love with her. I thought the main reason you're here is because of that. Because I called off our engagement..."

"Are you crazy Becky? Have you gone nuts? Did you hit your head a little harder or something?"

"I am fine. I am in my right senses and for once in my lifetime, I made a decision for myself and.. and you should respect that!"

"You are definitely insane.."

"Richie please understand me. I don't love Jane in that way..."

"You still don't get it, do you?" Richie cut me off.

"You don't have that right to make such decision Becky. You don't have the power to call off the engagement. Such an important decision, can only be taken by dad. Going against it, means going against dad."

"I am not rebelling against him, I just..."

"It's bad enough that he found out you're here and that's why he sent me"

Silence

"Don't make me get dad involved in this. Let's pretend we didn't have this discussion. Park your bags, we are going back to England"

"I'm sorry I can't do that" I muttered.

"Come on Becky, don't make this hard for yourself. You know how your dad can be..."

"You are not a family member, so shut the fuck up!!" I yelled at Jane and started walking to the bedroom.

I slammed the door so hard that I could feel the walls shaking. I am having a hard time controlling my anger right now. I put my mouth in my pillow and screamed on top of my lungs.

Everything sucks! I hate Jane! I hate Richie! I hate my family! I hate everyone!! Everyone except... I took my phone out of my bag immediately and heaved a sighed upon noticing her missed calls. Oh! She left a message! I quickly opened it.

"Hey baby! I was calling to tell you I got home safely. I hope everything is okay over there? Thanks so much for your time today. I love you"

I dropped the phone on the nightstand. Everything is not fine. I wish I can tell you what's actually going on. I let out a sigh and fell on the bed while facing the ceiling as my tears drop. Why can't I live my life like every other person out there?

..................................................

It's been a week since I saw Becky last. She's not taking my calls nor responding to my messages. I have been at the hotel severally to see if I can meet her by chance but nothing. On other times, I texted to inform her I was at the hotel but she never came down to meet me. I am beginning to worry a lot.

"Baby I am worried. You don't take my calls anymore and have refused to see me as well. What's wrong? Please call me"

I forwarded the message to her and relaxed my back on the chair. This is like the millionth time I have texted her without getting any response. I hope she replies to this one. I saw someone like Richie the last time I dropped Becky off at the hotel. Was that actually Richie? Is he the reason Becky is avoiding me? I am overthinking a lot. I don't know what to do next.

"Miss Chankimha, you have been quiet the whole time. What do you think about this? Do you approve of it?" Someone said bringing my mind back to them.

I completely forgot I am in a meeting. I have no idea what they are asking me about because I was lost in my thoughts. They are all looking at me to say something but I really don't know what to say.

"Uhm... Okay. We can do it" I reluctantly agreed to whatever they needed my approval for.

"Great! We should do it then" he said.

Gosh! I have no idea what I just agreed to. I hope it's nothing I will regret later. I am so distracted. My mind is occupied. I am so worried about Becky.

I finally got home after the long day. I was about getting into my apartment when my phone started ringing. It wasn't Becky calling, that was Lily.

"Come on Freen, we haven't seen since Heng's anniversary party. I have missed you" Lily said over the phone.

"We can see some other time Lily, not just tonight. I am really tired to drive down there" I said and dropped my handbag on the sofa.

"You know I don't like it when you do things like this. You promised to have dinner together, now you are canceling?" She said sadly.

I let out a sigh and started walking to the kitchen to grab some water from the fridge.

"I am sorry Lily, you know how busy I can be. Today was hectic for me. We can still have the dinner some other time..."

"If you can't come, maybe I should come over...."

"No. Please don't" I cut her off.

I am really not in the mood to have anyone else around me. Lily started saying things I wasn't paying attention to because my mind is somewhere. I just noticed something so unusual. The balcony light is on, I usually turn it off.

My kitchen looks weird also. That cup shouldn't be there, the silk has water in it as well... My kitchen looks like someone was here few minutes ago.... No - That person is still in my apartment!!

I started panicking. That person is obviously not Heng because he traveled. I am on call with Lily, therefore it's not her. These are the only people that have my house keys and can show up uninvited. Someone else is here!

"Hello Freen? Are you still there?" I can hear Lily saying over the phone.

"I will call you back Lily." I said in a very low tone and ended the call.

Instantly, I heard a sound coming from my bedroom making my heart to skip. I swallowed a lump in my throat and ran to where my utensils are. oh my God! I can't find my knife! The sound continued, getting me more scared. I picked up a saucepan and started walking quietly out of the kitchen, towards my bedroom door.

I swallowed hard again before grabbing the door handle. My heart is beating fast and my hands slightly shaking. I opened the door quickly, ready to hit whoever that person was but...

"Babe.." she called confusedly as she turned to me.

"Oh God! Becky" I let out a sigh of relief and held my chest. My heart is still beating fast. I was really scared.

"Uhm...." She stuttered while looking at my hand.

I immediately dropped the saucepan on the floor. I guess she got scared as well. I mean, with the way I barged into the room holding that saucepan. Who wouldn't get scared?

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to startle..."

She tried saying but before she could finish, I ran to her and hugged her tightly.

...................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 6K 50
A story of a lady Freen who goes far away from her family after getting betrayed from her old girlfriend and becomes an undercover agent. Freen's par...
120K 5.8K 33
In a world filled with darkness and despair, Freen and Becky found solace in each other's love. Once deeply intertwined, fate had forced them apart...
7.3K 317 14
This is a story where Freen falls in love with her junior Becky. But things go wrong when Becky refuses her love and they end up separated... let's s...
564K 14.3K 35
A FreenBecky story where in Freen is betrayed by her Ex - Girlfriend and own brother then met her UNEXPECTED Trigger warning⚠️🔞 Girl P*n*s Matured c...