Royals

jiminedin

"That's the difference. You may think, just going to this school makes you a Royal but no. They are the true... Еще

✨Preview ✨
Chapter 1 - Royals High
Chapter 2 - The Most Handsome Boy
Chapter 3 - Teenage Drama
Chapter 4 - Ring Ring Ring
Chapter 5 - Strawberry Shortcake
Chapter 6 - Mint Chocolate
Chapter 7: Favorite Icecream
Chapter 8: Changes
Chapter 9 - Different Opinions
Chapter 10 - The E-mail
Chapter 11 - Classmates
Chapter 12 - The Best of Everything
Chapter 13 - You're Not Alone
Chapter 14 - The Boy With Kind Eyes
Chapter 15 - New Uniform, Old Me
Chapter 16 - Spilled Coffee
Chapter 17 - Soiled Uniform
Chapter 18 - Good News
Chapter 19 - You Have a Parcel
Chapter 20 - First Day Jitters
Chapter 21 - There's No Going Back Now
Chapter 22 - A Great Start
Chapter 23 - Bad Timings
Chapter 24 - Person 1 or Person 2
Chapter 25 - Gut Feelings
Chapter 26 - Bunny Teeth
Chapter 27 - Ring Of The Bell
Chapter 28 - Another Leather Jacket
Chapter 29 - Love Song
Chapter 30 - A New Friend
Chapter 31 - Warnings
Chapter 32 - The Lunch Table
Chapter 33 - The Main Table
Chapter 34 - Helping Hand
Chapter 35 - A Long Day
Chapter 36 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 37 - Blood & Bruises
Chapter 38 - Something Wrong
Chapter 39 - Easy Deal
Chapter 40 - Close Proximity
Chapter 41: Maroon Envelope
Chapter 42 - Reality Check
Chapter 43 - Answers for Answers
Chapter 44 - The Choi Brothers
Chapter 45 - Royals
Chapter 46 - You're Coming With Me
Chapter 47 - Not what I was expecting
Chapter 48 - Too Loud
Chapter 49 - Promise? Promise
Chapter 50 - Rock, Paper, Scissors
Chapter 51 - Puppy Dog Eyes
Chapter 52 - Reminder
Chapter 53 - Happy To See Him
Chapter 54 - Run
Chapter 55 - End of the Hill
Chapter 56 - Real Conversation
Chapter 57 - Friends
Chapter 58 - Where I Belong
Chapter 59 - A Much Needed Hug
Chapter 60 - Date Me
Chapter 62 - Have Fun On Your Date
Chapter 63 - Pity Date
Chapter 64 - Team Yuri-San
Chapter 65 - After School Plan
#1 Ranking
Chapter 66 - Coin Karaoke
Chapter 67 - Breathe
Chapter 68 - Fall
Chapter 69 - Results are Out
Chapter 70 - On The Same Page
Chapter 71 - At My Worst
Chapter 72 - Hi? Hi
Chapter 73 - Flutters
Chapter 74 - Armour/ Burden
Chapter 75 - Long Forgotten Rocky Road
Chapter 76 - The New Part - Timer
Chapter 77 - Lies and Pies
Chapter 78 - Two Brothers
Chapter 79 - The Choi House
Chapter 80 - Not An Insider
Chapter 81 - Rainy Day Fund
Chapter 82 - Sour Aftertaste
Chapter 83 - Sunset Skies
Chapter 84 - Dinner Table Conversation
Chapter 85 - Villain
Chapter 86 - Suffocating

Chapter 61 - Potential Date Material

178 10 11
jiminedin

This week was long. It has been a week since Soobin came into Hive. After that, he didn't mention anything.

We crossed paths a couple of times and he was civil. He was more than civil. He was his usual friendly self.

I was the idiot, stuttering and blushing every time he was near me.

I was an intelligent girl and yet I became a red statue every time I had to speak to him.

It wasn't that I had a crush on him but my mind wandered to the night when he kind of - but I am not sure - asked me out on a date.

He did not mention anything remotely similar ever since. To the point, I feel like I may have suffered a hallucination.

It wasn't, particularly that I was attracted to him. No doubt, he is very handsome but I never imagined anything with him. Hell, I didn't imagine anything romantic with anyone.

The idea of a high school romance sounds good theoretically but I didn't ever think it would happen in real life. And that too with me!

I am getting way ahead of myself again.

He may have been joking. He may have meant the date as a small harmless joke. Or maybe it is the term that is used for people to hang out.

I don't know.

I was spiraling.

I told Woojin and Saehi what happened but not San. We were still angry at each other.

Woojin high-fived me saying that I was all grown up and making innuendos about how my beauty in the god-awful yellow uniform must have blinded him and fogged his judgment.

And Saehi took it more realistically and told me to be a little careful because there is never knowing what is serious and what isn't with the Royals. And then she proceeded to ask me how I was feeling about this situation.

Honestly, I don't know.

I have never paid attention to the possibility of dating or anything remotely close to that because it was a luxury I couldn't afford.

I was working 3 jobs from the age of thirteen and school. If I ever got some free time, I spent it helping my parents run the noodle shop or studying so that my schoolwork didn't pile up.

As a result of my lifestyle, I never really paid much attention to my appearance. Well, I want to look presentable wherever I go, whether at school, work, or anywhere outside but that is where it ended.

I never dressed to look pretty for someone, never followed the trends, and tried makeup that looked good on my features or made my eyes look brighter and bigger.

These were all things that took too much time and money, both of which were scarce to me.

This led to zero interest from any guys in my school looking at me with any perspective other than a simple friend.

That is what I thought here, in Royals High as well. I mean, I was a nobody. I didn't stand out in front of the crowd because of my looks and neither did I have a family name that made me a crowd favorite.

On the contrary, I think, whatever my involvement with the Royals was, it led to more speculations than interest of people.

So Soobin's statement... caught me off guard.

This was the first time a guy had said something like this to me. That is why my reactions were so animated around him. It had nothing to do with me generating feelings for him because he kind of asked me out.

Yes, definitely.

And besides, he didn't mention anything of that sort after that so maybe he didn't mean it. Maybe he said it to get a reaction out of me.

He was having fun and he probably didn't even think about the interaction after he left Hive. He was not fretting over it and thinking about it every day.

He most definitely wasn't scribbling mindlessly in his notebook when he should have been paying attention to the class.

"Ughh" I scratch my mindless scribbling and look up.

The entire school is seated in the auditorium. We were called here for an announcement but the principal was not here till now.

There was slight murmuring about what this announcement might be about and what was the reason for calling us all in here together but I didn't pay attention to any of their words because I was busy thinking about useless things.

The principal enters and the room falls to a pin-drop silence.

The entire senior batch follows suit.

The way that woman carries herself is commendable. She has an aura of power around her. She is kind and, followed a sense of authority that demands respect.

She clears her throat, and all eyes are on her.

"Good afternoon, students. I hope you all had a productive week," she begins, her eyes scanning the room. "I've called you all here today for a special announcement."

I shift uncomfortably in my seat, wondering what could be so important that it required the entire student body to assemble in the auditorium.

The principal continues, "As you all know, the Royals High is known for its exceptional students and their achievements. Today, we have a special recognition to make."

My heart skips a beat. And my attention is zeroed in.

Recognition?

Who could this be related to, I wonder?

The principal gestures towards the entrance, and in walks Soobin, wearing a slightly embarrassed expression.

Murmurs ripple through the auditorium as everyone turns to look at them.

"Soobin here has been selected as the Royals High representative for the upcoming city-wide academic competition," the principal announces, and a round of applause erupts from the students.

I search the crowd for San I notice him standing at the other end of the auditorium with an angry expression.

San was the student president of his class and as far as I knew, he was the topper. Shouldn't it automatically mean that he should be selected as the representative?

I'm torn between clapping with the rest of the crowd and wondering why I hadn't heard about this earlier.

I look back at Soobin and he looks genuinely surprised

His eyes scan the sea of faces until they land on mine. He gives me a small, appreciative smile, and my face turns beet red.

The principal continues, "We believe Soobin's dedication to his studies and his exemplary performance make him the perfect candidate to represent Royals High. We are confident that he will bring honor to our school."

The applause grows louder, and I find myself clapping along, my thoughts still swirling in confusion.

Soobin, a representative for an academic competition?

I never knew he was so academically inclined. Maybe there's more to him than meets the eye.

Maybe he is even better academically than San.

As the principal wraps up her announcement, she dismisses the students, and the auditorium empties in a matter of minutes.

I pack my belongings, lost in my thoughts when Soobin approaches me.

"Hey," he says, a hint of that friendly smile playing on his lips.

I nod, trying to conceal the inner turmoil. "Congratulations. I had no idea you were into academic competitions."

He chuckles. "Yeah, it's not something I broadcast. But hey, maybe we can celebrate. How about that date we talked about?"

I blink, caught off guard.

He said date, right?

I am not making it up in my head again, right?

Was he serious about the date, or is he just bringing it up now as a casual comment?

Maybe he wanted to get another reaction out of me?

"I...uh, sure," I stammer, feeling the familiar blush creeping up my cheeks again.

What was wrong with me?

"Great! Let's grab something to eat this weekend. My treat," he says, and with that, he heads off, leaving me in a state of utter confusion.

Soobin, the academic achiever, and potential date material?

I shake my head, realizing that this week just got a whole lot more interesting.

A/n: A very late update. I am sorry for the delay. I am swamped with work and I am trying to hatch out which direction I want the story to go in. In another week or so I'll go back to regularly updating. Hope you like the chapter and your comments and votes mean a lot to me❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

458K 31.3K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.1M 37.2K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
60.2K 1.2K 75
A little K-Pop fan takes a little tumble after meeting another big star. How would that turn out?
109K 3.6K 32
"The difference between you and me is that you belong in the light and I, Backstage." :: Going Seventeen has gone a step further to create the ultima...