✓ | Words I Live By. Hazel Ca...

By girIbite

A kiss is the beginning of cannibalism, and those are the words I live by. Hazel Callaha... More

WORDS I LIVE BY,, I Live To Breathe
One, Fair Square
Two, Love Is Embarrassing
Three, Ironically Alive
Four, First Fuck Up
Five, Mother Callahan
Six, Natural Instincts
Seven, Too Scared To Jump In
Eight, Always An Angel, Never A God
Nine, Heartbreak Makes The Heart Ache
Ten, Had A Feeling So Peculiar
Twelve, A Super Small Bomb
Thirteen, Falling Out
Fourteen, Dial Drunk
Fifteen, Count To Ten, Take It In
Sixteen, Let's Fuck Up Some Football Players
Seventeen, I Don't Know Anything

Eleven, Safe Word

803 33 58
By girIbite

— ❝safe word.❞

            If the thought of a female fight club was strange to the students of Rockbridge Falls High School, the fact that said fight club was hosting a car wash must've blown their heads off. And not just any car wash — one where they sold old underwear. Underwear, out of anything !

            The turnout was bigger than anticipated. Seemed that there were more old creeps in town than they let on at first.

            "First club fundraiser," Stella–Rebecca turned to look at her former loser–friends. "I'm so excited. Great turnout, right?"

            Stella–Rebecca had stepped up her game and done what they all do in the movies — she wore her bathing suit. To say Stella was pretty was a definite understatement. But Estelle didn't think of her in that way. Stella was more of a big sister to her. Besides, Estelle had Hazel now.

            Hazel seemed awfully tired. Her eye bags were bigger than ever, her hair was messier than ever, she was quieter than ever. Estelle knew why, and she felt guilty about it. Hazel made sure she knew it wasn't her fault, but then, why did it feel like it was? Hazel probably hadn't been able to close a single eye.

            Looking further than Stella–Rebecca to the cars, the old men had gathered already. One man in particular leaned against one of the cars. "Hello, ladies." He said, trying to sound attractive. Estelle was disgusted, but Stella wasn't faced. She even called most of the men by their first names.

            Brittany walked after her. Isabel turned around first to face Josie, the small box filled with underwear in her hands. "I don't know why anyone wants my old, dirty underwear," She laughed. "It's so weird."

            Josie laughed along to Isabel, watching her walk away. Estelle simply smiled. She hadn't brought any old underwear. If she thought about it, she probably didn't even have them anymore.

            "Hey, Britt, uh, don't let 'em touch you in between your toes." PJ cracked a joke at Brittany. And opposing to the last time she'd called her Britt, Brittany didn't mind.

            She just turned around, smiling. "Thanks, PJ." She said before continuing her walk of shameless selling.

            "We're having fun. We're selling panties," PJ said to Josie. As she was talking, Hazel slowly dropped to the ground, groaning. PJ and Josie didn't notice. They were way too busy in conversation. "You know, Brittany said she'd make me a custom bracelet."

            Josie nodded, complimenting her. "Very nice."

            Hazel only sunk deeper to the ground. Estelle turned towards her. She was growing more worried about her. But only to involve herself in the conversation, she turned back to PJ. "Congrats, PJ." She congratulated, smiling. Though Hazel was the only person on her mind.

             "Do you wanna, um, celebrate?" PJ asked her friend again. "We could get some chicken on a stick tonight," She turned to the redhead beside her. "Maybe you'd like to come as well?"

             Josie looked down. "Um— I can't. Uh..." The girl stayed quiet for a bit, thinking about the words she could best use. "Isabel and I have plans, so..."

            "You're hanging out with Isabel?" PJ asked in surprise.

            Estelle hadn't not seen it coming. The way the two'd been talking after the club yesterday was sign enough that something was brewing. Obviously nothing has happened yet, since Isabel is still together with Jeff. But Estelle would be much happier for Isabel if she were to get together with Josie. They're a way better match. Besides, Estelle wouldn't wish Jeff's company on anyone.

            "Yep." Josie was struggling to keep her excitement inside. So much so that her voice came out in a weird strangled tone. All along Hazel was still groaning on the floor.

            "Fuck, you're fast," PJ said to the girl. Estelle brought her gaze to the girl who'd taken her place behind one of the stands. She was laughing to something a man in a blue shirt was saying. "Oh, my God, okay. I have to keep up."

This time Hazel's groans were loud enough for PJ to turn around in one swift motion just as Hazel dropped her head to her knees. "Hazel," PJ turned her head towards the sounds. "What is wrong? Are you constipated or something?"

            "I'm fucking tired," She replied. "My mom was up all night fucking the meathead."

            "All night?" Estelle was astonished by the stamina on that woman.

            "What meathead?" Josie's attention was momentarily brought to a man walking past them. "Hi. Underwear, cars." She gave the man a flyer, sending him towards the cars.

            "You know, like, the guy," Hazel said vaguely. She looked at Estelle for backup, but she only gave her a strange look. She understood what the short–haired girl was trying to say, but she hadn't thought it so difficult. "He's like the crybaby," Josie and PJ still had no clue what she was saying. "With the balls? He catches them and he— he throws them. He's like the main guy."

            That gave Josie a hint of who she was talking to. "J— Jeff?" She spluttered, turning to Estelle. "Your Jeff? Is your mom hooking up with Jeff."

            "Stop saying that, please." Estelle groaned. Just the thought of it made her sick. At the time she laughed about it, but the more it happened, the more the laughter turned into cries.

            "I just thought Jeff might be her safe word." Hazel confessed. This was something she'd gaslighted herself into believing. It wasn't actually true.

            "Jeff is his name, you idiot." PJ raised her voice.

            This made Hazel finally look up at her. "Just get the hot people confused. Jesus."

            "Does this mean you guys are stepsisters now?" Josie asked, switching her gaze in between Estelle and Hazel.

            "Shut up," Estelle said. "Just shut up."

            Simultaneously with Stella tripping over her heels onto the car, Estelle crouched down next to Hazel. PJ and Josie were discussing whether Josie should tell Isabel or not. "You okay?" She asked Hazel. Estelle put a strand of short, dark hair behind her ear.

             "I'm fine, I guess." Hazel smiled. She didn't have much to smile about, but for Estelle she'd always conjure up a smile.

            "I can crack open a window tonight," Estelle offered. "You could climb in."

            "What about your dad?" Hazel asked then.

            Estelle playfully rolled her eyes. "That's what the window's for, silly. So he won't see you."

            But the girl still shook her head. "I don't wanna be the reason you're fighting with your dad."

            "My dad can drop dead for all I care," Estelle said. It was a heavy statement for her to make. Two months ago she wouldn't have dared to even say it to herself. She thought it, but never had she imagined actually saying it out loud. "We'd be fighting anyway."

            That made Hazel nod slowly. "Okay. How will I know which window?"

            "Trust me," Estelle smiled wickedly. "You'll know."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

            "Are you sure this is going to work?"

            "Yes, I'm sure, now hurry," She replied. Hazel shook her head and grabbed the piece of cloth firmly in her hands. Estelle shone the flashlight on her phone to offer her a better chance at succeeding. She leaned over the cloth so it wouldn't fall down.

Hazel climbed through the window without ease. When she was as good as there, she almost slipped and fell in the bushes. She would have slipped if it weren't for Estelle to grab her hand. Estelle pulled her through the window. Hazel just laid on the floor, breathing out for a couple of minutes.

"Never again," She stated. There was no doubt in her voice. She exhaled sharply before sitting upright. Estelle was crouched down beside her. When Hazel sat upright, she turned out to be closer to the girl than expected. "Hi." Her voice was now lower.

"Hey," Estelle smiled back. "Maybe we should get off the floor."

Hazel's eyes flickered to the floor they were still sitting on. A short laugh exited her mouth. "Okay, yeah. Maybe you're right."

            She stood up, stomping around the room for a bit before settling on throwing her bag down on the bed. Hazel herself walked along to the rack of vinyls in the corner of the room. She took a few of them in her hands to look at them before settling on the Stick Season album by Noah Kahan.

            "This is, like, one of my favourite albums of all time," Estelle flopped down on the bean bag in the opposite corner. "Do you listen to his music often?"

            "Not really, I'm more of a Britney Spears kinda gal." She answered. She laid down on the bed, readjusting the pillows under her head until they were comfortable.

             "Hm," Estelle smiled to herself. "I wouldn't have guessed that. Like ever. You know this is very different than Britney Spears, right?"

            The girl nodded, laughing. "I'm hearing that."

            Estelle got up from the bean bag only to sit back down on the bed beside Hazel. She looked her up and down before wiping a strand of short, dark hair off of her forehead. "You looked really cool climbing up that rope," She said in a horrendous attempt at flirting. "Almost Kit Thanthalos level cool. Has anyone ever told you you look like her?"

"You have."

"Oh, right," Estelle stared ahead at the realisation. "So! Are you feeling all lovey–dovey or are you feeling more spooky?"

"I'm feeling Love Actually." Hazel replied instead. Estelle grabbed the cold remote from her bedside table. Both girls knew this was just an attempt at drowning out what was currently happening in Hazel's house. Neither could care less.

Love Actually turned on on the screen, but much couldn't be seen. The two girls missed the Hugh Grant dancing scene, because by that time they had stopped paying attention. They were all over each other.

Literally.

One was on top of the other. Clothes were tugged off. Marks were left. And one thing lead to another and ...

Author's Note
im soooo sorry for going mia for a month. ive been updating cs a lot and publishing a lot of face claims ( because theres only a few parts left ). i kinda didnt know what i wanted to do with this scene but i knew which way i wanted it to go. i just knew too that i wasnt gonna want to write it. anyway yall know what ... means i hope. if not, 😬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 293 33
"It's the hard-knock life for us It's the hard-knock life for us Steada treated, We get tricked Steada kisses, We get kicked It's the hard-knock li...
5.7K 265 11
Blood shared on tongues, eat me like I'm the perfect meal. OC x Maren x Lee Inspired (kind of) by Ethel Cain's Preacher's Daughter A Bones And All f...
109K 3.8K 29
We fight, we break up. We kiss, we make up. We're going in circles, being chased by your demons. Sirens and flashing lights fill my life now, even th...
13.9K 600 13
BOTTOMS. HAZEL X FEMOC (Based on the movie) !!!I don't own anything but my character!!!