Different World // Nayeon X r...

By WritingRey

Park Y/N is a 25 year old cop. She lives with her two friends Dahyun and Tzuyu and takes her job seriously. O... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 9

1.3K 126 20
By WritingRey

"Are you okay?" Y/N approached Minsu after the bullies ran away.

"Why did you help me? You should have let them hurt me. It will be much worse now! They will hurt me even more now because you stood up for me!" The guy stood up yelling and crying.

"No, it won't be because they clearly got scared."

"Still, I didn't ask for your help so don't you ever help me again." The guy started to walk away, limping. Seems like his leg is hurt.

"I wouldn't have found you if you hadn't gotten in trouble yourself." Y/N said which made the guy stop walking.

"W-what do you mean?" The guy turned around. The alley is pretty dark now so they can't see each other's facial expressions very well.

"I'm talking about the phone you stole, young boy." The guy stood there completely frozen hearing this. Yes, he did hear that Y/N is a cop but he didn't think that that was the reason why she's here. He just thought that she witnessed him getting bullied and decided to help.

He stood there for about 10 seconds, completely silent and then he started to run. But since his leg is hurt, he fell only about 5 seconds later. 

"Trying to run away with a hurt leg?" Y/N approached him on the ground. "You trying to run away literally just confirmed to me that you're guilty."

"I-I didn't have a choice, please believe me." He started crying. "I-I didn't want to do it."

"Let's get you up and talk about it." Y/N helped him up and they walked to somewhere where there was more light.

"Let's sit down here." Y/N suggested when they got on the main busy road.

"I found out that you stole a phone two days ago. Your face is clearly on camera and we can see that you stole the phone out of a woman's bag. What would you say about that?" Y/N asked but the guy kept silent not knowing what to say.

"Look, if you tell me the truth it'll be much better for you. If you refuse to talk right now, I will have no other option than taking you to the police station but if you talk to me now, there's no need to do that. I won't hurt you or arrest you as long as you talk to me about what happened. And don't try to lie and say that you didn't do it because it's clearly on camera. There is very hard evidence on you. There's no way you can escape this. So start talking."

"I-I didn't want to steal the phone. The bullies made me do it. A few days ago, they broke my phone and laughed at me because it was an old one. Then they told me to get myself a new one and if I don't do that, they will hurt me much more than they usually do. The problem is I barely have any money to buy a new phone. I saw the phone in that woman's bag and I was so scared that those bullies would hurt me again so I stole it." The guy explained looking down.

"Where's the phone now? Did you give it to them?" Y/N asked to which the guy shook his head. 

"It's at my place. I was supposed to show it to them today but I hoped that they would forget about it. I felt very bad for stealing it so in case those bullies forgot about it, I wanted to return it to the owner. But they didn't forget about it, that's why they hurt me today."

"Where do you live?"

"I live nearby." He answered. This means that the woman she met that claimed to be his aunt was right. He doesn't live there anymore because that house is not nearby.

"How about we do this? We go to the hospital to get you a check up and then we go to your place so you can give me the phone back. I won't arrest you because I saw you getting bullied and I believe what you're telling me."

"W-what about the bullies? They will hurt me again if I don't show them that I got a new phone." He stuttered, indicating that he's scared.

"I promise that they won't hurt you anymore. I won't let them and besides didn't you see how scared they got? I doubt they'll even come near you." Y/N chuckled. "Do we have a deal?"

"Y-yes." The guy responded and Y/N took him to the hospital to get a check up. He has lots of bruises and wounds on his body which made Y/N sad to see. She will never understand the motive of bullies. How can someone enjoy hurting others this much? However he didn't have anything serious which was a relief.  Y/N also bought the guy some food and water since he seemed weak. Afterwards they went to the place where Minsu lives at.

"Do you live alone?" Y/N asked as they walked inside to which the guy nodded. The place is very small and it isn't in good condition.

"How come? You're just 16. Why do you leave alone?"

"My dad died two years ago and my mother became very abusive after that so I left."

"How do you manage?" Y/N questioned.

"My mom does wire me some money every month so I can afford living here and get food."

"Wouldn't you want to live with her?"

"No. I hate living with her. I'm better of here. Besides she lives with my aunt now and I really hate that woman." He confessed. "Here's the phone." He took it out of his drawer and handed it to Y/N.

"I didn't delete anything but I did do some things so it wouldn't be able to get tracked down."

"I know that." Y/N chuckled since Mr. Kim couldn't track it down.

"W-what will happen to me now? You really won't arrest me?"

"Have you stolen other things?" Y/N asked.

"No. I don't have much money but enough to live. I don't have a reason to steal. It's just I got really scared of those bullies, that's why I had no other choice. Please believe me."

"I believe you. Nothing will happen to you, don't worry. But I will keep an eye on you. If I find out that you're lying then the consequences will be bad." The cop warned Minsu.

"I'm not lying, I promise."

"Why didn't you tell anyone that you're getting bullied?" Y/N asked.

"I told the teachers but they turned a blind eye on it since they're rich kids." Minsu looked down in sadness. Unfortunately this is very common. Rich kids can get away with bullying easily.

"What time do you need to go to school tomorrow?" 

"I have class at 8." The boy answered.

"Okay, I will come pick you up in the morning and take you to school and I will also come pick you up after school so those bullies won't be able to set a foot near you. That should be enough to make them stop bullying you. I'll make sure that they know I'm watching them."

"T-thank you."

"Here's my card, my number and the address of the police station where I work at is on it. If something happens come see me." She patted his head and with that she left. 

She's actually really happy that she found the phone. This will prove to Nayeon that cops aren't useless. However she is somewhat bothered about Minsu's situation. From what it seems like he did move out of his house because he wanted to but he doesn't live in good circumstances. He's 16, living alone and getting bullied. Right now he doesn't even have a phone. 

---------------------------------------

The next morning Y/N went to Minsu's place and picked him up to bring him to school. When they arrived, both Minsu and Y/N got out of the car.

"Thank you for driving me here." The boy bowed.

"I'll walk with you towards the entrance." Y/N patted his back and the two started walking. And there Y/N saw three of Minsu's bullies watching them, the leader, another boy and a girl. They were obviously surprised by Y/N's presence.

"You go inside, I'll talk to them." Y/N said to which Minsu nodded and left.

Y/N approached the bullies and as expected they were nervous. They took a few steps back when Y/N got near them and their hands were trembling.

"I see you remember me." Y/N chuckled.

"We are so sorry, please forgive us." All three of them bowed.

"You should say sorry to Minsu not me. Minsu is very important to me. Hurt him one more time and I will make you regret it. In fact if I see that you bully anyone at this school or outside this school, then I won't let you go like I do now. Understood?"

"Yes!" They all answered.

"I heard you broke Minsu's phone. Is that right?" She asked and they all kept silent and looked at the ground, too scared to face her. They can't get the image from yesterday out of their heads. The female cop really managed to take down their leader and another one of their friends.

"Answer me." Y/N said quietly. They are near school grounds and Y/N doesn't want to attract any attention so she's trying to speak as calmly as possible.

"Y-yes. We did." The leader answered.

"And why did you do that?"

"No reason. We regret doing it now." The girl said.

"I'll give you the chance to make it up to him. Since you're rich kids I bet you have enough money to replace his phone right? Get him a new one by the end of the week. I'll be back here then so you can hand it to me. Don't you dare approach Minsu about it. Understood?"

"Yes." They all said in unison. 

"Tell this to your other bully friends as well. And don't you try to play me because I know everything about you. Who you are, where you live, what your parents do, everything."

"Please don't tell our parents. We promise we will stop." The girl pleaded.

"We'll see about that, Suyeon-ah." Hearing her name, the girl immediately shifted backwards as she was scared. The cop wasn't lying when she said she knows who they are.  "Anyways see you later guys. Remember new phone at Friday. We'll meet after school right here. See you later Suyeon-ah, Haejeon-ah and the main bully Sanmin-ah." With that Y/N smiled and left the school grounds. The moment she left the three bullies started breathing heavily since they were holding their breath the entire time Y/N was in front of them.

Y/N doesn't want to be the scary cop. She wants to be the cop that people can trust and rely on so she hates acting like this, especially towards high school students but she has no other choice. She could just go and talk to the school about it, which she did before. But usually the school doesn't do anything about it because one the bullies are mainly rich kids and two they're scared that it will harm their reputation.

So Y/N takes matters into her own hands and threatens the bullies, which usually works. Hopefully, it will work this time as well.

---------------------------------------------

After talking to those bullies, Y/N went to work. When she walked in both Mingyu and Jihyo looked at her with furrowed eyebrows since she seemed pretty happy.

"Why are you so happy?" Jihyo asked.

"I found Nayeon's phone." Y/N said smiling.

"Oh you did. You were pretty quick in that." Mingyu clapped a few times.

"Yeah, well luckily it wasn't an actual criminal that stole it so I got it back easily."

"I get that you're happy but I don't know if you should be this happy. I mean now that you found it you have to see that bitch again to give it back." Jihyo shook her head in disgust remembering how rude Nayeon was.

"Yes but this time she won't be able to call me a useless cop. I literally got her phone back. she better stop being rude to me."

"I kinda have a feeling she will still find something to call you useless." Jihyo chuckled.

"Unnie, don't ruin my mood please." Y/N pleaded.

"Fine, fine, you did a good job Y/N-ah."

"Thank you. Anyways I have to go to Mr. Kim to ask him something." Y/N informed and went upstairs. She handed him Nayeon's phone and told him to check if there's anything suspicious with it. Any virus, tracker or anything like that. She doesn't think Minsu did anything bad with it, but you can never be sure. After all he might be lying. 

"Oh Y/N-ah, you're going downstairs right?" Minji's team leader, who was asking something to Mr. Kim as well, asked her.

"Oh yes." Y/N nodded.

"Can you hand these files to Minji? I also send them to you and Mingyu by mail. It's come crucial evidence about the drug case."

"Ah yes, I will sunbaenim." Y/N took the files and went downstairs. She hates to approach Minji but she has no other choice. She needs to be professional at work.

"Minji sunbaenim." Y/N approached her. Minji immediately looked up from her laptop.

"Yes, Y/N?"

"Your team leader told me to hand you these files. It's about the drug case." Y/N handed them to her and Minji could sense something in Y/N that she hasn't sensed in a while. Y/N sounds excited and happy.

"You seem happy." She commented.

"Ah yeah, I got to solve an important case yesterday." Y/N smiled and Minji has to admit that she missed seeing that smile.

"You've solved many cases but I've never seen you this happy." Minji laughed.

"Well, let's just say this was a very important one."

"I'm glad you managed to solve it." The two locked eyes for a second before Y/N decided it was best to leave. 

---------------------------------------

A/N: Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 190 13
Mina came to South Korea on her own for the first time and lives in an apartment alone. A couple, who is her next door neighbor, helps her when she f...
180K 6K 49
This story is about six college student; Chou Tzuyu, Minatozaki Sana, Yoo Jeongyeon, Im Nayeon, Son Chaeyoung, and Myoui Mina. Six of them struggles...
46.3K 1.6K 62
Y/n is a normal school girl, who adores TWICE so much, they are her happiness, her cure. Thinking how can she get a better life. What will happen if...
22.2K 1.2K 67
10 years of service in the special forces and countless escapades to the west didn't prepare Jeongyeon for what came next. She never anticipated meet...