Failed Experiment (Rocket Rac...

By Storiesonhere

This is based on the guardian of the galaxy movies. That including: • gardians of the galaxy vol.1 • gardians... More

.-.Her Beginning.-.
.-.The Separation.-.
.-.Her First Experiment.-.
.-.Friends.-.
.-.Metal Parts And Pain.-.
.-.How To Escape.-.
.-.Her Escape.-.
.-.New Life.-.
.-.Arrested.-.
.-.Crappy Conversations.-.
.-.The Kyln.-.
.-.Some Kind Of Escape.-.
.-.Knowhere.-.
.-.Fight x2.-.
.-.The Collector.-.

.-.Someone To Relate To.-.

39 1 0
By Storiesonhere

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Maisie's POV

Finally we started to move in what I hope to be the way of the buyer.

I walked around Quills ship. It's disgusting.

I came across Rocket sitting on the floor making a bomb I think.

"You look like shit." He said glancing up at me.

I still hadn't changed out of the prison clothes yet. Couldn't be bothered.

"Yeah well considering we just broke out of prison and are now in this dirty ship. Yeah I'd say looking like shit is normal." I said sitting on the long sofa Quill had.

"No, as in you got dark eye bags. That didn't happen over night." He said now stopping what he was doing.

"Ok so I don't sleep. No big deal. Spending your life alone means that sometimes you gotta look out for yourself." I said done with the conversation.

"Sleep now then." He said STILL TALKING.

"It's not that easy you know. Just being a meerkat. I have the instinct to stay alert 24/7." I said.

"Ok then. I promise to keep watch while you sleep." He said now continuing what with what he was doing before.

"Alright. Touch me, I punch you into seven planets." I said lying down.

"Deal." He said looking up to me.

I shut my eyes ready for some well deserved sleep.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." I heard a voice say.

I opened my eyes slightly to see Quill looking down at Rocket.

Just when I actually get some sleep. Someone always has to disturb me.

"Yo, Ranger Rick! What are you doing? You can't take apart my ship without asking me! See, what's this?" Quill said leaning down to take something.

"Don't touch that. It's a bomb" Rocket said looking over.

"A bomb?" Quill asked.

"Yup." Answered Rocket.

"And you just leave it lying around?" Quill asked again.

"Duh. What else would you do with it?" I said now sitting up.

"You, are supposed to be sleeping." Rocket said pointing at me.

"Yeah well tell that to the humie who's way to loud. Plus I gotta change, I ain't staying in this." I said getting off the sofa taking my clothes with me.

"Anyways. I was gonna put it in a box." Rocket said.

That was the last I heard of the conversation.

.-.-.-.-.-.
Rockets POV

"What's a box gonna do?" Asked Quill.

"How about this one?" I said ignoring his question.

"No! Whoa. Hey! Leave it alone." He said as I started to take out a colourful box.

"Why? What is it?" I asked.

"Shut up. You should focus on the rodent that just left. It's clear you like her." He said back.

"Hey. I do not." I said.

I don't, do I?

"You so do. What is that?" He said changing the subject.

"That's for if things get really hardcore. Or if you wanna blow up moons." I said explaining it to him.

"No one's blowing up moons." Gamora said.

"Pfffft boring. I've already done that 22 times." Maisie said returning in her new clothes.

Not bad.

"You just wanna suck the joy out of everything." I mumbled.

Maisie returned to her place on the sofa slouching down.

.-.-.-.-.-.
Maisie's POV

"So, listen, I'm gonna need your buyers coordinates." Said Quill to Gamora.

"We're heading in the right direction for now." Gamora said back looking at the orb in her hand.

"If we're gonna work together, you might wanna try trusting me a little bit." Said Quill leaning on the table.

"And how much do you trust me?" Gamora said lifting her gaze to him.

"I'd trust you a lot more if you told me what this was because I'm guessing it's some sort of weapon." Quill said now holding the orb referencing to it.

"Why don't we just smash it open and see if it does anything?" I asked.

Why couldn't we?

"You know what, we should. I like your thinking." Said Rocket.

"If it's a weapon, we should use it against Ronan." Drax said now picking it up from where Quill placed it down.

"Put it down you fool, you'll destroy us all. Not to mention you on the sofa. You're not holding it." Gamora said.

"Or just you murderess!" Drax said to Gamora.

"I let you live once princess." Gamora said getting up in Draxes face.

"I am not a princess." Said Drax shouting into Gamoras face.

"Hey! Nobody is killing anybody on my ship. We're stuck together until we get the money." Said Quill before the two could kill each other.

"I have no interest in money." Said drax.

"Great. That means more money for the four of us." Said Quill looking to the rest of us apart from Groot.

"Mmm?" Groot huffed lifting his arms slightly towards Quill.

Quill sighed then correcting himself. "For the five of us. Partners."

"We have an agreement, but I would never be partners with the likes of you. I'll tell the buyer we're on our way. And Quill, your ship is filthy." Gamora said walking upstairs to the controls. Quill staring while she walked away.

"Oh, she has no idea. If I had a black light, this place would look light a Jackson Pollock painting." He said looking down to Rocket and I.

"You got issues Quill." Rocket said shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Yeah, serious issues. You might wanna get them checked out." I said walking off.

.-.-.-.-.-.
Rockets POV

There she goes again with her comments.

Il admit she's funny.

"Dude come on. You can't tell me you don't have the smallest crush on her." Quill said looking down at me.

"Quill I think your issues are bigger than you think." I said.

"What! I totally saw you staring after her just now. You can't tell me that you don't even like her this much." Her said holding up his fingers.

"So what if I think she's cute?" I asked.

"You need to shoot your shot-"

"What? No way."

"Come on, at least help her with that metal thing on her back. Gamora told me that it looked awful." He said.

"Fine. But this isn't because I like her." I said starting to walk off to find her.

"Just admit you like her a tiny bit." Quill half shouted.

"This much." I said giving in. I turned around holding up my fingers showing at least an inch.

"I knew it!" He called.

I only liked her a tiny bit.

.-.-.-.-.-.
3rd person POV

Rocket found Maisie finishing off the bomb that he had started making.

"Hey what you doing?" He said sitting on his knees next to her.

"Finishing of what you started." She said in return not taking her eyes off of the parts in her hands.

The raccoon stared at her while she worked. He admired the concentration in her face.

"It's just about finished." She said turning to meet his gaze.

"Uh thanks I guess."

"You're welcome. Now why are you here?" Maisie asked.

"That thing on your back. You can't get it off right? At least let me make it more comfortable." Rocket said looking at the meerkats back.

"Oh yeah? And how are you gonna do that?" She asked standing up.

"I could fix your shirt so that it doesn't go over it." Rocket offered her now standing up too.

"As long as you don't ruin it, be my guest." She said.

Rocket shut the door to the room.

Privacy duh.

He then gathered the tools he needed to 'fix' the top half of her outfit.

"Turn around and stay still. Don't wanna do anymore damage to the back half of you." He half joked.

"You know that was almost funny." She said following his instructions.

He then started to carefully cut down the middle of her shirt.

"Can I ask you something?" Maisie asked interrupting the silence.

"Go ahead." Rocket replied now halfway down her shirt.

"Touchy subject but, why did you escape? And how. Sorry I know that's two questions." Maisie asked. Her head lowering.

The raccoon knew what she was talking about.

"You mean like-" he started.

"Yeah." She confirmed.

He sighed. "Well, that day I found out I had discovered something the High Evolutionary hadn't yet. How to make his latest batch peaceful... I then heard that he was going to get rid off all of the rest of us. So when I got back to my cage, I put all the pieces of a key together and opened the door." He then explained.

"Alarms went off after that didn't they?." Maisie said.

"Yeah. Why is that important?" Rocket asked nearly finished with cutting her shirt apart.

"Well. That day- or night rather, I heard on how they were supposed to get rid of us. I had told the rest on their plan but as soon as we all heard the alarms, I guess we knew that someone else had the same intentions. I had stolen a card a while back and so I used that. I guess the guards were so busy searching for you that they didn't even think about hunting me down." She explained fiddling with her robotic hands.

"You said you told the rest? Didn't they go with you?" Rocket asked referring to her friends.

Silence

The thoughts in his head clicked.

"Oh... it may be hard to believe, but I can relate. There was four of us. Floor, Teefs, Lyla and me." He said going back into his past life.

"There was four of us too. Ginger, Stripes, Leo and me." Maisie said.

Rocket had now finished cutting open the back of what she was wearing. Now staring at the damage.

He now saw what they had done to her up close. He could now see the dry blood that was round the edges of the nails in her back. He could see the rough edges of where the fur was no longer. He could see the clumps of blood in her fur mixed with the orange liquid from the prison they had just escaped from..

Was he discussed? Sad for her? Did he feel bad?

"Did you finish cutting the shirt yet or-" She turned her head to look back over her shoulder.

The raccoon moved the now separated sides to have a better look.

Yes he felt so bad.

Maisie sighed.

"After the day that I escaped, I ignored what they had done. I couldn't look at it and it was painful at the time. So I pretended it wasn't there." She explained in shame.

"Uh, just take the rest of it off and I'm pretty sure that I saw a shower down the hall. If it starts reacting we'll think of another way to clean it up." Rocket said turning round to let her take off the top piece of her clothing.

"Thanks Rocket. Don't ruin it while I'm gone." She said walking out to find the shower.

.-.-.-.-.-.
Rockets POV

Maisie left the room leaving her shirt on the floor.

Fuck I feel bad for her

She had it harder that's for sure.

I then layed out the clothing on the floor.

No wonder she hasn't slept. Has no one and she can't sleep on her back

I started to cut off a small amount from each side of the shirt so that the metal would fit in between the middle.

I then joined a small bit of the top and the bottom together so the clothing stuck together.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
3rd person POV

Maisie came back from her decent shower. Arms across her bare chest area.

"Hey I'm back. You finished?" She asked walking over to Rocket kneeling over her top piece of her outfit.

"Yeah. Finished just now." He said standing up with the edited shirt in both his hands.

He turned around to her.

"Oh shit. Didn't mean to look." He said moving his eyes to the ground.

"It's fine. I did try to get what was on my back off." She said turning around to put it on.

The clothing went on easier than before.

"Oh yeah it looks way better than before." Rocket said admiring the new look.

"Normally I would have something funny to say but I don't so you'll have to settle with a solid thank you." Maisie said turning around.

"Don't worry about it meerkat." The Raccoon said making eye contact with said meerkat.

"I won't raccoon." The meerkat said smirking.

They stayed standing for another few seconds.

"Come one let's go to the others. We must be arriving soon." Maisie said walking towards the door opening it.

They both walked out. One thankful and the other proud of his work. Deep down they were both relieved of knowing that the other had gone through the same thing.

They could relate to one another. They weren't alone with their traumatic pasts.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Sorry I haven't updated in so long

2141 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 915 43
"𝙉𝙚𝙮𝙯𝙞𝙧𝙖. 𝘼 𝙝𝙮𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙 𝙇𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙖𝙩𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙈𝙤𝙡𝙯𝙪𝙧𝙖, 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙪𝙥𝙩, 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨...
19.8K 510 15
"How long?" I ask. "Ever since we met" he confesses. "Maybe I've liked you too" I say. "Was is obvious?" I ask. "Kinda." I'm Rexine but call me Rex...
2.4K 68 11
She's a daughter of Thanos, sister of Gamora and Nebula, one of the deadliest assassins in the galaxy. Since she was five years old, she has always f...
11.2K 421 40
"𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓, 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔; But m𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒄𝒉...