Different World // Nayeon X r...

Galing kay WritingRey

Park Y/N is a 25 year old cop. She lives with her two friends Dahyun and Tzuyu and takes her job seriously. O... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 5

1.4K 121 11
Galing kay WritingRey

After work Y/N immediately made her way to Gapyeong, the small town where her family lives and where she used to live as well for two years before moving back to Seoul. She comes back here once every month and stays the weekend. Sometimes her parents come visit her in Seoul too so they do see each other regularly but of course not as often as before she became a cop.

"Y/N-ah, you're finally here come in." Her mother opened the door widely for Y/N to enter and hugged her.

"We invited the whole family tonight for dinner so you're just on time." By the whole family, the woman means her three children, the wife and the son of the oldest brother and the fiancée of the other brother.

"Y/N-ah, where have you been huh? You're overworking again aren't you?" Jiho, the middle child asked behind his mother.

"You know how it's like being a cop oppa." Y/N laughed.

"I know, I know I'm a detective myself as well. Didn't you know?"

"I literally just found out." Y/N joked. Yes her brother is also a cop, he's the first one who went to the police academy but he had already graduated when they moved to Gapyeong and now he's working here in the small town.

"Let's go to the table, everyone's there." Their mother suggested and they did as they were told. By seeing Y/N they all greeted and hugged her. The moment she saw her little nephew, her heart instantly felt warm.

"He's so cute." Y/N smiled as his mother gave him to Y/N. "How are you little boy?"

"How is it possible that I didn't miss any of you except for Minjun?"

"Yah, how can you only miss him? He's not even that cute." Jaehyun, the oldest brother commented.

"He is way cuter than you." His wife commented.

"Your wife just burned you bro." Jiho laughed to which everyone joined.

"He's also cuter than you." Jiho's fiancée smirked knowing that this comment will make him shut up.

"Enough joking around guys. Let's start eating now that everyone's here." Y/N's father smiled and they did as they were told.

"Anything new, Y/N? How's everything going in Seoul?" Mr. Park asked.

"I guess since I'm the only one that doesn't live here, I'm the one that should start updating you about my life right?"

"Yes. We see your brothers every week but we see you only once a month dear." Her mother caressed her arm.

"Well, it's going the same. Nothing new really, except for the fact that more criminalities are happening lately." Y/N explained as she took a bite of her chicken.

"You're still working with Minji?" Her mother asked and this is one of the reasons why Y/N doesn't really like coming here anymore. They keep asking her about Minji.

"Sometimes, if we get assigned to work together then yes but other than that you know she's in a different team so it doesn't happen too often."

"It's weird that you come here by yourself now. You two always came together." Jaehyun expressed.

"Can we change the subject? Why do you guys always bring up Minji? We broke up six months ago and it will stay that way."

"You just never told us why you guys broke up." Mr. Park informed.

"I mean maybe it's a good thing that they broke up. This way you might find yourself a man that is willing to get married." Mrs. Park said knowing she will get a reaction out of this statement.

"Just because we broke up doesn't mean I will suddenly want to be with a man. I already told you a 100 times that I'm only attracted to women so get that thought out of your head." Y/N reminded her mother.

"I mean the fact that your relationship with Minji failed just shows that two women can't really make it work, don't you think?" Her father asked.

"Our relationship didn't fail because we're both women. It has nothing to do with that." This is why Y/N sometimes really dislikes being with her family, they still can't accept the fact that she's gay.

Y/N found out at the age of 18 that she's intro girls. Before that she dated a few boys but she realised that she never really felt anything for them. Then she met a girl at the police academy and she had a huge crush on her. The girl wasn't into women so Y/N's feelings were not reciprocated. After she graduated she became a cop at the Gangnam police station and Minji was assigned to teach Y/N everything about how the station works. Y/N felt instantly attracted to the woman. Minji had it all. She was extremely beautiful, kind, intelligent, wealthy and Y/N admired her a lot.

The two spend a lot of time together since Y/N wanted to learn as fast as she could and eventually the two started to gain feelings for each other. After about a year, the two started dating. The relationship went very well. There was mutual respect and they both loved each other a lot despite having a five year age gap. However since they're two women in a relationship, they had to keep it a secret. Only their families and close friends knew about it. They both knew that being together was a huge risk for them. They didn't know what people would say if they found out that two female cops working at the same police station are dating. If the secret got out, they might have gotten fired. So naturally their jobs were at risk and after two years of dating they came to a mutual agreement to break up. You can say that they took their jobs over their relationship.

At times Y/N wishes that something else had broken them up. Their relationship was close to perfect. They never really fought and they both treated each other very well. This only makes it harder for her to move on because there was nothing wrong in their relationship. If they didn't have the same job and didn't work at the same station, then they might have never broken up. But at the same time then they probably would have never met either.

The two agreed to stay professional after the break up in order to not raise any suspicion but it was way harder than they expected. They don't have to work together all the time since they're in different teams but occasionally they have to and they both find it very hard even though six months have already passed.

Minji's family has known ever since the beginning that she's into both women and men so when the two started dating, Minji immediately told her family and they accepted Y/N with open arms. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with Y/N's family. Y/N didn't tell her family about Minji for about seven months because she knew that her family wouldn't accept it, but eventually Minji started to think that Y/N wasn't serious with her and that Y/N can't hide her forever so Y/N made the difficult decision to tell her family that she's gay and is dating a fellow female police officer who's five years older than her.

Her family didn't accept this at all. Nor her brothers and parents were fine with this revelation. They encouraged Y/N to break up with her and to find herself a man instead. They told her that she wasn't welcome unless she broke up with Minji but Y/N loved Minji way too much to listen to her family. So she went against them and continued to date Minji. For about three months Y/N didn't contact her family at all and they didn't contact her either. Of course Minji felt bad and blamed herself for it. Y/N realised that it can't go on like this. So she took Minji and went to Gapyeong. She asked her family to at least try to get to know Minji before disowning her. She asked them to try to get to know her and if they still felt like this love wasn't real and that Y/N shouldn't date her then Y/N would walk out of their lives.

Her family didn't want to lose her so they agreed. Even though they found it super wrong, they tried to get to know Minji. The older women really did her best for Y/N's family to like her and in the long run she succeeded. They all liked her, there wasn't anything bad about the women that they could use to their advantage. Minji was just the perfect person for Y/N and they could all see that. Their fear of Minji bringing Y/N down was all erased because the only thing that Minji did was pull Y/N up. Although they still weren't comfortable with Y/N dating a woman, they started to be fine with it.

"And also I thought you had accepted the fact that I'm gay. Why are you suddenly saying all this?" Y/N questioned.

"We learned to live with it, yes. But we never were happy with it. Those are two different things." her mother answered and Y/N felt hurt at that point. Her family will never be fine with her being with a women.

"What would have happened if Minji and I didn't break up? What if we had decided to get married?" These are all questions that are wandering in Y/N's mind.

"We would have accepted it because we love Minji and although she's a woman she treated you well and cared for you. She's the perfect daughter-in-law actually." Mr. Park explained.

"Yeah we learned to accept Minji and it was a whole process that we had to go through. I'm just not sure we can go through it again. And you know very well that being in a same sex relationship isn't that easy. I know that you broke up because of your jobs. It's just impossible for you to be a cop and be with a woman at the same time. People won't trust a cop like you." Jiho said in sadness. He doesn't have a problem with Y/N being gay, but as a cop himself he knows how hard it is to gain people's trust.

"I... I have to go, I'm sorry. I don't feel well. I'm going to sleep." Y/N stood up and left to her room. Even though she moved our two years ago, her room is still there. her parents left everything in it in case she comes to visit.

"Why did you bring Minji up? Can't you see she's still getting upset by the subject?" Jaehyun asked his parents.

"She needs to face reality. Even a perfect relationship like theirs didn't last because they're two women." Mrs. Park answered. "Will she fight her whole life against society? She should just choose the easy way."

"You're being too harsh on her. Just let her be with who she wants. She's smart enough to know what's best for her. It didn't work out with Minji but it might work out with another woman. it's not like straight couples make it work all the time." Jaehyun's wife, Yuri spoke up. She and Y/N are actually quite close so Yuri feels the need to protect her. She sees Y/N as her little sister.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: Please leave down a comment and don't forget to vote!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

178K 7.7K 42
A world where war prevails and peace is just a mere imagination. This is what the Gods want, and they shall get it, at least that's what people think...
40.8K 1K 41
Found your match you both like twice Nayeon The love story begins in a chatting or dating site Sorry for the grammars and to my english guys this is...
7K 120 17
Twice oneshots out of my imagination. Twice X Female Reader Reminder that this is my first book and please support me and my book, thank you. Ranks: ...
7.6K 384 38
LYD: Vengance Twice Fanfic (Jeong x Mina) Warning!: Genderbend Story Started: 09/20/23 Finished: 01/21/24