ᴇxɪʟᴇ | ᴅᴇʀᴇᴋ ʜᴀʟᴇ

By miguelschamp

"ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪ'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ꜰɪʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ. ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ. sᴏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀᴍ ɪ ᴅ... More

3A Cᴀsᴛ
Tᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏ
Tᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏ (2)
Cʜᴀᴏs Rɪsɪɴɢ
Cʜᴀᴏs Rɪsɪɴɢ (2)
Fɪʀᴇғʟɪᴇs
Uɴʟᴇᴀsʜᴇᴅ
Uɴʟᴇᴀsʜᴇᴅ (2)
Fʀᴀʏᴇᴅ
Fʀᴀʏᴇᴅ (2)
Mᴏᴛᴇʟ Cᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ
Mᴏᴛᴇʟ Cᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ (2)
Mᴏᴛᴇʟ Cᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ (3)
Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛs
Vɪsɪᴏɴᴀʀʏ
Tʜᴇ Gɪʀʟ Wʜᴏ Kɴᴇᴡ Tᴏᴏ Mᴜᴄʜ
Tʜᴇ Oᴠᴇʀʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ
Tʜᴇ Oᴠᴇʀʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ (2)
Tʜᴇ Oᴠᴇʀʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ (3)
Aʟᴘʜᴀ Pᴀᴄᴛ
Aʟᴘʜᴀ Pᴀᴄᴛ (2)
Rᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs: Lᴜɴᴀʀ Eʟʟɪᴘsᴇ
Rᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs: Lᴜɴᴀʀ Eʟʟɪᴘsᴇ (2)
Rᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs: Lᴜɴᴀʀ Eʟʟɪᴘsᴇ (3)
3B Cᴀsᴛ
Aɴᴄʜᴏʀs
Aɴᴄʜᴏʀs (2)
Mᴏʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Tʜᴀɴ Gᴏᴏᴅ
Mᴏʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Tʜᴀɴ Gᴏᴏᴅ (2)
Mᴏʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Tʜᴀɴ Gᴏᴏᴅ (3)
Gᴀʟᴠᴀɴɪᴢᴇ
Gᴀʟᴠᴀɴɪᴢᴇ (2)
Gᴀʟᴠᴀɴɪᴢᴇ (3)
Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ
Iʟʟᴜᴍɪɴᴀᴛᴇᴅ (2)
Sɪʟᴠᴇʀғɪɴɢᴇʀ
Sɪʟᴠᴇʀғɪɴɢᴇʀ (2)
Sɪʟᴠᴇʀғɪɴɢᴇʀ (3)
Rɪᴅᴅʟᴇᴅ
Rɪᴅᴅʟᴇᴅ (2)
Rɪᴅᴅʟᴇᴅ (3)
Lᴇᴛʜᴀʀɪᴀ Vᴜʟᴘɪɴᴀ
Lᴇᴛʜᴀʀɪᴀ Vᴜʟᴘɪɴᴀ (2)
Eᴄʜᴏ Hᴏᴜsᴇ
Eᴄʜᴏ Hᴏᴜsᴇ (2)
Tʜᴇ Fᴏx ᴀɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Wᴏʟғ

Vɪsɪᴏɴᴀʀʏ (2)

393 13 2
By miguelschamp

______________________________________

As Peter told the story of Paige and Derek meeting and Ariane and Derek's friendship dwindling, Luisa was becoming confused.

How did Ariane hide this entire part of her life from her ?

And how in the hell did she have no recollection of Derek being around Ariane ?

"Okay, so if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he ?" Stiles says pulling Luisa out of her thoughts, "How old were you ? How old are you now ?"

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think." Peter says

"Okay, that was frustratingly vague." He says turning to Cora, "How old are you ?"

"I'm 17."

"See, that's an answer. That's how we answer people."

"Well, 17 how you'd measure in years."

"All right, I'm just gonna drop it."

"So, if Ariane and Derek never became friends again, what happened to Derek and the cello girl ?" Luisa asks

"What do you think happened ? They were teenagers. One minute, it's, "I hate you, don't talk to me." The next, it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone for five minutes. Their favorite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills."

"All right, hold up. How do you know all this ? You just said that they were alone." Stiles says

"Back then, I wasn't just Derek's Uncle. I was his best friend, his closest confidante. That's how I know."

______________________________________

As Peter explained the love story between Derek and Paige, the rain started to come down harder. He also explained how what he knew about the Alpha pack back then. How they were angry at the Argent hunters for killing one of their own. How they planned on getting revenge. He then traced the Alpha pack symbol in the fog on the window.

"Our mark for vendetta."

"Man, you guys really take that revenge thing to, like, a whole new level, don't you ?" Stiles says

"It's not just revenge." Cora says shaking her head, "Losing a member of your pack isn't like losing family. It's like you lose a limb."

"They wouldn't even let him see the body." Peter says

"I don't get it." Luisa sighs, "What does this have to do with Derek ?"

"Everything. It's never just a single moment. It's a confluence of events. Personally, I looked at Ennis' circumstances, I saw a profound loss. Derek saw something different. He saw opportunity."

"Opportunity ? To do what ?"

"To always be with her." Peter says, "The thing was, he had this constant fear. He was obsessing over it, thinking about it all night, all day, always on his mind."

"I kept telling him not to do it. Every day the more he thought about it, the more convinced he became. You know teenagers. I bet he even blames me. He's probably convinced himself the whole thing was my idea." He scoffs. Luisa could tell that it was 100% his idea.

______________________________________

Ariane opens her door with her bag sitting on her shoulder. She stops abruptly as Anna stands there.

"Can I help you ?" Ariane says

"Um, I was just coming to see Luisa. She wasn't answering my texts."

"She's not here." Ariane deadpans

"Oh, well, could you tell her I texted ? If you don't mind."

Ariane nods hesitantly as Anna smiles at her before leaving. Ariane's eyes follow her before she's out of sight. She closes her door behind her before pulling her phone out.

______________________________________

Luisa's phone buzzes in her pocket. She takes it out and sets it on the table as she reads the text from Ariane.

Your friend came looking for you. She said you weren't texting her. Is everything okay ?

She sighs before she turns her phone over. She looks up as Cora leans on the table.

"They keep us connected to humanity. But they're a secret even in the pack. Sometimes only the Alpha knows who the emissary is. Derek and I had no idea about Deaton."

"Or his sister, Morrell." Peter says

"She's an emissary too ?" Stiles says

"For the Alpha pack."

"Our guidance counselor ?" Luisa says with raised brows

"Why the hell don't you people tell me any of this stuff, huh ? I shared some really intimate details with her." Stiles exclaims

"And did she give you good advice ?" Cora says

"Actually, yeah." He mutters

"That's what they do. That's what Deaton used to do for Talia." Peter says

______________________________________

The next story was about Derek asking Ennis to bite Paige. While Luisa had no real interest in this story anymore, she listened anyway.

"Ennis ? Why would he choose him ?" Cora says

"Why not ? Ennis needed a new member for his pack. Paige was young and strong. Doing a favor for Derek meant Ennis would be in good with Talia. Back then, everybody wanted to be in good with her."

"He doesn't remember it was Ennis, does he ?" Stiles says

"If he does, he keeps it to himself."

"So then what happened ? Did he turn her ?" Luisa asks

"Almost. He came at Ennis. A 15 year-old boy against a giant. There was no reason for him to fight. She'd already been bitten."

"So did she turn ?" Cora says

"She should have. Most of the time, the bite takes. Most of the time."

"When you offered it to me, you said, 'if it doesn't kill you.'" Stiles says

"If. He knew the answer, though. It didn't matter that she was young and strong. Some people just aren't made for this. But she fought. She struggled desperately, trying to survive."

Stiles sighs as he looks to Luisa. He looks down at her phone as it vibrates again. She turns it over and sees another text from Ariane. She knew she should answer, but she just turned the phone over again.

"I remember taking her body from his arms, to the woods, to a place where I knew that it would be found... another in a long line of Beacon Hills animal attacks."

"And what about Derek ?" Cora says

"Taking an innocent life takes... Something from you as well, a bit of your soul... darkening it, dimming the once brilliant, golden yellow to a cold, steel blue... like mine." Peter says flashing his blue eyes.

______________________________________

Ariane sat in her room doing some homework. Her music played from her phone on her bedside table as she sat on the bed. She tapped her pencil on her notebook as she heard a knock on her window.

Her brows furrow as she sets her pencil down and walks over to her window. When she pulls the curtains back, her content mood falls.

She goes to close the curtains, but is stopped.

"Wait, Ariane, please." Derek says. His voice coming off muffled since the window was closed.

Ariane huffs as she looks back toward him, "What ?"

"Please open the window."

"No."

"Please." He begs. Ariane's eyes widen when he flashes his eyes, but instead of their normal yellow, they were now a piercing blue.

She hurries to open the window before stepping aside and letting him in. When he stumbles in she looks him over.

"What happened ?"

"Paige." He mumbles

Ariane furrows her brows, "What ? What do you mean ?"

"I just wanted her to be safe." He says as tears start to brim his eyes.

Ariane lets out a breath as he looks down. Although her mind was telling her not to, she walked toward him. She pulls him in for a hug and that's all he needs to break down.

______________________________________

Luisa, Stiles, and Cora sat on the steps of the loft. Peter had left them alone a little while ago. Stiles was uncharacteristically quiet and Cora could tell he had something on his mind.

"What ? What's this... what's this look on your face ?

Luisa looks up from her phone as Stiles looks around, "What look ?"

"The kind of look that makes me want to punch you."

"Oh, my God. You are so Derek's sister. I forgot."

"Well, what is with the look ?"

"I just don't believe him. All right, in Ms. Blake's class, we're reading Heart of Darkness, and it's in first person, right ? Narrated by Marlow. The thing is that he's... he's an unreliable narrator. You know the details of it have changed, you know, just because of his perspective."

"Well, then we heard the story from Peter's perspective."

"Right, and I don't think we got the whole story." He says

"So, what ?" Luisa starts, "Are you just gonna ask Derek about the girl he fell in love with and then killed ?"

"If I have to..." He sighs, "Yeah."

______________________________________

Luisa walks into the apartment with a sigh. As she walks in, Ariane stands up from the couch.

"Jesus, Luisa. You know you could answer a text every once in a while."

"I'm sorry, I was with Stiles."

"And that's fine, but at least let me know you're okay."

Luisa sits on the couch, "Why haven't you told me about Derek ?"

Ariane stops as she looks to Luisa. The girl staying quiet as she watched her sister debate with her own thoughts.

"What about him ?"

"Why didn't you tell me you guys had history ?"

"Because we don't." She says, "We knew each other because of mom."

"You guys were best friends, Ariane." Luisa says standing up, "And you were in love with him."

"Where did you hear that ?"

"Is it true ?"

Ariane sighs, "Yes, it's true. Why does it matter ?"

"I'm not saying it does, but it would've been nice to know."

"Yes, I loved him, Luisa. He didn't feel the same and I moved on." She says stepping past her.

"What about Paige ?"

Ariane stops, "How the hell do you know about Paige ?"

"Stiles and I were talking to Peter to try and figure out where Derek is. The Alpha pack made him kill Boyd the other night and Stiles wants Derek's help in stopping them from killing anyone else."

"Paige was Derek's girlfriend and he had to do what he needed to help her." She shrugs, "Wherever he is, I'm sure he's fine."

"You know it's okay to talk about these things." Luisa says stepping closer

"Talking about it isn't going to change anything."

Luisa's face softens as she watches Ariane walk off down the hall. Her door closes as Luisa sits back down on the couch.

______________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 132 8
"I was all alone with the love of my life" 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐗𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐞 he's the most caring and genuine boy she's eve...
604K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
25.3K 729 22
"no return we'll crash and burn" ~~ In which two friends fall in love despite their best efforts not to ~~ (extended summary inside) Evan Buckley x O...