Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 13

3.3K 178 17
By terasomdi

I am in the car waiting for Becky. We have planned to visit Chen's workplace today and I am equally excited to spend the day with her. After some minutes a knock was heard at the window and I unlocked the car door.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, I had to fix some things before leaving" Becky apologized as she got in the car.

"It's nothing. I understand perfectly" I responded with a smile.

I think I am still used to waiting for her in the car. During those times as her driver, I spent much time, sometimes an hour or two, waiting in the car. So it's really nothing to me now that I only waited for few minutes.

Becky looks so beautiful in her beige mini skirt and white top. She has a beautiful smile on her face and I really wish I can kiss her lips right now. How is one person this beautiful and cute? She cleared her throat in an attempt to bring back my mind that was long gone.

"You look beautiful this morning." I complimented shyly.

"Thank you" she muttered.

I can see from the corner of my eyes while starting the car that she's smiling broadly. I am glad we won't be going to the program. We already notified them of our absent and why we wouldn't be coming today.

After about an hour of driving, we finally arrived at the place.

"Oh Freen, I am so happy to see you" Chen said as he walked to me.

He spread his arms so widely immediately he got close and hugged me tightly. It's been a while we saw each other. The last time I saw him was a year ago, on his wedding day. His wife stays abroad and he travels often to meet the wife over there. Well, hopefully very soon, they will be expecting their first child.

He was stiffened and speechless when he saw Becky. Even though I already told them everything on the phone, I know they will react this way. Exactly my reaction the first day I saw Becky. It was as if I saw a ghost.

"Please act normal. She knows nothing" I whispered to him.

"Hello pretty girl. How are you doing?" He said in English while stretching his hand for a handshake.

Did he just call her pretty girl? I know he isn't trying to flirt with her or something but I don't really like the sound of that.

"I am doing great. Thank you" Becky responded.

Well, without taking his hand though. It's rude but I am glad she did that. Speaking of that, I don't know Becky with such behavior. Why did she do that? Chen smiled and withdrew his hand. He wrapped his hand around my shoulder instead and kissed me on the cheek. He hasn't stopped this habit of his?

"You are both welcome to my workplace. Let's go in." He said and we started walking inside the building.

I turned to look at Becky. She's walking behind us with her two hands folded. Why does she look angry right now? I waved it off in a second not wanting to overthink what is all in my head.

"I am glad you are here Freen. I decided to come here today because you told me you would be coming. I will personally show you around here" he said smiling as soon as we got into his office.

I smiled back at him and looked at Becky who's sitting next to me with no smile on her face. Now I'm beginning to get worried over why she's moody. I asked if she's okay and she said yes but she's keeping a straight face and I wonder what's wrong. After spending some time in Chen's office, it was time to get started with the main reason that brought us here.

"These are the list of soaps my  company produces. Which of them would you like to be trained on?" Chen asked handing us a catalog.

"Which one would you like?" I asked Becky and she pointed at the liquid soap.

"That one huh?" Chen asked and we looked at him.

"I am curious to know why you chose that" he continued.

"Why? Doesn't your wife like it?" Becky asked in a little rude manner.

Chen and I looked at each other in confusion before looking back at her. I am slightly confused over why she mentioned his wife in the conversation. Is she really okay?

"He has a ring on his finger, so I thought he is married. Aren't you married?" She asked in an unbothered way.

Of course Chen is married but what has that got to do with anything? Becky is like this because she's not happy. Did something happen at home?

"I am" Chen simply said.

Silence

"Let's get started, shall we?" he said while standing up. 

We got out of his office to the production center. We spent some time watching the workers as they produce that particular soap. It got easier when Chen started explaining everything to us and after about an hour of learning how it works, we decided to try some by ourselves.

Becky and I wore the company's protective coat and began the soap production. It was easier at first but got difficult towards the finishing stage. Oh no. I think I have messed things up here.

"Did you just add that chemical?" Becky asked in disbelief.

"Ah.. my hand added it by itself" I said nervously.

Silence

"Sorry.." I muttered.

"Come on Freen. We already spent two hours on this, now we will start all over" She said weakly.

We started all over again and this time, a worker assisted us through the finishing stage. I can't believe the amount of time we spent trying to make a single container of soap. Well, it's because we are not experts yet but the most important thing here is that we have learnt how it's been produced and how soap companies work.

Becky and I are in the changing room. I removed the gloves and coat and Becky did the same but she has some thing on her face. It's a color used for the soap. It must have splashed on her face by mistake.

"Uhm... You have something on your face" I said to her.

"Really? Where?" She asked touching her face

"Just here"

She's trying to clean it but she's not getting the exact spot. So I took the tissue from her and started cleaning off the dirt. But In an instant my heart started beating so fast. Probably because of how she's looking at me right now. Her eyes are full of desire melting every piece of me. I love this beautiful woman so much and I don't know how to say it to her.

I looked down at her lips and swallowed hard. The whole of me is shaking and I am being pushed to kiss her. I want to do it. I just need to taste her lips. I dropped the tissue I was holding and cupped her cheeks with my trembling hands and she let out a soft sigh.

I started breathing up and fast when she gripped on my shirt. She's looking at my lips while gulping as well. Does she want the kiss too? I caressed her cheeks down to her lips and she trembled. She gripped on my shirt more tighter when I started bringing my face close to her.

Closer....

Closer....

My heart is beating so fast and I can feel her trembling hands as she pushes her face forward as well. I closed my eyes to welcome her lips when the door swung open that startled the both of us.

"Oh..." Chen exclaimed in shock.

Becky released her hands and moved away from me instantly. I cleared my throat awkwardly and turned to Chen who looks surprised right now.

"I am sorry the door was unlocked, so I thought..." He stuttered.

"Take a look at the soap we made. Your workers rated us 60% isn't that too low?" I said trying to change the topic.

He smiled and walked to the table where we kept the soap. I touched my chest to stay calm because it's pounding heavily. I nearly kissed Becky just now? We almost kissed! Oh gosh! Am I dreaming? She did not pull away. Infact she held me tighter. Why? Does it mean she wants me too? I looked at her immediately, our eyes met and she nervously looked away.

"You did well. Considering it's your first trial" Chen said taking me out of my thoughts.

"Let's talk in my office since you're done" he added and walked out of the room.

There was an awkward silence between Becky and I. I have never been in such an awkward situation before. A lot is running through my mind. Should I talk about the kiss that almost happened? Will that make her uncomfortable? She's really avoiding my eyes right now and it's making me nervous. Maybe it's a bad idea to talk about it.

"Let's go" I finally muttered and she nodded in agreement.

......................................................

Freen is busy with her friend. Talking and laughing leaving me alone in my imagination. I haven't fully recovered from what happened some minutes ago. We almost kissed. She was about to kiss me before this man barged in on us. Does it mean she likes me too? I am still avoiding her eyes because I am nervous and shy. I would like us to talk about that moment but I can't bring up the conversation because I am a little nervous.

Why does my heart beat so much for her? It has never happened to me before not with Jane nor with anybody. Plus I was so ready for the kiss. Am I already in love with her? Should I be worried over what I feel for her? I think my heart is beating for the wrong person. It should beat for Jane because she's my fiancee not for someone else. Not for this beautiful woman sitting beside me.

"I will make out time for us to have a full discussion Chen. But it's getting late now and I need to beat the traffic" Freen said bringing my mind back.

"I wish to continue talking to you like this forever. I have missed looking at your beautiful face" He responded.

I rolled my eyes in disbelief. Why is a married man so flirty? Does his wife know he's like this? Freen smiled broadly and picked up her bag. Why did she have to smile like that? I am so done with the both of them.

We were just about leaving his office when he stopped us again for like the millionth time. I know they are friends but this man talks a lot. Because of his long talks we stayed till this time and yet he doesn't want to let us go.

He smiled at Freen and grabbed her hand. Oh not again. I hate it so much when he touches Freen. I thought he's married? Why touch other people like this? Is it so bad to say I hate this man considering it's my first time of meeting him? There's something about him that I don't like at all. Well, maybe it's because of how he's holding Freen and  she's so comfortable with it.

I let out a sigh and opened the office door, hoping he would let go of her hand but no, he's still holding her getting me more angry. Will it be so rude if I slap his hands off her?

"It's getting late Sarocha. Let's go" I finally voiced out in anger.

They both turned to me in surprise. Why are they surprised? Isn't it getting late? I mean she said it herself that she wants to beat the traffic. I too don't want to get stuck in traffic so it's better we leave now.

"Hold on. She will be there in a minute" he shamelessly uttered.

"No it's best we leave now"

Silence

Is he so dumb that he can't figure out why I am like this? Maybe I should be more direct.  

"I thought you are married? Why is it so difficult for you to keep your hands to yourself?" I said and he immediately let go of Freen. Even Freen looks so shocked right now.

"Does your wife know...." I continued but..

"Becky!"

Freen called cutting me off and I got angry. She can stop me from talking but she can't tell him to keep his hands off her?

"You know you shouldn't let a married man touch you like that. It's an eyesore" I blurted.

Silence

Gosh! Did I really say that? Because of this man, I talked rudely to Freen. I hate this so much. But what I hate most, is why I am like this. I heaved a sigh of frustration and walked out of the office.

"Becky..?" I can hear Freen calling.

To be continued................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1.1K 19
Becky: I love you freen plzz I'm not asking much from u just asking to return the love is it why it's so difficult for u plzz just give me the reason...
562K 14.3K 35
A FreenBecky story where in Freen is betrayed by her Ex - Girlfriend and own brother then met her UNEXPECTED Trigger warning⚠️🔞 Girl P*n*s Matured c...
119K 5.8K 33
In a world filled with darkness and despair, Freen and Becky found solace in each other's love. Once deeply intertwined, fate had forced them apart...
239K 7.3K 44
Becky who hates Freen a lot is falling for her slowly after their marriage. Let's see how Becky treats Freen and why is that Becky hates her so much?