Better This Way 2

De terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... Mais

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 8

3.1K 173 16
De terasomdi

We are in a clinic closeby. The doctor is attending to Becky while I am waiting outside with the driver and few other people from the event. My heart is aching a lot and I keep pacing up and down praying that she gets well. In a minute my phone started ringing and that was Lily calling. I moved away from others to take that.

"Freen I want you to stay calm as I break this news to you" she said over the phone.

"You are right. The girl at the hospital is really Becky. Her name is Rebecca Patricia Armstrong..."

"I know Liliana. I already know" I said weakly.

"Really? How did you know?" She asked.

"I am with her right now."

Silence

"Thank you for your effort though. I will see you later..."

"Wait Freen" she called stopping me from ending the call.

"Are you okay?"

"I am not Lily. Becky doesn't know me anymore"

"What do you mean she doesn't know you ....?" She said.

I was about to say something when the doctor came out.

"I'll talk to you later" I said and ended the call.

The doctor called me into his office and ushered me a seat. Now I am so curious and equally scared to hear what he has to say.

"Are you a family member?" He asked.

"Uhm.. not really. I hope everything is fine doctor?"

"She is fine now. But it's best she doesn't get herself in that situation again"

"What situation doctor?" I asked worriedly.

"She strained her brain. It's not good for her"

"What are you talking about?"

"Having amnesia is not the end of the world. I know she must be so curious to remember everything that has happened in her life but forcing herself to remember that may cause more harm".

"Her amnesia may get worst if she keeps stressing her brain. It's best she remembers on her own without having to force it" the doctor continued.

I became so shocked. Becky has amnesia? Is that why she acted that way? That's why she also didn't recognize me at all. Oh my God! Why is this happening to me? Just when I thought I found her, now this? it's so painful.

I thanked the doctor and left his office to the room where Becky is. She's sleeping soundly on the bed when I got in, so I sat beside her. Tears started gathering in my eyes when I saw the scar on her neck. I can never forget how scared I was that day seeing that deep cut on her neck but It's all healed now.

I am so relieved that she's alive after everything even though she doesn't remember me, I am thankful to God that she was saved that day.

I started caressing her cheeks while trying so hard to hold back my tears. This may be the last time I will be this close to her. I will have to keep my distance when she wakes up so that I won't trigger her.

"I am happy you're alive Becky. But I will have to keep everything from you so you won't strain your memory again. I hope you remember everything on your own soon"

"And when you do, please come back to me and love me like you used to four years ago" I said and let go of my tears.

I was caressing her cheeks when she gradually opened her eyes. She's awake now. I quickly dried my tears and helped her sit up. She's looking at me surprisingly. I let out an awkward smile but she didn't smile back.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked worriedly.

"Can I have some water?" She said weakly.

I ran to the table close by and fetched some water in a glass. She took it from me and drank in one gulp. I smiled upon seeing that. My mind took me back to the first time I saw her finish a glass of water. It was that morning she fell sick after getting drugged in a club.

"Thank you" she muttered as she gave back the empty glass.

I nodded and tried to stand up to keep the glass but she held me back. My heart is beating so fast. A lot is running through my mind with that single action. Does she remember me now? Is that why she held me? This is a typical Becky's behavior back then. Always holding me like this stopping me from leaving.

"Uhm.." she stuttered.

"You need to rest. The doctor said you can go after taking a good rest" I said

Silence

I walked to the table and dropped the glass back. I don't know if sitting beside her on the bed is okay so I sat on the chair close to the bed. There was an awkward silence. She's trying to say something but holding herself back. Well, I have a lot to say but I can't say them.

I wish I can have a deep discussion with her about her life for the past four years. How she woke up from coma, how she has been over the years. I definitely can't have such talk with her right now since she doesn't even remember me.

"I am sorry that I was harsh to you" she said breaking the silence.

I looked at her. I am hurting a lot but I can't show her that. I only smiled and nodded while trying to hold back my tears.

"Have we met before?" She asked curiously

Now my tears are almost dropping. Of course we have met before. You were my girlfriend and we had plans of getting married. I wish I can tell you that but I can't.

"We probably have met before right? I mean considering that you know my name" she said.

Becky is curious right now. And it's not good for her according to the doctor.

"I am sorry for my behavior earlier. I mistook you for someone else" I said

"It's not nice to lie to my face you know" she said and that shocked me to the core. How did she know I lied?

"You literally acted like you know me."

"I ... I uhm ..." I stuttered.

I don't know what to say anymore. Should I just tell her the truth? But what if it triggers her? She's looking at me in the eyes making me a little nervous. Maybe I should just tell her.

I was in my thoughts when I felt her hand on mine. Becky held my hand and that made me shiver. Every of her touches mean so much to me. She raised her eyebrows indicating I should continue.

"The thing is..." I tried speaking but the door opened and someone got in.

"Oh baby!" The girl called weakly and started running towards us.

Baby? Becky immediately let go of my hand and moved away from me. The girl, probably in her late twenties, ran to Becky and hugged her on bed. I got so confused over the whole thing. Who is she?

"I can't believe you ended up here just today I left you alone" the girl said to Becky with a worried look.

"I am fine Jane." Becky answered.

"How are you fine when you are in a hospital bed? I shouldn't have let you go alone"

Silence

Okay this girl's name is Jane but why did she call Becky baby just now? And why is she holding Becky the way she is holding her right now? I seem completely invincible to her because she didn't for once acknowledge my presence. I got so concerned when she cupped Becky's face.

"Stop overreacting Jane. I told you I am fine. The doctor said I can leave after taking some rest" Becky said moving her hands away from her.

"I am overreacting now? Really? Do you know how worried I was when the driver told me what happened? Do you know how bad I feel right now? I feel like what happened to you is partly my fault" she said and Becky rolled her eyes.

"How is that your fault?" Becky asked weakly.

"If I was with you, nothing would have happened to you...."

"Okay that's enough. Don't be dramatic right now at least not here" Becky said getting a little frustrated.

This time the girl paused and looked at me. She cleared her throat and sat properly on the bed. Her eyes ran allover me before turning back to Becky who was about saying something.

"Uhm this is Jane" Becky introduced.

"Her fiancee" The girl chipped in and Becky turned to her immediately.

"What?" I muttered in shock.

Did I hear right? Becky is already engaged? I don't know how that made me feel. My heart aches as if a knife cut through it.

"Uhm.. hi Jane" I said and faked a smile.

I tried to act cool but I couldn't so I stood up and excused myself.

"I need to go to the bathroom" I said and left to the bathroom.

I held the vanity so tightly while trying to hold back my tears but the pain inside was much so I broke down in tears. I can't believe this. Becky is alive all these while I thought she was dead. But now that she's back, she doesn't even remember me and untop of that she is engaged? Gosh this is too much for me right now. Why am I so unlucky?

..................................................

"I need to go to the bathroom" the lady said and left the room.

I immediately turned to Jane. I am so mad at her for her behavior earlier. Why act that way infront of that lady?

"Why did you do that?" I asked her.

"Do what?"

"Why did you act in such manner? Why did you say that?" I fumed.

I don't know what exactly made me angry. But I am sure I never liked that she just told the lady that she is my fiancee.

"Are you for real? You are my fiancee, I don't see anything wrong in telling other people that" she said.

"So you just go about telling everyone you're my fiancee? Do you really have to do that?"

"Why are you making this an issue right now?"

"Because I don't like it Jane! Don't you get it? I don't want you to be like this!" I said angrily

Silence.

Why am I this angry that she told her? Jane has always been like this but I never really cared. But why did I get affected with this one? I sincerely wanted to keep it from that lady and I don't even know why. It's sad that Jane already told her.

I got out of the bed and started getting my things ready.

"Where are you going?" Jane asked

"Back to the hotel."

"Don't be like this Becky. The doctor said you need to rest...."

"I will rest there" I cut her off.

She stood weakly watching me as I got everything ready and opened the door to leave. I turned to her to know why she's still standing there and not leaving with me.

"Aren't you coming?" I finally voiced out.

She let out a sigh and followed me out of the room. My driver and the people from the event walked to me immediately they saw me.

"I will be leaving now. Thanks a lot for taking care of me" I said to them.

"Please have a good rest at home" one of them said.

"Don't worry about the presentation today. You can still do that tomorrow" the other said and I smiled.

I completely forgot about my presentation. Well, tomorrow is another day. I thanked them and looked around again for her. She said she wanted to go to the bathroom but why isn't she back yet? I really wish I can see her before leaving.

"Let's go" Jane said and I nodded.

We started walking towards the exit door when I finally saw her. She just came out from the other corner of the building. She stood in awe when she saw me too. Why does her facial expressions get me every single time? I always see sadness in her eyes. Why is this lady so sad?

I smiled and walked to her. She's looking sadly into my eyes and everything in me is pushing me to hug her but I can't do that because Jane is here and she would nag the life out of me if I do that.

"I will see you tomorrow" I said

"Tomorrow?" She asked confusedly.

"Yeah. At the program..."

"Ah.." her short response.

Silence

"Don't be absent." I said looking at her in the eyes and she smiled.

I smiled back at her and went back to Jane. just before we walked out of the door, I look back at her to see that she hasn't moved an inch. She's still standing right there with her handbag almost falling off her hand. This lady has caught my attention, should I be worried over that?

To be continued...........

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

166K 6.1K 54
Becky's life takes a tumultuous turn when she discovers the painful truth about her boyfriend, Nop - he had betrayed her trust and cheated on her wit...
128K 4.8K 31
"I don't deserve to be happy, I don't deserve to have you, but even after all the things that happened, I still can't help but want you" Freen said a...
79.1K 1.4K 22
Warning: Mature Content - explicit, highly detailed scenes - The road to being together is not so easy. Feelings, work, jealousy and sex, a whole ra...
563K 14.3K 35
A FreenBecky story where in Freen is betrayed by her Ex - Girlfriend and own brother then met her UNEXPECTED Trigger warning⚠️🔞 Girl P*n*s Matured c...