Fight or Die

By Rangiewins

Wings of Fire story! My name is Moon. I live in a world where everyone is tested. From the age sixteen to eig... More

Please read
Moved
Training
Love
Infinity
Fear
Seperate
Year Two
Tomorrow
Soulmates
Forever
Fight or Die
Siblings
Stupid
My Turn
So Close Yet So Far
Don't Stop Running
Important News
New Start
The Spark
Doubts
Dream
The Hive
Forget
Powers
Sleep Well My Love
Reunited
Traitors
Together For Now
Tragity
Chapter of the Story
Sequel

Vision

187 3 3
By Rangiewins

Two months later

- Moon

Today is our first battle.

Father has been leading us through training for the past two months. So far there has been no sign of any of the kids who are getting killed.

Like Winter or Ostrich. I still felt horrible about Winter.

He is the first Icewing to not make it through training.

"Today is your first battle. Shake off all your nerves too. Being scared won't help you come home safely. And after this battle you will be able to go back to your homes." Morrowseer explained.

I grabbed Qibli's hand. He smiled ruefully at me.

"This board has our battle formation planned out. Examine it carefully. If you don't know it well, you're as good as dead." father said grimly.

He walked away and I went to look at the battle board.

Half of us are going to head straight in for battle, the other half is going to split up and do a second wave of attacking and defense.

I was supposed to be in the defense. Qibli and Kinkajou were on the first wave. The most dangerous position.

Qibli's face drained color and he read his position.

What if I die? I die in battle while Moon stays behind in the dark. Probably what Morrowseer wanted. He isn't very fond me of me. Wants me to disappear so he can have Moon back.

But Deathbringer is on defense with Moon. Atleast she won't be alone if I die. Deathbringer will be there for her.

Qibli's thoughts sent waves of dread into my emotions.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked with me to our camp.

We were silent as we walked.

When we got to our camp I couldn't say anything. But I could still hear Qibli's thoughts. Except he had more of emotions and memories going on then actual words.

I decided to try my new trick. The other day when I found out Deathbringer was my older brother I saw glimpes of horrible stuff. Someone of normal stuff.

The weird part is, I saw things I hadn't seen really until today. Like the battle formation board.

I thought I might be seeing the future. How? I have no idea, but I want to know if Qibli will live.

So I squeeze my eyes shut and think hard.

My eyes are forced open as I see something thats not really there.

People rushing towards other people. Blood and weapons are everywhere.

No clear image of whats happening. And then I see it. A spear going through Qibli's heart. I scream, but it seems distant.

Then I see Qibli standing again, throwing a spear at someone else. I see many different things happen to him.

But the clearest one was this.

He ran through the field of blood quickly. A Skywing swung her sword at him but he ducked. He threw his spear and missed.

And the Skywing took a small sharp dagger and sent it through his stomach twisting it violently.

He fell limp and crawled to a tree. He screamed something but I couldn't hear. The screams that erupted from my mouther were inaudible to me.

But it sent shivers down my spine still.

I reached out as if to grab him. Heal him. But my efforts were pointless.

I could feel Qibli's thoughts trying to override this vision with his own ways of death. But none were as clear and sure as this vision.

I screamed again and again as I watched Qibli slowly and painfully die.

"Let me get to him! Get to him!" I screamed to myself.

And then something else took my vision.

It was Qibli's vision. His imagination. I could still vaguely see the horrid vision from before.

Qibli's vision was me and him together in a field. Laying peacefully on the flowers surrounding us.

We both looked older, more mature. When a little girl and boy came into view. The girl had long blomde hair like Qibli, but stunning green eyes. The boy had short black hair with brown eyes. They were both tan like Qibli.

It was peaceful perfect. The kids were clearly my own and Qibli's. It was something from a dream. The boy sat in my lap and the girl did cartwheels infront of us.

I loved this vision. And then it ended. And I found myself back in the present.

Qibli's most likely future was death. I had to find a way to prevent that.

"Qibli, I love your vision. That image was perfect. But I have to go into the world of screaming. I have to." I told him.

"Why? Why are you tormenting yourself?" he asked quietly. "It's not me. It's the future. I'm seeing glimpses of possible futures! And I need to figure out how to..." I trailed off at the end.

But Qibli's no idiot.

I am going to die. And you want to keep me alive.

I nodded slowly. He put his hand on my face. I looked back at the visions.

It was like a road to me. Each pathway I follow leads to a destination. The pathway directly ahead was clear and detailed.

The pathways far away were faint and spotty. Bug possible.

I watched the faint ones. Today Qibli would go and hide in a tree while shooting arrows and spears. No one would find him. But if he were to breathe to fast, climb the wrong tree, it could all go wrong.

After hours of searching I gave Qibli the game plan.

"Come home to me Qibli. Don't die out there please." I whispered. He smiled.

Qibli filled his head with the image from before, with the field and our kids. "I want this. I will get here." he replied.

I smiled and gave him a small kiss. "I love you." he murmured. "I love you too." I answered.

The faint vision was becoming clearer as Qibli remembered what to do and how to do it.

I found that we would win this battle regardless of Qibli's life or death.

I stood about 100 yards infront of our base. I couldn't physically hear the battle. But mentally it was causing a headache.

I reached out as far as I could for Qibli or Kinakjou or anyone else. I could get glimpses of Kinkajou's thoughts.

But my most reliable source was my newer talent. So I watched the most likely outcome.

With every moment it got clearer and clearer. And at one point it was so clear it felt real. And then it was real. The moment had passed.

And the reality was. Qibli was dead.

I broke out of my vision immediately. My grip on the sword in my hand was tight. I could feel splinters cutting into my palm.

The battle was over. Qibli being their last kill.

The Skywings retreated quickly. Luckily, I didn't see him die. My vision just blacked out. But I did see him laying on the ground next to many other deseased soldiers.

And I was running. Running as fast as humanly possible.

Before long I was in the clearing where they fought. And Qibli's thoughts were silent.

He's dead. Any last hopes of him living were gone.
I would have heard his thoughts.

I ran around the whole clearing trying to find him. But he was somewhere else.

My knees let out and I crumpled to the floor.

I curled into a ball and screamed and cried. The pain that overwhelmed my entire being hurt more than any pain I had ever fathomed.

I clutched my stomach as if to keep it all in. I squeezed my eyes shut and let out an animal sounding wail.

I screamed his name as if he would run out of the woods and hold me.

I looked into the future and saw no Qibli. I could see myself smilinv and laughing, but with no one.

I was alone in the futures I saw of myself.

I was so caught up in grief and visions that I didn't notice someone holding me.

I screamed again. "He's gone!" I screeched.

Every fiber of my being was filled with this horrible electric feeling that made me want to die.

I was laying in a field of dead people. Somewhere jn this field, Qibli layed motionless. His eyes never to calculate everything around him again.

His smile to never grin at me. His lips to never be warm against mine. His thoughts never to utter another word.

A new wave of violent pain took over me.

"Moon! MOON!" someone screamed. But I kept cluthcing my stomach, screaming, wailing, sobbing, etc.

"Kill me." I muttered. "Get rid of this pain!" I screamed. Warm hands shook me violently.

"Moon wake up! Open your eyes! Look at me Moon!" the person screamed.

I continued to sob and scream.

Qibli was dead.

Prince Qibli of the Sandwings, eighteen year old Qibli, my love. Was dead. And I let out the most pain filled scream I could.

I felt hands on my face wiping off my tears.

"Moon, please look at me!" the shouted. So finally I did.

Who was holding Moon? How will she go one without Qibli? Find out in the next chapter! Have a good day. 1548 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 821 31
This is a truth or dare fanfiction that I made. The Jade Winglet is bored and has nothing to do! Kinkajou saves the day with her idea of playing Tru...
75.2K 668 27
⚠ I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS, THEY BELONG TO TUI T. SUTHERLAND!!! ⚠ Another Wings of Fire high school story 😁 This is also being rewritte...
3.3K 5 30
I PROMISE YOU IT WILL GET BETTER AS YOU READ IT!!!!!!!!!!One shots about Jade winglets life!!! There's probably gonna be a lot of Moonbli. Disclaimer...
78.3K 1.5K 37
⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️ The war between the tribes is finally over, and now the dragonets of the prophecy have a plan for lasting peace: Jade Mountain Acad...