Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 6

3.3K 165 20
By terasomdi

It's the first day of the business program being hosted by Mr. Antonio. I don't feel too good. I woke up having a headache probably because of what happened yesterday. After having lunch with Lily, I went straight home. I couldn't go to the office because I was not in a mood to do anything.

Seeing Becky yesterday triggered a lot and even though my family and friends didn't believe me, I have this strong conviction that it was Becky I saw not her lookalike.

I drove to the venue and was about leaving the car when my phone started ringing. Mr. Lee is calling. It must be something important or something about Becky. I pleaded with him yesterday to get Becky's medical folder. I know it's illegal and the hospital can get sued for digging out a patient's file for personal use without their consent. But Mr. Lee can do everything for me as long as I asked for it.

"I am sorry for calling now ma but it's because of the discussion we had last night." He said.

I immediately sat up. I am curious to know what he has to say. Was he able to get the file or it wasn't released to him?

"Thankfully the folder was released." He said.

I heaved a sigh of relief and rested properly on the seat. It's good that the folder was released. I don't know why I am doing this but maybe it will help me move on since I didn't attend her funeral in England because I was having a mental breakdown during those times plus Nop and Irin said they were not invited nor informed. They only know she was moved to England for burial.

"But madam, we have two folders with the same name here." He said bringing my mind back.

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

"There are two folders with the name, Rebecca Patricia Armstrong, here with me..."

"What the hell?" I mumbled.

"The folders were opened the same day.." I can hear him saying.

I checked my time. It is 10 in the morning and the event is kicking off in 30 minutes time.

"I will be there in 5" I said and ended the call immediately.

It's important that I attend the program but Becky is more important. Everything about her is my number one priority. I started the car and drove off at full speed. My mind was occupied that I didn't see a car coming. I nearly ran into the car but I was fast enough to get off their way.

"Sorry" I muttered without stopping.

I can see from the side mirror, just when I was about leaving the gate, that the car stopped. I let out a sigh and sped up again. I am sorry for almost hitting you but I can't stop to apologize right now. I have somewhere I need to be.

I drove straight to the hospital. I got into my room and was about sitting when Mr. Lee walked in. He is having the folders in his hands. He dropped it on my desk and sat down.

I quickly opened the first folder. The one I was aware of. Mr. Armstrong signed on it as soon as he got to the hospital that day. I couldn't sign because I was not a family member. Tears clouded in my eyes when I saw her death certificate attached to the folder.

My mind flashed back to that very day. Becky was in the operation room for over 9 hours. I couldn't keep counts of how many blood bags that was used that day because she was bleeding a lot. Stopping the bleeding wasn't easy and eventually she gave up the ghost.

My tears started dropping on the document. I did my best to hold the tears in but I couldn't. So please don't judge me for letting go of my tears.

"Madam?" Mr. Lee called and I quickly dried my tears.

I opened the other folder and was shocked over what I saw. The information of Becky is completely different from the one on the first folder. The only similarities here are the names and the surgery that took place that day. I became curious to know why.

The folder has many documents in it. And they are daily reports of the wellbeing of the patient but the reports are not stated clearly here. There can only be a daily report if the patient is still alive right?

"Can I meet with the doctors that was in charge of this department?" I asked.

"This happened 4 years ago and most of the doctors were unable to renew their contract with the hospital because the ownership was transferred" he answered

"I need to see at least one of them. I really need to meet with them Mr. Lee" I said almost breaking down in tears.

"There is still one. But he doesn't come here often since he isn't a full time doctor in this hospital" he said

"Call him to come over this minute. I can pay twice for his time" I said.

Mr. Lee bowed and left my hospital to call the doctor. My heart is beating fast. This information gave me a little hope that Becky may still be alive. Why would Mr. Armstrong open another folder for Becky? I was in my thoughts when my phone started ringing. I let out a sigh and answered the phonecall.

"I am sorry I can't make it to the program today. Something came up this morning but I will not miss it tomorrow" I said.

"We are sorry to hear that Miss Sarocha. I hope you get it all sorted out soon."

"Thank you" I said and ended the call.

The call was from the event. they called to confirm whether I am on my way. I let out a sigh and dropped my phone back on the table when a knock was heard. Mr. Lee said the doctor is on his way.

I stayed waiting for him and after about half an hour, he came in. He is sitting next to Mr. Lee. After appreciating his efforts for coming we started.

"Can you recognize her?" I asked after some minutes of talking with him.

"Uhm. I'm not so sure. It's been quite some time now" he said.

I took out my phone and opened a clear picture of Becky that I have in my phone and showed to him. After staring at the picture for a while he...

"I am sorry Madam. It's been years and I have treated many patients after her. I don't really remember what she looks like" he said sadly.

I became sad instantly. I really want to be sure it's Becky that has this second folder before diving into the conclusion that Mr. Armstrong faked her daughter's death.

"One thing I remember during those period was that her mum never left her side for a second throughout her stay here until she was transferred to a hospital in England" The doctor continued.

I opened my eyes in shock. I am more confused right now over everything. Did he say she was transferred to England?

"Her mum?" I asked surprisedly.

"Yeah. She took care of her for the 3 months she was here." He said.

Becky's mum was here? Does she know about the fake death too? I am so convinced the person in the second folder is Becky. So much coincidence, why England of all countries? Why same name? Same day? Same surgery? Why everything?

My tears are falling uncontrollably now. If this is really Becky's report then the dad is so evil. I have always known him to be evil but not as much as faking his daughter's death whereas she was in coma.

The doctor said that the owner of that folder was in coma for 3 months here before she was finally transferred to England. I can't believe Becky was here for three months all these while I thought she died. How could he do this to the people that have done nothing but to love his daughter? How could he do that to Becky? Does he know how devastated we were over that news?

"Are you alright ma?" Mr. Lee asked worriedly.

Unconsciously, I was squeezing the folder as I tried to calm myself but I was so sad and annoyed that I was unable to control myself. I flung away the folders on the table and screamed in pain. I started throwing things off my table furiously as my tears drop.

Mr. Lee ran to me and held me while trying to console me. He doesn't know why I am like this but I am sure he might have figured it has something to do with why I bought this place. I am so in pain. They lied to me! They lied to us! They fooled everyone!!

.....................................................

"You know you don't have to come along if you don't want to" I said to Jane as we walked out of the hotel to the car.

"I hate business meetings but I can't leave you alone for a second not especially in this country." She responded.

"I am fine. I don't know how many times you want me to tell you that"

"Becky you have been zoning out ever since we got out of that hospital. It doesn't look fine to me"

"I told you I was affected..." I was about saying when she cut me off.

"And still affected though. Do we need to see a doctor?" She asked worriedly.

I let out a sigh and got into the car. She said beside me and cupped my cheeks while we journey to the event center.

"I want you to be fine." She said looking at me in the eyes and I nodded while smiling.

Having a vacation with her doesn't seem bad afterall. She's been a sweet soul ever since we left England but why can't I feel something more for her? Why am I not getting butterflies in my tummy? People say that you will always have butterflies when you are close to the person you love. But I am sitting close to Jane and I don't feel anything.

I was in my thoughts when all of a sudden I saw our lives flashed before my eyes. This car in full speed almost scratched into us just now. I panicked so much and held Jane tightly while trying my best to breath.

"That animal" The driver cursed and stopped the car immediately but the car that almost hit us did not stop.

"Hey Becky. Are you okay?" I can hear Jane asking.

I only shook my head because I couldn't speak at the moment. Jane helped me out of the car and made me lean on it. She cupped my cheeks as she tries to help me calm down.

My heart is pounding as if it wants to jump out of me. I am having a panic attack right now and it's not good especially since I have a presentation to make in few minutes time. I am not with my pills so Jane guided me through it until my breathing was back to normal.

"Whoever that was in that car must be a psychopath!" Jane cursed after we got into the elevator.

"That bastard could not even stop to apologize over his or her bad driving! I should have checked the car number" she said furiously.

Jane continued fuming and cursing the driver. She's definitely so mad over that. Well I don't blame her at all for getting that mad. I am mad at whoever it was for not stopping to at least apologize. But I am most thankful that the car didn't hit us and that we are fine. That's more important right now.

We got to the event floor. Jane can't go in because she's not a business owner and she has no presentation to make. I will go into the conference room alone while Jane will sit at the reception to wait for me.

"Call me if anything comes up" she said and kissed me.

I smiled and got into the room. There are about 15 people already waiting in the room when I joined. After some time, the seats were filled leaving only this empty seat directly opposite me. We ought to have started but the organisers are probably waiting for this very person.

I checked my time to see that we have spent over half an hour waiting for this person. After some time, a girl walked in. She whispered something to the organiser and left.

"Uhm, we are sorry for keeping you waiting but we will start the event now." He said with a smile.

The presentation kicked off. It was time for one Miss Freen Sarocha Chankimha to have her presentation but it was skipped. I think the empty seat belongs to her. But where have I heard that name before? It sounds kinda familiar. I didn't bother to think much about it anyways so I waved it off.

Before the dismissal, we were paired in twos. Each pair was given a project/task to accomplish before the end of the one week program. Of course there are rewards for the winners but the main focus is on the other benefits.

"Freen Sarocha Chankimha" I muttered when I saw who I got paired with.

Oh! the absentee. I let out a sigh of frustration and dropped the paper on the desk. Why pair me with someone unserious? Who in their right senses would miss the first day of a program? Because of lack of time, I couldn't present today, so it was postponed until tomorrow. Giving me enough time to prepare so well for it.

To be continued...........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 1.5K 22
A FreenBecky story
7.4K 317 14
This is a story where Freen falls in love with her junior Becky. But things go wrong when Becky refuses her love and they end up separated... let's s...
159K 6K 50
A story of a lady Freen who goes far away from her family after getting betrayed from her old girlfriend and becomes an undercover agent. Freen's par...
47.8K 1.1K 19
Becky: I love you freen plzz I'm not asking much from u just asking to return the love is it why it's so difficult for u plzz just give me the reason...