I Wanna Be.

By TyFlawed

Omani just want wants to be loved in world that tells her women like her don't deserve it. This book have m... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
35

Part 34

715 39 15
By TyFlawed

                             -Mani-

When I opened my eyes, my vision was hazy. To stabilize my vision once again, I had to blink more. My head was pounding, and I was experiencing a headache like never before. I attempted to put my hand on my head to feel around, but I was immobile and my hands were restrained. I gently scanned the space around me to get a sense of my surroundings. I looked around and observed various stuff, including gardening equipment, and I wondered where I was. When I looked down my legs were tied down to a chair. I began to feel panic starting to emerge. I started trying to struggle to get free but fell short. It all came back to me as I reflected on what had transpired before I passed out. B knocked me out. I had no idea why he would do that or what was going through his head, but I was going to do everything in my power to dissuade him from doing whatever it was. No matter what he would say or do to persuade me, I shouldn't have come here and I should have said no. Now I might not ever be able to see my family again. The silver duck tape covering my mouth began to get wet as tears began to fall down my cheeks.

When I heard the door open, I lowered my head. To buy some time, I decided to pretend that I was still unconscious. Mine-nee B called out to me, but I didn't budge. He called out again, "Mine-nee," but I remained still. He was dragging something across the floor. I considered peeking but decided against it. My curiosity was getting the better of me. He seemed to be struggling to pick up something as his groans filled the room. A flood of ice-cold water hit my body, and I started to hyperventilate. It was similar to the ASL challenge that everybody was doing some years back. I was finally able to regulate my breathing and lower my pulse rate. B was in front of me when I looked up. "Wakey, wakey," he said while dragging another chair opposite of mine. He approached me and yanked the tape covering my lips off.

"B, why are you doing this to me," I blurted.

"I no longer need you so your time is up," he replied.

If this is about me breaking up with you I'm sorry. I was paranoid and didn't want Rome to catch us. We are both aware of his terrifying temper. I didn't trust that you could win because you lost against him the last time.

He cocked his hand back and smacked the hell out of me in the face, shouting, "Shut the fuck up." Stop bringing that shit up. That wasn't one of my best moments and it pisses me off when you continue to remind me of that shit.

He wasn't playing with a full deck up there, and I couldn't believe I let myself get duped by this crazy ass nigga. I'm sorry I won't bring it up again I said trying to calm him down. My face was stinging and I didn't want to piss him off and make him slap me again.

I started to try and plead with him once again. B I'm sorry I broke it off with you. Just give me another chance and promise I won't bring up us breaking up ever again. I was lying obviously. He busted out laughing. You, really think I did all this cause you broke up with me? Who the fuck do you think you are? I won't front at first I liked you but this time I was using you to get Rome. I would never go this far because you broke up with me. You got the game fucked up. He was crying laughing  like what I said was the funniest shit he had ever heard. Bitch look at me, why would you ever think I would be that torn up behind you. I mean look at you. Yea, you upgraded your look from when I first met you but I'll never be jocked out behind no bitch. You must have me confused with Rome. The only thing that I didn't calculate is you selling me out to that bitch ass nigga.

I didn't tell Rome anything, B I swear. Only recently did I learn that we were being followed.

You must think I'm stupid enough to believe that, he said. I swear to Go- "Shut the fuck up," he said while slapping me across the face again. You betrayed me bitch. Y'all had that goofy ass nigga Preach following me around and shit. I have been wanting to off that ass kisser and you handed him up to me on a silver platter. I guess I should thank you for that.

You really killed him?

He raised his hand again causing me to wince. I said shut yo ass up he said then he continued. It's his fault that he got caught. It's really funny when I think about it. Everywhere I went, I saw that car, but I never imagined that I was being followed. If I hadn't caught him when I did our whole plan would have been fucked up. Our plan, I thought when he said that.

I heard the door knob turn again and footsteps were descending the stairs. When she reached the bottom, I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. It was Brittany with a fucking smile on her face. My eyes couldn't be deceiving me but she had a baby bump. Was this dumb pregnant for B? I couldn't do shit else but shake my head. She sat down in the chair across from mine. You thought it was over huh, she asked. I was too shocked to say anything. She stood up and struck me in the face. Don't ignore me when I'm talking to you. I felt a wet substance coming from my nose, it was bleeding. She sat back in the chair and said, "Let's try this again now." Did you think after you put me in the hospital it was over? Yeah foolishly, I thought you would regret doing what you did to my son and let go but silly me.

"Is that a hint of sarcasm I hear in your tone," she asked. I was frightened when B approached and backed down. No, I mumbled. "That's what I thought," she said. This bitch was irking me. She needed a man to help her handle me, how lame is that. "It's funny how this plan came into play," she said. My initial strategy was to pay B to get you to leave Rome. I anticipated that your weak ass would hang on his to his every word. Guys haven't even bothered to look your way since high school, so I know it had to play a major part in your low self-esteem. How did it feel to believe that two men were running behind you? Your head was probably in the clouds, I bet. Come back to reality, Omani; you're not that bitch and you never will be. Anyway, things developed and eventually B and I started dating. We have a new plan, get rid of Rome and you, and rebuild my dad's empire. You might be thinking why do I need to kill you in order to do that?

The answer is simple, I don't, but Rome took something dear to me and your dear to him whether he wants to admit it or not, so I'm taking my revenge by killing you.

A beast that I can no longer contain was unleashed in me when I learned from B that Rome killed my brother. So blame all this on Rome. I can promise you he will be following soon after.

My mouth made a faint sound of laughter. I hastened up and pursed my lips to stop myself from laughing out loud at this dumb bitch. B questioned, "What's so funny?"

I mean you should know what's funny right?

He said, "What do you mean by that?"

I mean this dumb bitch sitting here thinking Rome killed her brother. She needed to hear the truth, and I had had it with holding my tongue. I looked back at Brittany and let her have it. Since B killed your brother, I desperately hope and pray that the baby inside of you is not his. B so low down he fucked you knowing he killed him and that's sad I thought he was better than that. Brittany questioned him, "What's she talking about?" He attempted to gaslight the hell out of her by saying, "You gonna listen to this bitch over me." Let me tell you something else, I said. Rome was gonna let your brother go. He was going to let him walk right out the door but B shot him. Stop fucking lying, B yelled and punched me in the face. I had never experienced the kind of pain that was caused by that hit. B wasn't in my line of sight when I looked up. I was now only able to see with one eye. B what the fuck is she talking about, Brittany Yelled. Stop fucking lying, B said with a blow to the pit of my stomach. B kept hitting me, one after the other. My mind was filled with "God, please save me." I started pleading with him, "Please stop, I'm sorry." It fell on deaf ears. He punched me so forcefully that the chair and I both tumbled down. I was so relieved when the chair gave way because it caused him to stop. I begged God to please keep my baby safe and to forgive me for attempting to get rid of it.

Pick her up, B did what Brittany requested. He strained to raise the chair and me both. Weak ass bitch, I thought. B grabbed his gun from out of the back of his jeans. He told Brittany to go ahead and go upstairs while sticking his tongue as deep as her mouth would allow. Brittany please believe me, I said just a little above a whisper. We can end this right now if you believe this bitch over me, he replied. B, I believe you, she said. She took hold of his shirt and pulled him closer before kissing him on the lips. Just hurry up and finish this shit with her.

There was nothing else I could do so I decided to try and plead with B again. I swear I won't talk about what happened; just let me leave; I cried. "Where is big bad Mani at," he said. Bitch say your prayers cause you are about to be put on a shirt. Brittany started to walk up the stairs and I knew the moment she stepped on the other side of that door I was dead. I then did the only thing that was left, which was to scream. I shouted at the top of my lungs, "Help!" Although I was sure no one could hear me, I decided to give it a shot anyway. Bitch can't nobody hear you, B said and pointed the gun to my face. He looked towards the door and I could hear the door knob turning. I closed my eyes and whispered, "It's over." Get ready to get my famous face tattoo, he said. I heard it leaves quite the impression. My past memories played liked a movies in my head, and my biggest regrets were beginning to set in as I heard the sound of the bullet leaving the chamber.

-Rome-

I was exhausted after spending all night playing with Prince. My father-in-law called, and I picked up right away. What's good, I said. Rome I think we found Preach. Return to the scene so you can identify the body. I hung up after saying, "Okay." I fucking knew it. Mani wasn't in her room when I went down to tell her I had to go. Since it was late and I didn't even hear her go, I wondered where the fuck she was at. I texted her phone. Bruh I have some shit to take care of where you at? Lynn asked me to help her with imma be right back she replied. I didn't even reply since she always doing some sneaky shit. After I explained the situation to my mom over the phone, she agreed to watch Prince until Mani came back home. I decided to get dressed while waiting for her to come. When she arrived, she entered. She kept a key to my house in case of an emergency. I gave her a cheek kiss and said thank you momma Mani should be back soon. He just fell asleep and is in my room upstairs. I sped walked out of the house and got into my car. The drive there was long and depressing. Preach dying was my fault and imma have to live that shit. B was a bitch ass nigga for that. We both watched Preach grow from a youngin to who he is today.

I began to think back to the day we met him for the first time. It was the start of the new school year. I was taught that if you took care of the hood they would take care of you. Therefore, we held a back-to-school giveaway for the kids at the start of each school year. We gave out the basic necessities, you know. Pencils, pens, tablets, and book sacks. Damn near anything you could think of.

My mother yelled out to me, Rome take B and go grab the next set of items. I smacked my teeth in response. For that, they could have hired movers, but my mother was adamant about putting us to work. When I walked out the door the sound of laughter caught my attention. I turned to look and saw a group of children gathered in a circle. I'm naturally nosy so I walked in the direction just to see what all commotion was about. I squeezed through the crowd and saw Lil preach. He was bleeding heavily from his face and was stretched out on the ground. My blood instantly boiled. I yelled, "Back the fuck up!" and all they bad asses started to scatter like roaches. I reached out to him to help him up but he slapped my hand away, which was understandable to me but B not so much. B grabbed him up off the ground aggressively and they began going back and forth. I was able to get a good look at him. He was dressed in tattered clothing. He was wearing a pair of bent-up, all-white G-Nikes that were dirty as fuck. His bush was outgrown and unkempt. All he needed was a pick and a lineup and he would been straight. B make sure he stays right there. I walked to our truck and grabbed one of the book sacks filled with shit. I took a pen and paper from the bag and put my name and phone number on one of the tablets. I lightly jogged back over to them and pushed the book sacks to his chest. If you tired of living like this hit me up, I said then me and B walked away. Let's just say it took him a minute to call but eventually he did. I introduced him to my dad and that was all she wrote.

I realized I was closer than I had anticipated when I saw all the flashing lights. Police vehicles and forensics were present as I pulled up. Just as they were about to finish, I jumped out of the car. He was in a body bag as they carried him on a stretcher out of the woods. My father-in-law told the officer rolling it to stop right there. Just enough of the bodybag's zipper was undone to see his face. I felt nauseous at the sight of him. Even though his body was completely charred, I was still able to identify him. He was shot between both of his eyes and I realized what I had already believed. B was the one who had killed him.

"Fuck, I can't believe this shit," Dre said. I didn't even see him approach us. Mani's father rezipped the bag and informed us that they needed to transport Preach to the coroner's office so they could do the autopsy. While we were discussing preach Dre's phone rang. He said, "Hello. After a little period of silence, he said, "Bae." Go back to bed; imma tell you what's going on when I get there. I was confused as fuck. I questioned him whether that was Lynn after he had hung up. Yep, she got up and realized I was gone, so she called to see where I was. Wait so Mani is not over there, I asked. When I said that I had Mani's dad's full attention. No, she wasn't there; Lynn was asleep when I left. My heart almost stopped. Mani didn't pick up the phone when I called her. Maybe she's at home sleep that's what I wanted to believe. I called my mom's phone and waited for her to answer. I asked her whether Mani had returned when she eventually picked up the phone, but she responded no. "I think something happened to Mani," I said. You could see the horror on her father's face as he turned to face me. What do you mean Dre asked me. I talked to her earlier and she said she was going by Lynn but now she not picking up her phone. "Why do you think something happened to her though," Dre asked. It's just my gut feeling, I don't know.

I said, "I have to go," and I started to walk away. Where are you going, my in-law said as he grabbed my arm. I intend to track down my wife. Where do you think she can be, he asked. I don't know but the first place imma look is at B's place. I'm going to check his place first because it's only ten minutes away. "Imma follow behind you," Dre said. I refuse to let that lame ass nigga catch you slippin'. I'm coming to my father-in-law said while gesturing for one of the detectives to come his way. You need to handle this shit with preach, I got it, I said and proceeded to walk to the car.

You got it, He said stopping me in my tracks. My daughter is in the middle of this shit because of you. We were now standing face to face after I turned around and moved closer to him. Your daughter has been running round the city with this nigga having a having the time of her life. I warned her about him but she still took it upon herself to see him behind my back. So no she got herself in this shit.

If you had attempted to work it out with her, she wouldn't have had to do that, he spat.

Work it out I replied with my fist balled up. You come into my life and ruin it and I was supposed to try to make it work. So I was supposed to stop fucking with who I was to give a complete stranger a chance, fuck no.

Chill out Dre interrupted but it fell on empty ears and Mani's dad continued. You couldn't try to make it work with a stranger but you could fuck a stranger raw and get them pregnant. You seem to be a little bit ass-backward. Dre chimed in again. The longer y'all fuss bout this shit time is steadily ticking for Mani IF and that's a big if something happened to her. I agreed with Dre. Look your office is the best place for you. You can put an APB out on Brandon and file a missing person report for Mani. I'll provide you with some of the locations where they were seen together so send some officers to check those out. I swear I'll do all everything in my power to find her I put my life on that shit. We stood there staring for only a minute before he turned around and walked off in complete silence. I guess that was his way of saying he agreed.

I continued calling my Mani's phone as I was driving to the B's. I called that phone 20 times in 10 minutes and there still wasn't no answer. She would answer the phone when I called, even though I knew we weren't on good terms. I didn't even give a damn if she was with him; all I wanted to know was that she was safe. When I arrived at his place, I masked up and got out of the car. There weren't any cars in the driveway so I figured that nobody was home. Dre got out of his car and quickly followed behind me. I walked up to the front and then pulled my gun out so I could shoot the door knob. Dre touched my arm and motioned for me to move to the side before I fired. He wrapped his hand around the doorknob and twisted it. I was shocked at the fact that it was open. We walk in guns drawn. The living room was completely empty. It was as if no one lived here at all. Each room was unoccupied when we checked them one at a time. I was aware that B knew I knew everything there was to know about this place, but I didn't anticipate that he would pack up everything and get the fuck. It just shows me how much fear I instill in him. When Dre returned from checking the rooms upstairs, he said, "Bruh, this bitch is like a ghost town or some shit."

I gave it a lot of thought, but I couldn't think of anything until she came to mind. Brittany exiting B's home was the final image Preach was able to get. Something had to be going on between them for him to kill preach to hide that. I've got a spot we can try, so just follow me, I replied as I left the home with Dre close after. The two of us hopped into our cars and drove to the next place. It would take at least an hour and thirty minutes to get there. I could only hope and pray that she was still alright. B not knowing that I know about him and Brittany could work in my favor, and I hoped it would.

I was sitting at the red light, thinking about Mani. I know exactly what went wrong, but I don't understand why we couldn't get back on track. Even when I tried to move forward with her we would just end up not seeing eye to eye. I was becoming impatient since the red light was taking so long. Fuck it, I thought and peeled off with Dre behind me. I could hear the honking of the disgruntled people in their cars who had the right away but I didn't care. It was a life and death situation so fuck all of them.

On the way to Brittany's place, I ran every red light I came across, I had to. Time was ticking, and I wouldn't feel right if something happened to Mani and I didn't do my best. We finally made it to Brittany Place. Her cars were in the parking lot, giving me a breath of fresh air. This time, as I approached her door, I attempted to turn the handle. I was unfortunate; it was locked. I tried shoving my shoulder against the door to bust it down, but that shit didn't work. I backed up and yelled, "Man, fuck this shit," while pulling my gun from the holster. I fired a few bullets from the chamber, blasting the doorknob off. When I entered, there was no indication of life. Both Dre and I examined all of the rooms again, and there was no sign of Brittany, B, or Mani. In a fit of rage, I started breaking shit up. Anything that came in my sight was bound to not make it. I was in a total state of panic. Dre screamed out to me, "Bruh, chill out," but it went unheard.

I had no clue as to where else I should look. I was defeated. All I could think about was this petty ass back and forth shit we were doing. When I could have just told her exactly how I felt. I loved her. You "love' her Dre said catching me off guard I hadn't noticed that I was speaking out loud. Nah fuck that, we ain't finna give up he reiterated. His remarks gave me zero optimism since all I could think of was how Imma was going to tell her father that I couldn't find her. The ringing from my phone made me perk up. I reached to take it out of my pocket and thought, It had to be Mani, please let it be Mani. It felt like I was moving in slow motion when I was bringing the phone up to my face. I was immediately disappointed when I saw my father-in-law's name shown on the caller ID screen in bold white text, despite my hopes and prayers. My head dropped in defeat.

"Hello," I answered. He could probably hear the defeat in my voice. He said, "Tell me you have good news." No, I don't. I tried to say but the words were stuck in my throat. I had never felt more useless than I did at this point in my life. Imma keeps it real with you, I don't know what else to do or where else to look. I was physically aching to collapse; I was exhausted. For the first time in a long time, I have never felt so hopeless in my life. What the fuck Rome, u listening. My father-in-law shouted bringing me back down to earth. Listen Rome, we checked every place you gave us, but we were unable to find anything. Consequently, I went through Dro's files and there was a house we seized. My father-in-law brought back old memories. There was a house that we used to visit when we were young that I forgot all about. I cut my in-law off mid-conversation and said say less I'm headed there now.

The thirty-minute drive out of the city felt longer. As I pulled up, I noticed B's car. This was where she had to be. I exited the car and walked in Dre's direction. "I don't think we should shoot the door down this time," I said. "Yea, you're right," he said and jogged back to his car. He reappeared carrying his little lock-picking box made of black leather. Dre began to pick the lock, and the door opened with ease. We walked in and once again no one was in sight. We made sure to investigate every room, and it was evident that they were here. We had to miss them because we took so long. It's over was all I thought. I finally accepted that the next time I probably see Mani she would be in a bodybag with a bullet hole right between her eyes. I dropped my head in defeat. Dre awkwardly patted my back. He had never seen me like this before and you could tell that even he didn't know how to react to it. He said, "Let's keep searching; we're not giving up now." I could only respond, "It's all over."

I heard something as we started to leave the house. "Shhh you heard that," I asked. Nah he said. I must be trppin. I walked back in just in case and we stood in silence then I heard it again but this time it sounded like a scream. When we both headed in that direction, we ended up in the kitchen. The shouts were even more audible once inside. We could hear, help. I was scanning the kitchen when I noticed a door. When I first examined the kitchen, I just assumed the door led to the pantry. I leaned in to see what I could hear and I heard B talking.

The first thing that comes to mind is, "Imma kill him." I took my gun from its holster and prepared to open the door by wrapping my hand around the handle. Dre has his shit already drawn and pointing to the door as well. As I was getting ready to turn the knob it began to turn on its own. Given that Dre would be visible once the door opened, I gestured with my hand for him to come beside me. When it came open this dumb bitch Brittany came walking out. Dre covered her mouth with his hand and grabbed her. He put his gun deep in her temple and whispered, bitch I dare you to make a sound. Imma blow yo shit all over this kitchen floor. Fuck around and try me. She didn't budge and it was now time for me to make a move. I descended the steps as carefully as I could I was trying my hardest not to make any sound. I was halfway down the stairs and he was finally in my sights. Well, his back was. Although I was unable to obtain a clear view of the person seated in the chair, I was certain that it was Mani. He pointed his gun between her eyes and said say night night bitch, and before the bullet could even leave his chamber I shot him once in the back.

Ahh Fuck, he screamed and turned around, but by then I had already jumped down the remaining stairs. When he saw me, you'd think he saw a ghost. I grabbed the body of my gun and began pistol-whipping the fuck out of him. Just seeing a glimpse of Mani's face made me turn red. I had fully lost it and forgot to help her. After what felt like an eternity, two officers pulled me off him and pinned me to the wall. Mani's father descended the stairs, the paramedics following behind him. "Let me go!" I yelled. Let him go, my in-law said, and they did as they were ordered. I dashed in Mani's direction and began cleaning as much blood from her face as I could. She was soaked, cold, and unconscious. It took a lot of us to get her on the stretcher and carry her body up the stairs. Once we reached the top, the paramedics released the wheels and were able to wheel her out. While heading out, I noticed Brittany's dumb ass sitting on the floor in handcuffs. I hulked up as much spit as I could and spat in that bitch face. I didn't realize at first, but her dumb ass appeared to be pregnant.

While we were outside assisting the paramedics in loading her into the ambulance, she slightly moved her hand. She couldn't even open her eyes as they both were swollen shut. I grabbed her hand, leaned in, and said I'm here now, you good. Tears were streaming down her face and I wiped them away as softly as I could, I didn't want to hurt her. The last thing she could utter before blacking out again was, "Rome, I'm sorry." I leaned down and kissed her cheek. I was prepared to spend the rest of my life showing her that I was sorry too.

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 2.6K 37
hurt people hurt people...
825K 29K 60
๐‘ด๐’“. ๐‘ญ๐’‚๐’Ž๐’๐’–๐’” ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ -๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™˜๐™  ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™ฎ๐™˜๐™ก๐™š, ๐™„ ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™—๐™ž๐™—๐™ก๐™š. ๐‘น...
47.9K 2.1K 37
Sequel to Bi-polar Love โค๏ธ
164K 7.3K 37
"No one wants a fat girl." "No one will ever love you." "You'll go through hell your whole life if you don't lose weight!" "You'd be so much prettie...