Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 3

3.4K 168 20
By terasomdi

N/B - The story started 4 years after the accident. While Becky lost her memories from 18 years ago. She only has her childhood memories.

I hope this helps with the confusion..

....................................

"Are you sure about this?" I asked as we get our things ready for the trip to Thailand.

"Of course Becky. I also want to explore the city of Bangkok" Jane said smiling.

We have spent some days here in Beijing already and the city is really nice. We will be leaving to Thailand the next day for the presentation which will be holding in three days time. If Jane thinks going to Thailand is good, then let's do it. We didn't tell my dad or Richie because they will never agree to it.

It's just for a week, then we can come back to China and continue our vacation here. Maybe I will use the opportunity to visit our old mansion. I am curious to know the new owners of the house now.

The next day we boarded our flight to Thailand. We arrived at Bangkok in the evening and were welcomed by a terrific traffic. The driver said there is always a traffic on this road every evening. I don't remember a thing about this city anymore. It looks so strange to me having that 18 years of my life here was completely erased from my mind.

"Maybe this country doesn't want us here" Jane said making a joke.

Well, I am beginning to think the same. How can we be welcomed with this? I so much hate traffic. I rather abandon my car and come back for it later than stay a second in traffic.

"We have spent over an hour here. Perhaps it's a sign of something not so pleasant" Jane added and the driver started laughing.

"You are funny ma'am. But be rest assured that it's nothing to be afraid of. The traffic here is always unbeatable every evening especially on week days." the driver said.

"Bangkok is a great city. You will like it here and I'm sure you will get the answer you seek here" he added.

Jane and I looked at each other in surprise. we will get the answer we seek? Why did he say that? Is he talking about my relationship with Jane? I mean, since the main reason we went on a vacation is to build our bond. Or is he talking about the business? Since I am here to convince Mr. Antonio to invest in our business.

Jane interlocked our fingers and smiled at me. Maybe he meant my relationship with Jane. I also wish for it to happen. If I must get married to her, I should at least have some feelings for her. Right?

I smiled back at her and looked out of the window. I saw a restaurant that looked quite familiar. If it is familiar, that means I have been to this place but I don't remember at all how or when I was here. I wind down the window glass to take a very good look at the place. 

"Do you know this place?" Jane asked.

She probably asked because of how much this building caught my attention.

"Not sure" I answered while still looking at the restaurant.

"We can have our vacation here if you want" she said and I quickly turned to her in surprise over why she said that.

"I'm sure you are curious about this place. Maybe if we stay longer, it will help with your memory..." She continued.

"My dad would kill me if he finds out we are here". I cut her off.

Silence

"So before he does, let's hurry back to China as soon as we are done with the program" I continued.

She smiled and nodded. I looked out of the window again and was about to wind up when my eyes landed on someone. A lady in her early 30s. She's in a car next to ours and it looks like she's on phone with someone. I spent about a minute looking at her as she talks on phone.

She's beautiful. I must admit, Thailand has graced my eyes with lots of beautiful women since I got here starting from the airport and now this one. Gosh! I completely forgot I have a fiancee sitting next to me. I wind up immediately and turned to Jane.

She's admiring the city from the other window. I heaved a sigh of relief on realizing that she has no idea of what just happened. If she had noticed, she would nag the life out of me for looking at other woman like that. I looked back at the lady without opening the window this time. She is looking at us trying to figure out who is inside the car. She has a confused or will I say shocked look on her face as she looks at us. I know she can't see me because the glass is tinted but I can see her clearly and I wonder why she is like this.

In a minute, the driver sped up. We have passed the traffic and we are now heading to the hotel. I was looking out of the window the whole time admiring the city. It looks quite peaceful making me wonder if I ever enjoyed staying in Bangkok.

The people here are nice as well, they are gentle and friendly especially to foreigners like us. Because of how good the driver is, we hired him to be driver all through our stay here. He will be picking us up tomorrow to explore the city of Bangkok. After tomorrow, I will get busy with what brought us here.

..........................................

I just finished from work so I stormed out of my office to my car. I got into the backseat and Mr. Po, my personal driver drove off. He always drives me home whenever I am too tired to drive by myself. On our way home we got stuck in traffic. I should be used to this situation but I am not. Most times, we avoid this road by taking the other route but the other road was blocked so we had no choice but to use this one.

I looked out of the window when we got to the restaurant I used to come with Becky. She loved the dishes here so much. Why does everything remind me of her? How do I move on when every corner of this city reminds me of her? My mind flashed back to the last time we came here together.

That must be the craziest thing I have ever done with Becky. In the middle of our lunch, she excused herself to the bathroom. After few minutes I got a notification in my phone. It was a message from Becky, I quickly opened it while wondering why she had to send a message to me from the bathroom.

I blinked twice to be sure of what I just saw and read. I got up from my seat and walked to the bathroom immediately.

"And she's finally here" Becky said as she walks to me.

"Was that photo really necessary?" I asked.

"You're my girlfriend, I will do whatever I want with you" she said while smiling naughtily.

"I agree but how can you want it here...?"

Before I could finish, she closed the gap between us. She's kissing me while unzipping her short. Becky wants us to make love in this place. I have never seen someone as crazy as her.

"You have no idea how deeply I was looking at you when you were eating. The way you roll your tongue. My God baby. I want your tongue in me" she said in between our kisses.

I smiled and pushed her gently until we got into one of the cubicles and locked the door. I made love with Becky in that bathroom and it felt good. We ended up always laughing about it each time one of us brings up.

...... END OF FLASHBACKS....

My chest started tightening as the memories were kicking in. I quickly opened the car window to get some fresh air when my phone started ringing. That's Liliana calling. I answered the call.

"Someone has been so busy lately" Lily said over the phone.

"Hey Lily. How have you been?"

"Great. It's been a while"

"Yeah! When did you come back?" I asked.

"Yesterday" she answered.

Lily and I are close. Close enough that my friends and family ship us. I know my family want us together. My dad has said countless times to my hearing that Lily would make a great partner. But I don't think of her that way. She's young and probably same age or few years older than Becky. I like her but not in that way.

Lily confessed her feelings for me a year ago, I rejected her outrightly but she didn't give up. Just few months ago, she confessed again. This time, I didn't give any response. My family and friends are pushing me to give her a chance. She knows I am still affected by Becky's death but she is ready to stay with me until I can finally love her back.

I met Lily on the day of my dad's judgment. The day Becky sacrificed so much for me. Having anything with her feels like betraying Becky. How can I replace her so easily after all she did for me? Maybe I am destined to be single for the rest of my life.

"Can we see tomorrow? It's been a while I saw you Freen and I have missed you so much" Lily said bringing my mind back.

"I am sorry Lily but it's going to be a busy day for me tomorrow...."

"Oh!" She exclaimed.

The hospital called me. It is the hospital that Becky was brought to when the accident happened. I own it now. If I can't become a doctor, I can at least own a hospital. The hospital is one of the best hospitals in Thailand and top 10 in Asia.

The management called in the afternoon to ask if I can come to the hospital tomorrow. They didn't tell me the whole details but it has to do with the hospital supplies. Well, I agreed to visit even though I have a very tight schedule this period. And one of it is the presentation program with Mr. Antonio starts in two days time and it will last for a week. I will never miss it for anything especially since I am their new business partner.

"Let's at least have lunch together" she said breaking the silence.

"Lunch sounds great..."

"Nice! So I'll pick you up? Or..."  She asked stuttering

"Yes come pick me up. At the hospital..."

"Hospital?" She cut me off.

"I will be visiting the hospital tomorrow."

"Oh!" She exclaimed

Silence

"Is there any problem?" She asked worriedly.

"I don't think there is but I can only find out when I get there" I said.

"Alright. I will see you tomorrow then" she said and ended the call.

I looked out of the window again, my heart skipped beats when I saw someone that looks exactly like Becky in a car next to mine. I didn't get to see her so well because the window glass started closing.

"Becky" I muttered.

My eyes are deceiving me again. I know it's not Becky. She just happens to look like her. This happens all the time. I see Becky everywhere. At first, I use to run to them and hug them, then realize at the end that they are not Becky.

It really feels good to think I just saw her. I kept looking at the car. I can't see her anymore because the glass is tinted but I was hoping that she opens the car window again. After some minutes, the car sped up and just then, I realized that we have passed the traffic.

Reality started hitting me immediately. Becky is gone. When will I ever get to accept that and move on? Why do I still hope and pray that she comes back to me?

"The dead are gone Freen. She's never coming back" my mind keeps saying.

I am so sad and heartbroken over the thought of that. I just realize that I am not getting better. If I can still see Becky like this so randomly after all these years, it means I am not getting better. Tears started clouding in my eyes. I got out of the car as soon as we got home.

"Are you okay ma'am" I can hear my driver asking.

I ignored him and got inside the elevator. I am not okay and I don't want anyone to ask me that.

To be continued...............

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 7.4K 44
Becky who hates Freen a lot is falling for her slowly after their marriage. Let's see how Becky treats Freen and why is that Becky hates her so much?
322K 9.6K 31
Freen and Becky have been best friends since high school and went to the same university. They were very close to each other to the point where peopl...
45.3K 2.1K 35
Freen and Becky have a encounter during a party attended with their husbands. Both are married and have a sad marriage but as they see each other thi...
141K 6.3K 53
Becky, a quick-witted and resourceful young woman, hatches a clever plan to save her cousin Irin from a dreaded arranged marriage. Irin, the shy and...