Danganronpa: Goodbye Despair

By fastreddragon

(First Entry in the Danganronpa Trilogy) Wanting to attend the prestigious Hope's Peak Academy, sixteen stude... More

Chapter 1: EARLY EXCURSION
Chapter 2: INTRODUCTIONS
Chapter 3: KILLING SCHOOL TRIP
Chapter 4: DETERMINATION
Chapter 5: FREE TIME
Chapter 6: STOLEN MEMORIES
Chapter 7: CLEANING DUTY
Chapter 8: PARTY FOUL
Chapter 9: STAY VIGILANT
Chapter 10: NEVER FAULTER
Chapter 11: MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT
Chapter 12: CUT TO THE CHASE
Chapter 13: OBJECTION
Chapter 14: NAIL IN THE COFFIN
Chapter 15: DEEP FRIED
Chapter 16: WORLD ENDER
Chapter 17: GOOD COMPANY
Chapter 18: MISSING LINK
Chapter 19: TEMPTATION
Chapter 20: CONSERVE YOUR ENERGY
Chapter 21: WALLOW IN SENTIMENT
Chapter 22: DOWN FIVE
Chapter 23: ALL RISE
Chapter 24: DANCER IN DISTRESS
Chapter 25: SPARKLING JUSTICE
Chapter 26: MERCILESS SWORD
Chapter 27: ONE WOMAN ARMY
Chapter 28: EXPANSION
Chapter 29: CHASING THE HORIZON
Chapter 30: VALUE OF ART
Chapter 31: REDEMPTION
Chapter 32: NOTHING MATTERS
Chapter 33: SOCIAL DISTANCING
Chapter 34: DEADLOCK
Chapter 35: MOMENT OF SILENCE
Chapter 36: DOUBLE TROUBLE
Chapter 37: IMITATION
Chapter 38: ORDER IN THE COURT
Chapter 39: COMMON SENSE
Chapter 40: BELIEF & DOUBT
Chapter 41: BYE BYE OUCHIES
Chapter 42: THRILL RIDE
Chapter 43: ESCAPE GAME
Chapter 44: NO FOOD ALLOWED
Chapter 45: RESPECT
Chapter 46: DESCENT INTO MADNESS
Chapter 47: LOST IN THOUGHT
Chapter 48: FINAL DEAD ROOM
Chapter 49: ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT
Chapter 50: SECRET OF THE FUNHOUSE
Chapter 51: ULTIMATE WEAPON
Chapter 52: BELL OF CATASTROPHE
Chapter 53: EMISSARY OF EVIL
Chapter 54: STAMPEDE
Chapter 55: HOPELESS ANXIETY
Chapter 56: CULTURE SHOCK
Chapter 57: DRASTIC MEASURES
Chapter 58: POWERLESS
Chapter 59: UNDER PRESSURE
Chapter 60: ABNORMAL
Chapter 61: REVELATION
Chapter 62: PLEAD THE FIFTH
Chapter 63: MALICE
Chapter 64: RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
Chapter 65: BLIND FAITH
Chapter 66: PLEASE INSERT COIN
Chapter 67: LOVED BY TALENT
Chapter 68: BACK TO BASICS
Chapter 69: REMNANTS OF DESPAIR
Chapter 70: NEO WORLD PROGRAM
Chapter 71: EMPTY HUSKS
Chapter 73: SHUTDOWN SEQUENCE
Chapter 74: BROKEN SPIRIT
Chapter 75: CREATE THE FUTURE (END)

Chapter 72: DEVOID OF HUMANITY

8 2 0
By fastreddragon

Graduation Exam (Part Two)

Makoto: "That's right. Not only are you guys the survivors of Hope's Peak Academy..."

Monokuma: "You're also survivors of Ultimate Despair!"

Hajime: "We're all... Ultimate Despair?"

Kazuichi: "D-Don't be stupid!"

Makoto: "In the beginning, we took in fifteen of you as survivors of Hope's Peak Academy. But upon further investigation, we discovered an unbelievable truth... the fifteen people we acquired were actually the horrifying Remnants of Despair."

Hajime: "T-That was... us?"

Sonia: "What is this... Ultimate Despair?"

Fuyuhiko: "I remember hearing that they're dangerous guys who were responsible for terrorism, coup d'états, and wars..."

Makoto: "Yes... they're responsible for the Tragedy and brought chaos into the world. Despair in human form, but utterly devoid of humanity... that's what you guys really are. The Ultimate Despairs don't care about principles or morals. They just spread despair everywhere they go. They live solely to torment everything... to burn everything... to kill everything."

Fuyuhiko: "We're... part of a dangerous group like that?"

Akane: "T-That's gotta be a lie!"

Hajime: "That's right... there's no way... there's no way we're all Ultimate Despair." Everyone had the same expression on their faces, they showed signs of confusion mixed with fear.

Makoto: "Nagito probably did what he did because he managed to learn the unbelievable truth."

Hajime: "N-Nagito!? Why are you bringing him up all of a sudden?"

Monokuma: "He's the only one who knew this truth before you guys. It was a special prize for clearing the Final Dead Room."

Hajime: "Was it that file that contained all our student profiles? But inside... there wasn't anything referring to what you're talking about right now."

Makoto: "No, it used to have profiles from after you entered the school, but Nagito destroyed them before you saw it."

Hajime: "W-Why? Why do you know something like that?"

Makoto: "Anyway... it's the absolute truth that the file had profiles about you guys after you entered the school. And after Nagito obtained the file and learned the truth, what did he try to do to you guys?"

Hajime: "He tried... to kill everyone except for the traitor."

Makoto: "That's right... after seeing the file, he learned that everyone, including him, was Ultimate Despair. And he tried to kill everyone except the traitor."

Sonia: "Did Nagito try to kill us... because we were Ultimate Despair?"

Makoto: "Yes, because of his love for hope and his hatred towards despair... I sort of... understand that feeling."

Fuyuhiko: "Don't mess with us... why do we have to be treated like the bad guys!?"

Hajime: "T-There must be some kind of mistake! There's no way we're Ultimate Despair."

Kazuichi: "I-I don't need a twist like that!"

Makoto: "It might seem unbelievable because you guys only have memories from before you entered the school, but it all happened at Hope's Peak Academy! You were tainted by Ultimate Despair because at Hope's Peak Academy, you were in contact with 'her'!"

Akane: "Her?"

Makoto: "The true Ultimate Despair... Junko Enoshima. She strongly influenced you all during your time at the school, and that's why you became Ultimate Despair. In order to remove that influence, you've been placed into the Hope Restoration Program."

Sonia: "Is that... why you took away our school memories?"

Makoto: "The reason you're able to act like your normal selves is because you're within the Neo World Program, but your true bodies in the real world are different. In the real world, you're part of a group that cruelly destroyed your family, friends, and even your own body!"

Kazuichi: "Family, friends, and our own bodies... aren't you exaggerating a bit?"

Hajime: "H-He's right! There's no way we'd do something like that!"

Makoto: "Don't turn away from the truth!"

Hajime: 'Tch!' Everything that Makoto was saying just kept getting more and more confusing, Hajime couldn't, or didn't want to, believe any of it. But then, for only a short moment, maybe two seconds... an image appeared in his head.

Hajime: 'Ugh! W-What was that just now? A memory? But... that person... was Nagito, right?'

Makoto: "...It appears you've remembered a little."

Hajime: 'Huh?'

Makoto: "Now, face what you've done! And from there, you will finally take your first steps on the path to hope!"

Monokuma: "Puhuhuhu..."

Kazuichi: "T-There's obviously some kind of mistake, there's no way we're Ultimate Despair!"

Makoto: "Because you're all Ultimate Despair... you killed your friends and family... and you even destroyed your own bodies!"

Hajime: "I-If that memory I felt was actually a memory from the real world... what Nagito did was... h-he cut off his own arm... and transplanted a woman's arm?"

Makoto: "Not just any woman's arm... it was the late Junko Enoshima's arm."

Fuyuhiko: "W-What did you say!?"

Makoto: "He probably thought that by becoming one with Junko Enoshima, he could make her survive within him."

Akane: "I-I don't get this at all!"

Makoto: "The Ultimate Despairs defy understanding. They have no problem severing their own limbs."

Sonia: "I-I am terribly sorry... I do not feel so well... where is the bathroom?" It's understandable for her to feel sick after hearing all that, her stomach refuses to cooperate and wants to upchuck everything within it.

Monokuma: "It's just a game anyway... so why don't you just let it out? I'm pretty sure a select few would demand that."

Makoto: "It's too soon to feel sick. That's not even the worst thing the Ultimate Despairs have done. Some wasted away to stick and bones through continuous fasting in order to reach the despair of starvation. Others gave their own families to Junko just to perform killing experiments on them. Not just that... after Junko's death, they slaughtered countless people by forcing them to commit suicide. One person even implanted one of Junko's eyes into their own socket. Perhaps they wanted to see her despair? And not just that, some even tried to have children with Junko's dead body."

Hajime: "J-JUST STOP!!!"

Fuyuhiko: "T-That's just a bullshit story! That's obviously bullshit!"

Makoto: "So you feel despair towards yourselves in the real world... I understand that feeling. But there's no need to worry! If you just advance towards the hope I provide, you'll definitely be saved!"

Akane: "Save? You'll save us?"

Makoto: "Of course... after all, that's my purpose. That's why the Neo World Program was created too."

Kazuichi: "You put us inside this program... so that you can save us?"

Makoto: "Essentially, your cohabitation inside the Neo World Program was just a simulation. If we removed the memories of your time at Hope's Peak Academy, would it also remove your Ultimate Despair?"

Fuyuhiko: "So you're saying this was like a test?"

Makoto: "I guess I can say that the test was a success. Even though it deviated greatly from the original plan of graduating after gathering the Hope Fragments. Nevertheless, you guys were able to overcome your unexpected trials and make your way here. That's why... all you need to do is choose 'Graduate'."

Kazuichi: "I-If we do that... we can get outta here!?"

Monokuma: "However, if you do, your school memories will never return."

Hajime: 'Huh?'

Makoto: "If you choose to graduate, and the observer determines that there are no problems... you will complete the Hope Restoration Program, and your avatar will be uploaded into your real body."

Sonia: "U-Uploaded?" It means, by uploading their avatar's memories into their bodies, they're also forcibly erasing their past selves. That's why it's called the Hope Restoration Program.

Hajime: 'So that... is the Neo World Program.'

Fuyuhiko: "H-Hey... what happens to the people whose avatars died?"

Makoto: "If an avatar that needs to be uploaded has been deleted, there's nothing we can do..."

Akane: "S-So you're saying they'll never wake up!"

Fuyuhiko: "God dammit! GOD DAMN FUCKING SHIT!!!"

Monokuma: "Ahem! Please pay attention for a quick rundown of your options! If you choose 'Graduate', it'll transfer your in-game memories, but your school memories will be gone forever. Unfortunately, the people who have already died will not be able to wake up."

Sonia: "Just a thought... what will happen if we do not choose to graduate?"

Makoto: "You'll just have to continue living your tropical life."

Akane: "Hey... why you gotta ask something like that?"

Sonia: "W-Well... even if we wake up in the real world, we are all rather messed up, right? If that is the case... then maybe staying on this island is-"

Akane: "W-What are you saying!? Haven't we been working this hard just to escape from here!?"

Monokuma: "You don't have to force yourself to return to a painful reality. Let's just play this game forever and ever."

Kazuichi: "D-Don't be ridiculous! If I stay in this screwed up world any longer, I'm seriously gonna snap!"

Fuyuhiko: "But still... is it really okay to sacrifice the others just to save ourselves?"

Akane: "You're asking that 'now'!? If we don't get outta here now, then what was everything we've done up until now even for!?"

Hajime: 'She's right... we've been trying desperately to survive until we can finally leave this place. If we don't get out of here now, all the deaths we've endured will be in vain. I... know this... but...'

Monokuma: "Puhuhuhu..."

Hajime: '...Something's not right. How come Monokuma isn't trying to stop us? Is he just going to stay quiet and overlook us getting out of this game world? Then... everything Monokuma did would be pointless too. Not only that... but is it really okay for us to believe Makoto?' He was conflicted, but this strange feeling, like he was about to make a huge mistake, stopped him from pressing anything. "Wait... can we have some time to decide?"

Akane: "Did you get scared like Sonia!?"

Hajime: "No, it's not that... don't you think this is a little strange?"

Makoto: "Strange? You still don't understand? Normally, Ultimate Despairs like you guys would just be abandoned... but I'm telling you I'm here to help! You should be thankful for how open-minded the Future Foundation is!"

Sonia: "M-Makoto? What has happened to you?"

Makoto: "Just listen to the Future Foundation! The Future Foundation... is the world's hope, you know!?"

Hajime: "I knew it... just as I thought... there's something wrong with you!"

Makoto: "I said I'm going to save you guys, why aren't you listening to me!?"

Kazuichi: "L-Let's do what he says and get out of here. I mean, the Future Foundation's the good guys, right?"

Sonia: "And apparently, we are actually the bad guys."

Fuyuhiko: "It's fine to trust him, right?"

Makoto: "The Future Foundation is the world's hope! No one can defy the Future Foundation!"

Hajime: "Hold on! Did you say it's foolish to defy the Future Foundation? Then how do you explain your actions!?"

Makoto: "M-My actions?"

Hajime: "I saw it.. the e-mail that the Future Foundation sent to you."

Akane: "Wait a second... are you talking about the one we found in the library?"

Hajime: "Yeah, that's the one."

To Future Foundation fourteenth division - Makoto Naegi.

Where are you guys? What are you doing right now? What you're doing is a serious act of treason. Do you understand? Why are you protecting the Remnants of Despair? It should be abundantly clear to you how dangerous it is to keep these people alive. Stay calm and think about this carefully. You guys are being lied to. Think carefully about what's important to bring the light of hope to the world. The six of you joined the Future Foundation because you agreed with our ideals, right? The Future Foundation rescued you from the tragedy you survived and cooperated with recovering your memories.

Immediately return the Remnants of Despair to our headquarters. Unless we eliminate them, all this bloodshed will never end. Everything... is for the sake of a future filled with hope.

Hajime: "In that e-mail... Makoto Naegi defied the Future Foundation to protect the Remnants of Despair... which clearly contradicts what 'this person' is saying!"

Makoto: "Tch!"

Kazuichi: "Huh... is that e-mail for real? The Future Foundation tried to kill us?"

Akane: "Hold on! We'll deal with that later! Monokuma... those clues we found were all real, right?"

Monokuma: "G-Gasp!" And that wasn't the only contradiction. What this person was saying also contradicts what they've already been told. Hajime recalls the conversation he had with that strange silhouette, that private conversation was thanks to Alter Ego, and it prevented Monokuma from knowing about it. To Hajime, the words he was told seemed much more real. If so, the person in front of him had to be a fake.

Hajime: "Tell me, Makoto Naegi! Who are you!?"

Monokuma: "W-Who is he? Simply put, he's Makoto Naegi, who's known for being a cutie patootie!"

Hajime: "You shut up! I'm not asking you!"

Monokuma: "You insolent fool! If you're saying he's not Makoto, then show me some proof!"

Hajime: 'Dammit, he's trying to interfere again! Then... to prove whether that Makoto Naegi is real or not... I'm gonna shove the truth down that bear's throat!'

Monokuma: "You better not be wasting my time! Show me the proof that backs up your nonsense!"

Hajime: "Makoto Naegi... if that's who you really are, then tell me this! Why did you make the password to Nezumi Castle '11037'!?"

Makoto: "...Um... what was that again?"

Hajime: "You can't answer!?"

Makoto: "T-That's weird... wait, you... where'd you find that out?"

Hajime: "Who cares!? So how about it!? Can you even answer!?"

Makoto: "..." Hajime's evidence looked like it stopped Makoto in his tracks. Everyone else didn't know what was going on, even Monokuma couldn't understand how Hajime knew about that number's origin. Something that even Monokuma didn't know. "...Aw man, I've been found out."

Akane: "Found out? Then you're-"

Makoto/Monokuma: "Puhuhuhu... how disappointing... and I thought I was on the right track." This was officially not Makoto Naegi, and it proved even more true as they heard Monokuma's voice come from Makoto's mouth. And then, within an instant, the imposter suddenly vanished from everyone's sight.

Kazuichi: "H-He disappeared?... HEY!!! T-That guy disappeared!"

Fuyuhiko: "Why are you surprised? It's a computer program... so anything's possible, right?"

Sonia: "T-Then... that was just the work of Monokuma?"

Monokuma: "Aw... you found out I was faking! T-This is so embarrassing, I just wanna kill myself!"

Fuyuhiko: "What are you doing!? Why'd you show us a fake member of the Future Foundation!?"

Hajime: "That fake was trying to get us out to the real world... then that's your plan!? Is that where your trap is!?"

Monokuma: "...Man, he saw right through me... I may as well be invisible."

Sonia: "A trap? What kind of trap did you set!?"

Akane: "Hey, if you know what's good for you, you better hurry the hell up and confess. I'll beat ya half to death if you tell us now, but if ya don't spit it out soon, I'm just gonna kill ya!"

Kazuichi: "Just kill him right now! Then this nightmare can finally end!"

Monokuma: "Violence is not allowed! This isn't that kind of game, it's a much smarter game, right?"

Fuyuhiko: "What game!? This game is already over!"

Monokuma: "This game... is over? Are you saying that the author has arrived at the end of the story? No, no, no... I'm not gonna let you finish yet... there's no way this can end before I've even transformed."

Sonia: "T-Transform?"

Monokuma: "A transformation is customary in a final boss battle, right? You know, like that one role-playing game. You know what game I'm talking about. Final-"

Kazuichi: "D-Don't say it!"

Monokuma: "Now then... allow me to show you... I'll skip the second and third forms and go straight to... MY FINAL FORM!!!"

Akane: "You better not be bluffing! I'm gonna beat the crap outta you and pull all your stuffing out!" Almost without warning, Monokuma's body began to glow blue. Not just that, but the codes all around the students began to speed up and fly around Monokuma.

Monokuma: "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" (See the picture at the top for a better visual)

Hajime: "Ugh!" Hajime had a very bad feeling around this. Like the inside of his brain was buzzing, sizzling, a really, really bad feeling. While Monokuma was apparently transforming, the scenery around the group started to come apart.

Monokuma: "Now then! Make sure you burn this ginormous despair you're about the see into your memories! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" The blue glow coming from Monokuma began getting brighter and brighter, and not only that, but it looked like doing this transformation was actually hurting Monokuma. "I'M GONNA DIE!!!"

It almost looked like he was actually going to transform into something else, but right before that could happen... a massive hand came out of nowhere and squashed him. It looked like it was glitching a bit, and it even had red fingernails, so the survivors could only assume that this hand belonged to a girl. Even with Monokuma supposably dead, the area around them was still changing. The codes flying around expanded and completely destroyed the scenery around them. Now, it looked similar to the room encased in concrete. The only difference was that half of the room was completely removed, and it was done on purpose... to make room for 'her'.

The massive hand did in fact belong to a girl, and said girl was massive. A giant among insects, her very appearance made everyone back up. This girl approached the centre of the room, so she could basically join in on the situation. Sonia and Kazuichi were so horrified that they moved closer to where Hajime's podium was. Now, Sonia was standing in Kazuichi's usual podium, and Kazuichi moved to Mahiru's vacant podium, the podium on Hajime's right. Fuyuhiko and Akane did the same thing, Akane moved to Hiyoko's vacant podium, which was the podium on Hajime's left, and Fuyuhiko moved to Gundham's vacant podium.

This massive girl looked to be around the age of everyone present. Not a word was said as they watched this girl pull out a flip phone and place it right across from Hajime, in Nagito's vacant podium. Their surroundings were mostly black with green encrypted codes flying around, but now it's mostly pink. Images of Monokuma's face appeared everywhere as if they were holograms, and the encrypted codes were now flying around the entire area.

Hajime: "W-What... what's going on!?"

Sonia: "A-Am I hallucinating?"

Fuyuhiko: "I-I know anything goes here... but this? This is clearly not fucking okay!"

????: "I see, so that's your reaction to seeing an extra-large high school girl. But are they really that big? Don't you think they're really small?" That voice wasn't coming from the massive girl, it was coming from the flip phone she put at Nagito's vacant podium. There was a small screen visible from everyone's position, and it showed the same girl, but it felt no different than when Monokuma would appear on a monitor.

Akane: "S-She's huge! She's way too huge!"

????: "Huh? But the final boss in a certain action game is much bigger. You know, 'that' game. Knifearella!" (Apparently, she was making a Bayonetta reference. And before, Monokuma was making a Final Fantasy reference. I assure you, Knifearella isn't an actual game)

Fuyuhiko: "She said it anyway!"

????: "I see, I see... an estimated bust size of fifteen meters, huh? My boobs are hopelessly huge." She must be talking about her giant counterpart, and it looked like she was in her own little world right now. "Hey... want me to squeeze you in-between them? Big boobs feel good, you know?"

Kazuichi: "I-I'd get fucking crushed!"

????: "If this was a pandering fanservice game full of pretty girls, there'd be a CG close-up of my cleavage. But... too bad! This isn't a fanservice game! Of course, since it's not an action game either... you won't even get to experience the refreshing sensation of battling an enormous final boss!" Without warning, her next words sounded like she took on a different personality. Her eyes looked like she was dead set on killing someone, and she had her tongue hanging out of her mouth.

???? (Insane): "Hahahahaha! So fucking hopeless!"

Sonia: "T-This is... Monokuma's true identity?"

Fuyuhiko: "We... we have to deal with this thing?" This strange girl who appeared to be crazy changed her voice again. Instead of sounding and looking crazy, she went with a cute appearance this time. Almost like an anime character.

???? (Cutesy): "I'm 'shocked' you'd call me 'this thing'! Oh, you're so mean!"

Sonia: "Um... is it just me or did her personality change?"

????: "I get easily bored of my personality... like, I already got bored of my personality who gets easily bored. And that's when Fuyuhiko would say, 'it's too damn early to say you got bored', right?"

Fuyuhiko: "Wait, what!?"

???? (Cutesy): "I have plenty of data on you guys, so it's so easy for me to know what you're all thinking!"

Sonia: "Y-You are not bored at all!" Once again, this girl's personality changed. Now she was looking depressed, there were even mushrooms in her hair... for some reason.

???? (Depressed): "I got bored of getting bored... geez... even when I'm dead I still get bored... this sucks." She said she was dead, but that doesn't explain how she's appearing in front of everyone. Hajime thought about it for a bit, and he only came up with one name.

Hajime: "A-Are you... Junko Enoshima?"

Fuyuhiko: "Did you say Junko Enoshima!? Isn't she dead!?"

Junko: "It's true... I did end up dying the last time. I-I'm sorry, okay... I didn't mean to go so fast... I-I couldn't help it, you know... it was my first time. Geez! Stupid! You're the one who made me go!" Everything she just said can easily be taken the wrong way, she really needs to watch how she phrases things.

Sonia: "A-And why is someone who died... here right now?"

Junko: "Do you guys know about an artificial intelligence called Alter Ego?"

Hajime: 'Huh?' For the fourth time, her personality changed. This time, she looked very proud, but it was also like she was looking down on everyone. A crown was visible on her head, and she spoke with an accent that a person of royalty would use.

Junko (Royalty): "Exuberance! We are now an AI! We have transcended humanity!"

Kazuichi: "W-What AI? Stop saying all this crazy bullshit!"

Junko: "You see, my personality is like this because I'm the type who dies easily, right? That's why I made my own AI program while I was still alive. And then, 'someone' uploaded me into this Neo World Program. And that's how Alter Ego Junko hopelessly appeared in front of you guys!"

Hajime: 'T-That's insane... this insane bitch is Junko Enoshima. She's... responsible for everything. The destruction of Hope's Peak Academy... the destruction of the world... the one who took over the Neo World Program and forced us to kill each other... it was all this bitch's doing! Even so... what am I supposed to do? Even if we know she's Junko Enoshima...'

Junko: "Don't get cautious and think about what you can do. I mean, we're all Ultimate Despair here. Each and every one of our classmates looked at us like we're a bunch of loogies on the side of the road... so let's all be friends!"

Akane: "H-Hell no!"

Junko (Depressed): "Man, they hate me. And I was thinking of you guys when I tampered with the Graduation Program... but they still hate me."

Hajime: 'Huh!?'

Sonia: "Tampered... with the Graduation Program?"

Junko: "Remember what that fake Makoto said earlier? About what happens to you when you graduate? I feel like you guys weren't getting a big enough reward for graduating... so I decided to modify what happens so it's something exciting and unique, just like a game! Hell, even stories written by authors do something similar. Uploading your game memories into your real bodies is fine, but letting your friends stay dead just sucks. That's why I decided to resurrect them! This is the new Graduation Program I'm offering!"

Fuyuhiko: "R-Resurrect? Hey! A-Are you serious!? Can you really do that!?" As if they haven't seen enough, Junko's personality changed again. Her teeth looked like buckteeth, and she had sparkles in her eyes. Her voice sounded like she was talking with food in her mouth.

Junko (Cartoon): "It was like real hard, you know!? The Graduation Program is the core part of this game, so it was protected with a lot of encrypted codes! It took me a long time! I felt so much despair about how useless I am!"

Junko: "Well, one advantage of being an AI is that I got smarter with computers. Before that, every time my computer froze, I used to put it in the microwave and nuke it." On a roll, her personality changed again. She was now holding a clipboard and wearing glasses. Also, her hair was suddenly no longer the same, it was usually two pigtails with bangs, now it was just one big ponytail.

Junko (Intellect): "Show of hands, class, how long do you think it took for me to modify it?"

Fuyuhiko: "Who cares about that!? Are you serious when you say that everyone who died will come back to life!?"

Junko: "Did you forget? You gotta answer questions to progress the story. That's the rules of this game, right?" (Also, when she's talking about this game, she's referring to the program, not the actual game this story's based on)

Junko (Depressed): "By the way, I'll give you a clue... you guys were always watching time slip away at a certain place."

Akane: "So you're not gonna tell us... until we answer that?"

They were completely at her mercy. But if they can't progress unless they answer, they have no choice but to answer. How long it took for Junko to modify the Graduation Program. She said they were watching how long it took. if so, then the answer is basically the one thing that still hasn't been solved ever since it appeared in Jabberwock Park.

Hajime: "The countdown at Jabberwock Park... that's the only place I can think of. That's the only place we consistently watched that has anything to do with time."

Sonia: "Then that countdown represented the time that was needed to modify the program."

Junko: "How brilliant... how brilliantly wrong! Haha, you're totally wrong about that tricky timer!"

Hajime: "W-Wrong!? Then what was it!?"

Junko: "How should I put this? I was just... goofing around?"

Hajime: 'Huh?'

Junko: "I mean, isn't stuff you don't understand exciting even though you don't get it? It's kinda like superhero cosplayers, or someone else's designs of alien life and stuff, right?"

Akane: "I-It was... just for show?"

Junko: "In the end, it was meaningless. Does that fill you with despair, like getting booted from a game server? You know those murder mysteries where the culprit is really the detective who's investigating the murder? Well, I'm so over predictable crap like that! Just what did you expect at this stage!?"

Kazuichi: "S-She's... she's seriously messed up."

Junko: "Well, in a way... the countdown implied I was on a mission. Did you ever make up your own silly rules, like 'don't step off the white line when you cross the road'? I was testing myself to see if I could get you guys into the Graduation Program before the timer reached zero."

Sonia: "Enough... please stop..."

Junko: "Don't be so disappointed. It's totally true, I had a hard time manipulating the program. While you guys were at the beach making wrinkly dog faces, I was working so hard on my own, you know."

Fuyuhiko: "Hey, enough of this pointless crap! Are you seriously going to resurrect everyone who died!?"

Junko: "Like I said, it's easy. After all, it's not like any of this is real."

Hajime: 'Not like any of this is real?'

Junko: "Yeah... each and every thing that happened in this world was just an event within the game. There's no way anything that occurred in the game could affect the real world."

Hajime: "What you're saying now is completely different from what you said before. You said whether of not it's a lie, the moment you feel something is real, it becomes real."

Junko: "The game where you throw my words back at me is over! So you don't really have to worry about it!"

Fuyuhiko: "...Fine, I won't worry about it."

Hajime: "F-Fuyuhiko?"

Fuyuhiko: "Who fucking cares about logic!? As long as everyone who died comes back to life, that's good enough!"

Sonia: "But... if we do not understand the principles behind it, then we do not even know if it is really possible."

Fuyuhiko: "Anything goes in this world! You've seen that happen so many times already, right!?"

Akane: "Well, if a high school girl can get huge, then it's not crazy if the dead can come back to life... right?"

Kazuichi: "If she's saying that's how she tampered with a computer program... how are we supposed to respond to that?"

Junko: "That's right. That's why you should finish this game and go back to living a normal life in the real world."

Hajime: "If we go back, what do you get out of it?"

Junko: "Hm?"

Hajime: "What benefit do you get by making us return to the real world? As long as we don't know what it is-"

Junko: "Man, you're so annoying! You're so petty! It's not like you're a housewife living on a tight budget! All I want is to put on this graduation performance in a more dramatic way. Well, if you doubt me, you don't have to go back. Is that what you want? Not to go back?"

Fuyuhiko: "H-Hold on a second! We're obviously going to get out of here! If it'll bring our dead friends back, it's all we can do!"

Akane: "Of course! We've been working towards that goal for, like, forever!"

Kazuichi: "Because we had that goal... we were able to endure those killings."

Fuyuhiko: "Plus, everyone can go back together! So there's no reason to hesitate!"

Sonia: "Y-You are right... there is no way we can choose to stay here after all we have been through."

Junko: "Just as expected from the winners of this killing school trip, your will to live is truly 'Ultimate'. Wonderful! That's just more reason for you to execute your role as devices."

Hajime: 'Devices?'

Junko: "Okay, now let's stop stalling for time with exposition, and hurry up and do it. Now then, you guys just go ahead and answer with the touch panel that's in front of you. I'm gonna do it. I'm seriously gonna do it. If you don't hurry up, I'm seriously really gonna do it. You don't have to say, 'who're you talking to'? It doesn't concern a chump like you, Hajime."

Hajime: "C-Chump?"

Fuyuhiko: "Don't worry about it... everything's gonna be over once we press this."

Akane: "So, we just have to press 'Graduate', right?"

Kazuichi: "If we do that... we can go home, right?"

Hajime: '...I can go back... with this... I can finally go back. He's right... with this, we can finally go back. This will be the end. And our friends who died will be saved... that's way beyond what we expected. Then... it's safe to say that this is the good ending, right?' With the program modified by Junko, everyone can finally escape the Neo World Program, and return to their bodies in the real world. All they had to do was press the right button, and Hajime was gonna be the first to press it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 89 33
It's been years since Akemi Minako committed suicide during the Killing Game at Hope's Peak Academy. Now, her brother Tio is enrolled and goes on a s...
8.5K 184 14
It's been a few years since the Killing School Life that took place in the sealed Hope's Peak Academy. The survivors of Class 78 has joined forces wi...
71.3K 1.9K 45
BOOK 1 OF MY DR OC SERIES CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN AND UNDER MAINTENANCE. I'll try my best to keep it readable even while I revamp it, but I'm sorry...
1.2K 30 20
Hajime Hinata a student of the reserve course, always wanted to attend Hopes peak academy. when he finally does he becomes a reserve course student w...