The Summoners' Heir

By Lasanai7

Born to both light and shadows, I'm respected but feared. I have lived many centuries and served as a general... More

Welcome
Chapter 1: A New Timeline
Chapter 2: A First Lifetime
Chapter 3: A Lifetime ago
Chapter 4: The Golden Thread
Chapter 5: Not Today, Babushka
Chapter 6: Mission: Sol Koroleva
Chapter 7: Thank you, Genya
Chapter 8: Alone, But Never Lonely
Chapter 9: Yes, Mother. Yes, I will.
Chapter 10: A Corporalki's Insight
Chapter 11: Dining with the Darkling
Chapter 12: A Promise to Ravka
Chapter 13: Baghra's Plea
Chapter 14: The Sun's Announcement
Chapter 15: Your Queen Awaits
Chapter 16: Your Queen Awaits Part II
Chapter 17: A Family Reunion... Almost
Chapter 18: For the Love of a Daughter
Chapter 19: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 20: My Princess is Perfect
Chapter 21: We're Finally a Family, Father
Chapter 22: Everything I Do, I Do For You
Chapter 23: It's Like Looking In A Mirror
Chapter 24: Never Let Me Go. Ever
Chapter 25: Moya Rebe, Moya Luna, My World, My Everything
Chapter 26: You Are Not Alone, Not Anymore
Chapter 27: Like A Father
Chapter 28: Spill The Tea
UPDATE!! (Not a chapter - sorry y'all)
Chapter 29: The Sweetest of Realisations
Chapter 30: Till Infinity Runs Out
Chapter 31: Only Love Could Hurt This Way
Chapter 32: Irreplaceable
UPDATE
Chapter 33: Precious Gem
Chapter 34: You'll Never Walk Alone
Chapter 35: The First of Many Eclipses
Chapter 37: Paying the Price
Chapter 38: Two Faces Of The Same Coin
Chapter 39: The Heart of His Storm
Chapter 40: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 41: Only Know You Love Her When You Let Her Go
Chapter 42: This Meant War
Chapter 43:

Chapter 36: Gathering The Puzzle Pieces

360 24 13
By Lasanai7

LEKSI

Father hated the king. It was obvious. I watched as he addressed the Royals. There was a lack of respect between the two parties.

"Moya Tsaritsa."

"Darkling," she acknowledged.

"How are you enjoying the festivities?" he inquired.

His smile was false, a true noble of the court.

The king was not impressed. He looked down on him, but he was wary. Perhaps even afraid. I suppose that made sense. Everyone was.

That's when he interjected.

"You've done well."

"For the little palace," Her Majesty added.

Son of a...

Father didn't let that rattle him. There wasn't time because that's when the Sun Queen entered.

Mother.

She was the living sun.

The room stopped in its tracks.

Even the Darkling himself.

As if there was no one else in the room, she walked right towards the general of the first army - as if she had every right. I watched as she leaned in, whispering something.

He smiled. And this time, it was genuine.

What the heck?

He took her hand, and they made their way to the floor. No way! The Darkling never danced. And yet...

Once the quartet started, they were off, the summoners were in sync with each other. It was... something else. Father wasn't known to be a world-class dancer, but something was captivating about this pairing. Mother and Father never missed a beat. It was as if they were the melody and harmony of the song. Nobody joined them. It somehow wouldn't have been right. But everyone watched, in awe of what was before them. Even the Royals had to take a pause. Little did they know why. Whether you were a believer or not, you had to acknowledge this spectacle was ethereal. This was a dance between the shadows and the sun.

Mother glowed. Orbs of light were shooting off of her, bouncing around in excitement. Tendrils of shadow rose to meet her stars, circling them with a gentleness I did not think shadows were capable of. I didn't know what to make of it. Was that intentional? The shadows were slightly hesitant, afraid, and giddy in their movements. Were they afraid, in awe? It was sweet. Is that how Father felt about Mother?

I almost laughed aloud.

But then the shadows reached out, making contact with the sun. And what happened next was... well, indescribable.

They swirled around each other in a frenzy, spinning faster and faster as the tempo of the music increased. They kept spinning until the two elements were no longer separate. They were one. It was no longer the shadow and the sun but this vortex. This chaotic, untamed power. It was brilliant, and no one could turn away. I had seen this before... oh no. The vortex was no longer swirling above them. It began to move, and it was moving purposefully - towards me.

Shoot.

Now Mother and Father were looking at me.

This could not be happening. All eyes were on me now.

Mother looked concerned. But Father - he was intrigued.

What was I supposed to do?

But then I heard a voice.

Aleksandria.

What was this?

Aleksandria, listen.

Could everyone else hear this?

Child of the sun and shadows. Look at what you are.

Did Mother and Father?

Look at your power. Step into who you are.

What did that mean? I did not understand.

But the voice was intoxicating. It called to me. It drew me in. I could not resist. I reached out. Immediately, the vortex rose to my touch. Lightening struck out all corners of the room, causing everyone to gasp. And then it was gone. But I had felt it.

The vortex was within me. I held such power. I was that power.

The room broke out into whispers. I wasn't sure if it was the good kind.

"Darkling!" His Majesty barked, "What is the meaning of this?"

Father did not respond.

Instead, he brought his hands together in a resounding clap. The room went completely black.

"Darkling!"

This time, in the shadows, I heard Father's shadows call. Much softer than the vortex.

Leksi, Leksi come.

Father reached out to me, calling me to him. I ran to him, grabbing his outstretched hand. The other was wrapped around Mother's waist. In a flash, the three of us were no longer in the ballroom.

We were in Father's chambers.

"Milaya, are you alright?"

Mother's hands were cupping my cheeks.

"I... I didn't mean..."

"Leksi."

I turned to him.

"Father, I'm sorry... I..."

He grabbed me firmly.

"Never apologise for your power, Leksi."

I was still in shock. I did not understand what just happened.

"Moya Luna, look at me," he implored.

I did. I looked into his eyes just as tears were rolling from mine.

"Milaya, never apologise for who you are."

"What just happened?"

Mother was looking at Father as if he had the answer. He was the only one who could have.

"I don't know, milaya."

I noticed he still had Mother's hand in his.

"What will the King do?" I blurted out. "I... surely he knows there is something different about me, something you've been hiding. What will he..."

I was losing control.

"Nothing. He will not harm you. I will not allow it."

"But you're not the king."

"He does not wield shadows, milaya. No one will harm you."

"What will you do?" came Mother's voice.

He squeezed her hand.

"Yes, Father, what will you do?"

This time the Darkling brought me into his embrace, shielding me in a casing of shadows.

"Let me worry about that, Milaya - if it comes that. But I trust His Majesty knows better..."

"Why is that?"

His voice was no longer Fatherly.

"Because he knows what I'm capable of."

I saw his shadows flare up in ferocity, but it was only for a second.

Mother's light reached for them, immediately bringing them back down. I watched as the Darkling's eyes closed as he re-centred himself. He nodded to Mother in thanks. He really was beginning to trust her.

He turned his gaze to me, brushing my cheek.

"If there is one thing you believe, believe this. As long as I live, no harm will come to you, Moya Luna."

I believed him.

I rested my head on his chest, letting his shadows shield me. 

Hey Team, 

Hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Hope your weekend is going well so far. As always would love to hear your thoughts on this chapter and name suggestions for it. :) Thank you so much for reading!! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 338 35
Evelynn Newman entered the Fold as an Army Medic and came out a Grisha. She discovered she's an 'Exchange', a rare kind of Grisha who's able to harne...
11.7K 685 28
Crossover of Grishaverse & Tiger's Saga (Colleen Houck) The Darkling X Original Character When Alina Starkov is placed in the most terrifying of plac...
129K 5.5K 72
An original book following the story of Y/n Oreli, an orphan from Keramzin who has been best friends with Alina Starkov and Malyen Oretsev since she...
24.1K 498 40
We'd been waiting for the Sun Summoner our whole lives. We were told stories about that person that would destroy the swathe of blackness known as th...