Dire

By niallsthumb

Dire (of a situation or event) extremely serious or urgent. "dire consequences" Similar: terrible, dreadful... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106

91

12 1 0
By niallsthumb

Niall POV

"I'm just saying it would be a good idea if their was another pilot on board."

Louis shook his head. "Absolutely not. You would see a McDonald's and nose dive."

I laugh shaking my head "I'll be a damn good pilot"

"You're bloody colorblind. I think that's a problem."

We slow down in front of the house going over the paper work making sure it's the one.

We head towards it knocking. nothing. we walking in no sigh of life "oi oi" louis spoke

Two druggys appeared yelling at us ignoring them. "Where's the child?" I spoke

"Get the fuck out" the man yelled back

Louis pulled his gun out "let's try that again shall we?"

"He's napping. What do you want?"

I moved around the disgusting house

Looking for a 2 year old boy

I walked through bedrooms the bathroom last I check the kitchen there he is sitting in a high chair.

My eyes widen when I come to realize he's fucking blue "Louis!" I yell grabbing the child .

I immediately start doing cpr Louis and the shit parents appear in the door way

"What the fuck" i yell Louis gets down on the ground next to me trying to help Louis saying check his airways

"He's mouth is fucking tiny I can't see shit" panicking "Call an ambulance now." I continued CPR

Louis called giving the address saying there was a baby unconscious then saying he heard two gunshots. so he went to check on them and found two body's and a baby

He muted the phone looking at the two parents and pushing them into the living room shooting them both without hesitation. Then walking back into the kitchen.

Emt got there. The room was silent we all knew.I got up and walked out if only we got here an hour before.

It was a long drive back louis and I just sitting in silence.

"Are you hungry do you want to stop?" Louis asked 

"No just drive" once we got back we headed to the bar. I needed to be numb. I went up and asked for the bottle. He looked at me like I was joking. "Now or swear to god.." he handed it over I walked off sitting in the back.

Alexis pov

Harry got off the phone.

"Hey you up for going out tonight?"

"Yeah sounds good."

"Wear that dress you sent me a picture in."

I laugh getting dressed Harry changing as well. We finish getting ready and head out.

We sat in our normal spot with our drinks we got at the bar.

The music is pounding and I'm starting to get a nice buzz. I look at niall who doesn't look like himself.

"Is he ok?" I tap Harry's thigh while nodding towards Niall

Harry sighed "him and Louis found a child dead during a pick up."

"Oh my god."

He nodded silently

"Have you talked to him?"

"No This is how he handles shit. I'm just here to keep an eye on him."

A ping to my heart Harry will never be the one to tell people he cared or loved them. But he will show it in his actions

Stood up walking towards Niall.
I grabbed Niall by the shirt pulling him to follow me. He was drunk and high "baby careful" he smiled at me "Harry is finally sharing you ?"

"No niall"i deadpanned

He looked at me confused

"I know you're getting fucked up because of what happened today."

He frowned at me "I'm getting fucked up because thats what I always do."

"That different."

"Alexis" he spoke clearly annoyed "I'm not any of your concern so please go find Harry and fuck off."

"You're only being a jerk because you're hurt."

"You go hold a dead baby and tell me how you feel. You go find them knowing if you left a little earlier they would be alive." He's voice is louder and angrier

"It's not your fault niall" I say just as loud

"I'm not in the mood." going to walk around me

I stopped him "don't touch me" he snapped

"It's not your fault."

"Alexis mind your business"

I grabbed him again immediately hugging him. He froze "let go" he demanded

"No"

"Alexis"

"Niall it's not your fault." I held on to him.

He stayed silent.

"You've put your life on the line time and time again. you helped so many. You were on the way. You didn't kill him it's not your fault."

Nialls hands tightened on my waist. I realized he was clinging to me crying.

"I was on the way. why wasn't I faster. why didn't we leave yesterday. He was just a baby." he held onto me crying I was now crying as well "it's not your fault." I reminded him

Harry's eyes landed on me. he gave me a nod before walked away

After a while niall stood up straight trying to compose himself wiping his face with the bottom of his shirt. "Shit I'm sorry lex I didn't mean to"

"Niall it's okay you're human."

He leaned against the wall mumbling "he was just a baby." I rubbed his arm. He looked over at me his face was flush. "You're good lex."

"You're good too Niall"

"Lex I'm not I...."

I stopped him "you're good. you do a bad thing for the good. If i thought what you guys did was truly bad I wouldn't have came back. You do bad things to protect the innocent. The fact you're upset about shows you're good."

"Fuck styles for making you his I would kiss you right now."

I laughed he turned and hugged me kissing the top of my head. "Well now I'm sober"

I laugh he put his arm around my shoulder "let's go I need another drink."

When we walk back to the crowd I see Harry sat talking to Ashton he looks at me then Niall's arm. He takes a sip of his drink. I pull Niall's arm off of me telling him to go get another drink. I walk over to Harry taking his hand he pulls me to his lap. He mumbled "is he okay?"

I nodded he kissed my hand continuing his conversation with Ashton. Niall joined us. Harry giving him a soft nod.

I looked around "where's louis?"

Harry nodded to the table where Louis sat with a bunch of women. I text him "you ok?"

He looked up at me and gave me a thumbs up.

Harry pulled me into him mumbling "it's sweet that you care about my friends." He paused "thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.3K 94
"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a demon seeking peace." -Helen - Their love wasn't supposed to happen. It was a mistake from the beginning...
879K 25.5K 43
In which Harry attempts to take advantage of a sweet, innocent girl and is shocked to find out she is the complete opposite. Cover by @-PAPAYA Starte...
79.4K 4.5K 59
"Harry, please," she groaned, bucking her hips into mine. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice dropping low as I massaged her chest. "You, Harry," s...
6.9K 155 83
His hands are soft and his nails are coloured black. His cross tattoo shines in the light and his hairs are standing. I look down at his anchor tatto...