The Joys of life

By Honeybee_mazwide

Life is unpredictable and not very fair to everyone. Things don't always go as planned but they sometimes hap... More

00
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
A/N

01

1.3K 71 1
By Honeybee_mazwide

[chapter 1]

Lethokuhle's pov

I feel like my heart will explode with nerves as it is a day before our matric results are published. My grandparents have been trying to make me feel calm especially my grandfather but it isn't working. I am currently stalking my crush as a way to calm myself down. My crush by the way is my best friend's brother, who doesn't even notice me. He treats me like his sister which is a bummer. I am going through his Instagram feed and I must say, he is really hot with his bushy curly little afro. He dyed it blonde and it suits him then his piercings.

Gogo: "Thotho!!" she calls out for me. That is a nickname she calls me by. I go to her and as always she's busy. This one is such a busybody, she never runs out of things to do while I am a lazy bum. I only get energetic once in a while and she has made
peace with it.

Me: "'Mah?"

Gogo: "Please go to MaMnikathi and give her this. Do not open it and if she isn't home then come back with it."

Me: "What is this anyway?" she gives me one of her intimidating looks.

Gogo: "Just do as I say for once, without questioning me! Please!" she says annoyed. I chuckle nodding my head yes. I walk to the Mnikathi household which is right next door. I honestly don't understand why my grandmother couldn't call out for her friend by the fence like they always do. Anyway I knock on the door until I'm invited inside

Me: "Sanibonani." I greet the two oldies who are cuddling together with the TV playing.

Gogo'M: "Wenza kahle wafika, my child please do me a favour. Go to kwaMzimela and buy me some onions."

Mkhulu' M: "Hawu nkosikazi, I thought I planted every type of vegetable for you nje!?!"

Gogo'M: "Yes Mnikathi but they are not growing much and I've run out of them."

Mkhulu' M: "Let me go for you sthandwa sami."

Me: "No, it's fine I will go mkhulu." he nods. Gogo tells me to follow her to her room.

Gogo: "Ouuhh my friend is the best. I have been waiting for this package for such a long time!" she says taking the plastic and peeps inside it.

Me: "What is it Gogo?" Well, it's not like I didn't take a peek and saw some herbal tea.

Gogo: "Nithanda izinto nina zingane. Here, go to the store fast. " she hands me money.

*********
When I returned, there was another car parked in the yard next to Mkhulu Mnikathi's car. Judging by the number plate, it's Uncle Nsizwa and his family. I rush inside excitedly hoping that my best friend is also here.

Me: "Sanibonani." I greet my friend's parents. Aunt Thando smiles widely and opens her arms inviting me for a hug. She hugs me tightly and kisses my head.

Aunt'Thando: "I missed you so much baby." she hugs me again. Her husband also hugs me kissing my forehead.

Me: "I missed you guys too. Where's my best friend?!"

Lwande: "Aybo! Do you not see me?!" he asks dramatically and forces a hug from me.

Gogo: "Where are my onions Letho?!" I break free from Lwa and go give Gogo her vegetables.

Aunt'Thando: "I bought something for you love."  she says excitedly handing me shopping bags.

Me: "Forever 21?! I don't think we have that shop around SA!?!"

Aunt'Thando: "Who said these are from SA?!" I jump on her excitedly and she catches me, hugging me tightly as we both scream.

Nqobile: "What's with the noise?" she asks walking in with her younger siblings. I scream louder and she joins me as we jump on each other.

Gog'Mnikathi: "Heeey!! Keep your noise down you two!" We giggle and then go to her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 628 47
Uminathi's second chance at LOVE. Will he use it wisely or not? Tune in to find out more.
125K 7.4K 121
What happens when one has fulfilled their purpose on Earth? She deals with gangsters everyday but is she willing to live under the same roof with on...
126K 10.4K 117
Book 2 of KwaDlamini. Life is a circle of happiness , sadness , hard times & good times. ~Bright Drops.