Let's Raise The Male Lead's Y...

By Sweet_Dily

{If you like the Novel 'She Became The Devil's Stepmother Who's About To Be Killed' it's similar with a littl... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated On My Wedding Day
Chapter 2: Elliot
Chapter 3: Embarrassment For A Bride
Chapter 4: A Sword To The Throat
Chapter 5: Be My Real Wife
Chapter 6: A Gallery With Secrets
Chapter 7: Exessive Donations
Chapter 8: Gypsinses
Chapter 9: A Kitchen Conflict
Chapter 11: Angel?
Chapter 12: The Sweetness Of A Loving Husband
Chapter 13: Moros Cure
Chapter 14: A Doctor's Basement
Chapter 15: Enemies With Different Greeds
Chapter 16: An Unexpected Variable
Chapter 17: Infected
Chapter 18: Stuck With The Annoying Ulisses Thanks To The Cult Who Kidnapped Us
Chapter 19: One Must Survive And The Other Will Be Dragged
Chapter 20: It Was Discovered Before You Knew It
Chapter 21: A Close Lie Of Death
Chapter 22: What Is Not Written In A Sinister Book
Chapter 23: The Close Call Of Death For Ulisses
Chapter 24: Stand Up And Not Falter
Chapter 25: The People's Hearts Stand With You
Chapter 26: All Night If I Must, You Will Rest!
Chapter 27: Bless Our Loving Souls
Chapter 28: The Master Of The Underlayer
Chapter 29: A Rotten Temple Who Backfires On You
Chapter 30: Dark Incantation
Chapter 31: The Baby's Pain

Chapter 10: No End's Rest

1.2K 30 5
By Sweet_Dily

***WARNING: This chapter contains foul language.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 10...

"Yes, a sledge" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"Madam I'm afraid I never heard of that" (Benny, said)

'Grab'

She said with a small smile as her blue eyes looked down at a blank piece of paper and grabbed it to explain to Benny her idea.

'Sketch, Sketch'

And drew a simple sledge sketch with some breaks and a different style of sledge.

One that could transport enough room for people and cargo.

Well actually it was not that simple it was more like a good detailed sketch with labels down to the bone.

'Not to brag but back then when I was studying for architecture until I did not like it and realized I liked educating others I changed to a teacher profession since I found my passion, I had to do highly detailed sketches like this so it's just a piece of cake for me now' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

'Madam....' (Benny's inner thoughts)

Benny's eyes widened with a surprised face as he caught a glimpse at her drawing skill and speed.

'Halt'

Stop sketching.

'Perfect' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

She thought proudly.

'Look up'

And then looked up flipping the sledge sketch to face Benny.

"Something like this" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'It...doesn't have wheels' (Benny's inner thoughts)

"?" (Benny)

However, no matter if her sketch was highly detailed and looked professionally sketched Benny still did not understand since he had never seen anything like this so he had a both  impressed face and a confused face.

'Point'

Han Jea/Nania pointed at the sledge runner's sketch to explain further to Benny.

"This here will make the transportation much easier and you won't have to be digging out the snow" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"These are called runners and that will make them slide against the snow in other words they will not sink in as they will be above the snow" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'Point'

She proceeds to explain the different styles of the sledges.

"This design is perfect for both the people who will carry the cargo and for the cargo" (Han Jea/Nania, said)s

She pointed at the front of the sledge and the back of the sledge.

'Point'

She pointed again to the front of the sledge but the very front of it.

"And depending on the amount of the cargo you will carry will also depend on the sledge size" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'Tilt'

"The sledge size?" (Benny, asked)

He asked confused and curious.

"Yes, you see you can choose to do the sledge a small size enough for one person and one horse" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"I think that could be a very good option if there are only a little of cargo they need to transport however if they want to transport a bigger cargo the sledge size will be bigger as there will be bigger horses" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She said as she looked at Benny who seemed to finally understand.

"Alright, now here is the break" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She pointed at the break.

"The sledge has a break which is an extra precaution measure to stop in case of a sudden stop" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"Since carriages and wagons have no breaks the only breaks here are relying on the horses to naturally stop however there could be instances that the horses don't stop in time so the breaks are an extra safety measure" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She said as she handed out the sketch to him letting Benny study it a little before Benny's lips finally parted.

'This idea that madam has... it's truly' (Benny's inner thoughts)

"Impeccable!" (Benny, yelled)

"Madam! This is truly impeccable!" (Benny, yelled)

"You are a genius madam!" (Benny, yelled)

"How could you come up with such a thing?!" (Benny, yelled)

He yelled in excitement and admiration praising her as Elliot and his math professor turned around to look from the noise.

'Smile'

'Wave'

Han Jea/Nania who caught a sight of Elliot who had turned around, smiled warmly and waved at him in the distance.

'Smile'

'Wave'

Elliot smiled at her back as he waved shyly.

They cutely interacted with each other from a far as Benny had noticed them.

His lips rose in a gentle smile.

'It looks like the madam and young master really like each other' (Benny's inner thoughts)

'This is the warm atmosphere that was missing for many years' (Benny's inner thoughts)

"Madam and the young master get along very well" (Benny, said)

Benny's lips opened once again as he said warmly.

'Turn'

Han Jea/Nania turned to look at Benny once she heard his words.

'Smile'

She smiled once again.

'Turn'

Then turned to look at Elliot who had already turned to look at his professor.

"Benny" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

Her lips opened again as she still stared at the back of Elliot.

"Yes, madam?" (Benny, asked)

"..." (Han Jea/Nania)

She said no words.

She remained silent for a couple of seconds then turned around and grabbed another blank piece of paper.

'Grab'

'Sketch, Sketch'

Drawing.

'Halt'

Stop drawing.

'Extend'

'Grab'

Han Jea/Nania had sketched another highly detailed sketch, this time a sled.

A sled the length size of three people to sit.

"?" (Benny)

She handed it to Benny who looked at it confused again.

"Since it snows I thought it could be fun to take it out with Elliot" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

Benny did not know what it was nor did he ask for a further explanation all that he needed to do was get her request in.

"Yes, madam" (Benny, said)

"I will go ahead and contact the carriage workers and you also said you needed something else to do?" (Benny, asked)

He had remembered that Han Jea/Nania had wanted another request.

"Ah, yes it is regarding the vegetables and the fruits that are not in the Alpaca mountains" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"Since the vegetables and fruits freeze I have another suggestion to prevent that" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"~~~ ~~~~" (Han Jea/Nania, talking)

"~~~~~ ~~~~~" (Han Jea/Nania, talking)

"~~~ ~~~" (Benny, talking)

"~~~~~~ ~~~~~" (Han Jea/Nania, talking)

The rest of the day took most of her planning as she conversed with Benny.

Spend some quality time with Elliot and down to the night as they played with cookie batter mix.

"Hehe sister has cookie mix" (Elliot, said)

He said happily with a giggle as if making fun of Han Jea/Nania who had cookie cake mix on her right cheek.

'Place'

"Ah so does Elliot" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She placed cookie cake mix on the tip of Elliot's small little nose.

The two of them giggled and dirty each other with cake mix while an on viewer watched from the shadows of the half-opened door.

That man observed in silence watching them as he finally turned away.

'Turn'

The man's steps turned walking away from the beautiful atmosphere as his smile faded into a grim expression.

This man headed inside his office and sat with a still grim expression on his face.

He had gotten the report not too long ago about what Han Jea/Nania had done throughout the day and in this report, the nanny Zoa was included.

A conflicted yet again with Han Jea/Nania, nanny Zoa, and Elliot.

This man had already too much on his hands, he was exhausted and tried.

Not to mention the bad headache he had.

It was as if the time he was out his curse just intensified.

And what happened was...

-Early morning in the Northern Forrest-

"EEEKK!" (Monsters, screeching)

'Slash'

Sword slashing

"EEEKK!" (Monsters, screeching)

'Slash'

Sword slashing.

"The number definitely increased!" (Torro, yelled)

Knight Torro yelled as he slashed a red and black huge tall centapied-looking monster.

Or more like barely holding back one of the centipede's legs with his sword as he looked back while his haired swished with the quickness to look back to Knight George, the blonde haired green-eyed man who had managed to slash a large black ant's right antenna splattering it's black blood.

"They're not only bigger but stronger!" (George, yelled)

George yelled without turning back to look at Torro.

'Slash'

"EEKK" (Monster, screeching)

"Dam it there's more coming!" (Hector, yelled)

"Look out that one is launching itself!" (King, yelled)

Every Reynolds knights was engrossed with the monsters that put up a fight and the monsters that came up from each angle.

Even if they lacked strength they did not give up, they did not want to die at the hands of monsters like this.

However on the other hand.

"EEKK!" (Monster, screeching)

"AAAHH!" (Ulisses, yelling)

A giant-looking cockroach screeched as it stood tall about to attack the panicking Ulisses who trembled holding a sword weakly.

'Am I going to die like this?!' (Ulisses's inner thoughts)

'This is why I didn't want to tag along but to get to the house we had to take this dam path' (Ulisses's inner thoughts)

'If only they were as bright as me I wouldn't have to be going threw this' (Ulisses's inner thoughts)

'I am for the books not for a sword!' (Ulisses's inner thoughts)

Ulisses trembled in both fear and irritation at the situation as he tried his hardest not to close his eyes in fear.

'Swish, Swish'

"AAAHH!" (Ulisses, yelled)

"EEKK!" (Monster, screeching)

He continued to yell swishing his sword weakly as if that did something while the cockroach monster did not seem to back down.

"EEKK!" (Monster, screeching)

'Fuck! Dam it!' (Ulisses's inner thoughts)

Ulisses was becoming more irritated and terrified as the cockroach monster launched itself at him making Ulisses unconsioulsy close his eyes.

'Slash!'

"EEKK!" (Monster, screeching)

'Splatter'

'Yank'

'Thud'

"EEKK!" (Monster, screeching)

'Open'

Ulisses who thought would be eaten alive opened his eyes timidly at the fading sound of the cockroach monster and the cold black blood that had fallen upon his right cheek.

But before he could react he was yanked and thrown out to the ground like a bag by a tall man with violet-purple haired man with lime-neon green eyes.

Carlo Rivens, captain of the Reynolds knights.

That tall man stood in front of Ulisses casting a shadow on him as he had killed the cockroach monster.

'THUD!'

'Down'

'Turn'

Carlo Rivens turned and dropped his sword down still holding it in his hand as the tall cockroach monster fell on the dirt floor.

His lime-neon green eyes now turned to side glance down at Ulisses who was down on the dirtied ground with black monster blood.

"If you were good at the sword as your brain perhaps you wouldn't be on the ground" (Carlo, said)

Carlo said with a tease sneaker.

'Point'

"You!" (Ulisses, yelled)

Obviously, Ulisses did not back down and pointed at Carlo.

Well, you see they got along that way.

Since Carlo knew how Ulisses was a germaphobe.

Now Ulisses was both covered in dirt and black monster blood.

Carlo had been Ulisses's sword instructor so he'd known any excuse Ulisses gave him to avoid sword practice and this was the result.

'Blush'

"You know I didn't want to deal with those disgusting insects!" (Ulisses, yelled)

Ulisses yelled embarrassed pulling out a handkerchief to wipe the black monster's blood.

'Turn'

"To bad you have to, maybe next time consider not skipping" (Carlo, said)

Carlo turned around still teasing Ulisses who was flushed up.

You see these two people loved to bicker.

'Whip'

"Hmph" (Ulisses)

Ulisses hmphed as he whipped the black monster's blood.

"Anyways where is his excellency?" (Ulisses, asked)

Ulisses asked still closing his eyes.

'Turn'

"Right there" (Carlo, said)

Carlo turned his head to the left to motion in a certain direction while Ulisses turned at the motion.

'..?...' (Ulisses)

"What is he..."(Ulisses, said)

Ulisses said out loud confused as he stared at the back of Damien holding his sword and leaning like a cane against it.

"The big one is coming" (Carlo, said)

Carlo said as if he knew something.

"The big one? What does that-" (Ulisses, said)

Ulisses asked or was asking confused when he was interrupted by a loud busting noise in the trees and black birds flying away thew the sky in panic as every knight that had killed the insect monster's hand stopped to watch the upcoming being.

'Crack, Crack, Crack'

Panic bird noises.

'Quick'

A being so giant that it made the floor shake.

"HISSS!" (Giant snake, hissing)

"?!" (Carlo, Ulisses, and Reynolds knights)

And that giant being that had come out of the trees was no other than the demon snake.

A giant 80-foot snake.

A black snake that resembled that of a cobra with three long horns and spikes all around its top scaled body.

"HISS!" (Giant snake, hissing)

That giant snake hissed with its five feet lengthy tongue stopping a few feet away in front of Damien.

"What the hell is that?!" (Jhones, asked)

"When did it become so big?! They were just twenty feet three weeks ago?!" (Jupan, asked)

"No way, it's definitely the great demon that has come back!" (Ricards, yelled)

"How the hell are we supposed to go against that thing if we hardly contained these monsters?!" (Alo, yelled)

"No, I don't think there's such a person to beat that thing!" (Enrolls, yelled)

The Reynolds knights who watched from farther away yelled with some hint of panic as they observed the 80-foot giant snake and Damien who still seemed to lean on his sword like a cane.

"Don't tell me His Excellency is thinking of beating such a thing?!" (Torro, yelled)

"That thing will eat him alive we must do something!" (King, yelled)

"HISSS!!" (Giant snake, hissing)

"I-I well I can't seem to move...my feet don't want to move" (Hector, said)

However, the giant snake's hiss had gotten louder intimidating the Reynolds knights whose feet did not seem to move.

'Smirk'

'Raise'

The panic yells seemed to unfazed Damien as only his lips rose in a satisfied smile raising his sword.

'Turn'

"...." (Carlo and Ulisses)

Carlo and Ulisses knew exactly what Damien was thinking, what this crazy man would do.

'Turn'

They turned to look at each other in silence and turned back to look at the back of Damien.

"HISS!" (Giant snake, hissing)

'Slithering!'

Finally, the giant snake no longer stood still as Damien raised up his sword as if asking for a challenge.

The giant snake hissed violently as it dashed slithering approaching aggressively toward Damien.

'GRAB!'

'THROW!'

'RUN'

'JUMP'

'SLASH!!'

And as if waiting for the opportunity Daimen had grabbed a hold of the giant snake's tongue using it as a momentum to throw it with his inhuman strength shocking the Reynolds knights as the giant snake was thrown a couple of feet away.

But this was only the start.

With swift moments Damien dashed toward the thrown giant snake taking a leap into the air jumping and landing on the very neck of the giant snake holding onto one of the giant snake horns with his left hand while shoving his sword with his right hand penetrating threw the snake.

"HISSSS!" (Giant snake, hissing in pain)

'THUD!!'

And with that the the giant snake's body collapsed dropping dead with Damien's sword still engraved as he held it with force.

"!!" (Carlo, Ulisses, and Reynolds knights)

Everyone's mouth was so wide it was about to break watching Damien who removed the sword without emotion and jumped down from it.

He did not pay any attention to them as he buckled his sword on his right hip and turned around jumping onto his horse as if it was nothing to him.

'Turn'

It was only after he had sat on his horse he turned to them who still had shocked faces.

"Let's get moving if you're tired go back" (Damien, said)

"We still have a couple of miles to go and we probably won't be done until sundown if this many keep coming our way" (Damien, said)

Even though his words sounded cold and annoyed it was quite the opposite, from early in the morning he had gotten a report that the northern doctor who was under Damien's protection had gone missing.

Dr. Louise a young twenty-six-year-old doctor who specialized in herbs.

Dr. Louise who recently had found herbs for new medicines located in the midst of the forest.

The problem was that this meant that Dr. Lousie would obviously attract the monsters.

So Damien dispatched a large group of Reynolds knights to protect Dr. Louise since the medicine was quite important.

Not long ago about five weeks an epidemic had seemed to strike the north causing various people to have uncontrollable fever, muscle pain, vomiting blood, and black marks appearing in the human body and finally killing them.

His duty was to protect the North so when he had found a way to solve this issue, no matter how risk-taking it was, he must protect it.

Dr. Louise a young man had volunteered on his own accord for the Northern people so Damien had hoped that report was false.

That Dr. Losuise and his twenty-five knights were not missing.

And that dried blood did not belong to any of them.

He wanted to get there as soon as possible but his knights were probably exhausted from all that fighting.

There were just too many monsters and not only that but they were bigger and stronger.

It was evident that he himself had to go alone if his knight's strength was drained.

But his devoted knights knew why Damien was acting in such a rush.

No knight gave up not even Ulisses who was not much of a help in battle wise.

.........

-Sundown in front of Forrest cabin-

What seemed to take all day had come to a halt as Damien and his knights stopped right in front of the cabin where Dr. Louise and his dispatched knights stayed.

It was already sundown by the time they arrived.

They had too much detur as more monsters appeared along the way.

At least now the exhausted knights could rest as long as they kept watch while Damien, Carlo, Ulisses, and a couple of knights got off their horses to head inside the abandoned cabin.

'Knock, Knock'

Damien knocked two times with hesitant knocks as if he had known the answer to what awaited him.

After a minute of silence, his hand extended grabbing the door nob of the old door and turning it.

'Creak'

He opened the door slowly as it made an old creaking sound.

'Step, Step'

Walking

'Light on'

'Halt'

Stop walking.

Within a few step that they took in the dark cabin, it was soon lit by a candle holder one of the Reynolds knights were holding.

Lightening some of the dark room they realized that this disappearance was the same exact as any other disappearance report and investigation they had dealt with.

The room was messy all around as if someone had made a big mess.

As if someone had struggled to resist, a couple of Reynolds swords were on the ground, and dried-up blood splattered on the wall, floor and a corner of a dusty long rectangular desk with some herbs rolled up in a white paper.

"..." (Damien)

It was clear that this scene was exactly the same as the others.

Recently there have been more cases of missing citizens that show signs of struggle but their bodies were never found.

No one had seen at what time or when did they disappeared and the Northern people feared for their lives.

Luckily the monsters only stayed in the forest area and never went down town however the forest was like the large backyard of Zentle castle and on some occasions, the monsters found some openings around it.

So the citizens didn't have to worry when it came to the monsters as they felt protected by Damien and the Reynolds knights but the disappearance was a different case.

Fear began to run through them as they started to lock themselves with more security each night since the cause of their disappearance was never found out and this had just exactly happened.

It was obvious they had to protect themselves and their homes.

Even setting early curfews leaving the downtown city just like a ghost town.

The only thing in the silence that could be heard was the struggling terrified screams of another disappearing person.

They dare not to look or go out in fright to be the next victim.

And now whoever did this had struck Dr. Louise and his knights.

This said something.

Damien knew the twenty-five knights he had assigned should have been plenty since they were pretty strong but it seemed that he miscalculated and the same situation had fallen on his hands once again.

That meant that his opponents were very strong.

Either that or they had strong backing to get rid of twenty-five of the strongest knights.

'Shake, Shake'

"We're...too late" (Ulisses, said)

Ulisses closed his eyes as he shook his head in deception and guilt for the case repeating.

"..." (Damien)

Damien looked down at the squished green herb in between a medicine book.

"Duke, what should we do?" (Carlo, asked)

Finally, Carlo parted his lips as he had picked up one of the Reynolds's missing knight swords.

'...' (Damien)

Damien remained silent for a few seconds after reaching for Dr. Louise's book picking it up and closing it.

"What has the temple said?" (Damien, asked)

Damien did not turn around to look at them only his voice was heard as he asked.

Ulisses who obviously was in charge of that matter answered.

"I'm afraid they don't know either, they could only consolidate the citizens by giving them their blessings" (Ulisses, said)

"The bishop sent some higher priests, lower priests, and holy paladins to the citizen's homes to calm them down" (Ulisses, said)

"But nothing else has been said" (Ulisses, said)

'However, there's a feeling I can't help to shake off' (Ulisses' inner thought)

He thought with suspicion as his lips parted again with some  hesitance and his eyes turned to look away.

"Your excellency I know that we have a very confusing and complicated relationship with the temple so I don't want to be propitious but I have a feeling that they are hiding something from us"(Ulisses, said)

Because the Elohim temple was the main branch in the capital and the main supporter for the emperor it was to be expected that the smaller branch of the Elhoim temple in the north would side with the emperor as well.

But since Damien spent a good amount of gold donating to them they have kept appearances.

On the surface, they pretend to be loyal to Damien and claim that the smaller branch stayed due to its devotion to the Northern people who had not sinned however they were only greedy ones for the gold.

And of course, it also meant that most of the Elhoim's smaller Northern branch were the emperor's spies.

Damien knew that very well that was why he didn't want to be associated with them but for his people, he too had to keep appearances.

Just like that newlywed visit that he and Han Jea/Nania had to make.

If anything he felt relief he could not bring Elliot since he had not been baptised yet.

It was quite saddening but he didn't want any blessing for people who wished for Elliot's death.

He was sure those temple people would put something in the holy blessing water.

'They even claim that Elliot had an allergic reaction if they wanted to' (Damien's inner thoughts)

Damien knew that those temple traders would come up with any excuse after harming Elliot.

He'd never take such a risk like that.

So even if for any reason if he'd ever brought Elliot to the temple his entry would automatically be forbidden.

Because Elliot had not been baptized, he could not enter the temple.

The only way was for them to baptize him the same day Elliot entered and that was just not going to happen.

Damien knew that those traitor temple people knew something that they weren't speaking up.

They were the emperor's people after all so if they did have any information it was only meant to get to the emperor's ears.

But something that Damien could not deny was that the emperor was in advantage on this matter.

This was because he had gotten a report recently from his spies that the capital was going threw the same crisis.

Citizens began to disappear out of nowhere.

From commoners to nobles.

The emperor was trying to suppress and cover the incidents.

On his hand, it was not as bad as the North where there was a good amount of Northern people missing.

Initially, he thought the emperor had something to do with it trying to harm Damien's people however why would the emperor harm his own people?

He knew that even though he was on bad terms with his cousin Aziel would not harm his own people, especially the recently missing nobles that protect his faction.

Thinking about it perhaps his cousin could be scratched off the suspect list even if he disliked him.

Han Jea/Nania's words had reminded him of the gallery conversation.

"...." (Damien)

Damien scrunched his eyes as if he was in deep thought.

If for a miracle were they could come to terms and help each other it would have to be Damien to reach out first.

He hated the fact that he'd had to take the first step.

Aziel was a man with a high ego and held grudges there was no way no matter if he wanted to know if Damien knew something else about the citizen's disappearance he'd asked him.

He was still determined to harm Elliot and he had yet not found his younger brother Archie.

It had never crossed Damien's mind to search for Archie in the North as everyone proclaimed him dead.

But they in fact had not found a body moreover what were the odds that he was still alive after this many years without a trace?

It was hopeless, but yet Han Jea/Nania's lighted-up blue eyes that seemed to have hope came to his mind again.

'I'm going to have to have a secret search...one more chance...' (Damien's inner thoughts)

'Archie is not at fault for our dispute here' (Damien's inner thoughts)

How could he blame an innocent child the way Aziel was blaming Elliot.

Han Jea/Nania's words had moved his heart.

So even if the emperor kept it up Damien would secretly search for Archie for self-guilt to an innocent child and if perhaps that would lighten up the hostility then...

'For now, I should put it as a secrete until I have a clue about these disappearances if he's harming his own people to get to me then hell I'll even hide Archie if I find him' (Damien's inner thoughts)

'Smirk'

His lips rose as if he were to chuckle.

'Even that wife of mine will hide him under a rock if it turns out so' (Damien's inner thoughts)

How Han Jea/Nania was already acting overprotective of Elliot was a clear indication of how she'd want to protect Archie too.

'Chill'

A chill ran down Ulisse's spine as he watched Damien smirk like that.

'...' (Ulisses)

His lips continued to move trying to ignore that smirk.

"We just have to know what they are hiding, for all we know they might know who the people who are causing these incidents are" (Ulisses, said)

Ulisses stopped again and added on.

"As much as I hate to say it... but bringing in the duchess for the newlywed meeting could be an excuse to meet face to face after many years" (Ulisses, said)

"If you ask them directly I'm sure their expressions will crumble at your presence" (Ulisess, said)

Because Damien had not shown up to the temple ever since he was nineteen years old thanks to his mother's visit he had no longer stepped foot after many years and now they had to see face to face since this was a law that he had to follow.

They could fool others into denying they were truly not hiding some secret but they could not lie to his face in front of an intimidating man like him.

"Mhm..." (Damien)

Damien grabbed his chin as if to think.

'The temple is like a backbone to the North if I do something rash I could make any citizen harbor hate in all this.' (Damien's inner thoughts)

'I will only lose a lot' (Damien's inner thoughts)

He had the whole empire hate him already but at least his Northern people had sided with him, he could not have them as their enemy.

That was one of the reasons he sucked up the temple's attitude.

'I suspect that the temple has to do something with all this however without proof I cannot do anything and seeing them face to face does not sound so bad' (Damien's inner thoughts)

'I will be able to see if they are up to something...but the thought of involving my wife...' (Damien's inner thoughts)

He ruffled his hair in stress and turned around to look at them with a made-up tone.

"Take everything useful here anything you can find or any clues left behind" (Damien, said)

"Soon my wife and I will pay the temple a little visit" (Damien, said)

He said with cold made-up eyes.

.....

After a long day of fighting monsters and searching for any remaining clues, Damien had arrived at night with the Reynolds knights.

Carlo left with the Reynolds knights to select a group of knights for Archie's secret search while Ulisses left to fill in paperwork for the temple's visit leaving Benny and Damien alone.

"I'm glad your highness arrived safe and sound" (Benny, said)

Benny said with a relieved face that Damien had returned.

Damien had arrived without a scratch but he had an exhausted face.

Benny felt sorry to give him more to carry but as reported he must tell him what happened today.

"Today there was another incident" (Benny, said)

"Incident?" (Damien, asked)

Damien scrunched his eyes and frowned his brows with displeasure.

'Nod'

Benny nodded to assure him as he continued on.

"Before that, I have to say that this incident could have been avoided if I wouldn't have been so negligent" (Benny, said)

He bowed with a heartbroken face just as the way he bowed to Han Jea/Nania.

"I should have stopped by and checked with the young master to make sure there were no problems, I deserve to-" (Benny, said)

"Is Elliot hurt?" (Damien, asked)

The heartbroken Benny was stopped by Damien's firm voice.

Damien's face reflected worry for Elliot's well-being.

"P-Pardon? No, young master is safe thanks to the madam" (Benny, said)

Benny raised from the bow as he said confused but understanding Damien's reaction.

Since Elliot had gotten too many assassination attempts it was obvious for Damien to react like this.

"There was another quarrel with the grand duchess and the nanny again" (Benny, said)

"They had an argument over young masters serving plate" (Benny, said)

"It was a plate full of vegetables however the vegetables were not in the best shape as they are affected each winter" (Benny, said)

"The madam did not know that, even so, she decided to take over young master Elliot's new eating menu and I could agree with the madam's decision" (Benny, said)

"She has taken care of the young master much better than I have, I have failed to make sure the young master was well fed but-" (Benny, said)

Benny still needed to be punished by his master who he had failed.

He felt warm as Han Jea/Nania had not blamed him but it did not feel right.

He still felt guilty but before he could finish Damien had interrupted him.

"Benny" (Damien, said)

Damien called him to interrupt his stressed voice that asked for punishment.

"You have worked for my father and mother for many years unconditionally and picked my side, you are old Benny and I have put too much stress that is why I don't blame you" (Damien, said)

"As the protector of the North I failed to be more alert as it came to Elliot and now a woman whom I only met for a few days is taking better care of Elliot than me it shows that I have been the one negligent and not you, this was my responsibility" (Damien, said)

Damien said with a firm expression of a man who admitted his mistakes and was willing to change them.

Damien knew how stressed Benny had been, he could understand that Benny had too much to handle and was getting old so assigning him more responsibility was out of the question.

Damien had trusted the nanny but it seemed that Han Jea/Nania and the nanny would have a conflict each time that they see each other.

If Damien stopped from time to time to check on Elliot when his curse was not as bad as other times he should have taken advantage to see how his little brother was doing instead of pushing him aside.

Damien should have taken more care of Elliot instead of always using his curse that held him up from fear to not hurt Elliot.

Even without a curse, it was he who was already hurting Elliot and with this now, Benny would even ask for execution for a mistake that was not his all alone.

So he reassured Benny.

"Yes... Your Highness" (Benny, said)

Benny seemed to calm down a little after Damien's words.

He decided to speak up again and inform him what else had happened.

"Also...I want to show you this" (Benny, said)

'Hand out'

He handed out the sketch that Han Jea/Nania had made for the sledge and sled.

"The Madam suggested an idea to solve the situation for the vegetables, fruits, herbs , and tree trunks" (Benny, said)

"She sketched this new transportation to transport any cargo even for the Alpac mountains" (Benny, said)

'Grab'

'Hand out'

'Grab'

Damien grabbed the sketch with analyzing golden eyes at the amount of detail in this craftsmanship and accepted the other sketch of a greenhouse with adjustments.

"The smaller transportation is a sled for the young master Elliot and this here is a greenhouse to keep the crops well even during winter" (Benny, said)

'Hand out'

'Grab'

Benny handed Damien another document with a proud face as Damien grabbed it.

"The madam not only is exceptionally talented in solving unexpected problems but this is one of the main documents that she organized with such a high organization style" (Benny, said)

"She managed to finish the documents in such a short amount of time I was truly impressed" (Benny, said)

'Look up'

Benny who looked down at the documents on Damien's hand looked up at him.

"Your Highness I believe it's time for that nanny to go" (Benny, said)

"The debt has been paid there is no reason to keep her if she no longer wants to do her job well" (Benny, said)

Benny continued on hesitantly.

"It may seem out of place Your Highness but if you keep that nanny out of guilt it might cause a misunderstanding between you and the madam" (Benny, said)

"The madam and the young master have already become very attached if the madam were to leave it would greatly impact the young master...and you your Highness" (Benny, said)

He said as he looked at Damien as if to give him relationship advice.

"..." (Damien)

A sweat of drop ran down from his neck at the thought of such a thing happening.

He didn't know when it started but Elliot was not the only one who had been attached to her.

During the whole day, all he could think about was getting back home and seeing that face of hers.

He also missed Elliot very much every day as his daily routine.

He wanted to hug his brother very badly, he wanted to pet his soft black hair and lift him up or carry him but Elliot was like a little fragile child who he was afraid of breaking or scaring him.

He was afraid that his curse would hit him if he were with Elliot, he didn't want Elliot to be afraid of him.

His heart couldn't handle it.

With Han Jea/Nania was different, he didn't know why but each time he was with her it was as if his curse faded away but as he was apart from her the pain the malice came to him.

He tried very hard to hold it in for his dear ones and the ones that surrounded him hiding it that he was cursed.

"Benny where are Elliot and my wife?" (Damien, asked)

Finally, Damien's lips opened as he asked.

"Ah both the madam and the young master are currently in the kitchen baking some cookies" (Benny, said)

Benny quickly responded.

'Turn, Turn'

Damien turned left and right looking down at himself who had monster blood.

'I guess I'll take a bath first' (Damien's inner thoughts)

'Look up'

'But I have something to solve' (Damien's inner thoughts)

"I'll go wash up send the nanny to my office as soon as I'm out" (Damien, said)

It was time to fix these matters.

....

And that was what had happened he had washed up and checked on Han Jea/Nania and Elliot.

He wanted to speak to them first but they were happily having fun playing around, he did not want to interrupt so he headed to his office to deal with the nanny.

He sat down on his desk and began to scribble for what seemed to be fifteen minutes before a knock came out from the door.

"Come in" (Damien, said)

'Scribble, Scribble'

Writing

'Creak'

Door opening

'Creak'

Door closing

'Scribble, Scribble'

Damien only heard the door open and close as he paid no attention to the person entering while he wrote down on some documents in the dark room with only moonlight rays hitting him.

'Step, Step, Step'

'Scribble, Scribble'

Writing

'Halt'

Sop walking

The steps stopped in front of his desk as a small candlelight illuminated some of his face.

"Y-You called Duke?" (Zoa, asked)

Zoa's voice was heard in front of him as if the voice was timid but shy.

'Halt'

Damien halted his pen and set it down.

'Look up'

He looked up and his eyes widened at the unexpected scene.

This was the first time Zoa had dressed in such a way.

She had a blushed face and wet down hair as some hair strands seemed stuck to her cheeks.

She wore a brown long tight night gown showing her square-shaped figure.

Her brown long tight night gown also exposed her flat chest as it was a v-shaped style however the way she placed her hands as if to cover her body made her small chest look a little bit more bigger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 285 17
❝"Huh...? You want QUARTET NIGHT to split?" "I don't plan that, but that would be nice too." he grinned. ".... A-And how do you plan to do that?" I s...
679K 33.8K 66
ㅤ ♔。:*•.─────    𑁍̤ ❛ HAUNTING ―― LINGERS BEHIND . . . 𝘈 𝘚𝘔𝘌𝘓𝘓 𝘖𝘍 𝘚𝘐𝘓𝘒 * a fanfiction based on a crossover betw...
10.8K 214 26
The drums of war have just been sent roaring!! Now whom is my Father's grand army fighting against???, Well no one is entirely sure, but to instill m...
170K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...